Robert Garcia and Ryo Saakzaki (as Mr. Karate) vs Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Ryo wasn't ready to take on the mantle of Mr. Karate, following his father's retirement from fighting.

Now he has no choice.

Takuma is in the hospital. While training his students at the dojo, the Master of Fists himself appeared. Several of his students were killed and Takuma himself was maimed, only the Haohshikouken saving himself from Akuma's attacks.

Luckily, Yuri was out with friends and was spared Akuma's onslaught.

Vowing revenge, Ryo dons a black karate gi and assumes the title of Mr. Karate. He and Robert seek out the only person who can help them: their Ansatuken rival, Ryu.

Upon arriving at the Masters Estate in San Francisco where Ryu is visiting Ken for their annual spar, Ryu is sympathetic to their plight, but knows full well of what is ahead of them.

Ryu: You both are going after Akuma?

Ken: Are you two crazy?! I mean, sorry for the school and everything, but you two don't stand a chance against him! Ryu barely survived his past encounters with the madman.

Ryo: So you two know him?

Ryu: Know him? He is the brother of out late sensei, Master Gouken, as well as his murderer.

Ryo and Robert:...

Ken: Our fighting style of Ansatsuken was originally a fighting style with the ability to kill their opponent in one blow. Both Gouken and Akuma were trained by Master Gotetsu.

Ryu: However, Gouken refused to embrace the killing style and toned down many of its techniques, while Akuma embraced the killing style, intending to use it to full effectiveness, including the ultimate technique, the Shungokusatsu.

Robert: What's so special about that technique?

Ryu: In a nutshell, depending on how much negative karma you gained over your life, your death can be extremely painful or instant. As a result, the martial artist performing the technique also puts their life in danger. The only way you can defend against it is by simply clearing the mind of all desire, guilt, hatred, and anger. Only Master Gen and myself had survived by this way.

Ryo: Where can we find him?

Ryu:...Kiga Cave, near what used to be Onigami Island. Be warned: when Akuma fights, it is to the death.

Taking their rivals' warnings to heart, Ryo and Robert travel to Japan and find Kiga Cave. Sure enough, they find him: the dark man with the gray-streaked red hair shaped like a flaming lotus bud and the black gi with the kanji 'ten' on the back.

Akuma: You were right, Gen...Each victory is a missed opportunity to die...

Ryo: You want to die? We can arrange that!

Akuma turns around and sees a furious Robert and Ryo-er, Mr. Karate.

Akuma: You dare invade my sanctuary?

Robert: You attacked our dojo...and killed several of our friends...

Ryo: And you nearly killed my father.

Akuma: (chuckles) So...the son and the student wish to test their mettle and avenge their dojo. Hmm...your ki is strong...very strong. You two will be target pratice before I make Ryu my pupil in the Dark Hadou. (goes into horse stance and powers up) I am Akuma, the Supreme Master of the Fists! You will fulfill your purpose in life...by allowing me to end it!

Akuma: Third Strike version

Ryo and Robert: Whichever version is strongest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.