K' vs Yugo Ogami (BR)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charlotte DeBel
Since it was mentioned in "K' vs Lee Chaolan" thread, i felt it would be nessesary to create a thread for analysing this fight deeper...

So who wins- the flaming, fast and furious Beast of Prey or werewolf fighter?

Sado22
don't bother with such threads, kitten. most people here don't even acknowledge yugo or the other BR characters as too great (people here seem to think that he is not even an average fighter). heck often the coolness that is K Dash, doesn't even get that much respect.
I tried two three BR threads and i barely got a reactionsad

but since i am a fan and so are you, well, i guess its between ore-sama and you.

speed: this could be either one of them. if its the speed of the combinations or something, I'll have to give it to K' especially when he gets pissed (Chaindriver SDM for example). and the fact that he has flames behind those moves makes it even more dangerous. K' has great speed in moves like heatdriver, chaindriver, heavendriver, minute spke and narrow spike. Yugo has good speed too. not to mention Yugo's speed in his evasion (BR4 evasive tactic using R1 if i remember correct). his speed there is remarkable.

power: arguable again. Yugo has basic punches that can smack an opponent several feet away. it was even shown in BR4 Nagi's ending where he smacks her across the room with a punch...and i doubt he was going all out. K' on the other hand has done some remarkable stuff too. KO the hightier Zeroes for one and KOing Ingiz too.

stamina: well K' was able to win the KoF2001 tourny, take on "Original Loser" and then take on Igniz, lose, and then take him on again and finish him off too, surive the crash landing to sea, swin back up and then save Kula from K9999 and angel. That's gotta stand for something. on the other hand we have Yugo, who gets thrashed by Busuzima to the point that he had to be taken to the ICU, gets right back up upon regaining consciousness and takes on the entire ZLF foundation and takes out Busuzima...after fighitng numerous other people. all this without getting any medication. that too has to stand for something.

other advantages:
-K' has flames and projectiles. Yugo has neither.
-Yugo has some great combinations of low, middle and high attacks. K' mainly has high and mid hits and his combinations (aside from chaindriver) is mainly conscerned with the upperbody. so is Yugo, but he has more "lower attacks" as a combination. not to mention Yugo too has a chain combo, the king of breakers which employs the guard crush.
-K' has teleportation
-Yugo has his cool evasive tactics in BR4 where he is untouchable no matter how fast a combo you pull on him (he can even dodge Long's 20 hit kungfu punch thingy)

overall great fight and it really really can go either way. I'm still torn between them.

~Sado

Charlotte DeBel
K' seems to be underrated there...For the man, who was in top 10 of KOF fighters since his first appearance (and more closer to top 5), he is disrespected a lot... I took it almost as a personal offence when someone said that K' is more "flat and uninteresting characher" than that "stupid skunk wearing the same stinky gi all year round" aka Ryu...I can understand when he loses to Ryu (I really dislike him- being the first doesn't equal being the best) or Rock Howard...But compared to Mortal Combat characters (most of them are only great on paper, but their fanboys like to present them as gods- SubZero, for example, has almost never done things he's supposed to do according to his fanboys on screen...I can also use non-canon sources in debate- like KOF HK comics when K' blows up skyscraper with a click of fingers, controls lava flow by mixing it with his own flame ,destroys aviabase with a powerful explosion- but K' doesn't become godtier because of doing it (though it was fun to use these comics sourses in a debate from comic book versus board "K' vs Human Torch" since there I was asked to bring up comic showings of K'...but even going by game showings, K' still has numerous ways to kick Torch's stupid ass) K's underrated as hell.

And I've already said that flame would prevent Yugo from going all out (he would have to put more effort into controlling his animal side- but that doesn't mean that our werewolf will run away like a scared dog- that only means that K' has more possibilities to use his speed).
K' can win that fight like 6-7/10. I don't say that he's going to make fur jacket out of werewolf and give it to Kula as a birthday gift. That would be great fight..

Sado22
you think that K' is underrated........he isn't.
he just not a god like Ryu who only has 3 moves and happened to come first.

Charlotte DeBel
I don't think he's a god... I'm not a stupid fangirl... but he's not a lame character either... And he gets little respect- there's ten or even less versus threads with him on that board...

Sado22
i was being sarcastic about ryu=godsmile

Charlotte DeBel
Yes...but some crazy fanboys think he is...and make pepole with common sence laugh...
And they make a big deal about Bison, who's Geese or Original Zero's level- nowhere as strong as Orochi or Ingiz...Nothing special...

Of all SF bosses, Gill and Shin Gouki are the most impressive ones to my taste...

Sado22
exactly!
the only godtier thing that Bison ever did was....nothing. they make a big issue about how he destroyed a city.....only that never happened and that animation is used in almost everyone's ending when they show the base destroy.
not to mention that SFA3 Bison was powerful (still unimpressively) because of the negative energy that was being transported to his body via the psycho drives...............and after all that he runs away from 13 underaged girls who take him and even runs away when Ryu hits him.
godtier my foot.
yet a godtier running away is more plausible than one who is defeated by another godtier (as was Nightmare Geese when he wad beaten by Terry). but that's not possible...because Terry becoming godtier is out of question...though ryu became just that when he fought Sagat in SF1.
the pro-SF bias here is so ridiculous. i used to find it funny like you when i joined this dump...but now its annoying as hell. espcially when they tell you crap like Ryu>>Goenitz. what the hell? no way in hell is he ever beating Goenitz.

Gill and ShitGouki are impressive...but Gill could use some more clothes sick

~Sado

Charlotte DeBel
Honestly,anyone of KOF Great Four could took Bizon one-to-one. K' has beaten Zero and Original Zero, Terry has beaten Geese, Kyo and Iori beat Orochi together, but Orochi was true godtier...

And the thing about Bison never losing only tells us how LAME SF cast is and nothing more. ShitGouki- smile))))))))))))))))))))))) LMAO

Sado22
none of these four CAN FIGHT Bison one-on-one, Charlotte.
They will all BEAT HIM one-on-onewink
K', Kyo, Iori and Terry have all take on things a LOT worse than a guy who can't beat 13 little girlslaughing
Nightmare Geese, Igniz, Orochi, Orochi Iori, Orochi team, Goenitz, Rugal, Omega Rugal...............that's just to name a few. and they will ALL take kill Bison.

~Sado
P.S. see...you and i are the only people interested in this thread. i told you K' and BR characters are vastly underrated around here. you already saw the BS posted on that "ryu/terry" thread. around here the only thing that equals "godly" and being the best is Brokeback fighter. anyother game like KoF, tekken, BR, Guilty etc either has weaker characters and if not all the feats of the heroes are a result of jobbing.
seriosuly...street, sorry, Brokeback fighter is the most overrated thing after Paris Hilton

Charlotte DeBel
You're right about them ALL killing stupid Bison one-to-one. And I did mean that when writing about it... fight to win and to kill stupid overrated character...

And for fighting which was originally thought to be more "down-to-earth", with paying more attention to realism and less to superpowers, it's annoying to see how ungodly SF is overrated.
Being the first and most recognised doesn't equal being the best... it's

shin_remy

King Nothing
I don't like old boring ass Ryu my self, but this hate has gotta stop.
If the guy is great, he's great.

brainchild81
Ditto

Sado22
quoted for the f'in truth.

Look when I come around on KMC i make fun of anyone, anything and any poster I want to because me, I come to forums to have fun. I've made fun of terry at everytime it was reasonable to do so and I've made fun of ryu. heck i've made fun of Terry's engRish more than Ryu's "limpy" sexlife. that's what i like about brain...he doesn't take it personally when i make fun of him or his favorite character.
F--k YOU BRAINY!!!! GEESE SUCKS!!!!
see? big grin

so again...i don't HATE ryu. i like making fun of him, and whats more enjoyable is that comments like that always has fanboys running around and defending him. which is funnier still.
I'm here for the kicks dude. take it easy.

and I feel Ryu is overrated for reasons i've pointed out on threads. things like:
-ryu beating Kof bosses solo
-ryu taking on werewolves
-ryu being stronger than akuam
all point to him being overrated. and SF is overrated for a game that has been mroe about rehashing its own design than anything else. but that's all my opinion. learn to live with it.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
SF isn't overrated, and they aren't rehashes they are updates. I admitt that after Super Turbo, Capcom should stop with the updates for SF2, But too many updates that eventually lead to arcade perfect ***;es is better than No arcade perfect titles for the home console which is what SNK tends to do. Not to mention that SF is one of the most innovative fighters of all time.

Sado22
SF2, Sf2 turbo, SF2 plus, SF2 champion edition, SF2 revival, SF2 hyper.....these are just off the top of my head, emp and they are the
SAME.......DAMN.......THING.
hence why i said rehash of same shit.

then came Super SF2 which was more or less the same thing with more characters. no dice. then came....oh no wait....SSF2 Turbo which was again the same damn thing only now it had specials/supers/DM"s whatever you call it (an idea taken off games like FF1 and AoF1, mind you). nothing groundbreaking either.

then came SF3 which was a great overhaul in the look department. but wait.....ryu still has 3 moves. ken still has three moves.......and something you never saw coming: a new karate gi rehash. then came SF3:gaint attack...which introduced Akuma, Yang a rehash of Yun design, Urien rehash of Gill design. i don't even want to get into 3rd strike.

and the characters:
ryu, ken, dan, sakura, akuma, sean, allen, kairi......all are shotoclones, do hadoukens and have similar moves if not identical. REHASH.

SF was innovative.....but that was long ago. they are pretty stale now....which explains why SF4 isnt coming out anytime soon while games like Tekken, and KoF are still running succesful. face the facts, emp. you know capcom not only DO NOT care about their fans but on top of all that they don't put in effort and expect us to buy their "same game new name" routine. heck they did that with Capcom VS SNK by making a "new" one called Capcom VS SNK pro. bull.

SNK only did that with KoFMI maniax, and KoF94:rebout (which was graphic overhaul not unlike SF2 revival). TWO games in the all these years.

Namco did that with Tekken5 when they released Tekken5.1.
at least T5DR has new characters, new stages and more options.

SF3:giant impact introduced one secert characters as playable, reintroduced a previous shotorehash (akuma), made a gill rehash (urien) and brought in Hugo from Final FIght series. 2 news stages...and that is it. no changes, no new features. same BS.

~Sado
P.S. Charlotte, you see what i mean now?

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Sado22
SF2, Sf2 turbo, SF2 plus, SF2 champion edition, SF2 revival, SF2 hyper.....these are just off the top of my head, emp and they are the
SAME.......DAMN.......THING.
hence why i said rehash of same shit.

Are you serious, Sado?!

They are nothing a like, which is why they have different tourney's held for them. Seriously, do you know what seperates all the versions of SF2 before Super Turbo?

then came Super SF2 which was more or less the same thing with more characters. no dice. then came....oh no wait....SSF2 Turbo which was again the same damn thing only now it had specials/supers/DM"s whatever you call it (an idea taken off games like FF1 and AoF1, mind you). nothing groundbreaking either.

laughing

-SSF2 Turbo came out on march of 1994, that is before KOF came out with the DM.

-AOF never used supers, the spirit meter regulated special moves only. There were no such thing as a "Super Combo" before SSF2T.

-Super Street Fighter was an incomplete version of Super Turbo which is why it came out so early.

-And, if super Combo's aren't ground breaking, why do all SNK games use the Capcom Super System and not the Death Move?

-Also, SF invented special moves, so I could easily say AOF copied it from their. Not to mention that FF1 and AOF 1 were terrible, which is why the later installations of the series leeched of Capcom and used the SF2 Engine.

then came SF3 which was a great overhaul in the look department. but wait.....ryu still has 3 moves. ken still has three moves.......and something you never saw coming: a new karate gi rehash. then came SF3:gaint attack...which introduced Akuma, Yang a rehash of Yun design, Urien rehash of Gill design. i don't even want to get into 3rd strike.
and the characters:
ryu, ken, dan, sakura, akuma, sean, allen, kairi......all are shotoclones, do hadoukens and have similar moves if not identical. REHASH.

VS: Clark/Ralf
Vice/Mature
Shingo/Kyo
The Kyokugen scrubs who do nothing, but leech SF moves all day and are shoto clones as well laughing

Emperor Ashtar

SF was innovative.....but that was long ago. they are pretty stale now....which explains why SF4 isnt coming out anytime soon while games like Tekken, and KoF are still running succesful.

SF4 is not popular because ,2-d fighters as a whole do not generate enough profit. If KOF was so successful they would have not gone bankrupt despite milking the KOF franchise for all it's worth.

face the facts, emp. you know capcom not only DO NOT care about their fans but on top of all that they don't put in effort and expect us to buy their "same game new name" routine. heck they did that with Capcom VS SNK by making a "new" one called Capcom VS SNK pro. bull.

Sado, just because you play fighters for graphics and story doesn't mean everybody else does. And, you act like KOF doesn't make updates to their games E.G.: The Re-Bouts

SNK only did that with KoFMI maniax, and KoF94:rebout (which was graphic overhaul not unlike SF2 revival). TWO games in the all these years.

What, your forgeting that KOF 95 was in udate to 94 since they were relativley the same, KOF neo wave, Kof Re-Bout,Kof Mainax, etc. . . Not to mention that None of their console version are arcade perfect

Namco did that with Tekken5 when they released Tekken5.1.
at least T5DR has new characters, new stages and more options.

That's because Tekken 5 sucked, they screwed up the OKI.

SF3:giantOriginally posted by Sado22
impact introduced one secert characters as playable, reintroduced a previous shotorehash (akuma), made a gill rehash (urien) and brought in Hugo from Final FIght series. 2 news stages...and that is it. no changes, no new features. same BS.

Again, play the games in question instead just looking at the graphics.

King Nothing

Look when I come around on KMC i make fun of anyone, anything and any poster I want to because me, I come to forums to have fun. I've made fun of terry at everytime it was reasonable to do so and I've made fun of ryu. heck i've made fun of Terry's engRish more than Ryu's "limpy" sexlife. that's what i like about brain...he doesn't take it personally when i make fun of him or his favorite character.
F--k YOU BRAINY!!!! GEESE SUCKS!!!!
see? big grin

so again...i don't HATE ryu. i like making fun of him, and whats more enjoyable is that comments like that always has fanboys running around and defending him. which is funnier still.
I'm here for the kicks dude. take it easy.

and I feel Ryu is overrated for reasons i've pointed out on threads. things like:
-ryu beating Kof bosses solo
-ryu taking on werewolves
-ryu being stronger than akuam
all point to him being overrated. and SF is overrated for a game that has been mroe about rehashing its own design than anything else. but that's all my opinion. learn to live with it.

~Sado -You don't just make fun of Ryu, dude. You debate against him in fights where he will obviously win. I mean you have a right to do so but doing that takes it to a level beyond making fun of him, that my friend is hate.

And you call people fanboys, when people can say the same to you and no offense but you do have some serious "fanboy" tendencies some times. Fanboy is a horrible word cuz everyone gets called a fanboy here. So either everyone is a fanboy or everyone here isn't. As long as people can defend there characters reasonably, how can they be fanboys?

-Ryu can actually solo MOST KOF bosses, you underrate the lame ass boring bastard that is Ryu.
-Remulous said that Ryu wouldn't get one shoted by Talbain but he would still lose rather easily, which is true, so how is that overration?
-No one ever said Ryu is stronger then Akuma.
Your points toward Ryu being overrated only further leads me to believe that you are in fact sippin on Hatorade.

I respect your opinion and I never get angry or have any bad blood with anyone on this forum. I just thought that I would point out the flaws in this so called "Ryu overration" literally one person on this video game forum likes old lame Ryu, that being Rem. . . what an out cast.

IMO, SF is better then KOF, in terms of graphics, feel, and gameplay. SF is alround a funner game to play then KOF and so is Fatal Fury. KOF needs to take a back seat for a while.

Sado22
only a few months ago you actually agreed with me on this one. sorry, dude, but now i'm skeptical at your remark.

....and KoF94 came out when exactly?roll eyes (sarcastic)
again AoF1 and AoF2, FF2 had the concept of "a special move that takes a chunk of the opponent's life" TWO YEARS before SSF2T. what are you even trying to argue, emperor. I can't make it simpler now.

AoF1 and Aof2 had the spirit meter which upon being full when the players life was in danger meant that a hidden super combo could be unleashed...............capcom becomes "innovative" by having a superbar. please. again AoF1 and FF2 do that TWO years before SF.

...sorry but don't see your point.

the deathmove idea came first.....so it is what is truly innovative, emperor. And all of SNK games? not really. all the fatal furies and the Art of fighting games didn't use that idea till later. also KoF has the "charging" system which is their own idea. you can charge your gauge and do specials......and continously do it when your life is red. that thing remained in KoF universe from KoF94 all the way till KoF98. so...no dice emperor.

it doesn't matter if they were terrible or not. i never denied that SF invented special moves. i am however denying that the concept of "a huge move that does bigtime damage" is theirs....as it is clearly an idea that SNK came up with. sugar coat it all you want but its a fact and i want you to acknowledge it. you can talk all night of specail gauges and spirit gauges...fact of the matter is: SNK came up with the idea and Capcom borrowed it and modified it somewhat. the IDEA was SNK's.

it seems to me that you have a problem admitting that people have their own point of views. you think he "obviously" wins in fights that i dont see him winning. someone tells me he beats Jin and I pointed out almost 10 reasons why he wont. you tell me he can solo the entire cast of KoF and i can sit down and give your reasons as to why not till your grandson graudates. THAT my friend is opinion...not hate. and before you start, I've said Ryu wins in many threads and I've said Terry loses in many threads too. all it boils down to, is opinions.

when someone tells me crap like "Ryu will beat akuma" or "Ryu will win against the entire cast of KoF" his reputation as a fanboy is already established. if i come up there and say Terry is beating a chick who can shoot beams of ki and take down a battalion of fighter aircrafts with ninpo or whatever, feel free to call me a fanboy. but fact of the matter is you wont hear the crap from my mouth. also if i say "hahahahaha, terry pwns x, because her game sucks", feel free to call me a fanboy too. but if i tell you that Jin will beat down Ryu....i will give you reasons.
you are free to point out where i've NOT given reasons and if what you say is true you'll have me apologize.

your opinion and i can respect it. but why i don't see this happening now or ever is simple:
-ryu lost to Ken who is a tier below him.
-ryu cannot even beat Sagat who is on the same tier as him or a little better
-ryu can't KO Hugo who despite everyting is only a midtier character

what it boils down to is this:
-if ryu can't beat someone weaker than him (ken) how in the world is he going to defeat, say, Terry who was able to defeat people like Krauser, Geese and Nightmare Geese and hold his own against people like Iori, Kyo, Ryo, etc.
-if ryu can't beat Sagat, how is he beating someone like Iori who is stronger than Goenitz (who was the boss character of KoF96 and with a glimpse of his power turned the whole city to rubble).
-if ryu can't KO a human being (and i don't care how much lard Hugo has on him...he's still human) how is he going to KO demigods and gods like Igniz, Orochi, Goenitz, Orochi new Face team and advanced humanbeings who do screen filling supers by just clenching their fists (Zero).

No...remulus said Ryu will hold his own against a werewolf from a series which has its powerlevels so high the characters of KoF and SF will break their backs just trying to see it.

correction: remulus again and even darko if memory serves me correct. people like TP and Shinremy insist that they hate ryu, and yet claim that Tekken characters are not even in the same ballpark and say that Ryu will solo hte entire cast....kinda like you regarding what you said about ryu and the kof cast.

and yet almost everyone in this forum seems to think that Ryu can curbstomp almost anyone from the KoF series, Tekken series......in fact you yourself claimed that Ryu can solo the KoF roaster. i rest my case. Look i respect your opinon too and if you feel ryu can pwn the entire cast of KoF then fine...but don't expect me to sit there cuz i will argue that point with you.

i can repsect that.

~Sado

Sado22
oh and you might want to see this emperor:
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
only a few months ago you actually agreed with me on this one. sorry, dude, but now i'm skeptical at your remark.

I don't remember ever agreeing with a comment like that my friend. You mind quoting because the different updates of SF2 are very different. After Super Turbo is an exception.

....and KoF94 came out when exactly?roll eyes (sarcastic)
again AoF1 and AoF2, FF2 had the concept of "a special move that takes a chunk of the opponent's life" TWO YEARS before SSF2T. what are you even trying to argue, emperor. I can't make it simpler now.

Sado, KOF 94 came out on August 25, 1994 while Super Turbo came out on march of 1994. And, Special moves were first implemented in SF so I could easily say AOF copied the idea from Capcom. Also, Spirit meter is not a Super Combo there were no supers in AOF what so ever. The Spirit Meter regulated specials moves only. There was no such thing as a Super Combo until ST.

AoF1 and Aof2 had the spirit meter which upon being full when the players life was in danger meant that a hidden super combo could be unleashed...............capcom becomes "innovative" by having a superbar. please. again AoF1 and FF2 do that TWO years before SF.

And, Again Spirit Meter is not Super Combo since no such thing exsisted. The only Similarity between said concepts are the fact that they have bars. Also, the Super Combo came out before the Death Move. Not to mention that SNK does not use DM anymore, they use Super Combo.

...sorry but don't see your point.

It was a reply to your comment about Super SF and Super Turbo being the same.

the deathmove idea came first.....so it is what is truly innovative, emperor. And all of SNK games?

Nope, Death Move came in August of 94 while Super Combo came out in March of 94.

not really. all the fatal furies and the Art of fighting games didn't use that idea till later. also KoF has the "charging" system which is their own idea.

If your talking about Stocks Supers, Vampire/Dark Stalkers was the one that implemented that in July of 94. The only difference is that Vampire used numbers to indicate Stocks versus KOF which uses dots to indicate said stocks.

it doesn't matter if they were terrible or not. i never denied that SF invented special moves. i am however denying that the concept of "a huge move that does bigtime damage" is theirs

What, everything did big tme damage back in the day. The main characteristic of a Super Combo is:

-Your Invincible when you perform it
-It's not a Special Move
-You can only perform it when your bar is full

VS the Spirit Meter

-Special moves Regulated by Bar
-Strength of move depends on Bar
-No Invincible Frames
-No Super Combo

No Dice, Sado

That's like me saying Vega's Barceleno Drop is a mimic of 3 on 3 line up because they both have back ground interactions. Your simply nitpicking one point I.E. Bar Regulated attacks and claiming Capcom copied.

Emperor Ashtar
I concede the point, AOF did have a what's known as a "Super Deathmove", but Supers in a mordern context owe it to capcom. I also still stand by my poin that SF is one of the most innovative fighters.

Also, As I said earlier the concept for Stocking Supers was not created by KOF.

EDIT: BTW, Supers weren't a standard until Super Turbo came out. They were only a bonus in AOF.

King Nothing
it seems to me that you have a problem admitting that people have their own point of views. you think he "obviously" wins in fights that i dont see him winning. someone tells me he beats Jin and I pointed out almost 10 reasons why he wont. you tell me he can solo the entire cast of KoF and i can sit down and give your reasons as to why not till your grandson graudates. THAT my friend is opinion...not hate. and before you start, I've said Ryu wins in many threads and I've said Terry loses in many threads too. all it boils down to, is opinions. I don't have any problems. The reasons you give that Ryu loses in many battles are kind of inadequate and don't really change the battle.

EXAMPLE:
Jin can can wreck a forest, but Ryu is stronger then Alpha 2 Gouki, who can sink an island.

No one ever said he can solo the KOF cast. When you start to make false accusations just so you can talk about a character, is a sign of hate, Sado. You said Ryu has won 3 times out of dozens of battles. Ryu losing to Kyo and Iori, c'mon Sado.

when someone tells me crap like "Ryu will beat akuma" or "Ryu will win against the entire cast of KoF" his reputation as a fanboy is already established. if i come up there and say Terry is beating a chick who can shoot beams of ki and take down a battalion of fighter aircrafts with ninpo or whatever, feel free to call me a fanboy. but fact of the matter is you wont hear the crap from my mouth. also if i say "hahahahaha, terry pwns x, because her game sucks", feel free to call me a fanboy too. but if i tell you that Jin will beat down Ryu....i will give you reasons.
you are free to point out where i've NOT given reasons and if what you say is true you'll have me apologize. No one ever said Ryu will beat Gouki or take the cast of KOF, who said that? You said Jinpachi and Jin can destroy the world, serious fanboy symptoms, far worse then what was stated in the Terry VS Ayane thread, but I wont call you a fanboy. Jin beating Ryu is your opinion and that's cool.

your opinion and i can respect it. but why i don't see this happening now or ever is simple:
-ryu lost to Ken who is a tier below him.
-ryu cannot even beat Sagat who is on the same tier as him or a little better
-ryu can't KO Hugo who despite everyting is only a midtier character-Ken is not a tier below Ryu, I see you go by the erroneous Tiamat. Ryu and Ken are on the same levels, Ryu is just a bit better. And Ken will do a fine job of soloing some KOF bosses him self. You grossly underrate SF.
-That doesn't make since Sado, he can't beat Sagat because Sagat is better. Sagat can solo many KOF bosses better then Ryu or Ken can.
-Hugo aint midteir and his durability level is top tier, what is up with this whole tier thing, that really shouldn't be used.

what it boils down to is this:
-if ryu can't beat someone weaker than him (ken) how in the world is he going to defeat, say, Terry who was able to defeat people like Krauser, Geese and Nightmare Geese and hold his own against people like Iori, Kyo, Ryo, etc.
-if ryu can't beat Sagat, how is he beating someone like Iori who is stronger than Goenitz (who was the boss character of KoF96 and with a glimpse of his power turned the whole city to rubble).
-if ryu can't KO a human being (and i don't care how much lard Hugo has on him...he's still human) how is he going to KO demigods and gods like Igniz, Orochi, Goenitz, Orochi new Face team and advanced humanbeings who do screen filling supers by just clenching their fists (Zero).-You're not making since Sado, Ken beat Ryu because at the time, Ken was better, and Ken in all honesty is better then 85% of the KOF. And Ryu won the last battle, so you keep bringing this up give hints at hate activities.
-Iori can't beat Sagat, Iori isn't stronger then Goenitz, and Goenitz didn't destroy a city with a glimpse of his power.
-That human being is far more durable then those demigods who were killed by normal humans and characters who have screen filling supers got beat by characters who don't. This is what I mean, the reasons you give aren't really good because they have far too many flaws. You have a serious problem with this: just because a person is not human does not make them automatically stronger, it doesn't work that way Sado.

No...remulus said Ryu will hold his own against a werewolf from a series which has its powerlevels so high the characters of KoF and SF will break their backs just trying to see it.He didn't mean that and he has stated that several times. Now your ignoring facts so that you can talk down on a character and the supporter, that's more hate then it is opinion.

correction: remulus again and even darko if memory serves me correct. people like TP and Shinremy insist that they hate ryu, and yet claim that Tekken characters are not even in the same ballpark and say that Ryu will solo hte entire cast....kinda like you regarding what you said about ryu and the kof cast. You got it all misconstrued Sado, I didn't say he could solo the KOF bosses all at once, I mean, he can beat most KOF bosses in a 1 on 1. And frankly, Ryu can take anybody in Tekken in 1 on 1, he MIGHT only lose to Jinpachi.

and yet almost everyone in this forum seems to think that Ryu can curbstomp almost anyone from the KoF series, Tekken series......in fact you yourself claimed that Ryu can solo the KoF roaster. i rest my case. Look i respect your opinon too and if you feel ryu can pwn the entire cast of KoF then fine...but don't expect me to sit there cuz i will argue that point with you. No one has ever said that, yet more false accusations. Once again, I did not say he can take out all of KOF at once, I said he can beat MOST KOF bosses in a 1 on 1, not all at the same time, no one has ever said he can take out the entire cast by himself. When you read things you seem to take them to a whole nother level every one knows Ryu can't solo any fighting game cast.

Sado22
just so that we understand eachother, by "specials" i mean the big moves like power geyser or haoshikken or shinkuu hadouken...not the regular moves like haoduken or powerwave. its kind of a thing where I live. we either say specials or powers. lost in translation i guess huh?

so we understand eachother. good. also notice that AoF itslelf introduced the long remained feature of SNK games where you could "charge up" your power and unleash the super deathmove. that became an SNK staple like i said...going so far as KoF98. KoF had the charging system for the power gauge and upon being full you could unleash the huge ass move thingy/specails/supers/DM's whatever (the shinkuuhadouken things). so again, SNK remains innovative with it since not only did the implement their own style...but invented the concept itself.
by the way, i will wholeheartedly agree that SF is the most innovative fighter since all the games today are here because of SF. never doubted that either. it started it all. the only problem i have is the lack of effort put into sustaining this "innovation". we understand each other?

they had the similar appearance in KoF94-KoF98. they changed that later on since KoF99. also their moves set is TOTALLY different. Clark is NOTHING like Ralf. also their DM's are a world apart.

true as far as the sprites go. similar color scheme and different hair. however, again the moveset is unique to each of them. vice is a grappler and powerbased while Mature is the faster, combo oreinted.

Shingo and Kyo are similar in sprites again and the older Kyo and he had the similar color scheme. KoF99....and its a new ballpark. not to mention Shingo only has Kyo's OLDER moves and that too only a variation of them. not to mention the fact that shingo doesn't even have Kyo's chain moves. no dice emp.

~Sado
P.S. i'm surprised how many people are using the expression "no dice" on KMC now. i should sue you all! smokin'

Emperor Ashtar
just so that we understand eachother, by "specials" i mean the big moves like power geyser or haoshikken or shinkuu hadouken...not the regular moves like haoduken or powerwave. its kind of a thing where I live. we either say specials or powers. lost in translation i guess huh?
Yeah, I'm aware of that. Sado. (:

so again, SNK remains innovative with it since not only did the implement their own style...but invented the concept itself.
by the way, i will wholeheartedly agree that SF is the most innovative fighter since all the games today are here because of SF. never doubted that either. it started it all. the only problem i have is the lack of effort put into sustaining this "innovation". we understand each other?
This is where I disaree, SF has implemented so many concepts since the series started all the way up till the last SF.

Here are some of their implaments:

-Supers of varying Strength Via Alpha
-Custom Combo's
-2 in 1's
-High & Low Blocks
-Blovking how it's done in general
-Standardized Super Combo's in general
-Team Battle (SF:CE came out with for the Sega/Megadrive it in 93')
-

they had the similar appearance in KoF94-KoF98. they changed that later on since KoF99. also their moves set is TOTALLY different. Clark is NOTHING like Ralf. also their DM's are a world apart.

true as far as the sprites go. similar color scheme and different hair. however, again the moveset is unique to each of them. vice is a grappler and powerbased while Mature is the faster, combo oreinted.

Shingo and Kyo are similar in sprites again and the older Kyo and he had the similar color scheme. KoF99....and its a new ballpark. not to mention Shingo only has Kyo's OLDER moves and that too only a variation of them. not to mention the fact that shingo doesn't even have Kyo's chain moves. no dice emp.

Your missing the point Sado, Ralf/Clark were head swaps when first came on the scene. They had the exact same moves except for two: J.RH and DM. They only became different later on, the same applies for everyone else I named. Sure, they play different now, but they were in the same department as the shoto's when they first came out. Also, Sh

~Sado
P.S. i'm surprised how many people are using the expression "no dice" on KMC now. i should sue you all! smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.