Marvel Characters Granted One of Superman's Abilities Battle Royale!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
The following Marvel characters have each been granted one of Superman's abilities. In a battle royale, who would be the last one standing?

Spiderman with Superman's Vision Powers (x-ray, heat, telescopic, infra-red, and microscopic vision)
Wolverine with Superman's Flight Ability
Hulk with Superman's Speed
Captain America with Superman's Strength
Storm with Superman's Durability
Mr. Fantastic with Superman's Super-breath

Soljer
Spiderman could solo Wolverine, the Hulk, Captain America, and Mr. Fantastic on his own.

I doubt Superman's heat vision could surpass his own durability, though....

No one here could really hurt Storm except for Captain America, and he wouldn't be able to reach her due to her flight capabilities.

This is a good fight, though! Really takes a little thought.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Soljer

I doubt Superman's heat vision could surpass his own durability, though....

good point...assume that each character can handle their newly granted powers.

carver9
Storm wins this. She is already extremely powerful but making her invulverable a power that she dont need because she is so powerful would make her almost unstoppable. Storm wins this. Conjure up about 20 tornadoes and whoever get sucked in taste a lightning bolt or she could just freeze them to death.

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce
good point...assume that each character can handle their newly granted powers.

I meant that I doubt Superman's heat vision would get past Superman's durability - meaning Storm's new durability.

But yeah, that is good too.....someone with Superman's strength, but without Superman's durability would crack their arm if they punched.

Similarly with heat vision, speed, etc.

Also, for Wolverine, does he get Superman's flight ability, AND Superman's flight speed? If not the speed, how fast can he fly?

Symmetric Chaos
I would give this to Hulk.

With speeed like Superman's and Hulk's strength and durability powers there isn't much they could do to him.

Storm is the only major problem since he'll have a harder time getting to her but a couple of boulders moving at supersonic speeds should knock her out of the air and then he can throw her into the sun for a BFR.

masterbruce
I meant that I doubt Superman's heat vision would get past Superman's durability - meaning Storm's new durability.

But yeah, that is good too.....someone with Superman's strength, but without Superman's durability would crack their arm if they punched.

Similarly with heat vision, speed, etc.

Also, for Wolverine, does he get Superman's flight ability, AND Superman's flight speed? If not the speed, how fast can he fly?

he DOES get the flight speed, but his arms, legs etc would move at normal speed...as would his reaction and thought speed.

masterbruce
also, with Cap's newly found strength, that shield toss would be more deadly than ever.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I would give this to Hulk.

With speeed like Superman's and Hulk's strength and durability powers there isn't much they could do to him.

Storm is the only major problem since he'll have a harder time getting to her but a couple of boulders moving at supersonic speeds should knock her out of the air and then he can throw her into the sun for a BFR.

Hulk's durability?

Spidey one-shots him.

Despero >>> Hulk. no expression.

Superherovandal
Hulk. None of the others could touch him. and Storm may have Supes invulnerability but i doubt even it could handle Hulk's strength hitting it with Supes speed.

Symmetric Chaos
Hulk's durability?

Spidey one-shots him.

Despero >>> Hulk. no expression.

lol no expression

But really. Speed negates basicly everyone elses powers and even if they do get a hit Hulk has durability, HF and he can hit back with his strength (and do that faster than they can see).

Soljer
also, with Cap's newly found strength, that shield toss would be more deadly than ever.

True. With Cap's skill and Superman's strength, the shield may be able to bypass Storm's Superman durability...erm.

If that's the case, then Spidey would likely win.

But seriously...this is one of the reasons the 'maximum combatant' rule was put in place.

There are too many variables, too many VERY high powered characters in the thread...eek!.

Soljer
lol no expression

But really. Speed negates basicly everyone elses powers and even if they do get a hit Hulk has durability, HF and he can hit back with his strength (and do that faster than they can see).

The Hulk has superman's speed, but not his training nor his intelligence. He wouldn't use it very efficiently.

It's easy for Cap to use strength tactically - punch someone.

It's easy for Spidey to use vision tactically - blast someone.

It's quite hard for the Hulk to use faster than light speed tactically - he'd likely BFR himself before he even realized it.

Symmetric Chaos
edit

masterbruce
lol no expression

yeah, but I don't see what he could do to Mr. Fantastic.

His Airness
Hulk is no longer stupid, he may be able to utilize Superman's speed to take the majority.

Symmetric Chaos
yeah, but I don't see what he could do to Mr. Fantastic.

Grab.

Tie into knot.

Throw at sun.

Game over.

SpunkySmurph
Current Hulk is actually quite tactically smart. He could take this. Smack the others around, and then , once he's mad enough, take Storm out.

TricksterPriest
When you say Storm has durability, do you mean the bio-field, or the density?

His Airness
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Current Hulk is actually quite tactically smart. He could take this. Smack the others around, and then , once he's mad enough, take Storm out.

My sentiments exactly.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

He's more intelligent, sure, but that doesn't mean he would be able to efficiently use the Superspeed granted to him by Superman.

He'd try to rush one of the characters, and would end up on the other side of the Galaxy. no expression.

Self bfr = auto lose. no expression.

Symmetric Chaos
He's more intelligent, sure, but that doesn't mean he would be able to efficiently use the Superspeed granted to him by Superman.

He'd try to rush one of the characters, and would end up on the other side of the Galaxy. no expression.

Self bfr = auto lose. no expression.

assume that each character can handle their newly granted powers.

masterbruce

He can't fly.

Soljer
He can't fly.

Neither can the Flash, but when you're going faster than light, it's easy to break the pull of gravity.

Also, to Sym, that was in response to Spiderman vaporizing himself with his own heat vision, Captain America destroying his body with a Super Strength punch, or the Hulk peeling off his own skin with super speed. I didn't think that meant that they had full working knowledge of their abilities....

masterbruce
Neither can the Flash, but when you're going faster than light, it's easy to break the pull of gravity.

Also, to Sym, that was in response to Spiderman vaporizing himself with his own heat vision, Captain America destroying his body with a Super Strength punch, or the Hulk peeling off his own skin with super speed. I didn't think that meant that they had full working knowledge of their abilities....

to answer that point, my intention was for the characters to know how to use their powers adequately.

Bouboumaster
Hulk win.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
When you say Storm has durability, do you mean the bio-field, or the density?

masterbruce
biofield.

Superboy Prime
Hulk.

Apolloknight
Hulk, quite easily I might add.........

None of these guys have anything close of what it takes to even perceive Hulks multiple light speed attacks. Coupled with his ever increasing class 100 strength.

And it doesn't matter if anyone can fly, Hulk can jump into orbit, and across continents. Thus if they try to fly away, Hulk light-speed jumps, catching their ass in mid flight, coming down with a light-speed back-breaker that would make even the like of Guile from Street fighter 2 wet his pants.

Superboy Prime
My reasoning for Hulk winning is simple.

Getting Superman's speed along with his original powerset makes him become the closest to Superman's level among the others.

Vast Superhuman strength, durability, healing factor + FTL speed = scary, as in almost Superman like scary.

TricksterPriest
Assuming Captain America doesn't decapitate him with his shield, I can see Hulk winning. With all his powers to begin with, combined with FTL speed, he can probably take all of them. FTL Thunderclap...... wink

Apolloknight
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Assuming Captain America doesn't decapitate him with his shield, I can see Hulk winning. With all his powers to begin with, combined with FTL speed, he can probably take all of them. FTL Thunderclap...... wink

Assuming cap doest do that....

Caps cant perceive light speed, his new superhuman strength, still isn't going to let him perceive light speed.

There should be no assuming.

Soljer
Gotta agree with the masses. Assuming the Hulk knows exactly how to use his speed as well as Superman does....he'll take this.

Spidey could still one-shot him, though. stick out tongue.

EDIT: Also, laughing laughing at the thought of a faster than light thunder clap. It'd only start faster than light - it'd still travel at the speed of sound....

Kind of pointless, no?

TricksterPriest
laughing Ok, you got me there. embarrasment But it was worth saying out loud.

the reason I mentioned Cap, is that because that is the only thing that I can see outright killing Hulk. But if he controls his speed and blitzes well, he should win this.

capt it up
how fast can wolverine fly lol...........

masterbruce
Originally posted by capt it up
how fast can wolverine fly lol...........

he can fly as fast as Superman can, but remember, he doesn't have Superman's reflexes, so he if he flies TOO fast, he might end up on another planet

capt it up
he can fly as fast as Superman can, but remember, he doesn't have Superman's reflexes, so he if he flies TOO fast, he might end up on another planet

true though hmmm.

spidermans powers are dangerous however either wolverine or hulk could kill him before he could fire a shot.....

capt screwed and would go down to storm.......

now hulk in ability to fly makes it quite easy for storm to beat him.

Wolverine however can fly so he can win if he plays it smart assuming that his claws can cut storm that is.

Symmetric Chaos
EDIT: Also, laughing laughing at the thought of a faster than light thunder clap. It'd only start faster than light - it'd still travel at the speed of sound....

Kind of pointless, no?

confused The shock wave would be enough to take out a city.

Plus who there is going to outrace sound?

capt it up
wolverine since he can fly at the speed that superman can...........

masterbruce

Wolverine would also heal pretty quick from a shockwave...it certainly won't take him out

Symmetric Chaos

True.

BTW I'm going to save this and use it out of context later on evil face

capt it up
True.

BTW I'm going to save this and use it out of context later on evil face
lol every one does that. I actaully had some one once post a whole comment of mine and it was what i said, but he took pieces of different posts of mine so it sound rediculous lol.

capt it up
Wolverine would also heal pretty quick from a shockwave...it certainly won't take him out
true it bee rather in effective

Symmetric Chaos
true it bee rather in effective

Well it would probably be good for a KO via liquification.

capt it up
Well it would probably be good for a KO via liquification.
not really. thunder clab would be just as powerful as normal and logan has taken them with little effect. The real danger of thunder claps are what they do to ones ears.

masterbruce
not really. thunder clab would be just as powerful as normal and logan has taken them with little effect. The real danger of thunder claps are what they do to ones ears.

I actually think Wolverine can take out Hulk. While Hulk has super speed, he doesn't have super senses, so if Wolverine flew from behind Hulk at sonic speed, he could cut off Hulk's head before Hulk even knew what hit him.

Symmetric Chaos

The force would actually be incredible. The volume of air would be far greater than normal (in fact a lightspeed thunderclap would do more damage than a nuke in some ways).

capt it up
speed has nothing to do with the thunder claps power it the strength of the being doing it. By increasing the speed of the clap you would not actaully increase the power of it.

Soljer

Hulk speedblitzes everyone...no one else here even has a chance.

capt it up

false your actaully forgetting that wolverien has supermans flying speed. Logan reflexes are also superior to hulk meaning if any one was going to get the first attack off it be him plus the whole flying advantage

Soljer
false your actaully forgetting that wolverien has supermans flying speed. Logan reflexes are also superior to hulk meaning if any one was going to get the first attack off it be him plus the whole flying advantage

Read the thread, idiot. The Hulk was granted complete use of Superman's speed. He has the reflexes to go along with it.

Meaning, he speedblitzes everyone.

/thread

Superboy Prime

capt it up
Read the thread, idiot. The Hulk was granted complete use of Superman's speed. He has the reflexes to go along with it.

Meaning, he speedblitzes everyone.

/thread
hey there no need to call me an idiot. I thought speed ment movement speed it an easy mistake there no need for name calling.

then hulk wins .

Soljer
hey there no need to call me an idiot. I thought speed ment movement speed it an easy mistake there no need for name calling.

then hulk wins .

Sorry, I just get frustrated when people come in on the second page, without bothering to read a single page of replies. It had already been addressed that the Hulk can use his speed as adequately as Superman does.

capt it up
Sorry, I just get frustrated when people come in on the second page, without bothering to read a single page of replies. It had already been addressed that the Hulk can use his speed as adequately as Superman does.

I know how you feel I do as well. I read over the posts, but I must have missed it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.