darthgoober's Amalgam Tournament Third Round Draft Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
And the characters drafted for the third round are...

Badabing
Round 3 Draft Pick!
Black Panther T'Challa - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%27Challa
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t405357.html

Badabing
classic non Ionic Wonderman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Man

Badabing
The Leader

Badabing
DEATH'S HEAD II

Badabing
Sebastian Shaw

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
Round 3 Draft Pick!
Black Panther T'Challa - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%27Challa
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t405357.html

Over the caps.

Badabing
The Leader The Leader has been changed to.......Prometheus.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Soljer
Over the caps.

Tearing arms off of Heralds >>>> Iron Man

yes

leonidas
Originally posted by Soljer
Over the caps.

laughing out loud

that armbar he threw ss in WAS pretty fuggin unstoppable!

laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Sebastian Shaw

erm

If he's not over the caps this is one clever pick.

Badabing
Cyber

Scoobless
Draft #3:

Black Panther
Wonderman
Prometheus
Death's Head II
Sebastian Shaw
Cyber

Blair Wind
Draft #3:

Black Panther
Wonderman
Prometheus
Death's Head II
Sebastian Shaw
Cyber

Scoobless
whistling

Badabing
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Draft #3:

Black Panther
Wonderman
Prometheus
Death's Head II
Sebastian Shaw
Cyber
Bastion.

Blair Wind
no expression

This guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_%28comics%29

Powers:
As a mystical fusion of the Master Mold and Nimrod, Bastion possessed many abilities including enhanced strength, speed, and endurance. Bastion could fly by means of boot jets, as well as fire concussive energy blasts from his hands. He also proved immune to telepathic probes. As a by-product of the Siege Perilous' magic, Bastion's essence is seemingly immortal. In the comics, Bastion had the ability to turn people into what he called the Prime Sentinels just by looking at them.

Devil Lance
no expression

This guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_%28comics%29

Powers:
As a mystical fusion of the Master Mold and Nimrod, Bastion possessed many abilities including enhanced strength, speed, and endurance. Bastion could fly by means of boot jets, as well as fire concussive energy blasts from his hands. He also proved immune to telepathic probes. As a by-product of the Siege Perilous' magic, Bastion's essence is seemingly immortal. In the comics, Bastion had the ability to turn people into what he called the Prime Sentinels just by looking at them.

Umm Yeah.........................banned

Symmetric Chaos
In the comics, Bastion had the ability to turn people into what he called the Prime Sentinels just by looking at them.

Isn't that done by an implant not sight?

Blair Wind
I dunno. Only thing that got me is that he immune to all mutant powers (according to wiki)

Symmetric Chaos
I dunno. Only thing that got me is that he immune to all mutant powers (according to wiki)

That doesn't put him over IM at all.

Scoobless
If Nimrod is over the limits, why wouldn't Bastion be over as well?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
If Nimrod is over the limits, why wouldn't Bastion be over as well?

I actually chatted with goob about this. Nimrod has some "regenerate from space dust" type feats. Bastion may presumably be higher, but what has he actually done? His list of battles and feats that I was able to dig up didn't seem too impressive.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Scoobless
Bastion pretty much is Nimrod.

leonidas
what are some of his appearances. i could check him out. erm

maybe . . .

Scoobless
He was around for the whole "Zero Tolerance" thing.

DigiMark007
So I got PMd a pick. Hopefully I can act in goob's absence as the "notifier of picks"

Anyway:
Black Knight
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/blackknighti.htm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So I got PMd a pick. Hopefully I can act in goob's absence as the "notifier of picks"

Anyway:
Black Knight
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/blackknighti.htm

Can't be killed.

DigiMark007
Ah crap. Forgot to mention this:

Black Knight is not a pick for Round #3. He's a replacement pick for Speedfreek.

As for the "can't kill"....he's obviously not past IM in overall power set, so that seems to be the only sticking point...and it revolves around an enchantment on the sword. If we follow the "They have to be under IM before any possible neutering", he's safe. And I doubt anyone would have a strong objection to taking out a can't-die stipulation on a character.

Scoobless
Ah crap. Forgot to mention this:

Black Knight is not a pick for Round #3. He's a replacement pick for Speedfreek.

Someone really wants to cut sh*t up, don't they.

no expression

Newjak
Someone really wants to cut sh*t up, don't they.

no expression shifty

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
New pick (round 3 this time)

Cannonball

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=80

Blair Wind
Thats actually a pretty good pick smile

TricksterPriest
I actually chatted with goob about this. Nimrod has some "regenerate from space dust" type feats. Bastion may presumably be higher, but what has he actually done? His list of battles and feats that I was able to dig up didn't seem too impressive.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Bastion does not have Nimrod's powers. Cable blew his head off with one of his guns.

And he can activate the implants, but he can't look at someone and make them a prime sentinel.

Edit: However, the immunity is correct.

Entity
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bastion does not have Nimrod's powers. Cable blew his head off with one of his guns.

And he can activate the implants, but he can't look at someone and make them a prime sentinel.

Edit: However, the immunity is correct. Humm who picked him then? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DigiMark007
Oh, and let me voice a vote against Grail. Kid's too far beyond any version of IM to be salvagable. There's some nigh-lightspeed herald type feats in his feat history.

TricksterPriest
Someone drafted him in Evangel's last tourney as a herald pick. Kick em. thumb down

SpunkySmurph
This round was pretty easy to guess who picked who...

Blair Wind
so guess for everyone

SpunkySmurph
Sebastian Shaw Excellent Pick.

SpunkySmurph
so guess Is that a challenge?

Blair Wind
yeap stick out tongue

Put your guesses in the Odds thread smile

Blair Wind

Doesnt the immunity to all mutants kinda make him >>>Ironman? confused

TricksterPriest
not according to 3 judges I pmed. And yeah, he's mine. seeing as how everyone has probably figured it out. stick out tongue

SpunkySmurph
Doesnt the immunity to all mutants kinda make him >>>Ironman? confused No. no expression

Validus
Doesnt the immunity to all mutants kinda make him >>>Ironman? confused
ermmnone

long pig
Am I supposed to draft all three right now? Wtf?

TricksterPriest
Send your picks to Badabing or Goober. They'll take care of it. Since you're a late comer to this tournament, they'll make an exception for you.

long pig
b

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by long pig
Am I supposed to draft all three right now? Wtf? Ha. no expression

long pig
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Ha. no expression
Dude, I haven't even drafted one yet and Eth's suck. So, ha to you too.

Ethereal
Dude, I haven't even drafted one yet and Eth's suck. So, ha to you too.

How do you know who I picked?

long pig
Originally posted by Ethereal
How do you know who I picked?
I don't. I just assumed.

heh big grin

Nah, I just thought up a couple characters who compliment the others, that's all.

Who DID you pick, btw?

Ethereal
I don't. I just assumed.

heh big grin

Nah, I just thought up a couple characters who compliment the others, that's all.

Who DID you pick, btw?

embarrasment lol

mad

But that info is confidential, but if you have yours, give me a PM.

SpunkySmurph
Dude, I haven't even drafted one yet and Eth's suck. So, ha to you too. Just PM Darth, I suppose. srug

Roldz

No Tricks! Bastion is Nimrod, heck current version of him equals Nimrod/Gatekeeper/techno-organic mesh tech.. Way above Cap..

Scoobless
How long do we have if anyone wants to switch any drafts?

leonidas
still a bunch of picks that need to be made and a couple final rulings that need to be made. sad

1.Hank Pym
2.Hawkman
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Spartan

Draft #2

(1)Indigo
(2)Fixer
(3)The Spot
(4)Sabertooth
(5)Moonstone II
(6)Cosmic King - Matter manip bannable?
(7)Invincible - needs banning
(8)Colossus
(9).Grail - may be bannable
(10)
(11)Shimmer - Matter manip bannable?
(12)Umbra/Shadow Lass

Draft #3:

1. Black Panther
2. Wonderman
3. Prometheus
4. Death's Head II
5. Sebastian Shaw
6. Cyber
7. Cannonball
8. Bastion - Immune to all mutants?!

so goob: is there a time limit on picks? when will matches start? and what is the final word on the questionable picks above. no one has shown anything to prove indigo is above caps. no one has showed anything to prove warlock is above caps. (is infection with techno-virus considered matter manip on an opponent . . .? confused )

grail and invincible seem to be large question marks, and so little is known on cosmic king that we may need to wait to see what he can do in battles before fully deciding. erm again i'm not too sure on shimmer. does someone have a bio for her?

bastion being immune to mutants is a tough call. overall his power is not above caps but it does seem to be a little loophole-ish in that he'll gain a huge advantage from the ability. goob's decision.

and a big PS--is there going to be a confirmation thread, goob?

CasanoVa
Invincible? I don't think he should be banned, he's like a weaker Superboy (who can't fly anywhere near as fast).

erm, so a NO against banning Invincible from me.

Scoobless
So is Badabing in charge of the drafts whenever DG isn't on then?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Roldz
No Tricks! Bastion is Nimrod, heck current version of him equals Nimrod/Gatekeeper/techno-organic mesh tech.. Way above Cap..

I drafted the version of him from Zero Tolerance. And that one is NOT above the caps.

Badabing
Sorry for the delays everybody. I blew out my ethernet card last night and had to work today. Thanks to everybody for pitching in and keeping the draft up to date.

Martian_mind
I say Bastion is a freakingt loophole Character....so A yes to Ban him.

Roldz
Hey whats a loophole chars? How do we know that certain chars are loophole? big grin
Ive drafted chars that suits my strategies for this tourny but dont know if they're within the loophole confused1 embarrasment ..

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I say Bastion is a freakingt loophole Character....so A yes to Ban him.

Frell you martian. you and everyone else are just pissed you didn't think of him first. stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Well,picking within the caps shortens you horizens like that stick out tongue

So you think any matter manip,no matter how small or restricted is bannable and over the caps,but total immunity to muties isn't?

......I have never met this person before in my life... stick out tongue

leonidas
confirmation thread is tonight, right? anyone know how many characters we are allowed to swap out of our amalgam? can we switch all 3 for 3 new ones?

leonidas
just to keep the list fresh:

1.Hank Pym
2.Hawkman
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Spartan

Draft #2

(1)Indigo
(2)Fixer
(3)The Spot
(4)Sabertooth
(5)Moonstone II
(8)Colossus
(10)
(12)Umbra/Shadow Lass

Draft #3:

1. Black Panther
2. Wonderman
3. Prometheus
4. Death's Head II
5. Sebastian Shaw
6. Cyber
7. Cannonball

CasanoVa
Invincible doesn't need banning erm

Scoobless
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Invincible doesn't need banning erm

hmm .... maybe.

leonidas
hmmm . . .

leonidas
bored

Scoobless
What are the limits to Shaw's kinetic energy absorbtion/strength boost? obviously it doesn't just keep going forever but does the top range of it still have him at Abomination level?

TricksterPriest
I heard Storm's lightning has overloaded him. so your guess is as good as mine. shrug Does Shaw have a respect thread?

Scoobless
It's just that I see Abomination level as around the limit of the brick cap and if Shaw can keep getting stronger beyond that he may be OTT.

wink

TricksterPriest
The point is taken. I've seen a scan of an amped Rogue w/e She-Hulk's strength, punch Shaw with a high speed dash, and he then one-shotted her to the wall.

We need a ruling.

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/2/29/Black_King_vs_Xmen.JPG

found this on marvel database.

leonidas
i don't think even maxed he is a match for abomination. i'm not 100% though, from from what i've seen i'm not certain he gets much past (if he reaches) basic cl100.

CasanoVa
My opinion? He shouldn't be banned, there are several ways to defeat him other than brute strength and he has been over-loaded before using strengh, has he not?

illadelph12
FYI:

As a judge I will not consider Black Panther's armbar as a one shot kill attack, and it is legal.

However, the Big Boot and Leg Drop Combo, Million Dollar Dream, Sweet Chin Music, PerfectPlex, and the Rude Awakening are banned. As is the Ghetto Blaster, Sharpshooter, Rock Bottom and Lion Tamer.

The Figure Four Leg Lock is a herald level attack and it should go without saying that it's not a viable attack in this level of tournament.

That is all.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by illadelph12
FYI:

As a judge I will not consider Black Panther's armbar as a one shot kill attack, and it is legal.

However, the Big Boot and Leg Drop Combo, Million Dollar Dream, Sweet Chin Music, PerfectPlex, and the Rude Awakening are banned. As is the Ghetto Blaster, Sharpshooter, Rock Bottom and Lion Tamer.

The Figure Four Leg Lock is a herald level attack and it should go without saying that it's not a viable attack in this level of tournament.

That is all.

laughing

I agree that Shaw shouldn't be banned. But it would be nice to get his limits out in the open. As for brute strength overload......I can't recall any times that happened. sad

Scoobless
My opinion? He shouldn't be banned, there are several ways to defeat him other than brute strength and he has been over-loaded before using strengh, has he not?

Everyone has been defeated ... but this guy has one shot KOd Colossus before:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2108/axm15009uq9.th.jpg http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/713/axm15013il4.th.jpg http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2787/axm15021md2.th.jpg http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4305/axm15022cc8.th.jpg

Is that above IM level?

leonidas

i'd never agree he should be banned. just saying based on what i've seen i don't think he's clearly been shown at or above cl100. an amped ironman could easily reach or surpass that level and with an amalgam, that would be easy to achieve. erm

ban ironman from an ironman level tournament . . . shifty

CasanoVa
Everyone has been defeated ... but this guy has one shot KOd Colossus before:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2108/axm15009uq9.th.jpg http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/713/axm15013il4.th.jpg http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2787/axm15021md2.th.jpg http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4305/axm15022cc8.th.jpg

Is that above IM level?

It would be if it wasn't an illusion erm

CasanoVa
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd never agree he should be banned. just saying based on what i've seen i don't think he's clearly been shown at or above cl100. an amped ironman could easily reach or surpass that level and with an amalgam, that would be easy to achieve. erm

ban ironman from an ironman level tournament . . . shifty

My post was directed to Trickester stick out tongue

EDIT- TP you lazy bastard, that's your job.. find out yourself stick out tongue -EDIT

Scoobless
It would be if it wasn't an illusion erm

It was? I haven't read much of AXM, just happened to have that one.

leonidas
My post was directed to Trickester stick out tongue

just thought you'd want an intelligible answer.

wink

ExodusCloak

Yeah Emma does nice work. stick out tongue

CasanoVa

Yeah, Cassandra Nova (Manipulating Emma Frost) Made her poject illusions of Hellfire club members appearing to every member of the AXM and kinda pit the team against each other. When Cyclops woke up he stated that Shaw was never there, Colossus was just fighting himself. He then continued to shoot up the illusions with pin-point accuracy, quite an amusing moment.

TricksterPriest
laughing

I agree that Shaw shouldn't be banned. But it would be nice to get his limits out in the open. As for brute strength overload......I can't recall any times that happened. sad

And I'm lazy, why should I? I've got enough trouble getting the scans for my team, why should I get them for yours? laughing

Badabing
I just got a PM and now the list is updated.

1.Hank Pym
2.Hawkman
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Spartan

Draft #2

(1)Indigo
(2)Fixer
(3)The Spot
(4)Sabertooth
(5)Moonstone II
(8)Colossus
(10)
(12)Umbra/Shadow Lass

Draft #3:

1. Black Panther
2. Wonderman
3. Prometheus
4. Death's Head II
5. Sebastian Shaw
6. Cyber - Sasquatch
7. Cannonball

Symmetric Chaos
Ummm . . . Munji might have something to say about that.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ummm . . . Munji might have something to say about that.

Munji? haermm You fail Anime Boy, You fail.

Symmetric Chaos
Munji? blah blah blah Anime blah, blah blah.

What?

TricksterPriest
Munji? haermm You fail Anime Boy, You fail.

Mungi, munji, whatever, get the stupid canadian AF fanboy in here. stick out tongue Cause I recall his AF respect putting Sasquatch as around CL100.

Scoobless

6. Cyber - Sasquatch

I was about to ask how you put a line through stuff, but I just saw the code when I quoted it.

Mungi, munji, whatever, get the stupid canadian AF fanboy in here. stick out tongue Cause I recall his AF respect putting Sasquatch as around CL100.

Meh, he's not any worse than Abomination or Wonderman ... in fact Wonderman may still be the (physically) strongest draft character

CasanoVa
Meh, he's not any worse than Abomination or Wonderman ... in fact Wonderman may still be the (physically) strongest draft character

Co-signed with Scoob right about here; Wonderman was a top pick, after all if you Thor's over the caps, pick somebody who's punches as hard as blows from Mjolnir.

I applaud whoever picked him.

TricksterPriest
yes You think he's bad, you should see his Guardians of the Galaxy incarnation: "Hollywood". He's around low-mid tier herald.

Edit: laughing Mad props to whoever snagged Wonder Man. I was considering him too.

Scoobless
yes You think he's bad, you should see his Guardians of the Galaxy incarnation: "Hollywood". He's around low-mid tier herald.

Yeah, that b!tch just kept getting stronger.

laughing Mad props to whoever snagged Wonder Man. I was considering him too.

Tx .... evil face

leonidas
wonderman>sasquatch.

leonidas
i'm not generally one for banning, but . . . NOW i recall shimmer.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7971/shimmer2ku2.th.jpg

er, that's JADE above, who's blasting her. she's either transmuting jade's energy, or she is simply invulnerable. either way . . .

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4100/shimmer3aj1.th.jpg

that's fuggin SHIFT she transmuted -- he's basically a METAMORPHO clone! she turned him into stone then mammoth obliterated him . . .

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7683/shimmer1wx1.th.jpg

don't see why she couldn't do this to EVERYONE in the tournament -- or instead of water make it acid, or cement, or . . . blink

anyway, like i said, i don't like to call for bans, but i see no way that power can be stopped. she could easily simply transmute tony's armor into glass.

with her transmutation powers, she is quite CLEARLY beyond ironman. erm

(oh, and in the last scan note the arrow in her back that arsenal fired to try and take her down . . . )

TricksterPriest
scared Ok............I think she's probably gonna be gone. nosweat

leonidas
scared Ok............I think she's probably gonna be gone. nosweat

you'd think. erm

shift and jade are . . . pretty damn tough. shift was able to transmute indigo into flesh and kill her. no expression

Badabing
1.Hank Pym
2.Hawkman
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Spartan

Draft #2

(1)Indigo
(2)Fixer
(3)The Spot
(4)Sabertooth
(5)Moonstone II
(8)Colossus
(10)
(12)Umbra/Shadow Lass

Draft #3:

1. Black Panther
2. Wonderman
3. Prometheus
4. Death's Head II
5. Sebastian Shaw
6. Cyber - Sasquatch
7. Cannonball
9. Aqua Man (Waterbearer hand)

Blair Wind
aquaman with the magic water hand? I dont know about that. Anyone who knows more about it?

leonidas
he rarely uses it, so i'm not sure exactly what it's capable of. erm

TricksterPriest
Wiki wasn't very helpful in that regard.

But DC database had some info. http://dcdatabaseproject.com/Aquaman_%28Orin/Arthur_Curry%29

Waterbearer Hand

* Molecular Manipulation: Aquaman can alter the shape and density of the hand.

* Healing: It possesses healing properties.

* Farsight: Can be used as a scrying pool.

* Negate Magic: Can negate other magics.

* Prolong Adaptation: Significantly increases the time Aquaman can spend out of water.

* Independent Life: The hand can be separated from Aquaman and continue to work.

leonidas
there are a few scans in the respect thread lucid made, but not too many . . .

it does seem to raise his strength to cl100.

lots of cl100's running around all of a sudden. difference is arthur has loads of OTHER powers and is a lot more versatile than wonderman or abomination . . .

TricksterPriest
Wonderman is probably over the cap. He's taken it to Thor, Hulk, Vision, done decently against Nefaria, held 50,000lb press, etc.

whistle I think it may be time to call in a strength cap.

Symmetric Chaos
held 50,000lb press

no expression Thats 25 tons . . .

Badabing
Wonderman is probably over the cap. He's taken it to Thor, Hulk, Vision, done decently against Nefaria, held 50,000lb press, etc.

whistle I think it may be time to call in a strength cap.
no expression Thats 25 tons . . . OWNED! dur

DigiMark007
About stupid-magic hand man:

A lot of those things seem suspiciously like "powers", not "body" things. It would be logical to assume most of that other stuff would be getting neutered once the amalgam is put together.

Badabing
About stupid-magic hand man:

A lot of those things seem suspiciously like "powers", not "body" things. It would be logical to assume most of that other stuff would be getting neutered once the amalgam is put together. I agree.

Martian_mind
Shimmer isn't allowed to manipulate any organic matter in the tourney is she?plus she just turned Jade's blast into sand,it wasn't a durability feat..

again i can't see her doing the shift thing,so i'd let whoever has her have hewr.without direct manipulation her powers not useful as before....

TricksterPriest
no expression Thats 25 tons . . .

Oops. embarrasment Yeah, I just rechecked that one. Sorry, I was off by a few orders of magnitude.

It was 50,000 TONS.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9323/avengers192075xt.jpg

darthgoober
I just posted the conformation thread, so I'll be handling issue's with the drafted character's there now.

illadelph12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.