Heathenism and racism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
As some of you might know the word Heathenism is a word used to describe the religon of the Norse people.

Unfortuantely to be quite honest there is alot of racism in Heathenism, of course I hope no people on this forum are racist but im bored and I thought it would be an interesting topic.

Heathenism is not like Islam or Christanity were its founders sought to convert new people it was simply the religon of the Norse people and they didnt seek to convert any body even when they conquered new lands.

Some people say only people who have Germanic or Indo-European (or whatever blah blah blah roll eyes (sarcastic) ) blood can become Heathens. Lets look at the evidence.

1. Attila The Hun. Attila The Hun was originally from Asia his people migrated and adopted the customs of the Germanic people. Attila The Hun is a major hero in Norse lore. The Lay of Atill is dedicated to him. Can you imagine anybody telling Attilla you cant worship Thor?

2. The Finns ie people from Finland. The Finns maybe caucasian but they are a different ethnic group to the Norse people because they have different migration patterns. The Norse people are Indo-European and can be traced back to India. The Finns as far as I know are described as Finno-Urgic. Therefore the Finns may as well be black. The Finns play a major part in Norse lore and are respected for their use of magic

Obvoulsy one of the main reasons why The Finns play a major role in Norse lore is......because they lived right next door to the Norse people! Therefore its just coincedence. In the same way its not suprising that there are African Roman emperors but no Abroginal ones. Italy isnt that far from Africa.

3. Even in Heathen Lore itself the Gods are mixed race and marry outside their races. For example Thor is married to an Alf (Sif). Odins parents or grandparents were giants (cant quite remember which one).

janus77
so?
Islam and Christianity were far and away more destructive forces in the world.

Judaism is, in origins if not fashion, a non-prosyletising and ethnically closed racial creed. you are born a jew if your mother is jewish, conversion is a mere modern-day gimmick.

Hinduism is racial too, but has gifted immense wisdom (as well as folly) to the world.

Islam is an Middle Eastern/Semetic culture and all its prophets and their practises are expressions thereof.

the fact that it branched out into the world doesn't make its core enthocentricism any less powerfull, indeed it merely turns people away from their natural cultures towards veneration of an alien one.

as for Christianity ... all manner of sins were committed under the banner of that spiritual confection.

Alfheim
Originally posted by janus77
so?

Judaism is, in origins if not fashion, a non-prosyletising and ethnically closed racial creed. you are born a jew if your mother is jewish, conversion is a mere modern-day gimmick.

Hinduism is racial too, but has gifted immense wisdom (as well as folly) to the world.

Islam is an Middle Eastern/Semetic culture and all its prophets and their practises are expressions thereof.

the fact that it branched out into the world doesn't make its core enthocentricism any less powerfull, indeed it merely turns people away from their natural cultures towards veneration of an alien one.

as for Christianity ... all manner of sins were committed under the banner of that spiritual confection.

You know what I dont even understand your point. Im not saying that Heathenism is better than any other religon. Im just saying that its not just for germanic people (or whetever terms they use).

Alfheim
Damn I cant make my heathen threads last long. sad

Nellinator
That might be because you are the only heathen.
Originally posted by janus77
so?

as for Christianity ... all manner of sins were committed under the banner of that spiritual confection. This is full of ignorance on many levels.

janus77
yep, that's me corrected. moving on ..

chithappens
Originally posted by Alfheim
As some of you might know the word Heathenism is a word used to describe the religon of the Norse people.

Unfortuantely to be quite honest there is alot of racism in Heathenism, of course I hope no people on this forum are racist but im bored and I thought it would be an interesting topic.

Heathenism is not like Islam or Christanity were its founders sought to convert new people it was simply the religon of the Norse people and they didnt seek to convert any body even when they conquered new lands.

Some people say only people who have Germanic or Indo-European (or whatever blah blah blah roll eyes (sarcastic) ) blood can become Heathens. Lets look at the evidence.

1. Attila The Hun. Attila The Hun was originally from Asia his people migrated and adopted the customs of the Germanic people. Attila The Hun is a major hero in Norse lore. The Lay of Atill is dedicated to him. Can you imagine anybody telling Attilla you cant worship Thor?

2. The Finns ie people from Finland. The Finns maybe caucasian but they are a different ethnic group to the Norse people because they have different migration patterns. The Norse people are Indo-European and can be traced back to India. The Finns as far as I know are described as Finno-Urgic. Therefore the Finns may as well be black. The Finns play a major part in Norse lore and are respected for their use of magic

Obvoulsy one of the main reasons why The Finns play a major role in Norse lore is......because they lived right next door to the Norse people! Therefore its just coincedence. In the same way its not suprising that there are African Roman emperors but no Abroginal ones. Italy isnt that far from Africa.

3. Even in Heathen Lore itself the Gods are mixed race and marry outside their races. For example Thor is married to an Alf (Sif). Odins parents or grandparents were giants (cant quite remember which one).

If you present any specific branch of people in this way it will be shot down because ALL people have shown hypocrisy of sorts.

Alfheim
Originally posted by chithappens
If you present any specific branch of people in this way it will be shot down because ALL people have shown hypocrisy of sorts.

Er yeah. Its not really hypocrisy its just that racist heathens are talking crap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.