ESB Luke & TPM Obi-Wan vs. AOTC Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Obi-Wan is in hs little PO'ed state.

The fight is in the hanger where Ani fought Dooku.

Who takes it?

Nikkolas
ESB- Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK6ch_vpoh8

He's not using Form Lightsaber bat...it's a very good fight, I thought.

AOTC - Anakin vs. Dooku. Starts at about 1:38.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_1GmEJw8v8

darthsith19
The duo - TPM kenobi alone is close and could maybe do it. Luke isn't that great but he's good enough to definately turn the fight in the favor of Obi-Wan, though i doubt Anakin will be getting cocky in this fight since he's going up against 2 Jedi at once. But they still win comfortably.

vader11
TPM Obiwan alone can do it, add Luke, they win hands down.

Advent
Originally posted by vader11
TPM Obiwan alone can do it.

No, he can't.

jollyjim311
Luke will make more of a difference that you might think. Despite still being new to the game, the training he received from Yoda was very intense, and he was trained to become powerful fast by Yoda, through desperation.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Advent
No, he can't.

I agree, of course he cannot. AOTC Anakin very much in par with AOTC Kenobi, what makes him think TPM Kenobi could possibly be a match for Anakin? Whatever it is, he's wrong.

kiddo44
Originally posted by darthsith19
The duo - TPM kenobi alone is close and could maybe do it. No, Padawan Kenobi and Padawan Anakin are not equal, AOTC Anakin is on the same level as AOTC Kenobi,10 years after TPM.

Nikkolas
I say the duo in a long hard fight. Honestly...AOTC Obi-Wan didn't seem al that impressive. Look at his speed and skill against Maul when he's angry and then him against Dooku.

Admittedly, Dooku is far stronger than Maul but Obi-Wan was on the offensive and was still not pulling off the crap his padawan self could.

vader11
TPM Obiwan in FP is close or better than AOTC Anakin. Adding Luke, the duo wins.

kiddo44
TPM Obiwan in FP is close or better than AOTC Anakin. Adding Luke, the duo wins.

How is that? Since Anakin was equal to Kenobi in AOTC, says Nic Gillard, you don't think Kenobi got any better in 10 years?

Darth Subjekt
TPM OB1 utilizes an offensive form while AOTC OB1 had been using sorseu (sp?) for 10 years after seeing the holes in the offensive game, hence the reason for lack of speed and ferocity. Plus, all that "going off" on Maul only landed OB1 in a shaft about to die...it wasn't til he calmed himself that he was able to get a lucky hit on Maul.

AOTC OB1 would take his TOM self through patience and style alone. Anakin, who had trained for 10 years total at this point, was far beyond that of a padawan OB1. He did better against Dooku that AOTC OB1 did, and performed far more impressive feats that OB1 ever has.

Luke at the time of ESB is likely on a 12 year old Anakin's level, and would only hinder OB1's progress. Honestly, it could go either way. Anakin could divide and conquer, or he could lose. But to say that OB1 could do it alone is completely asinine.

vader11
Originally posted by kiddo44
How is that? Since Anakin was equal to Kenobi in AOTC, says Nic Gillard, you don't think Kenobi got any better in 10 years? Seeing how Obiwan fight Maul after Qui Gon was down, they should be close.

Tangible God
Seeing how Obiwan fight Maul after Qui Gon was down, they should be close. Yes, only after tapping the Dark Side, and look where that got him. Nearly falling down a bottomless pit.

Nikkolas
It also allowed him to fair better against Maul than Qui-Gon, a reknowned saber duelist apparently.

Tangible God
Faired better for a while, then he got pushed down a bottomless pit. And Quiggy only lost like he did due to being in such a closed space. Not his style.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Tangible God
Faired better for a while, then he got pushed down a bottomless pit. And Quiggy only lost like he did due to being in such a closed space. Not his style.

Where is that stated? It doesn't seem right seeing as Maul wields a larger weapon and seems to use more acrobatics. Also, it didn't seem all that confined. If it is stated clearly though, there's no point in arguing.

Nikkolas
He lost because he was routed into that space by Maul. Maul took up larger space with his weapon while Qui-Gon had little room for mobility, defense or offense.

Tangible God
Yeah, Quiggy was an Ataru man wasn't he? Needed space, that little room with Maul slashing around everywhere made it hard for him to maneuver.

OB touched the Dark Side and he did better, but still got beaten. Only when he cooled down could he get the "jump" on Maul.

AOTC OB, now cooler and calmer, and stronger than his TPM counterpart , uses a defensive style. Get Anakin using a more aggressive style, OB may hold him off long enough to get the better of him.

Luke would stand in awe and wish he could be like them.

darthsith19
Well, the op did say that this is Obi in his "PO'ed state".

I'd say that regualar TPM kenobi vs. Anakin is close. Kenobi wins if Anakin gets cocky, otherwise Kenobi wins, but close either way.

kiddo44
Originally posted by darthsith19

I'd say that regualar TPM kenobi vs. Anakin is close. Kenobi wins if Anakin gets cocky, otherwise Kenobi wins, but close either way. Padawan Anakin is a better swordsman and certainly stronger in the force than Padawan Kenobi, so how would it be close??

darthsith19
Because while Anakin's a betetr swordsman and stronger with the Force than TPM kenobi is, TPM Kenobi's Force and saber skills are close to AOTC Anakin's, therefor it is close.

vader11
Yes, they are close.

Count Makashi
AOTC Anakin is better by TPM Kenobi by some margin, TPM Kenobi would get totally destroyed against Dooku in seconds, i think some people underestimate AOTC Anakin, he was very good in skill, not world class yet, but he was god and if he sucked so badly, then he got 800 better in ROTS, because he didn't get so better, it is logical to assume, he was already very good in AOTC.

Apollo Cloud
Erm, pissed off TPM Obi-Wan would solidly defeat AotC Anakin. Since when did Anakin ever exhibit the kind of skill that Obi-Wan did while he was making Darth Maul his b1tch? Bcos he did ok against Count Dooku, who wasn't even taking the fight seriously? That's great, the guy that Obi-Wan was owning in his DS state almost overwhelmed fricking Darth Sidious in combat, who's easily superior to Count Dooku.

kiddo44
Originally posted by Count Makashi
AOTC Anakin is better by TPM Kenobi by some margin, TPM Kenobi would get totally destroyed against Dooku in seconds, i think some people underestimate AOTC Anakin, he was very good in skill, not world class yet, but he was god and if he sucked so badly, then he got 800 better in ROTS, because he didn't get so better, it is logical to assume, he was already very good in AOTC. very true, he was very much on par with Jedi Knight Kenobi as a padawan.

darthsith19
TPM Kenobi would not lost to Dooku in seconds, if AOTC Anakin can last 50 some seconds then Kenobi can last 45.

vader11
Seeing how Obiwan fight Maul after Qui Gon was down. If you say AOTC Anakin is better than TPM Kenobi by some margin, that means he is able to take down Maul one on one? I don't think so.

kiddo44
Seeing how Obiwan fight Maul after Qui Gon was down. If you say AOTC Anakin is better than TPM Kenobi by some margin, that means he is able to take down Maul one on one? I don't think so. If AOTC Anakin was in the position TPM Kenobi was, after Maul had killed Qui-Gon, he could have taken him, Kenobi almost did it, rushing him with the darkside, he busted his saber and kicked him, and AOTC Anakin is stronger in the force and a better swordsman than TPM Kenobi, thats not debatable.

vader11
I just can't see AOTC Anakin>Maul.

kiddo44
I just can't see AOTC Anakin>Maul. i didn't say he was, but AOTC Anakin=AOTC Kenobi> than his padawan self 10 years prior.

vader11
i didn't say he was, but AOTC Anakin=AOTC Kenobi> than his padawan self 10 years prior. If AOTC Anakin can't beat Maul, I would say he is close to TPM Obiwan, though he may be a little better than Obi.

darthsith19
i didn't say he was, but AOTC Anakin=AOTC Kenobi> than his padawan self 10 years prior.
Yes, but AOTC Kenobi isn't a lot stronger than TPM Kenobi, and no, AOTC Anakin isn't as strogn as AOTC Kenobi. With blades, maybe, but overall, no. Close, but not quite.

vader11
Ya, in overall, AOTC Obi still>AOTC Anakin.

Count Makashi
Seeing how Obiwan fight Maul after Qui Gon was down. If you say AOTC Anakin is better than TPM Kenobi by some margin, that means he is able to take down Maul one on one? I don't think so.

Are seriously saying that TPM Kenobi is as good as AOTC Anakin, the most talented padawan in history, AOTC Anakin is on the same level as AOTC Kenobi and the only reason TPM Kenobi did so good against Maul, after he killed Oui-Gon Jinn, was because Maul was taken by surprise, that TPM Kenobi would come so strong, he underestimated him and he quickly corrected that mistake.

jollyjim311
Maul would in no way go down to AOTC Anakin, just so you guys know.

Maul killed Anoon Bondara, the Order's lightsaber instructor, who's skills were "second to none" in seconds. Anakin was beaten by people like A'Sharad Hett.

Apollo Cloud
I think, when thinking about Anoon Bondara, you have to take into consideration where these quotes are coming from: Darsha Assant, his padawan, who likely possessed extreme bias for him, and limited knowledge of the jedi order in general. Now sure, we could think of Anoon as being one of the best in the order, as Darsha would have you believe, but then there are also things which conflict with that. For instance, when Darth Maul actually defeats Bondara, he doesn't even take that much pride in his victory, and still longed to face one of the greater Jedi warriors, such as Mace Windu or Plo Koon, in combat, implying that Anoon really wasn't that high up there, and wasn't quite top tier like people such as Yoda, Qui-Gon, Dooku, Mace, Plo Koon, and likely many others.

jollyjim311
"Master Bondara epitomized what Darsha hoped to become one day. The Twi'lek Jedi Master lived in the Force. Always still and complacent as a pool of unknown depth, he was nevertheless one of the best fighters in the order. His skill with a lightsaber was second to none. Darsha hoped that one day she might be able to exhibit a tenth of Anoon Bondara's adeptness."

This is stated by the narrator.

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Are seriously saying that TPM Kenobi is as good as AOTC Anakin, the most talented padawan in history, AOTC Anakin is on the same level as AOTC Kenobi and the only reason TPM Kenobi did so good against Maul, after he killed Oui-Gon Jinn, was because Maul was taken by surprise, that TPM Kenobi would come so strong, he underestimated him and he quickly corrected that mistake. When did I say they are equal? I said they are close, though AOTC Anakin may be a little better. Yes, TPM Obiwan can't take Maul one on one, so does AOTC Anakin.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Maul would in no way go down to AOTC Anakin, just so you guys know.

Maul killed Anoon Bondara, the Order's lightsaber instructor, who's skills were "second to none" in seconds. Anakin was beaten by people like A'Sharad Hett.

Who said that, i said that he would do better then TPM Kenobi, but lose as well.

Gideon
Jollyjim is correct in regards to Bondara's skills; he's definately one of the very, very best in the Order. That isn't to say that he could defeat someone of Yoda or Mace's caliber. After all, they are much more capable in the Force.

Darth Subjekt
That very paragraph alone shows he not the best in the order, as it says his saber skills were second to none, but just before that, it just says he was one of the best fighters in the order. You can have all the skill in the world, if you cant properly utilize it, then it becomes worthless. I'm not saying that he was worthless by any means, just the skills possessed weren't used to the fullest of their abilities which leaves room for others to be above him.

Count Makashi
And Maul owned him in saber combat, Anon Bondara realized from the beginning that Maul is better, Yoda is Mauls superior in lightsaber combat, so Bondara wasn't the best lightsaber practitioner in the Jedi order. Wasnt at the time.

jollyjim311
His padawan, who had a strong force connection (and was noted as showing such even as an infant) hoped that one day she would exhibit one tenth of Anoon's adeptness.

And Maul would put up a fight against Maul. A losing fight, but Yoda would have to work for it if it was a saber battle.

Darth_noodle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.