The Diablo RP: Sign up and story thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
i thought id try at the Diablo RP ive thought of

Diablo: The war of Sanctuary

After the Destruction of the world stone the world has had the forces that kept it seperate from the burning hells and the high heavens broken, world is now laid bare for both to see. The Burning hells once again under the banner of the Prime evils after they took control from Azmodan the lord of sin and Belial the lord of lies, the Three now angered from their defeat in Santuary have arison more powerful than ever before and now go to open war across the lands, evil followers and dark cults join them as well as many powerful allies that they had during the sin wars.

The Arch-angel Tyreal knows of the danger coming to the world he has worked so hard to secure from his bretheren in the high heavens and now works to bring forth the gift of the Nephilim within the human race, this ancient birthright that the Worldstone shut out of most of them is now free, and allows the people of santuary to eventually learn their powers, the Horadrim lead by a wise elder known as Deckard Cain are brought together by Tyreal and now help to bring mankind together and against the threat that now weighs down upon them all. The high heavens plan to help the Nephilim battle and hope to destroy the armies of the prime evils and then plan to destroy the Nephilim after battle while they are weak as to keep their hold over the world

Overall: This RP is based on events that could happen after the end of the last Diablo game, Diablo:Lord of Destruction, the armis of heaven and hell are now battleling over who shall rule all of creation and Santuary is in the middle of this war, the Ancient birthright of the human race can now be held by them and with their newfound power hope to protect their planet

Role: the role of a PC in this RP would be that of either one of the 3 sides or between them, perhaps to come across their own story as well as perhaps take part in the main story of the RP and live in the now war torn world of santcuary

Characters: a player can pick two characters, one of their own creation and one from the world of diablo, OR have two characters they have made themselves, ofcourse you dont have to have two, but you may not have more than 1 important character under your control

Important:These characters will be leaders or main beings within the RP, a player can pick one of these to play as, or none if they so wish

Burning Hells:

Diablo the lord of terror-
Baal Lord of destruction-
Mephisto lord of hatred-

Azmodan the lord of lies-
Belial the lord of sin-
Duriel the lord of pain-
Andarial the maiden of Anguish-

Fallen Angel Izual-
Warlord of Blood-
lilith, the daughter of Mephisto-

High Heavens

Arch-angel Tyreal- Darth Extecute

High heavens leaders- (there can be three, these are the most powerful angels within the high heavens, perhaps beyond even Tyreal, the names can be made up by the players

Inarius- (not truly part of the heavens, he is a powerful angel once in a high place among the heavens and now deems himself ruler of santuary and its people due to the fact he was one of the main builders of the world)

Horadrim and people of sanctuary

leaders- (maximum of 5, these are very powerful Nephilim)

Horadrim- (very powerful mages, there can be 4)

Deckard cain-

Next is player made characters races and such within the RP

Burning thought
Character races and stats

Demons: these can be of a large variety, often they follow one of the 7 powers of hell which makes a large impression on their characteristics and behaviour, for example a demon of Diablo are usually the most intelligent and trick their enemies, although not usually the strongest, however some often can rival the minions of the other evils of hell, Baals are usually the most destructive hence the name, smaller beasts come in large numbers while larger ones are often the strongest minions of hell while mephisto has legions of undead

Undead: Undead are often udner the will of Mephisto or some sort of master who has brought life to a corpse, the Morlu are often the strongest of these, sometimes even greater than soome demons, especialy in numbers, under the eye of mephisto, these warriors are near impossible to stop, as their bodies reform and reshape even as they are destroyed.

Angels: powerful beings from heaven, often greater than most demons and undead however their numbers are far less and are often over run by demonic hordes, however the ability to fly as well as their great powers make them a strong race

Nephilim: these are those humans who have been told of the force growing within them, after being told they begin to understand the power and soon some can begin to become more powerful than the average angel or demon, able to succeed in many feats like weather control, blasts of magic, fire, crushing weaker enemies with but a thought, their power can become vast but most are not able of the greater feats but even the weaker ones are capable of fire blasts and shielding themselves and allies

Humans who have other gifts : this includes Mages who know many spells, Necromancers of Rathma who follow the teachings of Trag'oul the dragon of balance and capable of sumoning and controlling the dead, as well as destroying them when of high power. There are also skilled assasins, amazons, barbarians and other warriors among the human race who do not need the Nephilim gift for it disrupts their own prowess

Rules of the RP
usual rules apply, good language, long posts as apposed to one liners, NO Godmoding

Burning thought
ok peeps, guys in the RP at the moment are

Madmel-Diablo
Ambience
Diet
Survivor01-Izual
Darth-Tyrael
Trademark
marie-Lee
me

Loads more people can still join, i think ill make the main RP thread later or tomrrow

Darth Extecute
Will there be a character sheet to fill in?

Burning thought
haha oh yes i almost forget /slaps self big grin

CHARACTER SHEET

Player Name:

Character name:

Bio: (if its a made up character then fill this in with who they are and such, if its a Game character then please be accurate incase people join who dont know about them, maybe even have a link to some good info)

Equipmentnothing too super, if you know diablo weapons then you can pick a few but no super high elite items)

Abilities/powers: (abilities or magic powers and such)

Pic:desription of characters look: (if you have a Pic would be nice to use smile )

anything you want to add: (if you want to add something here that is not covered in the default sheet then its ok)

MadMel
*cracks knuckles*............*massages fingers*..no expression

Player Name:MadMel

Character name: Diablo - Lord of terror

Bio: Diablo - Lord of Terror -
The youngest of the prime evils, Diablo specializes in terrorizing his enemies; fear is his greatest weapon..Diablo also has formidable attendants, brought to life by the pure terror from his victim's darkest nightmares..
after binding himself to a young prince in the land of Khanduras, daiblo sought to spread terror into the hearts of mortal men, and let hell spill onto the plain of the living..his dream was short lived, however, as three heroes took up the task of defeating the prime evil beneath the town of tristram, and even though they succeeded, each hero was scared mentally and psychologically forever..two of them turned to the side they fought aginst, becoming agents of the prime evils..the other, the warrior, was left a shell of his former self, and years later, his spirit finally cracked as diablo took control of the legendary hero..leaving tristram in flames, daiblo sought to realise a dream he had been formulating over milenia..
his first act of course was to free his brothers, mephisto, lord of hatred, and baal, lord of destruction..leaving a trail of demons in his wake, the lord of terror headed for the shining jewel city, lut golein and the sand beyond it, searching for the canyon of the magi, and the elusive temple of tal rasha, the horadric mage used to house the body of baal..diablo finds the temple, and with the help of his traveling companion, marius, frees baal..however, the archangel tyreal was there to try and stop the two prime evils..he wasnt successful, and tal rasha, or what was left of him, trapped tyreal in the temple..
the next thing the prime evils had to do was to free the last of the brothers, mephisto..they travelled across the ocean and through the massive city of kurast, leaving the place to be overrun by the now warped jungle and its demonic inhabitants..the prime evils entered the prison of mephisto, and the three of them used their combined power to open a portal to hell...this was when diablo fully manifested as his true form..shrugging off the rags of the warrior he once inhabited, diablo entered the hell and prepared to unleash its forces onto the mortal plane..
this was when as many as 7 new heroes arrived to kill diablo, hopefully for the last time..they had killed all of the demon on earth, even managing to kill mephisto, and take the source of his imprisonment, a legendary soulstone..the heroes used an angelic outpost to enter hell and destroy mephistos soul stone, then proceeded to kill diablo..they finally overthrew the lord of terror, and destroyed the soulstone he possessed..
tal rasha was still missing however...baal tacked down marius, the companion of diablo/warrior..marius had baals soulstone, and had hidden it, along with himself, in an insane asylum...baal, disguising himself as tyreal, convinced marius to give the soul stone to him..when the soul stone was his, baal revealed himself and killed marius..he left, leaving the asylum to burn..

Equipment: none

Abilities/powers: incredible strength and speed, powerful control over fire and lightning..can run on all fours when he needs to..can summon demons, and create nightmare creatures from a mortals fear..

Pic: ((cant post now, photobucket is down))

Burning thought
good good Madmel laughing , heres one of mine

Player Name: Burning Thought

Character name: Morgan stouce

Bio: Morgan, a simple blacksmith in the town of Borough in the west had never heard of the battles and evils that had been going on in the world, it was not until the destruction of the worldstone had he felt the incredible quake, the sky darkening darker than he had ever seen, dark being materialising in his village, ripping down his brother before him. The Worldstone however with its destruction let loose the power within humanity, and Morgan and a few others within the town took up arms against shadowy beasts, within his Madness and rage he was also amazed as well as confused, every slash of his blade burst forth with energies and throwing forth elemental magics that he had only heard rumours of from the mage clans.

a 3 years later, far from his old town, in the town of Curras, drinking down ale and sharing stories of his adventures since he set off those 3 years ago, taking items and treasures from Demonic camps and magic artifacts, he has become an adventuror, looking to join the battle against the Three prime evils and join with the Horadrim and his new kind, the Nephilim, that he now found out, was the special gift within him.

Equipment: Demonhide armour socketed with various gems such as a Demon skull he found fit into a strange socket in the armour as well as a Amethyst, under this he has a light chainmail mesh, using this as well as a Magic Basinet and Scutum. His weapon however was identified by a sage as the Headstriker, a powerful blade, he found it among a demonic camp. on his Feet he wears simple heavy bracers and on his feet battle boots, he attached 2 greater and 6 minor healing potions around his waist on a Sharkskin belt he bought off a trader in a far off town in the east.

Abilities/powers: No magical prowess per say, not that is under control, his Nephilim powers allow him to perform small feats of power such as incredible strength, calling forth blasts of will throwing opponents over as well as enchanting his weapon with magic powers beyond its own but these dont happen as often, although his strength is beyond a normal man and being a Blacksmith he can skillfully add sockets to items and repair his and his allies armour on the battlefield.

Pic:desription of characters look: smile a little bit like this, only ofcourse the armour is a normal silver and he has the belt, also he doesnt have open toes on his boots and his arms are covered with a light chain mail underneath.

http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/article/665/665211/spartan-total-warrior-20051107044807721.jpg

Darth Extecute
Character name: Tyrael, the Arch Angel

Bio: Tyrael comes from the High Heavens and serves "The Light", the forces of good in the Diablo universe. It is unknown who his superiors are; no gods or higher angels are ever named. Judging from Deckard Cain's description, Tyrael seems to be regarded as something of a rogue by the forces of Heaven, as he seems to intervene in the affairs of mankind more frequently than is considered appropriate. This would seem to explain Tyrael's greater sociability, compared to Hadriel, as well as his willingness to single-handedly engage one of the Prime Evils directly.

Equipment: The Archangel carries equipment blessed with the light. It enchants his way of fighting greatly. His powerful armor and divine sword gives him abilities far beyond the mortal man.

Abilities/powers: His wings allow him to fly. He possess the power of the light and masters an ancient combat system, known by few and taught by the High Heaven divines. Even though his magical powers are limited, underestimating him would be the last thing you would ever do in a fight.

Pic:
http://www.schulethalwil.ch/themen/diabloII/bilder/tyrael2.jpghttp://tyrael48.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/tyrael.jpg.w300h260.jpghttp://forum.riven.ru/uploads/av-1579.jpg

MadMel
cant wait to see these 2 brawling again laughing out loud

Darth Extecute
Diablo were lucky last time.. stick out tongue Who knows, maybe now Tyrael will even remove the hood big grin

You know what's behind the hood, right?

MadMel
instant agonizing death erm

Darth Extecute
laughing out loud A beauty no mortal eye can handle laughing out loud

I laughed stick out tongue

MadMel
that was my third guess
my second guess was wirts 4th leg..laughing

lucky??
heck, a weak diablo was holding off tyreal with bare hands stick out tongue

Darth Extecute
You don't think there was a lot on his mind there? Tyrael is a very powerful warrior big grin

Unfortunatly, he had a prisoner to guard.. The primest to fight and a darn mortal to keep an eye on.. Not to think that Diablo got assistance he would not have managed without at the end stick out tongue

We all know that if something else is happening at the same time, one might loose consentration.. Right there, he had to keep his eyes on a number of things..

Of course, I highly doubt he would be capable of defeating the fully evolved Diablo.. However, you'll have to agree that Tyrael is better than the cinematics makes him appear to be stick out tongue

MadMel
yea
....maybe

Darth Extecute
You will still woop my ass sad I'm just trying to deffend the fact that I will be able to put up a fight stick out tongue

MadMel
laughing
maybe tyreal will decide to disobey some rules and interfere

diabloprimeevil
has Azmodan the lord of lies- been taken if so i will just be a necromancer i will post me char sheet tomoz

MadMel
nah hes not taken

Burning thought
Originally posted by diabloprimeevil
has Azmodan the lord of lies- been taken if so i will just be a necromancer i will post me char sheet tomoz

nah you can play as him Prime

and yeh evil face a battle between Tyrael and Diablo at their full strength would be an incredible battle, but i reckon Diablo would have the upper hand

hmm do you think Tyrael is as strong or stronger than Inarius

MadMel
oooh tough one no expression

MadMel
Azmodan the lord of lies
azmodan - the lord of sin stick out tongue

Burning thought
Originally posted by MadMel
azmodan - the lord of sin stick out tongue

indeed madmel, he is lord of sin, i typoed it as lord of lies, roll eyes (sarcastic) always get them two mixed up stick out tongue

MadMel
hypocrite

Darth Extecute
Actually, I believe the closest matchup of Tyraels complete angelic strenght, all out, would be Diablo.. They are close to the same skills if both fight to the very last breath.. Diablo, yes will have the upper hand smile

Tela
I wanna join but I wanna be an elf mage >__<

Burning thought
Originally posted by Tela
I wanna join but I wanna be an elf mage >__<

hmm well i dont have any proper objections, although to my knowledge i dont think elves are in Diablo but i dont mind, since this is unhosted however everyones views are important, what do you guys think?

Darth Extecute
I think the appearance of an elf would be approveable, but I don't think it should be allowed with elven feats erm

Burning thought
Originally posted by Darth Extecute
I think the appearance of an elf would be approveable, but I don't think it should be allowed with elven feats erm

okie, what are elven feats anyhow, their not that much stronger than humans are they, just better eyesight, and now most humans are nephilim in the story they may be overshadow a lot, but i suppose it wont be too bad for you to be an elf Tela big grin

Darth Extecute
I guess not.. It does not violate a lot of Diablo "laws", because of the magic and all that.. I was more thinking about the age immortality thing.. Thousand of years old..

Burning thought
I guess not.. It does not violate a lot of Diablo "laws", because of the magic and all that.. I was more thinking about the age immortality thing.. Thousand of years old..

hmmm yeh, maybe he can join as a young elf, say, human age rather than an ancient one

MadMel
diablo is strictly non elves..idk about this..
its up to BT

Darth Extecute
Elf or not, I'm quite sure I'll interact with her as just a person and never specify that she is an elf, as I dont think there should be.. Diablo is pure human, except for the enemies.. No matter what the character sheet says, I'm seeing all madeup as humans big grin

MadMel
same

Burning thought
hmm ok i dont really think an Elf is viable, tbh i personally think we should keep it diablo orientated, Nephilim, Humans, Demons etc etc but no elves sorry Tela

diabloprimeevil
Originally posted by Burning thought
nah you can play as him Prime

and yeh evil face a battle between Tyrael and Diablo at their full strength would be an incredible battle, but i reckon Diablo would have the upper hand

hmm do you think Tyrael is as strong or stronger than Inarius

hmm tough to decide i think diablo would win as tryael nolonger has the azure rath sword i got lost when baal was freed any way i am gona be a necromance with some strainge behaivural patters kinda like nilithak if you know what i mean

diabloprimeevil
Character name:kai

Bio: he is a nobal necromancer who up untill now has faught paladins as well has evil as he lived under the asumption there was no god because if there was why would he let the evils come to earth but upon a meeting with tryael it kinda chainged his perception and the fact that tryael told him to stop killing the servants and warriors of god he lived in the kurast jungle for most of his life bannishing the zakarum temple gardians who fell to mephisto so long ago but sensing the destruction of the world stone set off in search of tryael to find out what is going on)

Equipment:staff of the zakarum a staff that he recoverd from the temple given powers of evil as it is infused with the souls of the zakarum he has destroyed and set free. trangouls armore necromancers plate mail. amulat of sin icon recoverd from the place where mephisto fell in the zakarum temple unsure as to what it dose he keeps it as a memento of the destruction of a prime evil and it looks cool and fetted trophy

Abilities/powers: summon goloms (clay,blood,metal and fire) skeleton mage. poisen nova ,teeth , bone speer , blood spirit , revive fallen enemys , bone wall/ prison cage and finaly poisen corps explode.

diabloprimeevil
ohh sorry this is my staff

Darth Extecute
hmm tough to decide i think diablo would win as tryael nolonger has the azure rath sword i got lost when baal was freed any way i am gona be a necromance with some strainge behaivural patters kinda like nilithak if you know what i mean

Strange as Nilithak? You picked the stranges there is no expression

Burning thought
Character name:kai

Bio: he is a nobal necromancer who up untill now has faught paladins as well has evil as he lived under the asumption there was no god because if there was why would he let the evils come to earth but upon a meeting with tryael it kinda chainged his perception and the fact that tryael told him to stop killing the servants and warriors of god he lived in the kurast jungle for most of his life bannishing the zakarum temple gardians who fell to mephisto so long ago but sensing the destruction of the world stone set off in search of tryael to find out what is going on)

Equipment:staff of the zakarum a staff that he recoverd from the temple given powers of evil as it is infused with the souls of the zakarum he has destroyed and set free. trangouls armore necromancers plate mail. amulat of sin icon recoverd from the place where mephisto fell in the zakarum temple unsure as to what it dose he keeps it as a memento of the destruction of a prime evil and it looks cool and fetted trophy

Abilities/powers: summon goloms (clay,blood,metal and fire) skeleton mage. poisen nova ,teeth , bone speer , blood spirit , revive fallen enemys , bone wall/ prison cage and finaly poisen corps explode.

hmm all is good, apart from there is no "God" in the Diablo universe or has not been heard of, the highest form of rank in the high heavens is the angelic council, or perhaps Arch-angel himself, if you leave that part out of your bio its ok, maybe he can just tell you not to kill warriors of the light

also your armor, Trag ouls is a little advanced, Trag ouls is like, the highest level Necromancer set and from the beginning at least i would quite like it to be fairly basic gear, if not maybe one super item, so maybe you can choose either to keep your staff or armour, apart from that all good, the overall character and abilities are approved big grin

Marie-Lee
Will we have to go by the skills in the game, or can we be 'Just another lighting sorceress'? smile

Burning thought
Originally posted by Marie-Lee
Will we have to go by the skills in the game, or can we be 'Just another lighting sorceress'? smile

you dont have to, but you can if ya want smile

Marie-Lee
I prefere having my characters less specified when it comes to abilities smile 'Fire magic', instead of saying 'Fire Ball', 'Fire Bolt', 'Fire Wall' and instead I can do all of those and other fire related spells big grin

I am uncertain of what class I will be, but it is soon to be decided big grin

Marie-Lee
Player Name:
Marie-Lee

Character name:
Terrie Yellow

Bio:
At the age of very young, Catja was taught by a druid the way of nature. She could at first not even cast a spell, but as the years passed she learnt the way of nature. She have focused her learning on the summoning rituals of the druidic forces. She holds the power to summon beasts from nature to fight by her side, to fight for her. She is low on physical strength and due her young age she is very uncunning of the world. Nevertheless she was prophesied at young age to be one that had the chance to redeem the world from darkness.

Using the skin of a bear as clothing, together with a talently made bearlike outfit, the bear is one of her favorite beasts. She is most likely the youngest adventurer and fighter of the light and nature that have so far walked the earth. Her father kept saying she were not supposed to fight. Not yet, but she never listened. With a mind held on one single thing, she is out to free the world from darkness. Her young age is illuminating, as she have a nature force stronger than many elder druids. She have it growing inside her, getting stronger for every day that pass her life. The one problem would be that she do not know how to master even half of her abilities, which sometimes can make spells appear out of the blue, that she was not even aware she could cast.

Equipment:
A bear outfit, improving her druidic skills. It is enchanted by a great druid a long time ago, given to her as a gift and a chance to fight against evil. Removing the outfit might reduce her force with nature, until the equipment is once more added onto her.
She have several bells attached to the costume, which will alert anyone nearby that she is approaching. It was mainly there for the reason that her father could keep track of her, if she decided to run away like she often did.
With her father gone, the bells is a reminder of him and they are something she values greatly. The whole outfit is counted as a set. Combined, the armor increase her powers in most ways possible.

Abilities/powers:
The forces of nature grow from the palm of her hand. She have the ability to summon beasts, manipulate fire and ice in different ways and even cast it. She know she is capable of transforming, but she have not yet learnt to master that ability. She lives with the fear of not being able to transform back.

http://images.quizilla.com/C/Chi19/1096662046_icturesaww.jpg

Burning thought
hehe nice character, approved smile

Marie-Lee
Great smile

Am I, as a druid limited to summon Wolves, Birds, Spirits, Worms and Bears? Or can I summon more than that? confused

Burning thought
Great smile

Am I, as a druid limited to summon Wolves, Birds, Spirits, Worms and Bears? Or can I summon more than that? confused

i suppose you could, as long as its nothing too great or powerful, unless ofcourse someone else in the RP objects to it

Marie-Lee
Can I summon The mighty Ixys, legendary and undefeatable Dragon of Life and Death? smile

Burning thought
Can I summon The mighty Ixys, legendary and undefeatable Dragon of Life and Death? smile

hmmmmm (an hours think later) erm...no big grin stick out tongue

MadMel
hmmm
i wonder whats D3s opening cinema would be??
i hope it'll be diablo fighting all 7 D2 heroes
that'd be an awesome fight to watch

Burning thought
hmmm

haha yeh, i watched a funny little anime thing of diablo fightin a Barb.Necro and Pala, but they all got creamed in seconds, was only a player made one tho so not best quality but good for a player made if you kno wat ime saying big grin

/cry, is Diablo 3 announced yet, they have to soon surely, its a pain. Prob most populour and IMHO it beats all other hack and slash games of its time and maybe some of this time, Final Fantasy can ship out sequels fast and imo their nothing comapred to Diablo. why cant Blizzard just hurry, their bringing out Hellgate london though, should be fun until D3

Chizzle
Hmm, this sounds fun. I really like Diablo2 the story for the game is very good and i think you got a just as good story.

I hope i can join big grin

MadMel
sure you can join
you cant be diablo though evil face

Tela
Errrr. . .nevermind embarrasment I'll try to find something ekse to be >__<

Marie-Lee
hmmmmm (an hours think later) erm...no big grin stick out tongue

Too bad! Just because you said no, the world will end and Diablo will conquer mhm We could have saved it if you accepted cry

Originally posted by Chizzle
Hmm, this sounds fun. I really like Diablo2 the story for the game is very good and i think you got a just as good story.

Be a common soldier, like me, diabloprimeevil and Burning Thought smile We can not expect Tyrael to do all the work. We need a lot of bodies to take the hits big grin

hmmm

If I know Blizzard and the Diablo creation right, then it will probably be brief flashes of the fight.

The barbarian leaping into the battle with a huge axe.
The paladin shooting some holy bolts.
The sorceres charging up a fireball.
The amazon doing amazone stuff, running, jumping and shooting.
The druid order a pack of wolves to bite him and has a bear roaring next to him.
The assassin walking out of the dark, only having her eyes and blades visible until the very final moment where she comes out of the shadow and strikes.
The necromancer applying a ritual or curse on Diablo.

The final scene is Diablo facing up into the skies, roaring and falling to his knees with his soul abandoning him big grin

That is how I imagine it would look like stick out tongue

Burning thought
Originally posted by Chizzle

sure you can join m8, just type up a char sheet and ill get back on ya for it

trademark
Hey can I be a gargoyle?

Marie-Lee
A super gargoyle? Because I think a normal gargoyle would die rappidly stick out tongue

MadMel
Too bad! Just because you said no, the world will end and Diablo will conquer mhm We could have saved it if you accepted cry Muhahahaha evil face

Be a common soldier, like me, diabloprimeevil and Burning Thought smile We can not expect Tyrael to do all the work. We need a lot of bodies to take the hits big grin sure we can stick out tongue

If I know Blizzard and the Diablo creation right, then it will probably be brief flashes of the fight.

The barbarian leaping into the battle with a huge axe.
The paladin shooting some holy bolts.
The sorceres charging up a fireball.
The amazon doing amazone stuff, running, jumping and shooting.
The druid order a pack of wolves to bite him and has a bear roaring next to him.
The assassin walking out of the dark, only having her eyes and blades visible until the very final moment where she comes out of the shadow and strikes.
The necromancer applying a ritual or curse on Diablo.

The final scene is Diablo facing up into the skies, roaring and falling to his knees with his soul abandoning him big grin

That is how I imagine it would look like stick out tongue wtf would holy bolt be of any use against daiblo laughing out loud

Burning thought
Originally posted by trademark
Hey can I be a gargoyle?

i suppose, but thats one of Diablos things so you would be his to command. Why a Gargoyle just curious of all things

MadMel
gargoyles touch erm

Marie-Lee
Muhahahaha evil face

You see! It has already started sad

sure we can stick out tongue

Sweeeeeet big grin Well then smile If I am not needed, I am going to the beach shifty

wtf would holy bolt be of any use against daiblo laughing out loud

Holy Bolt has healing abilities big grin

trademark
i suppose, but thats one of Diablos things so you would be his to command. Why a Gargoyle just curious of all things
I really do not know I just thought it would be different

Burning thought
I really do not know I just thought it would be different

hmm well i suppose its allowed, make a character sheet, in Diablo Gargoyles were simply animated stone that could go near invincible when they froze still but i dont know if they can carry weapons or such, in the game they did not but it may be allowed in this RP, anyway make a character sheet so i can see how you would make it please big grin

Darth Extecute
When will I be kicking Diablo minion asses? no expression When will this start?

Burning thought
hmm id like a few more people to sign up first, so far we have you, me, Madmel and Marie so i think if Trademark makes his character, then we can begin

Marie-Lee
We are not good enough for you? cry

No, j/k big grin

trademark
I probably won't have my Char made until tomorrow Got a few essays to write tonight My greats downfall is procrastination. sad

MadMel
When will I be kicking Diablo minion asses? no expression When will this start?
when hell freezes over..
*patch 1.11 arrives* AAARRGH *hides*

Burning thought
We are not good enough for you? cry

No, j/k big grin

hehe ofc not stick out tongue jus want to start with an extra player more than 4, 5 people will do fine

Marie-Lee
You could always join my Highschool RP at Ocean of Dreams while we wait happy The more the better stick out tongue

Burning thought
You could always join my Highschool RP at Ocean of Dreams while we wait happy The more the better stick out tongue

it looks interesting buti think i have enough of school in real life laughing out loud thx for asking tho, anywho i think ill start the RP today sometime if i get round to it

Marie-Lee
Oh yes, I apologize about the sudden of-topic embarrasment I will be patiently waiting for this to start happy

Burning thought
Oh yes, I apologize about the sudden of-topic embarrasment I will be patiently waiting for this to start happy

smile no probs, hmm thinking up how to begin is the hardest bit

Marie-Lee
Like in books big grin

Start with Diablo dying, then go back to what happened before shifty

evil face

Burning thought
well lads and lasses the Rp thread is up and running, enjoy

MadMel
er...marie-lee, smilies cant be spoiler tagged

Darth Extecute
For some reason, I think she know that.. She does it all the time no expression

Burning thought
come come guys, me and Darth and getting into the Story

trademark
I have been delayed again as if anyone cares but My character will not be up until later tonight or tomorrow I got 8 projects to due that was suppose to be handed in yesterday

Darth Extecute
I have been delayed again as if anyone cares but My character will not be up until later tonight or tomorrow I got 8 projects to due that was suppose to be handed in yesterday

Take your time yes

Burning thought

okie its no rush, but madmel and marie seem okie to start, although i have not heard anything, maybe their ill? or just thinking of a spectacular entrance big grin

Darth Extecute
I'm waiting for another of the adventurers to post, so that we know were we are heading.. Would not be very Tyrael like to say "I dont know where to go next"

MadMel
i posted
maybe tyreal can feel diablos presence

Darth Extecute
I believe he can.. Strongly..

Burning thought
hmm yes i think so, even a Nephilim like my guy can sense Diablo when near, Diablos prescence is incredibly strong.

hmm in the RP diablos strength is at full, so hes not as weak as he is in the games, in the games he has barely a 10th maybe less of his power because he is still wearing a shell, even if it is close to his true form in look. In the Books Diablo has many forms and hes prescence alone can make people go mad to look upon him, even his own minions can go mad from looking at him, like in the book "sin war" books.

Whats the Debate of Diablo's power? what do you all think he is capable of, considering Inarius, Tyraels brother can destory the world 1000 times over, Mephisto owns Inarius according to story and hes often considered weakest of the 3 evils, so Diablo must be pretty hardcore

MadMel
weakest...not by much, his uber range magics are pwnage..

Darth Extecute
Well, we should not go fully lorewise as this is a RP.. It is fanfiction and could have different effects at some things..

I think we should make the identity of Diablo hidden from even the nephilims, to make the RP more playable.. Tyrael will of course sense diablo, but has the wisdom not to attack him and instead work to assemble the force.. The players like you, Burning Thought, Marie-Lee, trademark and the rest of the bunch should meet up first and things like that, before Tyrael, Diablo or anyone else break the secret..

As you said, Diablo was stronger than ever.. Maybe strong enough to hide his identity from those beneath divine level..

Burning thought
Well, we should not go fully lorewise as this is a RP.. It is fanfiction and could have different effects at some things..

I think we should make the identity of Diablo hidden from even the nephilims, to make the RP more playable.. Tyrael will of course sense diablo, but has the wisdom not to attack him and instead work to assemble the force.. The players like you, Burning Thought, Marie-Lee, trademark and the rest of the bunch should meet up first and things like that, before Tyrael, Diablo or anyone else break the secret..

As you said, Diablo was stronger than ever.. Maybe strong enough to hide his identity from those beneath divine level..

hmm ok yes, hes certainly stronger though before he was banished to the mortal plane, in the RP hes regained his old powers, but yes he should be invisible to all but Angels and such

Darth Extecute
I believe that is for the best.. That way Madmel can act more freely, which will not bore him out.. That way he can follow the group and remain interactive in the RP.. And Tyrael is not stupid enough to encounter him when the group is not ready for the task stick out tongue

MadMel
thumbsup

Tela
What species exactly are up for grabs?

Darth Extecute
Character races and stats

Demons: these can be of a large variety, often they follow one of the 7 powers of hell which makes a large impression on their characteristics and behaviour, for example a demon of Diablo are usually the most intelligent and trick their enemies, although not usually the strongest, however some often can rival the minions of the other evils of hell, Baals are usually the most destructive hence the name, smaller beasts come in large numbers while larger ones are often the strongest minions of hell while mephisto has legions of undead

Undead: Undead are often udner the will of Mephisto or some sort of master who has brought life to a corpse, the Morlu are often the strongest of these, sometimes even greater than soome demons, especialy in numbers, under the eye of mephisto, these warriors are near impossible to stop, as their bodies reform and reshape even as they are destroyed.

Angels: powerful beings from heaven, often greater than most demons and undead however their numbers are far less and are often over run by demonic hordes, however the ability to fly as well as their great powers make them a strong race

Nephilim: these are those humans who have been told of the force growing within them, after being told they begin to understand the power and soon some can begin to become more powerful than the average angel or demon, able to succeed in many feats like weather control, blasts of magic, fire, crushing weaker enemies with but a thought, their power can become vast but most are not able of the greater feats but even the weaker ones are capable of fire blasts and shielding themselves and allies

Humans who have other gifts : this includes Mages who know many spells, Necromancers of Rathma who follow the teachings of Trag'oul the dragon of balance and capable of sumoning and controlling the dead, as well as destroying them when of high power. There are also skilled assasins, amazons, barbarians and other warriors among the human race who do not need the Nephilim gift for it disrupts their own prowess

Rules of the RP
usual rules apply, good language, long posts as apposed to one liners, NO Godmoding

These..

Darth Extecute
I'm aware that Diablo has muscles, fyi stick out tongue It's Tyrael trying to talk his way trough the fighting..

MadMel
laughing out loud

Darth Extecute
I have been blind! I played Diablo and look what I saw!

Blizzard is announcing a new game in august at BlizzCon!

I am suspicious!

MadMel
they're making a big announcement 2morrow stick out tongue

Burning thought
Diablo 3 ftw!!1111!!!, i think they should make it their flagship, WoW is great and all but Diablo is a classic, are they not rich enough already from WoW, they should conentrate on brilliance and quality now of Diablo 3 big grin i want to create a barb...and see him in the latest graphics, although Kratos from God of war is almost the exactley same design laughing out loud

MadMel
nah, if they made anothe barb, it'd be copying d2..not that thats a bad thing, but i reckon it should be a tad different..

Darth Extecute
My friend found some uncertain information, but what it seemed the game idea that they announce have been worked on for over 4 years, just planning, building story and such.. I think they should keep most of the classes and just edit them some..

Diablo 1 has the same classes as Diablo 2 with a few extra..

(Except for the monk, but Hellfire was a huge failure)

Maybe they will specify the classes.. Such as "Berserk" and such instead.. Make a class focuseable when reaching higher levels.. Would be nice..

Evolve Barbarian to either Knight or Berserk for example..

MadMel
id like it if they did an anti paladin laughing

Darth Extecute
Dark Knight shifty

Burning thought
id like it if they did an anti paladin laughing

yeh i reckon you should be able to take the side of Diablo and his brothers this time round, i believe it would make a nice change from always fighting evil, not so many games allow you to play the dark side, especially not in this style

MadMel
laughing

Darth Extecute
GAAH! STARCRAFT 2! CURSE YOU BLIZZARD!

Starcraft is nice too happy

MadMel
hahah lol

diabloprimeevil
can i jump in ?

MadMel
er..this is kinda dead
and by kinda dead i mean very dead

Darth Extecute
Yeah.. We were only 4 to post in it, and that kind of killed it no expression

Burning thought
yh it did die, hmm nvm

Darth Extecute
Anything can be brought back if there's a will..

Burning thought
hmm ime having terrible Rl problems atm, ime not quite up to it, but i give the RP to you Darth, your good with Rp's

Metalnine
(This is not an RP post and I swear to god this aint spam, I just came across this through Google :]. It's just to let you guys know about a Diablo_RP "Cult" on VF. It's still under construction, but it's large-scale and heavily themed. If you love RPing, then you'll love this cult, and nah the idea just came up, I never knew about any other Diablo RPs anywhere.)

Check it out:

www . vampirefreaks . com / cult / Diablo_RP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.