Ryu and Ken Run the Art of Fighting Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
In Part 2 of this matchup, Ryu and Ken will have to fight their way through the cast (with the exception of Ryo and Robert) of Art of Fighting 2 (Young Geese included).

If Ryu and Ken make it to the end, then there will be a tiebreaker match between the two teams.

olympian
No Ryo and Robert? "Villains" included?

King, Eiji, Mr Big, Mr Karate and Geese are the true contenders.

Either of them will be hardpressed to beat Karate and Geese while have an easier time with the others.

Sado22
they will go past almost everyone with ease...the only problem being King and Mr. Big. aside from that the can beat anyone.
however...
Geese rapes Ryu and Mr. Karate pwns Ken and puts his nose where the sun don't shine.

~Sado
P.S. for those who don't know, Geese held a sheer dominance in his fight against ryo. in the end Ryo was almost beaten...and Geese was only testing the kyokugen heir....he was literally playing around with him. just then ryo unleashes the ryukurenbu on Geese. Geese could have finished him off but he decided to counter it with his "deadly rave". however the plan backfired as Ryo's speed was much greater, totally catching geese in surprise. but even then Geese wasn't beaten. he was just dazed. Ryo decided to finish it with haohshikoken but geese escaped. so TECHNICALLY, Ryo didn't actually beat Geese which is why he isn't the legendry for beating Geese while Terry is.
thank you for the praises. i know i rock.

(i can so hear brainy taking a sigh of relief) laughing out loud

olympian
Bah, Geese ran off, so Ryo`s legendary for defeating him on its own game. Its true however that the match was by a hair. Wich i personally prefer. Gives respect to both.

Emperor Ashtar
Mr. Karate kills them

Sado22
ditto. Mr. K is a beast. Geese kills Ken while Mr. Karate shows ryu what karate is all about!

~Sado

shin_remy
neh i don't think geese will win from Ken

especially sice this is young Geese

but i do think that Mr. Karate will beat Ryu and ken

AND this is a tag team : Ryu and Ken VS ...

olympian
Well, if anything Geese was less of a "jobber" when he was younger.

Sado22
i'm beginning to hate the word "job"....

olympian
In my view it simplifies way too much certain situations. Its not like Geese who was boss level lost to a mid tier guy. Now that would fall more in jobbing terms than any other thing. Geese wasent sold as god level or anything there.

Bosses are usually top tiers themselves, so when they lose to another fellow man of the same class (or even a shade below) its not in my view something absurd but conceivable.

Thus why i use the term "jobbing" as it is instead of Jobbing.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by olympian
In my view it simplifies way too much certain situations. Its not like Geese who was boss level lost to a mid tier guy. Now that would fall more in jobbing terms than any other thing. Geese wasent sold as god level or anything there.

Yet, he took out Andy & Joe easily, Has a Boss status, and isn't sold as someone high tier? confused

Bosses are usually top tiers themselves, so when they lose to another fellow man of the same class (or even a shade below) its not in my view something absurd but conceivable.

Despite the fact it happens all the time with terry?

brainchild81
Geese loses fights like it's his mission in life. Ken beats him.Originally posted by Sado22
they will go past almost everyone with ease...the only problem being King and Mr. Big. aside from that the can beat anyone.
however...
Geese rapes Ryu and Mr. Karate pwns Ken and puts his nose where the sun don't shine.

~Sado
P.S. for those who don't know, Geese held a sheer dominance in his fight against ryo. in the end Ryo was almost beaten...and Geese was only testing the kyokugen heir....he was literally playing around with him. just then ryo unleashes the ryukurenbu on Geese. Geese could have finished him off but he decided to counter it with his "deadly rave". however the plan backfired as Ryo's speed was much greater, totally catching geese in surprise. but even then Geese wasn't beaten. he was just dazed. Ryo decided to finish it with haohshikoken but geese escaped. so TECHNICALLY, Ryo didn't actually beat Geese which is why he isn't the legendry for beating Geese while Terry is.
thank you for the praises. i know i rock.

(i can so hear brainy taking a sigh of relief) laughing out loud That the coolest most original boss SNK ever made had to run from the most lamest unoriginal character SNK ever made?! Hell NO! I'd let you toss me of brainchild Tower again if I thought it would kill mesmile

olympian
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Yet, he took out Andy & Joe easily, Has a Boss status, and isn't sold as someone high tier? confused
At the same time or one on one? Im drawing a blank now, about it.

Emperor Ashtar
Terry was always above both, anyway.

Who isn't terry above, they should rename the series "Fatal Terry".

brainchild81
laughing or "Terry's Fury"

olympian
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Who isn't terry above, they should rename the series "Fatal Terry".
So the point of contention here its that Terry was above any other figthers on his own game?

Well, sure i can understand why it can piss some people off, im not a big fan of it myself but...its what he was always suppose to be.

The series its all about Terry`s story after all.

Emperor Ashtar
So the point of contention here its that Terry was above any other figthers on his own game?

Well, sure i can understand why it can piss some people off, im not a big fan of it myself but...its what he was always suppose to be.
Which is dumb, but whatever.

The series its all about Terry`s story after all.
So, that means he has to own Godtiers? Terry defeated Zaki, a guy who stomped the entire cast of FF by himself. So, realistically, terry should never lose to anything, but a Deus Ex Machina.

olympian
The other point of contention should be if he "owned" or simply pulled plot device wins.

Sure, either way it wont please people. I get what you say, but the man was ahead of the rest of the cast and its how he was made.

brainchild81
Way ahead of them though. Why bother making them cool like Kim if he's just gonna be flat out stepped on for Terry to look cool? Should'a just been Terry & a bunch of stick figures. So much energy wasted on quality character design.

King Nothing
Ken and Ryu will win and must I add in, that if this is The AOF Mr.Karate and not the SVC version, Ryu and Ken MIGHT lose, but they will give him a run for his money.

olympian
It is the AOF Mr Karate.

Either ken or Ryu would lose against SVC Chaos Mr Karate as well, tho.

Emperor Ashtar
Aof Mr. Karate could lose, but SVC: Choas version, no way.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by King Nothing
Ken and Ryu will win and must I add in, that if this is The AOF Mr.Karate and not the SVC version, Ryu and Ken MIGHT lose, but they will give him a run for his money.

Mr. Karate is not in Art of Fighting 2. Takuma and Karate are the same person, but he is not wearing the Tengu Mask, making him Takuma Sakazaki instead of his alter ego.

King Nothing
Originally posted by Major Snafu
Mr. Karate is not in Art of Fighting 2. Takuma and Karate are the same person, but he is not wearing the Tengu Mask, making him Takuma Sakazaki instead of his alter ego. I know that, but Mr. Karate or Takuma isn't powerful enough to take the current Ryu and Ken at once. I beleive, he only has this absurd strength in the Serious Mr. Karate form.

olympian
Takuma would likely lose, but Mr Karate has surely been high enough in more versions than just SVC Chaos.

All in all, they get to the boss.

shin_remy
Serious Mr. Karate is uncanon

olympian
Its just a version game of the guy. No one is arguing wich versions are canon or not.

Emperor Ashtar
Karate wins, the guy is a beast and a half.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.