Anakin Skywalker vs. DE Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Luke from DE 1 and Anakin in "teh zone" 9the state he's in when he beats Dooku, using his anger but still able to concentrate).

1. Lightsaber
2. Force
3. All-out

I say Luke wins 2 and 3, but 1 is close... Luke likely takes it but I'm really not sure.

vader11
Luke takes all.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by darthsith19
Luke from DE 1 and Anakin in "teh zone" 9the state he's in when he beats Dooku, using his anger but still able to concentrate).

1. Lightsaber
2. Force
3. All-out

I say Luke wins 2 and 3, but 1 is close... Luke likely takes it but I'm really not sure.

Interestingly I would have to agree.

Gideon
Anakin takes the first round, but DE Luke is very powerful, and takes the second and third rounds.

Darth_Glentract
If I remember correctly Luke defeat DE Sidious in saber combat. If that is correct I'd say that he can definately defeat Anakin in saber combat. Anakin was great and all with a saber, but DE Sidious is FAR beyond what Anakin ever became. The guy was able to go toe to toe with Yoda in his old body and when he was far weaker with the Force. With a young body and vastly improved Force Powers with which to augment his new body he would be far more devastating. Luke topping that means Luke wins in all departments.

Nikkolas
Maybe if Luke removed his mechanical hand, it be more fair.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
If I remember correctly Luke defeat DE Sidious in saber combat. If that is correct I'd say that he can definately defeat Anakin in saber combat. Anakin was great and all with a saber, but DE Sidious is FAR beyond what Anakin ever became. The guy was able to go toe to toe with Yoda in his old body and when he was far weaker with the Force. With a young body and vastly improved Force Powers with which to augment his new body he would be far more devastating. Luke topping that means Luke wins in all departments.

Sure, Luke would win in a saber fight if Leia was combining powers with him.

vader11
I remember that Luke lost to Sidious first, then he won with Leia's help.

Nikkolas

Darth_Glentract
I doubt that Leia did all that much.

jollyjim311
Well, Luke got his ass kicked royally when they fought the first time. Then when Leia joined her powers (along with her fetus' power!) to Luke's, Luke pulled off a win.

Gideon
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Well, Luke got his ass kicked royally when they fought the first time. Then when Leia joined her powers (along with her fetus' power!) to Luke's, Luke pulled off a win.

This is true.

Darth_Glentract
Luke probably gained a ton of power of his own between the first and second fight.

Gideon
Luke probably gained a ton of power of his own between the first and second fight.

I don't see how that's plausible. Unless I'm mistaken, the time between Luke's duel with the Emperor and his rematch with Leia nearby didn't occur within months or weeks - or likely even several days.

Darth_Glentract
Really? I thought they were a few months apart.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Sure, Luke would win in a saber fight if Leia was combining powers with him.

Why would Luke need his sister's help?

vader11
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Why would Luke need his sister's help? Because he can't take Sidious alonestick out tongue

Captain Bob
Who knows? Apparently, though, he did, since:

A) Alone, Sidious owned him.
B) With Leia, (and infant Anakin) combining their powers with his, he won.

I could just be a fanboy, but I think Anakin takes this -- he has more force potential on his own, and would be able to wield it naturally and easily, if such became necessary, to counter DE Luke's attacks. He's also one of the most powerful lightsaber duelists in the Jedi Order, especially in the state in which he defeated Dooku. It's possible that he is, in fact, *the* duelist, by that time -- Obi-Wan, also considered highly able, beat him only because, frankly, Obi-Wan's much smarter than Anakin, and Anakin wasn't nearly as controlled as he was when he fought and beat Dooku, one of the more powerful lightsaber duellists of that era. Yoda's lightsaber style isn't so much better in itself than it is that Yoda merges it so well with the Force, to augment his speed.

If DE Luke gets the support he did from Leia and Anakin (Solo), he wins -- if not, ROTS Anakin wins.

vader11
Is Anakin as good as DE Sidious?

Darth_Glentract
Anakin isn't even on the same level as DE Sidious. Sidious would rape him.

Gideon
Originally posted by vader11
Is Anakin as good as DE Sidious?

In lightsaber combat? Um... well, it's difficult. Anakin can lay the smackdown on people when he's "in the zone", but DE Sidious would have owned Count Dooku too. Personally, I'd like to say "yes", and I'm sure an argument could be made for it, but Sidious moved at such high speeds that the energy he emitted actually killed nearby Imperial personnel.

In the Force? Hell no. Sidious would assrape Anakin.

vader11
I think DE Sidious can still beat Anakin in a saber duel.

Darth_Glentract
Why? Anakin isn't all that great. The fact of the matter is that Anakin defeated him and his victory over Dooku is iffy. DE Sidious would have raped either of the two.

Gideon
Why? Anakin isn't all that great. The fact of the matter is that Anakin defeated him and his victory over Dooku is iffy. DE Sidious would have raped either of the two.

Darth Glentract, I have been particularly patient when it comes to the whole "Anakin vs. Dooku" debate, and I've been debunking the whole thing for years. The Dooku-fanboys are the only ones who contest the issue. Hell, even most of them (including Count Makashi and Rampant Ox) have come to accept it: Anakin bested Dooku, fair and square. The novelization (G-canon) supports this entirely. If you want to argue it, I am done, my suggestion is to take it up with the one who can argue it the best - Advent.

And I never said that Anakin would defeat the Emperor in a lightsaber duel; I said that I'd 'like to think so' given the descriptions provided by the novelization. But, even then, I acknowledge that the fight - if Anakin did win - would be outrageously difficult and that Anakin has no prayer in Force combat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.