Ayo, Real talk......WW couldn't beat Robin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
In HTH going by the skills consistently shown by either.

I know someone is going to come in with scans, or examples of WW doing extremely rare showings of skill against people like Shiva and Bruce, but that's clearly not her consistent level.

WW consistently shows that she's as formidable in hth, as a woman who took self defense classes at the local YMCA.

Batman is the dude who trained the guy who inspired the guy who teaches the self defense class WW is in.

Robin is the guy who spars with the guy who inspired the man who teaches WW self defense class.

WW = A c-List hth combatant, true story?

Superherovandal
No she's probably better than Black Canary. She's shown to be better than her in no-powered sparring before.

Badabing
I can't wait until Draco sees this thread. evillaugh

dur

Soljer
Originally posted by Superherovandal
No she's probably better than Black Canary. She's shown to be better than her in no-powered sparring before.

Didn't Black Canary walk all over Wonder Woman in a no-powered sparring scenario?

Superherovandal
yeah he's gonna annihilate his thread.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Didn't Black Canary walk all over Wonder Woman in a no-powered sparring scenario?

Because Diana let her in order to boost Canary's confidence.

Superherovandal
yup what batdude said. and it was actually one hit that Black Canary got in the whole time.

Validus
Another UniOmni thread. Oh joy. ermmhappy

capt it up
still say ww a second tier fighter at best.

Validus
Originally posted by capt it up
still say ww a second tier fighter at best.
Same tier as Wolverine then?

Because top tier is Karate Kid and Squirrel Girl. ermmnone

Superherovandal
Seriously WW is in the league of the top fighters out there.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Another UniOmni thread. Oh joy. ermmhappy

More proof that he loves DC.

Superherovandal
still say ww a second tier fighter at best. Really i doubt that considering she's been doing it with the best for longer that even has.

capt it up
Same tier as Wolverine then?

Because top tier is Karate Kid and Squirrel Girl. ermmnone
umm karate kid is cosmic tier

no I ment she was second tier meaning in leagues with DD and black panther..........though I even doubt she that skilled.

capt it up
Really i doubt that considering she's been doing it with the best for longer that even has.
really dident batman beat the shit out of her before........in combat skill match..........

in terms of skill batman>>>>WW

Superherovandal
no actually he didn't. He spars with her in the JLA cause she's on his level.

manjaro
this is bullshit and I'll have none of it, unlike bats who started training when he wa in his late teens WW has been traing since childhood by some of the most ill martial artists...i dont care who batman or robin are they are going down in a straight up h2h matchup...even if she eases up on the powers a little. the only chance they have is becuz im certain batman has feasible contingencies for all of them, and he has some device or trinket that can put her down

capt it up
no actually he didn't. He spars with her in the JLA cause she's on his level.
yet does he not whoop her......could have sworn ive seen scanns of batman making her look foolish.......

UniOmni
Alright.

Lets do it like this, shall we?

On the consistent average of either, who shows more skill?

And to whoever said something about my love/bias for DC, kik rocks!

I get tired of people making like WW shows anymore skill consistently than Robin, a true C list hth combatant.

capt it up
Originally posted by manjaro
this is bullshit and I'll have none of it, unlike bats who started training when he wa in his late teens WW has been traing since childhood by some of the most ill martial artists...i dont care who batman or robin are they are going down in a straight up h2h matchup...even if she eases up on the powers a little. the only chance they have is becuz im certain batman has feasible contingencies for all of them, and he has some device or trinket that can put her down

you do realize that means nothing right? hercules has been trained since he was but a child and he no top tier fighter either.......

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Alright.

Lets do it like this, shall we?

On the consistent average of either, who shows more skill?

And to whoever said something about my love/bias for DC, kik rocks!

I get tired of people making like WW shows anymore skill consistently than Robin, a true C list hth combatant. Well, Robin did beat Batgirl/Cass twice recently, and he's led multiple superteams.
People don't give Tim his credit.

Juntai
yet does he not whoop her......could have sworn ive seen scanns of batman making her look foolish....... Batman makes everyone look foolish. Batman as he's portrayed on the forum is nothing like he is in the comics.

UniOmni
I'm just tired of people showing the occasional outlier showing(see her beating Shiva) as viable proof that WW is a top tier hth combatant who'd really hang with any notable streets, when she's never presented as that hardcore in hth consistently.

She's really like a woman who'd been mugged, and now is in training to prevent that from happening again.

Tim even before his unpredictable = beating Cassie bs would've ranked higher in consistent hth skill than Wondy.

Juntai
I'm just tired of people showing the occasional outlier showing(see her beating Shiva) as viable proof that WW is a top tier hth combatant who'd really hang with any notable streets, when she's never presented as that hardcore in hth consistently.

She's really like a woman who'd been mugged, and now is in training to prevent that from happening again.

Tim even before his unpredictable = beating Cassie bs would've ranked higher in consistent hth skill than Wondy. Given that she's pretty much the best warrior out of a race of warriors who train daily, I have to disagree.

Superherovandal
Yup she's been trained in basically most all human martial arts and some alien ones too. She's no woman at a self defense class. More like a human trained by multiple master sensei's to be the a master fighter.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Juntai
Well, Robin did beat Batgirl/Cass twice recently, and he's led multiple superteams.
People don't give Tim his credit.
also considering Cass wasn't right in the head i wouldn' t put too much in that. Just like with Bats clocking Karate Kid after he had just been flooded with some of his memories back.

Draco69
Diana is simply much better. I mean, she's been trained by the best fighters on Earth since childhood. She learned how to break a man's arm when she was still a toddler. She trained every damn day until she was twenty-two and then she became Wonder Woman. Then she trained with Batman, Shiva, Black Canary, Starfire, Richard Dragon, and dozens of other martial artists to increase her repoitoire.

And unfortunately for Robin, Wonder Woman's I Ching saga is now back in continuity. That means all the Pre-Crisis tales of WW being powerless and blowing through entire armies using her training is viable proof of her skill.

Robin isn't anywhere near her skill level....

He's only had about a half decade of training (he became Robin III at age 13. He's stated to be about 17 to 18 right now). Every single one of his teachers have already taught Diana to a much longer length.

I mean, really, this is a no-brainer.

And Black Canary is a top-tier fighter now. She's arguably better than Nightwing due to her new training as she followed the path of Shiva. Robin doesn't hold a candle to her.

I would say that Robin is a better fighter than Wonder-Girl though...

UniOmni
Given that she's pretty much the best warrior out of a race of warriors who train daily, I have to disagree.

All these adulatious remarks make the fact that she's really not that comparable to streets smell even more.

She's the best out of a group of immortal women warriors....true.

But is it consistently shown that she's above a C list hth combatant Jun?

Really?

Thor is in the same position as WW, but he's even worse in real hth showings.

I don't care what adulations she gets, since J'onn gets the same.

I wanna debate how much hth skill she's actually shown on a consistent basis.

Her average vs His average.

Draco69
Thor is a better HTH combatant than Robin too....

Thor, WW, and Hercules are all better than Robin in HTH combat. They just don't display it as often because they have all their other nifty powers that take the spotlight.

Robin however doesn't have any powers so his HTH takes the spotlight.

Thanos is also a better HTH combatant than Tim. So is Doctor Strange. However they rarely show it simply because they don't need to. It doesn't diminish the fact that they could kick his ass in HTH if they needed to....

Juntai
I actually like Tim Drake a lot.

Draco69
I actually like Tim Drake a lot.

I like Tim Drake when he's not being written by the hack Meechen.

His best stories were in the 90s...

I know, that's like impossible. A good story out of the 90s!?!?!

UniOmni
See, these outlier type showings don't mean much to me, cuz it just makes the fact that they DO get their asses handed to them even more telling of their intelligence.

WW is comparable to Batman in hth skill?

Well, i guess she gets beat on at will by Superman and DD, since Superman is to WW, what Bane is to Batman.

It doesn't make her look any better to say that all these years she's been taking the beating because she likes them.

Draco69
See, these outlier type showings don't mean much to me, cuz it just makes the fact that they DO get their asses handed to them even more telling of their intelligence.

WW is comparable to Batman in hth skill?

Well, i guess she gets beat on at will by Superman and DD, since Superman is to WW, what Bane is to Batman.

It doesn't make her look any better to say that all these years she's been taking the beating because she likes them.

WW SHOULD be like Xena when she goes HTH with Superman however company politics will always show Diana fighting like a dunce. In her comics, she fights smart and use HTH regularly. When she's up against Superman or Doomsday she suddenly forgets her warrior skills and she opts to lasso their wrist or something...

It's company politics. I'm not saying Diana would win against Superman however it WOULD be nice to see Diana fight like she does in her own comics: like a HTH master instead "wee, let's flail my arms wildly and hope for the best!"....

Again, read her I Ching saga.

Juntai
My interpretation is that Superman is vastly beyond her powerwise anyways, but she can make up some of the difference in skill.

UniOmni
I never said WW doesn't use hth prowess.

What i said is does she consistently use hth skill shown on the level to handily defeat Tim Drake?

Superherovandal
Originally posted by Draco69
Diana is simply much better. I mean, she's been trained by the best fighters on Earth since childhood. She learned how to break a man's arm when she was still a toddler. She trained every damn day until she was twenty-two and then she became Wonder Woman. Then she trained with Batman, Shiva, Black Canary, Starfire, Richard Dragon, and dozens of other martial artists to increase her repoitoire.

And unfortunately for Robin, Wonder Woman's I Ching saga is now back in continuity. That means all the Pre-Crisis tales of WW being powerless and blowing through entire armies using her training is viable proof of her skill.

Robin isn't anywhere near her skill level....

He's only had about a half decade of training (he became Robin III at age 13. He's stated to be about 17 to 18 right now). Every single one of his teachers have already taught Diana to a much longer length.

I mean, really, this is a no-brainer.

And Black Canary is a top-tier fighter now. She's arguably better than Nightwing due to her new training as she followed the path of Shiva. Robin doesn't hold a candle to her.

I would say that Robin is a better fighter than Wonder-Girl though...

I wouldn't say she's better than NW cause he and Bruce and Tim all during the year went training around the world where Bruce did during the 52 year.

Draco69
I wouldn't say she's better than NW cause he and Bruce and Tim all during the year went training around the world where Bruce did during the 52 year.

Actually Nightwing skipped out of the training after about 6 weeks. Remember, he went back to Gotham to help out the new Batwoman?

Black Canary however spent the year in 52 following the path of Shiva. So she's probably better than him.

Noone has Nightwing beat in agility though.

Validus
There's nothing cosmic about Karate Kid.

capt it up
There's nothing cosmic about Karate Kid.
Cosmic Tier: (Universal Martial Artists)
Champion of the Universe, Gamora, Karate Kid, Mantis, Thanos

it just a tier man you don't have to have cosmic powers to be in it since the tier is based off skills

Lucid Lui
"Ayo" as in "let's go"?

WorldWarHulk

no I ment she was second tier meaning in leagues with DD and black panther..........though I even doubt she that skilled. Black Panther?
So, cosmic tier?

WrathfulDwarf
In HTH going by the skills consistently shown by either.

I know someone is going to come in with scans, or examples of WW doing extremely rare showings of skill against people like Shiva and Bruce, but that's clearly not her consistent level.

WW consistently shows that she's as formidable in hth, as a woman who took self defense classes at the local YMCA.

Batman is the dude who trained the guy who inspired the guy who teaches the self defense class WW is in.

Robin is the guy who spars with the guy who inspired the man who teaches WW self defense class.

WW = A c-List hth combatant, true story?

Yep....WW gets pimp slap all the time.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.