This is potentiall the best comic ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Imagine with me if their was a 50 issue (cannon) comic arc done by these writers.

1. Hudlin,
2. McDuffie,
3. Quesada,
4. Loeb, and
5. Grant Morrison.

Now they are given permission to use any characters they want for their grand comic arc (marvel and DC both allow this), everything they do in those comics will be cannon and will never be retconned.

Who do you think they would use? What battles would take place? How would Marvel and DC be after?

Symmetric Chaos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beating_a_dead_horse

Board Walker
How is this a dead horse? This is a serious question on a theoretical comic of Marvel and DC crossing over.

I wanted to here ideas on who they would decide would fight, how the fight would go, and who would win.

Board Walker
meh, I thought it would be worth a read, especially if they were able to combine the events and story of DC's WW3 and Marvels current post civil war arc.

CasanoVa
Crap writers no expression

Galan007
Can anyone imagine Loeb and Morrison working together on Superman? haermm

Seriously though, I think Neil Gaiman would be good to throw in there as well.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Galan007
Can anyone imagine Loeb and Morrison working together on Superman? haermm

No. ermmgay

willRules
If it can't be retconned then virtually nothing exciting or important would happen sad

Board Walker
Originally posted by willRules
If it can't be retconned then virtually nothing exciting or important would happen sad

what if DC and Marvel gave them permission to do anything they freely felt was true to the characters; so they have freedom to write.

Board Walker
Lets throw in Chuck Austen, and Neil Gaiman.

DC and Marvel gives all of the writters I have listed to do an epic story which readers would remember forever, and most importantly it would bring them in the biggest profit ever in both companies histories.

Their jobs and lives depend on this project, which characters do they use? What story do they form?

Juntai
They form a new company and and overshadow them both.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Juntai
They form a new company and and overshadow them both.

Ha, Image would still be the no.1 publisher quality wise. big grin

Thanos_THOTU
Best series ever (my Bible) DC vs Marvel #1 and Marvel vs DC #2-4.

roughrider
Originally posted by Board Walker
Imagine with me if their was a 50 issue (cannon) comic arc done by these writers.

1. Hudlin,
2. McDuffie,
3. Quesada,
4. Loeb, and
5. Grant Morrison.

Now they are given permission to use any characters they want for their grand comic arc (marvel and DC both allow this), everything they do in those comics will be cannon and will never be retconned.

Who do you think they would use? What battles would take place? How would Marvel and DC be after?

I don't know what I find more annoying - your avatar & signature, or your thread ideas.

Board Walker
Originally posted by roughrider
I don't know what I find more annoying - your avatar & signature, or your thread ideas.

I enjoy both

CasanoVa
Originally posted by roughrider

TeH lOlZ!1!1! BoArD WaLkEr PwNzErD!11111!!!

erm

Sorry, it's just odd to see roughrider being so malicous.

****ing A!

OT=Your "best comic ever" would probably be closer to the "worst comic ever".

Board Walker
Originally posted by CasanoVa
TeH lOlZ!1!1! BoArD WaLkEr PwNzErD!11111!!!

erm

Sorry, it's just odd to see roughrider being so malicous.

****ing A!

OT=Your "best comic ever" would probably be closer to the "worst comic ever".

It likely would have one of the highest sales in comic history.

CasanoVa
It likely would have one of the highest sales in comic history.

I think not erm.

It would sell worse than 52 (because unlike this, 52 actually had a good team behind it).

H. S. 6
Their lives depend on this project...

What the f**k?

Board Walker
Originally posted by CasanoVa
I think not erm.

It would sell worse than 52 (because unlike this, 52 actually had a good team behind it).

Yes but I stated Marvel and Dc gave them the freedom to do anything they wanted with any character.

All they would need to do is announce big name characters, and big changes, people would buy it just to see what would happen to their favorite characters; either out of joy or fear, they both would generate massive profit.

CasanoVa
Yes but I stated Marvel and Dc gave them the freedom to do anything they wanted with any character.

All they would need to do is announce big name characters, and big changes, people would buy it just to see what would happen to their favorite characters; either out of joy or fear, they both would generate massive profit.

But still wouldn't sell as well as 52, or be half as good at that no expression

Board Walker
You never know...

Darth Macabre
Hudlin would write this epic arc of a battle of wits between Mr. Terrific and Black Panther, while Batman and some other white guy's lives are in danger. The villain of the story would be, of course, Dr. Doom and his racist scheme of ethnic cleansing. no expression

Now that is beating a dead horse.

pr1983

1. Hudlin,

racist hack...

good with animation, shit with comics...

hack with too much power...

superdupermega hack...

wouldnt piss on the other four if they were on fire...

if both companies agreed to this, i would personally burn their offices to the ground...

or just stop buying comics...

xmarksthespot
I wouldn't lump Morrison in with the other 4... he has hits and misses but he usually tries new things which is nice... He's nowhere near the crappity of Hudlin, Chuck Austen, Loeb et al. I'm not certain why Neil Gaiman is being lumped in with them too, either.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Hudlin would write this epic arc of a battle of wits between Mr. Terrific and Black Panther, while Batman and some other white guy's lives are in danger. The villain of the story would be, of course, Dr. Doom and his racist scheme of ethnic cleansing. no expression

Now that is beating a dead horse.

I beat you to it.

Devil Lance
Lets throw in Chuck Austen, and Neil Gaiman.

DC and Marvel gives all of the writters I have listed to do an epic story which readers would remember forever, and most importantly it would bring them in the biggest profit ever in both companies histories.

Their jobs and lives depend on this project, which characters do they use? What story do they form?

Chuck Austen sick

DigiMark007
Jim Shooter and Jim Starlin come in and start writing circles around this group until they die of inferiority complexes. The smoke clears, they hire Neil Gaiman, and the 3 form their own company.

cool

Devil Lance
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Jim Shooter and Jim Starlin come in and start writing circles around this group until they die of inferiority complexes. The smoke clears, they hire Neil Gaiman, and the 3 form their own company.

cool

hey don't diss Grant Morisson mad

Validus
Why the hell is Grant Morrison being compared to these guys anyway? That's some ghey shit, yo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.