Amazons Attack!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathstroke
I'm not very familiar with Wonder Woman characters, but I thought that issue #1 was really cool. The art was really good, and I thought it was interesting that this idea was originally supposed to be the 5th mini-series that tied into Infinite Crisis.

Questions:

Do all amazons have magic weapons and/or armor?

Are regular amazons physically superior to humans?

What is Wonder Woman's relationship like with her mother?

WrathfulDwarf
I was really interested on the series...until I saw Wil Pfeifer name attached. I just have some issues with him back in Catwoman.

Superherovandal
They are all stronger than normal humans. I think around Spidey strength and speed right?

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Superherovandal
They are all stronger than normal humans. I think around Spidey strength and speed right?

Thanks.

That makes their army a lot more formidable than I originally thought.

Superherovandal
they might be stronger i'm not sure...

Deathstroke
Alright, so apparently I'm the only one that bought the first issue so far. Would any Wonder Woman experts have any answers for my other two questions?

Draco69
Amazons are not human. They, like Diana, were made from clay. Except it was clay from a bottom of a lake.

They're much stronger, much faster, and more durable than humans. They're regularly seen lifting buildings, catching arrows of the air and healing from wounds in an hour's time.

I would place them around 5 to 10 tons in strength. Also they're swift enough to deflect gunfire with their own bracelets (but not crazy gunfire like machine guns or something).

All Amazons CAN have magical armour or weapons if they're blessed by the Gods. Like Ares or Hephaestus. If it's blessed by Hephaestus than it's gonna be indestructible. If it's blessed by Are's, it can kill nearly anything (it can even hurt the gods) with the slightest cut.

Normally they use Themyscrian steel.

I haven't bought it yet. On Friday I will. Obviously the Amazons will yet AGAIN be subject to another mass genocide where thousands of Amazons die and WW has to save their asses....

Deathstroke
Thanks for the info, Draco. I've been trying to learn more about WW and the characters around her lately, and this is pretty much the first book I've bought having anything to do with her.

Draco69
Well, I heard that they behead a defenseless man and butcher a five-year-old boy four pages into the story...

I knew Pfieffer would f*ck up the Amazon's characterization...

Draco69
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Thanks for the info, Draco. I've been trying to learn more about WW and the characters around her lately, and this is pretty much the first book I've bought having anything to do with her.

I would buy Rucka's work. The only good WW stories that have come out in...well....a decade at least.

Validus
Originally posted by Draco69
Well, I heard that they behead a defenseless man and butcher a five-year-old boy four pages into the story...

I knew Pfieffer would f*ck up the Amazon's characterization...
I was waiting on this post. laughing out loud

Yeah, the characterization is pretty bad to say the least.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Draco69
I would buy Rucka's work. The only good WW stories that have come out in...well....a decade at least.

Has the new WW book not been very good?

Draco69
Originally posted by Validus
I was waiting on this post. laughing out loud

Yeah, the characterization is pretty bad to say the least.

Well, there's a theory that Circe has not only resurrected Hippolyta but has also resurrected previously dead Amazons.

And since Ares is Lord of the Underworld, he would likely have control over the Amazons.

So the title should really be:

ZOMBIE AMAZONS ATTACK!!

Draco69
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Has the new WW book not been very good?

No.

Not until issue #13 where Gail Simone thankfully takes over the reins...

I'm still hoping Rucka comes back.

UniOmni
Amazons i pegged as around Captain America level, but not as smart or truthful.

They're gonna get slaughted enmasse, with their silly purple death ray.......................blolooooll

PurpleDeath Ray = Danger Will Robinson era comics!

Grimm22
At least Heinberg's run on WW was well written, even if it took him 3 months to get an issue out

The author on it right now (whatever her name is), is doing a pisspoor job on the book.

Seriously, the last 2 issues have just been the same exact thing as Heinberg's arc except they were poorly written and the art was mediocre.

Validus
Yeah, I stopped reading after #4. I'll get back on when Gail's run starts.

UniOmni
Purple Death Ray ftwQ~!

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, I stopped reading after #4. I'll get back on when Gail's run starts.

Yeah, i'm dropping it until Simone gets on the book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.