Black Panther vs Living Tribunal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ethereal
So BP has LT's M Body in a grappling hold (since his form is humanoid afterall)

BP isn't really that weak, personally I dont think LT has shit on em'

rolling on floor laughing

Mr Master
Originally posted by Ethereal
So BP has LT's M Body in a hold (since it's humanoid afterall)

messed laughing

Ethereal
I'm just waiting on the next FF issue when T'challa comes back with a group of trained Wakandan's to pin down Galactus until he says uncle.

guy222
So BP has LT's M Body in a grappling hold (since his form is humanoid afterall)

rolling on floor laughing

Living Tribunal kills T'Challa. Guy222

jinzin
why is this even a thread.. EVERYONE knows wakandan ANYTHING>>>>> UNIVERSE!!!

it's just.. that.. simple.

Mr Master
I'm just waiting on the next FF issue when T'challa comes back with a group of trained Wakandan's to pin down Galactus until he says uncle.

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

His Airness
Racist. pissed

Entity
Spite!

T'Challa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Living Tribunal.

Hell, T'Challa = Heart of the Universe.

Secertly thats what the heart shaped herb is. Just ask Hudlin. lol

guy222
Originally posted by Entity
Spite!

T'Challa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Living Tribunal.

LMAO...No one is above LT save his master, TOAA

I used herbs for my cold

jinzin
Originally posted by guy222
LMAO...No one is above LT save his master, TOAA

I used herbs for my cold

clearly you know nothing of the term WAKANDAN which roughly translates in our tongue to: I'll pwn the universes collective ass! mad

Ethereal
Originally posted by Entity
Spite!

You know... where was BP during The End Saga?

hmm

guy222
Originally posted by jinzin
clearly you know nothing of the term WAKANDAN which roughly translates in our tongue to: I'll pwn the universes collective ass! mad

laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
hysterical At this point, I'd say Black Panther's rep has been destroyed for quite a while.

His Airness
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
hysterical At this point, I'd say Black Panther's rep has been destroyed for quite a while.

Your all racist. thumbdown

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by His Airness
Your all racist. thumbdown Just like Dr. Doom, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

His Airness
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Just like Dr. Doom, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Right. thumbup1

WorldWarHulk
You know... where was BP during The End Saga?

hmm He was there... just look the comic over again...
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8/theend0618tatoyz5.th.jpg
shifty

Francisco
laughing out loud At this point BP has been selling more than ever before... Haters just can't handle it... roll eyes (sarcastic)

guy222
Originally posted by Francisco
At this point BP has been selling more than ever before... Haters just can't handle it... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Roll your eyes at who. I have no problem with T'Challa winning over SS. He's not using a wrestling move on Living Tribunal. Simple

celestialdemon
Black Panther would put the sleeper hold on the LT and make all three faces pass out in seconds.

Symmetric Chaos
Ya know the hold he used on SS doesn't really apply to the LT.

Surfer is the size of a human so it's at least possible for BP to put him into a lock for a moment.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ya know the hold he used on SS doesn't really apply to the LT.

Surfer is the size of a human so it's at least possible for BP to put him into a lock for a moment.

No. no expression.

It isn't.

seaapple
Ok, this thread is ridiculous. Spite, etc.

But, some of the responses to the current incarnation of Black Panther are too strong as well. It's something like the responses to Storm. Because some constantly overrate the character others unduly detract.

To argue a little bit on the other side...the old Kirby Black Panther was meant to be a strong character. If we can have technically advanced characters like Dr. Doom, Reed Richards, Batman (according to some...), Tony Starks, etc. then why not have a powerful Black Panther character. This isn't to say the Black Panther is the same as those characters in gadgets or technology, but just to say "why not have him be a powerful character?" Just because the character played a minor role for some years I don't think that we have to detract from him now. In some ways the current version lives up to the original promise more than past versions. I think it's a pretty cool thing to have a character like that with this technically advanced African kingdom. It makes the character much more interesting than just some mid-level panther guy with enhanced reflexes. Some may say that he is too powerful now, but that is easy, just scale up the opponents.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
No. no expression.

It isn't.

Assuming SS doesn't phase or use any of his powers besides strength a hold could work.

Obviously it shouldn't happen since SS has powers other than strength and flight but a lock is theoretically possible.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Assuming SS doesn't phase or use any of his powers besides strength a hold could work.

Obviously it shouldn't happen since SS has powers other than strength and flight but a lock is theoretically possible.

Uhh...no?

That only works between two humans because the strength discrepancy is small. Even between a hundred pound woman and a three hundred pound man, the strength difference is within a few hundred pounds.

Between the Surfer and T'Challa it is billions of tons. no expression.

celestialdemon
Okay, I don't think people are understanding just how ridiculous it is for Black Panther to hold SS like that. Black Panther has arguably peak human strength. He can lift a few hundred pounds. SS is a damn cosmic being who can lift 100 TONS. Being very generous to T'Challa and assume he can lift 800 pounds, SS can lift AT LEAST 250 times more than he can. There's no way he should have been able to hold SS for even a second.

guy222
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Black Panther would put the sleeper hold on the LT and make all three faces pass out in seconds.

LMAO

Tenebrous
This isn't to say the Black Panther is the same as those characters in gadgets or technology, but just to say "why not have him be a powerful character?" Just because the character played a minor role for some years I don't think that we have to detract from him now. In some ways the current version lives up to the original promise more than past versions. I think it's a pretty cool thing to have a character like that with this technically advanced African kingdom. It makes the character much more interesting than just some mid-level panther guy with enhanced reflexes. Some may say that he is too powerful now, but that is easy, just scale up the opponents.

By all means advance the character of BP. But I detract from him now because of the way it's been done. You're saying scale up the opponents? He's gone to the very top with the Silver Surfer and put him into a submission hold. I detract from him now because the very notion that a man with peak physical conditioning can subdue a cosmic entity- a being transformed by a force older than the universe itself-with a ****ing armlock.

If you want to talk Jack Kirby...Kirby stated that his insipration for Galactus came straight from the Bible-God Himself. In a TV invertivew Kirby recongized and acknowledged that Galactus was the first character of his kind in comics...a depiction of a God-like force that was above all human concerns.

So now we have BP subdue an agent of the comic industry's first equivalent of the concept of God on panel. Absurd.

Make BP an interesting character, of course. But not like this.

guy222
Okay, I don't think people are understanding just how ridiculous it is for Black Panther to hold SS like that. Black Panther has arguably peak human strength. He can lift a few hundred pounds. SS is a damn cosmic being who can lift 100 TONS. Being very generous to T'Challa and assume he can lift 800 pounds, SS can lift AT LEAST 250 times more than he can. There's no way he should have been able to hold SS for even a second.

SS shouldn't have defeated T & A

Soljer
SS shouldn't have defeated T & A

The Surfer defeating T&A was fine. He used a plot device.

If T'Challa used some plot device Wakandan Tech and stopped the Surfer, I'd be fine with it. It's nothing Doom hasn't done.

But he didn't.

T'Challa putting the Surfer in an armlock is worse than if Surfer had just blasted the shit out of T&A and put them down.

Tenebrous

Even then, the point is moot. Silver Surfer does not eat, breath, or sleep.

So we are now led to believe that he has muscle groups like a humanoid? That his circulation system delivers oxgyen to muscle tissue, which rips and tears under stress?

It's common knowledge that the workings of Galactus are so beyond human ken that it's unexplainable. That was Kirby's original intention.

And now we have T'Challa destroy all that with a simple hold.

Might as well have BP do a Ric Flair strut while striking LT down with a Dusty Rhodes American Dream Bionic Elbow.

grey fox
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1008/bpsig2zk7.jpg

Soljer
Originally posted by Tenebrous

So we are now led to believe that he has muscle groups like a humanoid? That his circulation system delivers oxgyen to muscle tissue, which rips and tears under stress?

It's common knowledge that the workings of Galactus are so beyond human ken that it's unexplainable. That was Kirby's original intention.

Might as well have BP do a Ric Flair strut while striking LT down with a Dusty Rhodes American Dream Bionic Elbow.

As you said, the Surfer doesn't have muscle, bone, or tissue. His cosmic sheen goes throughout his entire body....

As we saw when the Surfer lost an arm and a leg to the Big Crunch energies - he was pure 'silver.'

celestialdemon
Originally posted by grey fox
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1008/bpsig2zk7.jpg

LOL. That rocks! I must have a sig like that!

LORDSIDIOUS01
LOL. That rocks! I must have a sig like that!

LT wins

guy222
The Surfer defeating T&A was fine. He used a plot device.

If T'Challa used some plot device Wakandan Tech and stopped the Surfer, I'd be fine with it. It's nothing Doom hasn't done.

But he didn't.

T'Challa putting the Surfer in an armlock is worse than if Surfer had just blasted the shit out of T&A and put them down.

I had no problem with BP humbling SS. Norrin defeating two beings who have more power than himself and Galactus was silly

I agree about Doom

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
LT wins

wavey He does

Soljer
wavey He does

Not against the cosmic armbar....

don't shiv
face full of Vibranium laced Black Energy Pimpslap is all it takes.

and a judo hold.

guy222
Not against the cosmic armbar....

thumb up

guy222

Belly-to-Belly by Magnum TA laughing out loud

outavodka
Cosmic Armbar followed up by a Batkick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LT is down

celestialdemon

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

The hold looks a lot like Bob Backlund's Crossface Chickenwing hold. Next BP's gonig to do the Sting's Stinger Splash on Stardust followed by Bret Hart's Sharpshooter.

WOO!

Board Walker
hmm

illadelph12
Wait till Black Panther yells out "THIS IS WAKANDA!!!" and kicks Thor square in the chest and down into a bottomless pit.

That's when we'll reach a point of no return.

As for now, the armbar, while comical, does make sense. Yes, Surfer is a class Cosmic in strength, but leverage is leverage, and though T'Challa is weaker than Surfer it wasn't T'Challa's strength that was used on Surfer, it was Surfer's own strength that was used against him in the hold.

This will hopefully blow over soon, and honestly, I am glad the brotha is becoming a bigger player in the MU. Maybe they should get a different writer though who isn't so adamant about having every black character in Marvel be "homies" and will actually let things develop through natural progression (though I don't think it's too far off. T'Challa hasn't done anything Batman hasn't). I'd like for them to explore T'Challa's connection to the Panther God a bit deeper also. That could open up a whole different avenue of storylines for his character (and Storm's).

guy222
Originally posted by outavodka
Cosmic Armbar followed up by a Batkick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LT is down

Tombstone by the Undertaker. My avatar lips fall off laughing out loud

guy222
Originally posted by illadelph12
Wait till Black Panther yells out "THIS IS WAKANDA!!!" and kicks Thor square in the chest and down into a bottomless pit.

That's when we'll reach a point of no return.

As for now, the armbar, while comical, does make sense. Yes, Surfer is a class Cosmic in strength, but leverage is leverage, and though T'Challa is weaker than Surfer it wasn't T'Challa's strength that was used on Surfer, it was Surfer's own strength that was used against him in the hold.

This will hopefully blow over soon, and honestly, I am glad the brotha is becoming a bigger player in the MU. Maybe they should get a different writer though who isn't so adamant about having every black character in Marvel be "homies" and will actually let things develop through natural progression (though I don't think it's too far off. T'Challa hasn't done anything Batman hasn't). I'd like for them to explore T'Challa's connection to the Panther God a bit deeper also. That could open up a whole different avenue of storylines for his character (and Storm's).

U make a good point

guy222

The hold looks a lot like Bob Backlund's Crossface Chickenwing hold. Next BP's gonig to do the Sting's Stinger Splash on Stardust followed by Bret Hart's Sharpshooter.

WOO!

Nikita caught LT with the sickle laughing

miraclethree
that's what happens when a character is overrated on comic boards, Silver Surfer is nothing special, BP can't beat him but he can give him troubles

illadelph12
Nikita Koloff was the shit. On my all time favorite wrestlers list right next to Bad News Brown and the Steiner Bros.

illadelph12
Originally posted by miraclethree
that's what happens when a character is overrated on comic boards, Silver Surfer is nothing special, BP can't beat him but he can give him troubles

I wouldn't go that far. Silver Surfer should run through street levelers like a bucket of popcorn at the movies. He's not severely overrated, he's very, very powerful, he's just historically had a pacifist personality. BP should be a no contest. Anyone sub-Magneto should pretty much be a one-shot for him if he had a killer instinct like, say, Lobo.

Also, doesn't the current post Civil War arc take place prior to Annihilation?

guy222
Nikita Koloff was the shit. On my all time favorite wrestlers list right next to Bad News Brown and the Steiner Bros.

For sure smile Scott still wrestling

Tenebrous

WOO!

Can you say Ernest "The Cat" Miller? LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Miller

Black Panther vs. Living Tribunal, LT submits to the cosmic chickenwing. I can just hear jim ross calling that match right now.

"cosmic chickenwing! cosmic chickenwing! cosmic chickenwing!!!!"

guy222
Originally posted by miraclethree

I knew when T'Challa joined. Good things would happen. FF is a classic group. IMO, certain stories are good and bad. Latest FF issue is just that.

Madvillain
What comic does this happen in?? Im refering to BP choking the SS, which by the way is not plausible and just seem utterly ridiculous.

illadelph12
He didn't choke him.

He momentarily held Surfer in a reverse armbar/hammerlock (which, upon further analysis, does make a little sense).

The rest is just KMC Mania running wild, brother.

Priest
Originally posted by jinzin
why is this even a thread.. EVERYONE knows wakandan ANYTHING>>>>> UNIVERSE!!!

it's just.. that.. simple.
NO!
wakandan ANYTHING>>>>> OMNIVERSE!!!

Ethereal
Originally posted by Madvillain
What comic does this happen in?? Im refering to BP choking the SS, which by the way is not plausible and just seem utterly ridiculous.

The latest, greatest FF issue #545

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/da_herbman/scan0016.jpg

Acrosurge
What comic does this happen in?? Im refering to BP choking the SS, which by the way is not plausible and just seem utterly ridiculous. Not only does BP put Surfer in a lock, he actually caused him to cry out in pain (immediately after Surfer waded through Storm's best with nary a scratch)! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Madvillain
is he using some sort of device? clearly silver surfer winced in pain.

Priest
is he using some sort of device? clearly silver surfer winced in pain.
well i would be in pain if my arm was closed to getting ripped off. eek!

Ethereal
That device was life support so the FF could breath in space. (Ben, Johnny, Ororo had one)

illadelph12
Having been placed in a similar arm lock by a police officer (and I should have sued, I didn't commit any crime whatsoever and was simply a bystander), I can attest that that shit hurts like a m*thaf*cka.

Tenebrous
Having been placed in a similar arm lock by a police officer (and I should have sued, I didn't commit any crime whatsoever and was simply a bystander), I can attest that that shit hurts like a m*thaf*cka.

hah yeah that shit hurts. but the silver fukkin surfer, herald of galactus, doesn't exactly equal you in the real world.

anyway BP shoulda been hurt.

Tron
Ummm, do I really need to explain why I'm closing this? no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.