Captain America vs 300 Spartans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
who takes it?

Spartans got their shields, spears, swords and helmets and Capt has his vibranium/steel shield.

the fights in an open field in Greece.

Scoobless
Who cares ... they're all dead now anyway.

stick out tongue

Cap would lose

roughrider
I think Cap might knock unconscious about 1/3 of them, before he'd go down in a hail of spear thrusts.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Scoobless
Who cares ... they're all dead now anyway.

stick out tongue

ermm so is cap stick out tongue

Loot
300 is too much, cap goes down

braz
Agreed. I just wanted to make this because I remember srank saying that Capt would easily pwn them all in a hunch. no expression

Bentley
Cap dies as he already did.

spetznaz
As the Soviets used to say, quantity has a quality of its own!

Cap is more than a match for any one of them.
He is more than a match for any 5 of them.
He is even more than a match for 20 of them (arguably).

However that must be near the max (unless he has tactical battlefield advantage). While he is the superior fighter (by far), the Spartans are also not that bad. They are good enough to the point where their numbers would simply overwhelm him ....and quickly.

Look at it as attrition ....sooner or later one spear would get through, then another, then another, and Cap would be systematically broken down until one of the Spartans performs a death strike.

It is similar to what happened in WW2 between the German Panzer divisions and the Russian tanks.
The German Tiger was the 'best' tank of the war, and it could kill any other tank operating at the time.
However the Russian T-34 was the best tank of the war (without commas i.e 'best') because the Russians could mass produce the darn thing. Now, the T-34 was crude, it was ugly, and it wasn't the most comfortable thing around. However it worked, and there were many of them. Many.

The German tank divisions were simply overwhelmed. It doesn't matter if you can kill 7 tanks if 8 are coming after you.

Cap goes down. And he goes down quick (for another comparison look at nature films that shows what happens when a lion faces off against a hyena. One on one it is not a match. One on two it is still too easy for the lion to win. One on three it is still to the lion's favor. However beyond that ratio things start to RAPIDLY go to the hyena's favor. All it takes is one nip by the hyena - whcih has the strongest jaws of any land animal - and the lion's fighting ability is severely degraded. Then another bite or two and the lion's ability to fight is negated. Then a quick and brutal death ensues).

Cap loses ....10/10.

Alfheim
I dunno Cap has fought whole armies before....hasnt he?

braz
Originally posted by Alfheim
I dunno Cap has fought whole armies before....hasnt he?

Idunno about whole armies, but yeah, large groups of guys armed with guns is all I've seen.

Galan007
Bah,

There were 301 Spartans.

Leonidas + the 300 additional troops he took to battle the Persians = 301 Spartans.

Alfheim
Originally posted by braz
Idunno about whole armies, but yeah, large groups of guys armed with guns is all I've seen.

Yeah so potentially they were more dangerous. Its not like Nazi soldiers arent strong either.

guy222
who takes it?

Spartans got their shields, spears, swords and helmets and Capt has his vibranium/steel shield.

the fights in an open field in Greece.

cap goes down

LORDSIDIOUS01
Cap dies again

Redatom65
these 300 threads are beyond absurd, i mean really. Spite

braz
embarrasment (hopes you don't look at my other 300 thread)

*slaps forehead*

doh!

doh

don't shiv
One Spartan holds down the Shield

One spartan serves Cap

298 Spartans place bets.

50 spartans who bet on Cap lose.

1 Spartan digs a grave

300 Spartans March On

braz
Originally posted by Redatom65

I wouldnt say its spite. I think you're underestimating Capt here. as said before, he's taken down armies of guys armed with guns which would wipe out the 300. Not to mention, Capt can throw his shield and wipe out a whole bunch of them pretty quickly before they even get to him to engage in melee/h2h combat. I'd say if Capt was lucky, he could take down maybe 100 Spartans.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Redatom65

True.

Any character who can suffer from attritive damage, no matter how good he/she may be (e.g. Captain America, Batman, Batgirl, Shiva etc) will always go down when facing vast numbers. And 300 trained combatants IS a large number.
Sooner or later something will get through, and every cut/stab/slash will degrade the character's performance.

Now, if the soldiers were to come one after the other then the character could have a chance of winning (since one on one, or even one on ten, those characters are far superior than the Spartans).

However an en masse attack will mean combat attrition will take place (or even a lucky hit that kills the character outright).

Anyways, someone like Cap or Batman versus 300 Spartans in a melee battle without any sort of advantage is going to lose. Always. The way such a fight is structured is totally to the Spartans favor.

Someone like Wolverine on the other hand is different. He would not suffer attritive damage due to his healing factor, and thus would have a chance that Cap/Shiva/etc wouldn't have.

Then you have true supers ....eg the guy in your sig (Mr. Majestic). He could kill 3 billion Spartans in less than a minute, and as easily as he could kill 300 of them.

Cap dies.

Condor
People forget that probably all of these guys were like the Caps of their day, all they did was train for battle. Fancy or not, they knew how to kill.

I'd say even 10 would give him a good run.

braz
Originally posted by Condor
People forget that probably all of these guys were like the Caps of their day, all they did was train for battle. Fancy or not, they knew how to kill.

I'd say even 10 would give him a good run.

Yeah I know, Im not underestimating the Spartans or saying they suck or theyre pawns because they arent, theyre freakin amazing, Im just going by feats Ive seen from the Cap before.

Condor
Yeah I know, Im not underestimating the Spartans or saying they suck or theyre pawns because they arent, theyre freakin amazing, Im just going by feats Ive seen from the Cap before.

Yeah I would say 300 spartans vs the million persians or whatever it truly was has to rank right up there with what cap has done. I'm a cap fan too.

srankmissingnin
With their tight quarters positioning... one shield throw would bowl the Spartans over and incapacitate half of them. Not like he needs it though Cap could wade into them and one shot all of them.

don't shiv
One Spartan = Bloodlusted Connor Hawke

300 Spartans = 100 Captain America's

300 spartans = 400 Deadpools

1 Batman = 2.5 Spartans

There are 3 types of Spartan

the civillian, heavily trained from birth
the soldier in The Kings Army who is even more heavily trained his life is nothing but war procreation and training
the Royal Guard these are the 300 Spartans. And each is worth 3000 men in H2H Combat

roughrider
Cap is also held back by his code of not killing. He'd try harder to just disable them, before becoming bloddlusted enough to kill.
Now, Ultimate Cap would be swinging that shield to decapitate eek! and he'd definitely be lethal off the top. Not saying he'd actually win, but he'd get further than 616 Cap.

Soljer
Meh, Cap would be one shotting them left and right...

And he's taken on hundreds of ARMED men before...shifty.

Honestly, though? He'd take out a ton, but would eventually be overwhelmed. Likely from the Spartans using longer range weapons while Cap's mobility is compromised in close quarters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.