This is why ONPANEL feats mean NOTHING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
A few days ago, I made a thread in which I thought we should use handbooks rather than onpanel feats as basis for debate because of the rampant amount of PIS that takes place. Remember, writers don't write comics to be consistent so fans can debate versus battles accurately, writers write whatever they think WILL SELL, and that means exciting but perhaps ludicrous ONPANEL showings.

I present Exhibit A for my argument on why debating comics based on ONPANEL feats is a hopeless endeavor. There are SO MANY things wrong in this page that I don't even know where to begin:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/834/scan0016re1.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Not a vs match.

Validus
Closed.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
A few days ago, I made a thread in which I thought we should use handbooks rather than onpanel feats as basis for debate because of the rampant amount of PIS that takes place. Remember, writers don't write comics to be consistent so fans can debate versus battles accurately, writers write whatever they think WILL SELL, and that means exciting but perhaps ludicrous ONPANEL showings.

I present Exhibit A for my argument on why debating comics based on ONPANEL feats is a hopeless endeavor. There are SO MANY things wrong in this page that I don't even know where to begin:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/834/scan0016re1.jpg

Comics are so silly. Makes SS defeating T & A really fake

bean_machine
People have descent mental faculties are able to distinguish between PIS panel feats and acceptable panel feats.

Panel feats are important and should not be disregarded, since handbooks are also incorrect at times.

A healthy combination of both panel feats and handbooks should be used when gauging a character and ALL PIS SHOULD BE IGNORED AT ALL TIMES.

BTW there is no arguing with people who do not possess decent mental faculties, since its like arguing with an animal.

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by Validus
Closed.

Ethereal
No, this is proof any writer can write characters how he wants and be ridiculous as he wants it to, and make it canon.

Symmetric Chaos
Isn't that a classic KarateKid move?

masterbruce
Originally posted by Ethereal
No, this is proof any writer can write characters how he wants and be ridiculous as he wants it to, and make it canon.

EXACTLY.

People may think writers know the history of characters and write consistent material to be placed into cannon, but the fact of the matter is those writers who truly respect cannon are really the minority.

StarsNeverFall7
Sadly, I sort of have to agree with MB here..there's a lot of times when ON PANEL feats are pretty far out there...espically seeing a lot of the time the writers know just as much or less about the character than the ones writing the handbooks..

Evil_Ash
I've had enough of this arguing between handbooks and on panel feats...

I'm following comic book cover feats from now on. ermmnone

DigiMark007
So, 1 feat (which actually tries to explain itself) is representative for ALL on-panel feats in the history of comicdom?!

Closed. If you want to argue based solely on handbooks, be my guest.

Just don't be a d*ck about it by presuming that your's is the only correct opinion and trying to force it upon us.

erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.