Who are marvel's Greatest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
sword fighters?

Who are the most skilled with a swords or swords?

List top 5 .

Also once the list is decided right list for who are the top 5 with certain swords such as swords from the middle ages or classic japanese's swords.

If you can not think of enough marvel people you can use DC as well as black hoarse

Alfheim
Black Knight for swords from the middle ages. I dont know anybody else. Of course there Silver Samurai for oriental weapons but I dont know which of them is better....meh.

Martian_mind
Wolverine,Cable,Silver Samurai,Deadpool and ...did Ogun swordfight?

capt it up
how about top 5 list then we will pick individual type of swords.

oh Logan has shown to be very skilled with middle age type swords as has new swordsmen and the original swordsmen as wella s ares.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Wolverine,Cable,Silver Samurai,Deadpool and ...did Ogun swordfight?
Ogun is consider the greatest swordsmen to have ever lived........

he created 13 styles him self devoted to swords play.

grey fox
Swordsman ? He'd have to be pretty damn good to keep up with all the Super teams.

Wolvie...meh. Lately he's a jack of all trades with weapons. Taskmaster should definitely be on that list , Kang too.

guy222
Originally posted by capt it up
sword fighters?

Who are the most skilled with a swords or swords?

List top 5 .

Also once the list is decided right list for who are the top 5 with certain swords such as swords from the middle ages or classic japanese's swords.

If you can not think of enough marvel people you can use DC as well as black hoarse

1. Swordsman
2. Black Knight
3. Captain Britain
4. Kang

grey fox
Originally posted by guy222
1. Swordsman
2. Black Knight
3. Captain Britain
4. Kang

Kang should be higher then Captain Britain.

capt it up
Originally posted by grey fox
Swordsman ? He'd have to be pretty damn good to keep up with all the Super teams.

Wolvie...meh. Lately he's a jack of all trades with weapons. Taskmaster should definitely be on that list , Kang too.

what do you mean?

Wolverine alway been a master of sword play........he was taught by the greatest sword fighter to ever live.

I have not seen him use any other weapons other then claws or a samuria sword in quite a while.

ya swordsmen is bad ass I wonder if new swordsmen more skilled? also baron zemo is a whick good sword fighter he was the one who trained the new swordsmen

draxx_tOfU
kenshi himura...

capt it up
lol he not a comic character and I like mugan better.

form kenshi the guy who shields to smaller swords is bad ass also the kick boxer is cool too

Symmetric Chaos
In no particular order.

Ogun
SilverSamurai
BlackKinght
Swordsman
Kang

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
kenshi himura...

Badum bum kish.

He wasn't even the best in his universe.

draxx_tOfU
squall >>>> cloud

**hides from the cloud fanboys**

grey fox
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
squall >>>> cloud

**hides from the cloud fanboys**

ZOMG CLOUD BEATSTEH GREAT SEPHY-CHAN !!! LOL1111111

Seriously though ? Squall probably does have better skills in overall swordsmanship , his weapon is lighter thus easier to control so his sword-style is probably flashier as-well.

marvelprince
Hmm, harder than I thought to narrow it to five. Lets see

Ogun
Wolverine
Swordsman I
Swordsman II
Deadpool

grey fox
Originally posted by marvelprince

Ogun
Wolverine
Swordsman I
Swordsman II
Deadpool

Kang pwns deadpool.

capt it up

Ogun
Wolverine
Swordsman I
Swordsman II
Deadpool

you mean new swords men right? the second swordsmen died after like 2 missions.

Faceman
Ares.

psycho gundam
shingan harada, yukio's evil father. he "should" have killed wolverine.

outavodka
these two are a bit less than best

nightcrawler with telepotation hes def a beast with double blade
corsair more a gun slinger but has shown to put some to shame with fencing abilities

marvelprince
you mean new swords men right? the second swordsmen died after like 2 missions.

Sorry. Yea I meant the new Swordsman. The one in T-Bolts.

starlock
Shatterstar-all swords
Black knight-medevil/long sword
Wolverine-samurai
Conan-did marvel do Conan?(bastard sword)/swordsman then(long sword)
Deadpool-Katanas

Ogun i respect,just did not want to include a dead character

there are so many good sword fighters its hard to decide, i cant fault anyones choices
Belasco,nightcrawler,taskmaster,paladin,silver samurai,ares,cosair,are a few

grey fox
Kang ( with only a sword) held off the young avengers and was about to kill Wicaan...

Thanos_THOTU
Takes top 5 in the Marvel hierarchy.
C'mon, if TOAA wanted to he could, if he isnt already.

capt it up
Sorry. Yea I meant the new Swordsman. The one in T-Bolts.
no biggy

also who ever said Ogun is dead is correct and incorrect he may be dead, but he still around and is still a foe. He immortal in a sense

Soljer
1. Wolverine.
2. James Howlett
3. Logan
4. Weapon X
5. Death Wolverine

roll eyes (sarcastic).

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
1. Wolverine.
2. James Howlett
3. Logan
4. Weapon X
5. Death Wolverine

roll eyes (sarcastic).
was there a need for that? You act like I was even talking about wolverine when I was speaking about ogun, but thanks for that pointless post lol.

also what up with teh sarcastic smily it really has no place in your post since well there was no point to your post and it really was just a shot at me for an unknown reason........since you know I never even stated wolverine as a top 5 sword fighter let a lone give the assumption that he deserves every spot........

Big Sexy
stick out tongue

Soljer
Originally posted by Big Sexy
stick out tongue

I really loved the Bad-ass deadpool arc though C&D recently. Cable'll probably be back on the scene next issue, though.

But seriously, seeing Deadpool ***** a TON of B-listers, ***** the Rhino at a couple inches tall, shit all over T-Ray while holding back, save a fat Agent X, all the while joking and hoping to get laid?

smile.

I love deadpool.

Big Sexy
Favorite pic, and yeah, the last few Cable/Deadpools have been hilarious.

FOOM
A What If comic showed what would happen if Wolverine faced of agaisnt Conan. Conan K.d is A.

1.Ogun
2.Blackknight
3.Conan
4. Red Sonja
5.Swordsman
6.Silver Samurai

Kang, Wolverine, Yoshida,
Also Iron Fist and Shang Chi no doubt have exceptional training with swords, as well.

TricksterPriest
Gamora. I don't know what Thanos trained her in, but I'd easily put her on this list. stick out tongue

capt it up
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Gamora. I don't know what Thanos trained her in, but I'd easily put her on this list. stick out tongue
naw. She never shown to be a sword fighter nor has thanos so to assume they are top 5 is pushing it.

SpunkySmurph
I'm guessing Baron Zemo and Cit. V haven't been mentioned, but I'll just throw the names out there.

SpunkySmurph
naw. She never shown to be a sword fighter nor has thanos so to assume they are top 5 is pushing it. Yes, she has. Not to mention, seeing as she's mastered something like 81% of weapons in the known universe, it's believable.

That statistic is paraphrased, but it still has the same implications.

TricksterPriest
naw. She never shown to be a sword fighter nor has thanos so to assume they are top 5 is pushing it.

Thanos has shown it, but let's keep him off the list to be fair. Gamora on the other hand, *ahem* godslayer?

capt it up
I mention zemo earlier I think. He may be on the list though maybe not. He is dam good with a sword and did train the new swords men

spidey-dude
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2282/elektrafigae5.jpg

capt it up
Thanos has shown it, but let's keep him off the list to be fair. Gamora on the other hand, *ahem* godslayer?
godslayer is a knife........nife fighting and sword fighting are not even close to the same..........

also when the hell has thanos used a sword.......

SpunkySmurph
Thanos has shown it, but let's keep him off the list to be fair. Gamora on the other hand, *ahem* godslayer? Godslayer's a dagger, but I have scans of her using a sword to battle Ronan. Not saying she's neccessarily top 5 material, just clarifying.

capt it up
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Godslayer's a dagger, but I have scans of her using a sword to battle Ronan. Not saying she's neccessarily top 5 material, just clarifying.
oh ok my bad then

SpunkySmurph
Black Bolt also happens to be very good with a sword.

WorldWarHulk
naw. She never shown to be a sword fighter nor has thanos so to assume they are top 5 is pushing it. Both have shown it... and Gamora has shown it far more, and far better than most of these chumps on the lists.

1. LT
2. Eternity
3. Galactus
4. In-Betweener
5. Death

capt it up
galactus has used a sword.........wtf

ok im gunna change this thread to mid tier and lower to make it more interesting

SpunkySmurph
I mention zemo earlier I think. He may be on the list though maybe not. He is dam good with a sword and did train the new swords men Yeah. And he was citizen v for a while - not to mention the citizen costume has aways been worn by a master sword fighter. Look hw the one was owning Deadpool in C&D.

Terryc250
Originally posted by grey fox
ZOMG CLOUD BEATSTEH GREAT SEPHY-CHAN !!! LOL1111111

Seriously though ? Squall probably does have better skills in overall swordsmanship , his weapon is lighter thus easier to control so his sword-style is probably flashier as-well.

nahh squalls weapon is barely even a sword, its like a gun with a blade on it, Cloud actually used swords, he swings around like a 300+ pound sword like nothing, Clouds tough, Omnislash ftw

SpunkySmurph
No. But, you can bet if he did, he'd smoke anybody mentioned so far (other than those in Bran's list)

WorldWarHulk

ok im gunna change this thread to mid tier and lower to make it more interesting No, but he would kill everyone else, in a swordfight...

capt it up
OK LOL MID TIER AND LOWER WHO THE BEST SWORD FIGHTERS?

WorldWarHulk
OK LOL MID TIER AND LOWER WHO THE BEST SWORD FIGHTERS? Black Bolt.

capt it up
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Black Bolt.
he that good? Im talking pure skill here no powers.......

SpunkySmurph
Skill:

Yeah, me too.

All right, here he is taking down one of the best Kree warriors, in a powerless duel...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/RonanDuel.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/Marvel/Scans/RonanDuel2.jpg

WorldWarHulk
he that good? Im talking pure skill here no powers....... He beat Ronan in a dual, while weakened (sword).

capt it up
still does that put him on the top of the list?

wer eyou got people like swordsmen......ogun and so forth who rely on swords to survive every day........

WorldWarHulk
still does that put him on the top of the list?

wer eyou got people like swordsmen......ogun and so forth who rely on swords to survive every day........ Ronan is the best warrior of his entire race...

capt it up
Ronan is the best warrior of his entire race...
still not impressed seeing as how I seen him get stomped bu U.S AGENT......

Ogun is the best swordsmen to ever live........

SpunkySmurph
As I recall, it was a single shot that Agent had, after he had been given a rough time, and none of it had anything to do with swords.

So what's your point?

capt it up
swords men and silver sameria train every day with there swords. The rely on them to survive. They are masters with there swords. There swords are like an part of there own bodies.

WorldWarHulk

Ogun is the best swordsmen to ever live........ Are you talking about Wolverine, or Ronan?

capt it up
As I recall, it was a single shot that Agent had, after he had been given a rough time, and none of it had anything to do with swords.

So what's your point?
US agent KOed him..........

my point is beign the best kree fighter or what ever doe snot impress me.

In terms of skill I don't think he even be top 15.

now though black bolt is skilled with a sword is he skilled enough with out his powers to battle the likes of silver sameria, new swords men, ogun and so forth and win? I would think not

capt it up
Are you talking about Wolverine, or Ronan?
ronan...........and US Agent hit wolverine from behidn while he was fighting some one else.......

WorldWarHulk
US agent KOed him..........

my point is beign the best kree fighter or what ever doe snot impress me.

In terms of skill I don't think he even be top 15.

now though black bolt is skilled with a sword is eh skileld enough with out his pwoers to battle the likes of silver sameria, new swords men, ogun and so forth and win? I would think not If not, he could just punch them in the face.

SpunkySmurph
snot impress me.
Yeah, you should probably talk to a psychiatrist about that... ermm

WorldWarHulk
ronan...........and US Agent hit wolverine from behidn while he was fighting some one else....... Oh... He hit him from behind, after Wolverine cheap-shotted Gamora.
***** should have been paying attention.

capt it up
If not, he could just punch them in the face.
ya like he land a punch in the face.........he lose an arm trying a stunt like that seeing as how he won't have powers.......since this is a skill matter.......

This is to see who the most skilled swordsmen's........

capt it up
Oh... He hit him from behind, after Wolverine cheap-shotted Gamora.
***** should have been paying attention.
lol still a cheap shot. I never said wolverine did not cheap shot gamora....

capt it up
you guys honestly believe in skill that black bolt deserve to be in the top 5 list?

WorldWarHulk
ya like he land a punch in the face.........he lose an arm trying a stunt like that seeing as how he won't have powers.......since this is a skill matter.......

This is to see who the most skilled swordsmen's........ If he didn't have powers, than when he clashed with any of the contestants, he would easily be overpowered... since he would be a normal human, and everyone else would be way higher than him... don't see how that's fair.

capt it up
If he didn't have powers, than when he clashed with any of the contestants, he would easily be overpowered... since he would be a normal human, and everyone else would be way higher than him... don't see how that's fair.
lol I ment every one has no powers. This is purly who the most skilled with a sword in mid tier and under.

Ogun is number one for sure since well he stickequal in martial arts and he is the master of the sword. He created 13 styles him self all of which are consider the greatest swordmen styles. He also said be the greatest swordsmen to ever live.

WorldWarHulk
lol I ment every one has no powers. This is purly who the most skilled with a sword in mid tier and under.

Ogun is number one for sure since well he stickequal in martial arts and he is the master of the sword. He created 13 styles him self all of which are consider the greatest swordmen styles. He also said be the greatest swordsmen to ever live. Squirrel Girl ftw.

capt it up
Squirrel Girl ftw.

why would stick be number one? He not a swords fighter........

WorldWarHulk
why would stick be number one? He not a swords fighter........ I don't know what you're talking about... shifty

spidey-dude
zorro beats all of them

WorldWarHulk
James Bond.

SpunkySmurph
Anyways.

1. Ogun
2. Gamora
3. Swordsman (the good ones)
4. Baron Zemo
5. Citizen V
6. Black Knight
7. Black Bolt

smile

capt it up
Originally posted by spidey-dude
zorro beats all of them
this is very true zorro

WorldWarHulk
Gamora wins.

capt it up
Anyways.

1. Ogun
2. Gamora
3. Swordsman (the good ones)
4. Baron Zemo
5. Citizen V
6. Black Knight
7. Black Bolt

smile
there are a lot of people I put over black bolt such as silver sameria and his father even batman and wolverine are better. There are many other lady deathstrike is very good. ares is extremely skilled swordsmen and even hawlk eye is amazing with a sword.

SpunkySmurph
Of course, Masterbruce pwns them all, but he's not marvel.

SpunkySmurph
batman *looks at thread title*

hmm

capt it up
*looks at thread title*

hmm
oh shit my bad wow and I made the thread ahahaha

srankmissingnin
1. Ogun
2. Shingen

... Throw whoever you want in the last three spots, doesn't really mater.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
1. Ogun
2. Shingen

... Throw whoever you want in the last three spots, doesn't really mater.
dam ya shingen totally forgot about him.

come on man you must have more say then that.

wolverines a good swordsmen,but I am not sure he top 5. Though experience wise he has vastly more experience with a sword then most any one else other then ogun.

new swordsmen pritty bad ass and zemo as well.

silver sameria is good as well

jasonk3
*looks at thread title*

hmm

oh shit my bad wow and I made the thread ahahaha

*looks at Capt it up*

hmm

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.