This is why I am Losing faith in Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manjaro
now i havent made a thread in Eons, but i couldnt let this one go, just checked out FF 545 and this is what the f **** i saw!!!!!
I WILL TEAR YOUR ARM OFF?!?!?!
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/scan0016.jpg

Faceman
Marvel has always been it's own worst enemy...

Priest
how the hell can BP stand upsidedown on the board in the first place?

manjaro
after surfer sent it to knock ben over he jumped on it as he called it back. at least the issue was a cool way to resurrect that gravity kid as protector of the universe

marvelprince
Gravity coming back was the only thing that redeemed this issue for me. Words escape me now, despite me thinking BP is still vastly underrated.

At least I still have the Avengers.

Estacado
I think everyone forgot one thing...
How the **** does Black Panther breathe in space?

Soljer
Originally posted by Estacado

That is the one thing that WAS explained - he gave everyone a nifty little gadget that'll sustain you with oxygen for fourteen hours...

It's on his wrist.

manjaro
they had some wrist mounted life supprt devices that reed built.

Estacado
Originally posted by Soljer
That is the one thing that WAS explained - he gave everyone a nifty little gadget that'll sustain you with oxygen for fourteen hours...

It's on his wrist.
Oh my bad....I haven't read the issue.

Evil_Ash

roughrider
What's that on BP's arm, that allows him to do this? I'd like to know.

Yes, the scene is...beyond words...
...but, let's not forget how Dr. Doom once stole the Surfer's power during the Lee/Kirby days, and once stole the power of Galactus during the early days of John Byrne. If Hudlin is trying to show T'Challa is a match for Doom, and Wakanda's tech = Latervia's tech, then MAYBE it becomes acceptable, when you look at the big picture of Marvel's history.

marvelprince
If it was in fact tech that allowed him to do it it wouldn't a problem. The problem arrises when Panther outmuscles Surfer.

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
What's that on BP's arm, that allows him to do this? I'd like to know.

Yes, the scene is...beyond words...
...but, let's not forget how Dr. Doom once stole the Surfer's power during the Lee/Kirby days, and once stole the power of Galactus during the early days of John Byrne. If Hudlin is trying to show T'Challa is a match for Doom, and Wakanda's tech = Latervia's tech, then MAYBE it becomes acceptable, when you look at the big picture of Marvel's history.

Thing is though Doom is MUCH smarter then Black Panther. Possibly the second most intelligent person on Earth.

Wally West
Apparantly they're going to fight again next month sick

Brutacus
Originally posted by Estacado

Does the device also, keep them from freezing to death in space?
I mean he seems to wear his normal suit, never knew it was made for space.

grey fox
Originally posted by Wally West
Apparantly they're going to fight again next month sick Originally posted by Brutacus

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1008/bpsig2zk7.jpg

Soljer
Originally posted by Brutacus

The arm device is probably an all in one space survival unit.

Or something.

roughrider
Originally posted by grey fox
Thing is though Doom is MUCH smarter then Black Panther. Possibly the second most intelligent person on Earth.

Not by much. Isn't this the order these days - Reed, Doom, T'Challa?

manjaro
it apparnetly also gives them the abilty to talk and for johhny to use his flame powers...which would be impossible without a source of oxygen

Soljer
Originally posted by roughrider
Not by much. Isn't this the order these days - Reed, Doom, T'Challa?

Nope.

The order these days is

T'Challa

Doom/Reed

Superherovandal
No..its like this
Reed..Doom.

BP/Ironman

manjaro
well it all depends cuz for all intents and purposes the Leader should be the smartest guy on the planet. but it is generally conceded as Reed, and Doom. Beucase they both have a high aptitude for ALL sciences. where as other brialliant scientists are rock stars in thier own fields and can hardly be touched. for example, Banner is the grand master of nuclear physics, Pym has A.I. cybernetics and software locked, and Stark is in the corner of electrical engineeribg

BP has a higher intellect cuz first wakanda is a few centureis ahead of the world in science, so stuff that's basic for them is like gee wilikers!!! for the rest of the MU, though we know that he only has one pHD in physics he excells past most of his comtemporaries, plus he has a knack for figuring out other ppl's tech. so tho he is smart IMO he barely makes the top 20

Scoobless
Originally posted by Priest
how the hell can BP stand upsidedown on the board in the first place?

They were in space ... there is no "upside down" ... and doesn't the board generally not let people fall off anayway?

marvelprince
The gauntlets allow them to create a sort of atmosphere. It was explained in the issue.

ThePittman
While I can see that using a proper hold can hold someone of superior strength but this is a bit out there when someone can move mountains, with this he would be able to put a choke hold on the Hulk. laughing

Soljer
Originally posted by ThePittman
While I can see that using a proper hold can hold someone of superior strength but this is a bit out there when someone can move mountains, with this he would be able to put a choke hold on the Hulk. laughing

Indeed. As I've said, a secure hold will work on a human stronger than you, because even the strongest humans aren't THAT much stronger than you.

The Surfer, on the other hand, is billions of times stronger than T'Challa....So, double you tee eff?

Roldz
Originally posted by Scoobless
They were in space ... there is no "upside down" ... and doesn't the board generally not let people fall off anayway?
Depends on Surfer.. He Kicked Morg out of that board w/ but a thought and this was Morg w/ PC and a fraction of WOL<<<<<<<< BP big grin ..

Priest
Originally posted by Scoobless
They were in space ... there is no "upside down" ...
Oh i knew that
and doesn't the board generally not let people fall off anayway?
that was my question, i always thought surfer was the only person that would be able to ride on it without falling off erm ...in the past people had rode the board before but with help from surfer, usally he's holding the person or has a force feild linked with the board and the person.

Priest
Surfer could of just ripped the life support right off of T'Challa's arm eek!

Mider999
silver surfer should have stoped him in the middle of what he was saying and said sure i can break this hold I CAN LIFT 100 TONS PLUS, or just let off a burst of power cosmic frying BP

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Priest
Surfer could of just ripped the life support right off of T'Challa's arm eek!
I was thinking he could just sever his arms all together, wookie style.

Redatom65
woah, Black Panther>Hulk and Storm!

yeah, marvel's gettin bad

CasanoVa
Stop your whining you sandy vaginas erm

If it bothers you that much, don't buy marvel books; it won't make a difference to Marvel's sales.

Redatom65
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Stop your whining you sandy vaginas erm

If it bothers you that much, don't buy marvel books; it won't make a difference to Marvel's sales.

all i buy is some ultimates and Uncanny X-men from the MU no expression

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Redatom65
all i buy is some ultimates and Uncanny X-men from the MU no expression

Good for you.

Uncanny X-men = Meh.
Ultimates = This doesn't even deserve to be called an ongoing anymore no expression It's good though.

boriquaking55
Dude, I think I just lost 30 IQ points looking at the scan.

Damn you Hudlin

Mr Master
Originally posted by manjaro
just checked out FF 545 and this is what the f **** i saw!!!!!
I WILL TEAR YOUR ARM OFF?!?!?!

laughing

TricksterPriest
Sad thing is, Hudlin didn't write it. sad

Mr Master
It's just a moment of PIS yall,

happens every so often.

DigiMark007
We've had like 4 threads dedicated to this. There's been bad writing before. Get over it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.