Revan/Bane/Malak vs. Nihilus/Sidious/Traya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Post-KOTOR Revan
Orbelisk Bane
Regular Malak

vs.

KOTOR 2 Nihilus....
ROTJ Palpatine
KOTOR 2 Traya

All-out fight in the Yavin IV Jedi Temple. (Kun's spirit is gone)

Who takes it?

Darth Sexy
Sidious is the most powerful one here, followed by Revan, yet Sidious' team has Nihilus as second best, so Sidious' team wins.

vader11
Team 2.

Riverollv
Put Sion instead of Sidious. It's kinda one-sided if he's on the fight.

Nikkolas
eH...Sion isn't really all that special. Outside of his immortality, he's got nothing.

Dooku wouldn't be high enough to fight Bane.

So...what are we left with?

Riverollv
Maybe Qel-Droma or Maul

Nikkolas
Uh...if Dooku couldn't do it, then how could Maul? smile

vader11
No way Maul...

vader11
Originally posted by Nikkolas
eH...Sion isn't really all that special. Outside of his immortality, he's got nothing.

Dooku wouldn't be high enough to fight Bane.

So...what are we left with? Yodastick out tongue

Nikkolas
Okie dokie.

Yoda it is.

Riverollv
If you choose Yoda, it's still one sided. They were equals in ROTS, they're saber skills and Force abilities are very close to each other.

Nikkolas
This is ROTJ Palpatine.

Or...was....

What if I make it ROTJ Yoda? lol

vader11
Yoda was dead lol

Nikkolas
Yoda: Powerful opponents these are... *cough cough cough* Fight them with all our strength, we must.

*everyone draws theri lightsaber*

Yoda: *cough cough cough - Falls over dead*

Nihilus: *noises*
Traya: Aw nah, this is bullshiiiiiiiiii-!

Tangible God
Nihilus uses his God powers of drainage to administer uber pwnage.

Nikkolas
Traya: Aw naw, this is bulshiiiiii-!
Traya: I don't care if he's several centuries old. He's our partner and we kinda need him in this fight right now.
Traya: What do you mean "I still have you?" You're the motherf***er who threw me into a wall and had that loser Sion pound the hell out of me.
Traya: What/ How did he "make you do it?"
Traya: Photos of...damn, I didn't even know you could do that with a lightsaber handle.

Revan: So..are they gonna fight us?
Bane: Did I ever tell you that I am liek your BIGGEST FAN!!
Malak: i could have beaten you, ya know.

Anyway, what has Bane actually done?

Tangible God
Been declared the best Black Sith.

Can't think of anything else combat-wise.

Count Makashi
Team 2 wins, everyone from team 2 is better then Malak(and team 1), with ROTJ Sidious they win with some difficulty.

And Dooku wouldn't be high enough to fight Bane, Lie Bane is leagues above him right, wrong.

Apollo Cloud
Forcewise, aside from pulling a moon out of orbit, he's done loads. For instance, after just one hour of having learnt how to summon force lightning, he was already able to create miniature storms of said technique, and had pretty much mastered it right away. This was about midway through his training at the BoD, where he's lightyears away from how powerful he becomes in Bane of the Sith, so given how far away he was from how powerful he becomes in BotS, and the fact that he'd only just learned the technique, it's likely he could replicate the feat at full power to a much higher level.

At the end of a long and tiring duel against Kas'im (the greatest swordsman of his age), without even focusing properly, he was able to release an entire wave of darkside energy (most of which hit Kas'im) that was able to collapse an entire 20 story temple near instantaneously. Bane, at this point, is again, far from how powerful he becomes in BotS, which makes it all the more impressive.

He was also able to tool one of the most powerful members of the BoD, Quordis, like he was a child. Members here love to pretend that the BoD wasn't a very special order, and that everyone in it was weak, but that's simply not true, and Quordis himself was extremely impressive. For instance, as you know, most force users who become force spirits are pretty much powerless, yet Quordis, in this state was able to crash Bane's ship. Yet Bane, without even trying, was able to choke him to death like it was nothing. And again, at this point, Bane's still a relative pipsqueak compared to how he is by BotS.

Shortly before the end of PoD, Bane set up a ritual where he gathered all the Dark lords of the Sith, and basically summoned up all of their combined power, controlled it, and directed it. The level of power was pretty insane, strong enough to destroy the entire planet Ruusan yet Bane was still able to control and direct the power, which speaks volumes for his force strength and mastery by this point. And again, Bane's still far from as strong as he becomes in BotS.

You'll notice that I kept on repeating the fact that Bane, during each of those feats, was still nowhere near as powerful as he becomes by BotS, and the thing is, it's entirely true. He literally increases in power tenfold during BotS alone (you've watched the DB series right? Think of how much more powerful Goku gets to before arriving at Namek and fighting the Ginyu - the period where he was trainign at 100X Earth's gravity), after studying from a holocron found in Nadd's tomb, and obtaining the orbalisk armor, which constantly pumped Bane up with darkside energies (which theoretically would give him an infinite supply of force energy to use, based on whether he stored the energy being released). By BotS, Bane's definitely up there, he's just the most hated character at this forum for some reason so pretty much everyone will try and downplay him and pretend he's not very good at all.

Darth Sexy
He's not the most hated at all, he's been proven to not be the best at all.

overlord
Darth Bane.... he makes me so hot.

Apollo Cloud
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
He's not the most hated at all, he's been proven to not be the best at all.

Yes he is, given he's on par with the likes of Exar and Sidious, yet people act like he'd lose to people like Mace and Anakin despite me making a much better case for Bane then anyone can make for whoever he's up against each time.

jollyjim311
Mace would beat Bane, now shut it. Bane would most definitely put up a a fight, but when Mace uses Vaapad, he'll break right through Bane's defences, and then kill him with Shattepoint. Seeing as how Mace stopped hundreds of tons or rocks that had created an avalanche, I 'd say he has the raw force abilities to hold off Bane's attacks, plus most can just be reflected with Vaapad. Anyway, back on topic:

Team Two wins.

Apollo Cloud
No, Mace wouldn't. What you're essentially arguing with this whole Shatterpoint issue is that because it grants him advantages against darksiders, and Bane is a darksider, he therefore beats Bane. The thing is, you can't quantify the advantages that it gives, all you can say is that it grants him an unknown degree of advantages. Shatterpoint, as I've said many times before, only grants Mace the ability to detect weaknesses, it doesn't grant him the capabilities to capitalise on them. And IIRC, it took him some time to find Depa's shatterpoint, as well as Kar's, so I'd assume that it's more difficult for Mace to find them in moving situations rather than still. And what you just said about Mace is pretty nice, I'll admit (though could I have proof for those figures?), but it hardly compares to the stuff that Bane has done imho, namely moving a moon. Dxun is a planetoid capable of sustaining its own life, and is almost certainly going to weigh more than our own dead moon, which masses in at, technically speaking, seventy thousand billion billion kilograms (credit for the figures goes to Ashandarei). So what Mace did really isn't comparable in the least.

Gideon
Let's make sure this is clear: Vaapad is, firstly, "the deadliest" of the lightsaber forms - Bane has no knowledge or skill in that department, nor will he know how to defend against it. And, anyone who has read Path of Destruction knows how great an advantage this would be against Bane - who simply freaks out when confronted with something he isn't familiar with. Furthermore, it also means that it is a "better" form than anything Bane has. Vaapad and Shatterpoint also have the added advantages of turning the dark side's strength into a "weapon of the light" - which Mace can thus use. Shatterpoint (which Bane is very much susceptible to) will allow Mace to detect weaknesses and flaws in his armor or in his general being, and that will allow Mace to capitalize upon it. If he can defeat "the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power", he can surely defeat Bane. In a lightsaber duel, at least.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Gideon
Let's make sure this is clear: Vaapad is, firstly, "the deadliest" of the lightsaber forms - Bane has no knowledge or skill in that department, nor will he know how to defend against it. And, anyone who has read Path of Destruction knows how great an advantage this would be against Bane - who simply freaks out when confronted with something he isn't familiar with. Furthermore, it also means that it is a "better" form than anything Bane has. Vaapad and Shatterpoint also have the added advantages of turning the dark side's strength into a "weapon of the light" - which Mace can thus use. Shatterpoint (which Bane is very much susceptible to) will allow Mace to detect weaknesses and flaws in his armor or in his general being, and that will allow Mace to capitalize upon it. If he can defeat "the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power", he can surely defeat Bane. In a lightsaber duel, at least.

Hey, Gideon, I've heard that Path of Destruction is really good. Do you know any website were I can read it?

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
No, Mace wouldn't. What you're essentially arguing with this whole Shatterpoint issue is that because it grants him advantages against darksiders, and Bane is a darksider, he therefore beats Bane. The thing is, you can't quantify the advantages that it gives, all you can say is that it grants him an unknown degree of advantages. Shatterpoint, as I've said many times before, only grants Mace the ability to detect weaknesses, it doesn't grant him the capabilities to capitalise on them. And IIRC, it took him some time to find Depa's shatterpoint, as well as Kar's, so I'd assume that it's more difficult for Mace to find them in moving situations rather than still. And what you just said about Mace is pretty nice, I'll admit (though could I have proof for those figures?), but it hardly compares to the stuff that Bane has done imho, namely moving a moon. Dxun is a planetoid capable of sustaining its own life, and is almost certainly going to weigh more than our own dead moon, which masses in at, technically speaking, seventy thousand billion billion kilograms (credit for the figures goes to Ashandarei). So what Mace did really isn't comparable in the least.

I never said any of that, but I will now. Shatterpoint is a universal advantage, not limited to darsiders or even combat situations. I'll go into more detail of what I should have said:

Mace uses Vaapad, a style completely alien to Bane and described as the "deadliest of all" forms and "unpredictable." When Kas'im brought a new style against Bane, Bane was immediately put on the defensive. Also, Vaapad allows Mace to draw from his opponents well of power. This means Mace will become faster as Bane does so, like he did in ROTS against Palpatine. This is on top on him already being able to move at speeds where he was "invisible" and even Anakin couldn't see him while he was fighting. Knowing you, you'll try to compare that with Bane's battle with Sirak where Bane performed a move that the force sensitives in the room didn't visually keep up with. The differences are that Bane had been storing up energy, and released it in a single attack that people didn't see coming, as where Mace's whole fight was visually incomprehensible by even Anakin, while he was paying attention.

I have yet to bring up Shatterpint. Mace could break a diamond with a tap of his finger. A full powered swing could do wonders. Shatterpoint is just the ability to negate Bane's armor.

With Vaapad over whelming Bane, Mace would just feel out for a Shatterpoint. Once he finds it, Bane is done for.

Also, Mace punched through super battle droids, is on par with Yoda and beat Sidious in a lightsaber battle.

EDIT:Gideon already basically said what I did. Oh well, I'm keeping it.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, I could own that argument, but the fact that I typed in 'Shatterpoint' rather than 'Vaapad' has completely made me unmotivated.

Janus X
Yeah, I could own that argument, but the fact that I typed in 'Shatterpoint' rather than 'Vaapad' has completely made me unmotivated.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, don't mind me, I'm going through this weird stage where I'm insanely tired but I can't go to sleep. It's made me pretty pissed off.

jollyjim311

Give me an

S-

T-

A-

L-

L!

Janus X
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Give me a

B-

U-

L-

L-

S-

H-

I-

T!

Corrected it for ya

Apollo Cloud
An S.
A B.
Not an B.
Your "correction" failed.
Moron.

Janus X
An S.
A B.
Not an B.
Your "correction" failed.
Moron.

Said something? 13

LORDSIDIOUS01
santa one eye mobile

Darth Sexy
Yes he is, given he's on par with the likes of Exar and Sidious, yet people act like he'd lose to people like Mace and Anakin despite me making a much better case for Bane then anyone can make for whoever he's up against each time.

Except he's NOT on par with Sidious and Exar Kun just because you're a fanboy. You've been disproven everytime yet you still persist with nonsense. Way to go Noobaris. And you've made a better case for Bane than anyone can for anyone else? As one of the worst debaters on this forum, you are very delusional. It's almost funny.

Advent
Originally posted by jollyjim311
even Anakin couldn't see him while he was fighting. As where Mace's whole fight was visually incomprehensible by even Anakin, while he was paying attention.

LMAO, jollyjim! It appears that you and Nebaris share something in common. You both use trumped evidence.

I don't see how Anakin couldn't have seen Mace Windu considering by the time he waltzes in, Mace is walking towards Sidious at the pace of a slug. Darth Sidious had already been backed into a corner at that point, as shown in the highest form of canon. The description in the novelization is invalid.

That doesn't necessarily disprove other sources which may comment on Mace's or Sidious' speed, though, merely pointing out that that's not true in the least bit.

darthsith19
I see no reason why Nihilus couldn't kill Bane with a Force Drain. Traya could beat Malak. Now, TOTJ Sidious vs. Revan is close, both of their strong points are the Force, where they aren't quite as good with a saber. That would be close, I'm kinda leaning towards Palaptine, though. Even if Revan would win, though, Malak and Bane go down first, then Revan gets wtf pwnd.

Instead of Malak, it should have been Kun, or Kas'im, yeah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.