Kim Kaphwan and Jhun Hoon vs Guy and Maki Genryusai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Bushin Ninjitsu vs Taekwondo.

Kim Kaphwan is disappointed to find out that the Bushin Ninja Guy, one-third of the original Heroes of Metro City, has become the underworld boss of Japantown.

After seeking Ryu out on the matter (the Ansatsuken master was currently in the horse stance, holding a eight-foot tree trunk over his head while Chun Li occasionally smacked his legs with a bamboo cane, as part of his training), Ryu telling Kim that despite it all, Guy remains to be one of his best friends.

Deciding that the Bushin ninja needs a lesson in justice (via opening a can of Korean Wup-Ass), Kim along with his sons and Jhun Hoon, head for Metro City.

Inside Guy's rebuilt home, the Bushin Ninja himself has a guest: his sister-in-law and head of the Bushin Dojo in Japan, Maki Genryusai when one of his Genin appear, saying that Kaphwan and Hoon are waiting for him at his dojo.

Donning his red-and-white Bushin uniform (with Maki wearing a similar uniform), Guy confronts the two Korean martial artists and Kim's kids.

Guy explains that he became the boss of Japantown as a means of keeping his side of town peaceful and free of drugs. Kim or Jhun won't hear any of it.

Sonic x 20
Great opening Major Snafu!! Kim and Jhun are cool, but I' going to go with Guy and Maki on this one. cool cool

Emperor Ashtar
I belive that Kim & Jhun will take the majority.

King Nothing
Guy and Maki for the win.

lightness
kim & jhun wins

brainchild81
Kim's cool as a mofo and he's badass gameplay wise, but he never wins anything. Guy's a 1st class badass & he drops people on their neck. Same for Maki. Bushin wins

2D_MASTER
Bwhahaha this would be an intersting fight. But I created a Kim V.s. Guy thread awhile back. Guy seemed to have the most arguement for his win, Maki is pretty tough and I think that she could take J. Hoon, afterall she has lots of experience, since shes been fighting since the FF2 days. JHun Hoon is too green, Maki would beat him. So Guy and Maki for the win.

Sado22
wow Kim is being underestimated here.
come to think of it Guy never won anything either did he?
Jhun and Maki are about as underdeveloped and with as vague feets as each other.

Kim and Guy= never won anything
Maki and Jhun= never elaborated on

however, Jhun and Kim are almost as good as each other but last i remember Maki wasn't in Guy's league. Maki seems to be the weakest link here.

Kim and Guy could go either way, but while Guy is mainly speedy and a rushing fighter...Kim occurs to me as more seasoned, equally fast (phoenix combo for one) more athletic (being a practitionar of gymnastics) and has better areil assualt. I lean towards Kim with 6/10.

Jhun and Maki, I'll lean towards Jhun 8/10 since Maki hasn't done ANYTHING literally while Jhun has atleast been known to hold his own even against Kim.

Kim and Jhun take it...8/10.

~Sado-sama

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Sado22
Jhun and Maki are about as underdeveloped and with as vague feets as each other.

however, Jhun and Kim are almost as good as each other but last i remember Maki wasn't in Guy's league. Maki seems to be the weakest link here.

Kim and Guy could go either way, but while Guy is mainly speedy and a rushing fighter...Kim occurs to me as more seasoned, equally fast (phoenix combo for one) more athletic (being a practitionar of gymnastics) and has better areil assualt. I lean towards Kim with 6/10.

Jhun and Maki, I'll lean towards Jhun 8/10 since Maki hasn't done ANYTHING literally while Jhun has atleast been known to hold his own even against Kim.

~Sado-sama

What exactly do you mean by "won anything"? Are you refering to fights or tourneys?

2D_MASTER

~Sado-sama

Well your outcome is dependant on your claim that Kim can beat Guy. I suggest you read the Guy versus Kim thread before you decide on that. Like you said, Guy nor kim have any real feats, so it's hard to jusge thats why the Guy V.s. kim thread was made. And Jhun has only been in a couple KOF tornaments, didnt he get ran over by a car so he had to miss one? That makes him seem pretty weak.

Emperor Ashtar
Guy has a handful of feats, like owning large groups of Armed Gangbangers. It may not be much, but it's something.

lightness
as if kim can't own a large group of armed gangbangers. he made 2 of them his student after they were too strong for the cops to control, and he's korean's greatest crime fighter for a reason. guy had help from haggar, cody when it came to fighting huge gangs.

not to mention kim's on par with terry bogard who is one of the heroes of the series.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by lightness
as if kim can't own a large group of armed gangbangers. he made 2 of them his student after they were too strong for the cops to control, and he's korean's greatest crime fighter for a reason.

How does that compare to combating army's of Gangbangers that rioted all over a city? confused

guy had help from haggar, cody when it came to fighting huge gangs.

Your exaggerating, each person went there own seperate ways during Final Fight before meeting up to battle against Belger. Guy was by himself fighting legions of Gangbangers, and when he fought in the underground ring against sodom. Sure he did not defeat Mad Gear alone, But took on one third of Mad Gear by Himself.

not to mention kim's on par with terry bogard who is one of the heroes of the series.

Call me when he actually defeats him.

King Nothing

Maki wasn't in Guy's league. Maki seems to be the weakest link here

~Sado-sama Where did you get that from? I'm not saying it's wrong, but I'm not saying it's right either.

Emperor Ashtar
Well, of course Maki is not as strong as guy. However she's far from weak.

King Nothing
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Well, of course Maki is not as strong as guy. However she's far from weak. They're in the same league though, Guy is just better.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by King Nothing
They're in the same league though, Guy is just better.

Therefore stronger. . .

brainchild81

~Sado-sama I see what you're getting @, but Guy has beaten his master though. He's plenty seasoned. I ain't heard of Kim doing anything but forcing his will on midgets & fatbodies.

King Nothing
Therefore stronger. . . My point is, he aint gonna 1 hit kill her. (unless he does that damn black out grip)

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by King Nothing
My point is, he aint gonna 1 hit kill her. (unless he does that damn black out grip)

No one can knock an opponent down with one hit in Street Fighter, This isn't KOF.

King Nothing
I think Gouki can literally obliterate Dan with one attack.

brainchild81
Call me when he actually defeats him. Well said.

Sado22
laughing
still better than doing NOTHING at all.

dude...i think Sakura can obliterate Dan with one attack.

that's the thing. Jhun and Kim are said to be equal (in fact, behind the other's back they don't even consider the other that tough)

Kim was a crime fighter, betaing up thugs and gangsters like there was no tomorrow. i assume he could do it too. besides he isn't too far below terry even in the FF timeline. also Guy had help...Kim didn't. Not to mention Guy had help from fighting addicts like Cody (who IMO is the coolest Capcmo character).

eek! dude....he was hit by a car. can't blame him. heck guts was unconscious after he was rammed into a piller the third time. and that's GUTS!smile
besides he got hit only after trying to chase Athena...he didn't see it coming.

~Sado

King Nothing
Sorry to say but not only is Guy faster, tougher, and more skilled but he has the Black Out move.

Sado22
faster...debatable.
tougher...debatable.
more skilled....debatable.

has the black out move...Kim has the phoenix combo.

so we are back at square one. Nice of you to clear out the shady areas Kingwink

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar

Kim was a crime fighter, betaing up thugs and gangsters like there was no tomorrow. i assume he could do it too. besides he isn't too far below terry even in the FF timeline. also Guy had help...Kim didn't. Not to mention Guy had help from fighting addicts like Cody (who IMO is the coolest Capcmo character).

Again, your grossly exaggerating the amount of help that Guy had during his fight with Mad Gear. He split up with Cody and Haggar in order to cover more ground. He solo'ed Sodom in the underground ring, and took a third of Mad Gear. Until I get any proof that Kim can do the same, your assumptions are unfounded.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by brainchild81
I see what you're getting @, but Guy has beaten his master though. He's plenty seasoned. I ain't heard of Kim doing anything but forcing his will on midgets & fatbodies.

BWHAHAHA , "Midgets and fat bodies". I like that one, coz its so sad.... but true.

2D_MASTER

eek! dude....he was hit by a car. can't blame him. heck guts was unconscious after he was rammed into a piller the third time. and that's GUTS!smile
besides he got hit only after trying to chase Athena...he didn't see it coming.

~Sado

WHAT? how do you agure using GUTS? That has no bearing or correlation to this post. ANyways even if you calimed that was a valid argument.... how do you compare getting hit by a car to getting rammed into a stone pillar THREE TIMES by a GIANTIC DEMON?! Anyways that was a totally pointless arguement. And please dont be a pissy kid and think I'm trying to insult you, coz im not.

King Nothing
faster...debatable.
tougher...debatable.
more skilled....debatable.

has the black out move...Kim has the phoenix combo.

so we are back at square one. Nice of you to clear the shady areas King

~Sado Speed, he's he's so fast he leaves after images.

Tougher, Kim fights a few thugs < Guy fights armies of them, armed with poles to swords.

Skilled, Guy beat a ninja master, Kim beat. . .

The black out move kills, the Phoenix move doesn't

So thank you, I did do a good good job to "clearing those shady areas". I appreciate it. big grin

Emperor Ashtar
Guy is also capable of running 100 meters in 10 seconds.

Sado22
@ emperor...get a grip
@ 2D Master...I know...I was being sarcastic and don't worry. you have to be really good at being a dumbass to actually get me rattled. no harm done.
@ King nothing:

so does Kim. and its only in-game. I'd like to see Guy pile up those combos the way Kim does

we don't really know how big the Mad Gear gang was....in-game the same person comes at you like a gazillion times. hardly counts as "an army".

Guy beat his unknown, no feets master<<Kim is home town legend

Kim doesn't kill. He is your typical comic book hero.

You welcome, cupcake big grin

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar

so does Kim. and its only in-game. I'd like to see Guy pile up those combos the way Kim does

If you wanna go by game-play, I could easily mention his Custom & Variable combo's.

we don't really know how big the Mad Gear gang was....in-game the same person comes at you like a gazillion times. hardly counts as "an army".
~Sado

Not to mention they operate on a Global-level, that's bigger than anything Kim has ever fought in his life time. Plus there's the Skull Cross Gang which created a riot situtation all over the city.

lightness
maki and guy still only fought a bunch of losers with a few guys. they seemed to be on screen at the same time for gameplay. if they split up and met up against the last boss, they still helped each other out.

skill wise, kim/jhun's got the ninja's beat as far as kicks go.

if you want to debate speed by afterimages, dan could do that, and almsot everyone from kof or sf can ko him in 1 hit. pretty much everyone has moves that leaves after images.

as far as winning. kim's beaten terry atleast once, and always gives him a hard time. kim/jhun reached the finals one year and had to end up dodging the beam. they also tend to team with some convict losers, or their own students, in a team environment. kim's a national hero in taekwondo, meaning he's won.

Emperor Ashtar
maki and guy still only fought a bunch of losers with a few guys.

Still more than Kim, I don't seew hat's the point off minimalizing a feat for an argument and, losers don't hold a city hostage.

they seemed to be on screen at the same time for gameplay. if they split up and met up against the last boss, they still helped each other out
Since when has Game-play become the authority of debating games?

if you want to debate speed by afterimages, dan could do that, and almsot everyone from kof or sf can ko him in 1 hit. pretty much everyone has moves that leaves after images.

What move does dan have which can create an after image?

as far as winning. kim's beaten terry atleast once, and always gives

PROOF

King Nothing
Guy beat Sodom, a skilled warrior with 2 blades and soon after took on dozens of fighters. What has Kim done to match that? What Master has Kim beaten?

brainchild81
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
BWHAHAHA , "Midgets and fat bodies". I like that one, coz its so sad.... but true. I like Kim, but SNK seems content w/not letting him do anything. @ least they let him get some trim I guess.Originally posted by lightness
skill wise, kim/jhun's got the ninja's beat as far as kicks go.
That's quite possible seeing as TKD is almost all kicks. Guy's got him beat in punching, grappling & takedowns though. I'd also be super happy if you could prove Kim's beaten Terry.

Sado22
emperor,
people here are insisting the MAd gear is a huge gang that held metorcity hostage and i ask how many people are there in it....and the answer is 25.

Metro city is full of wimps if they can't even take on 25 thugs out of which two are cross dressing hermies and the leader is wheelchair bound jackass.
what do you call a city that gets taken over by 25 people?

and of the lot, how many people out of 25 did Guy face on his own? at least Cody was in Industrial area on his own.
and why is such a big deal being made out of Sodom-izer? what has he ever done except get his keister beat up and being a last minute addition to the SFA series?
oh and...
"he's got two swords" is NOT an answer!

if sodom is supposed to such a great threat then:
-Kim beat down Choi and Chang TOGETHER. Chang is brute strength wtih 3 massive ball, one of which is made of iron and tied with a chain, and is a legimate weapon which he has shown great control and skill with. Choi has two claws, has great evasive ability and since people were making a big issue out of Pussyboy Vega due to his claws and jumping, then Choi has shown even better jumping abilities and has TWO claws. and Kim beat them TOGETHER in a two-on-one fight.

ask Nothing. he was the one who brought it up.

the ryuku renbu spoof move

proves nothing at all. Guy fought 25 losers who had taken over a city. he didn't fight the rest of the world did he?
i could just as easily bring up how Kim helped in taking down NESTS in KoF2001 and Orochi in KoF97. he was there helping then too.

~Sado

Sado22
Ops sorry

Emperor Ashtar
emperor,
people here are insisting the MAd gear is a huge gang that held metorcity hostage and i ask how many people are there in it....and the answer is 25.

Metro city is full of wimps if they can't even take on 25 thugs out of which two are cross dressing hermies and the leader is wheelchair bound jackass.
what do you call a city that gets taken over by 25 people?

Versus the cops not being able to take down a Fat guy who looks like the asian version of bone crusher and mini Freddy kugaer/ michael Jackson mixture?

If were going to minimalize I'll think I'll do it as well.

and of the lot, how many people out of 25 did Guy face on his own? at least Cody was in Industrial area on his own.
and why is such a big deal being made out of Sodom-izer? what has he ever done except get his keister beat up and being a last minute addition to the SFA series?
oh and...
"he's got two swords" is NOT an answer!

Sado, Guy split up as well as Cody to cover more ground and, Sodom has held his own against Honda and has a very high power rating according to juni. No need to minimalize just to support your argument, not to mention that Guy also fought the Skull Cross gang which is more than I can say for kim.

proves nothing at all. Guy fought 25 losers who had taken over a city. he didn't fight the rest of the world did he?
i could just as easily bring up how Kim helped in taking down NESTS in KoF2001 and Orochi in KoF97. he was there helping then too.

~Sado

Kim fighitng nest is a completely different timeline and You know it, Sado. Also, I could easily bring up guy fighiting Shadooloo and rose.

"25 losers" huh, well if your going to downplay Mad Gear and Make Cheech and chan. . . I mean Choi and chang look like master warriors simply for kim sake. Then I really see no point in continuing.

King Nothing
Chang looks like Rick Ross

Sonic x 20
This is a tough battle, but I'm still going to go with Guy and Maki on this one. Also to let you know, Guy and Mike Haggar were the ones that went to the Industrial Area, not Cody. Cody skipped it and went to the Bay Area to fight Abigial.

Sado22
hey i never realized you replied. woah. so here we go:

no...they were convicts who didn't actually wait around for the cops. Kim just happened to track them down (if anything Kim's a better detective) and beat them up.
not minimalizing emp. I'm just saying that a city runover by TWENTY FIVE people is kinda lame.

I was never too impressed by E Honda. Wasn't he beaten by Sakura in a fight in SFA3? hardly impressive for a suma to get his bigass kicked around by a rookie school girl. no dice there.
The only splitting up we know was that Cody took the shortcut through bay area after following the dog. but i'll take your word for it.
still, its not too impressive fighting 1/2of a 25-man gang with help from the ex-wrestling champion. Kim did everything on his own.

never stopped you from it. different timeline doesn't neccessarily alter a person's fighting credibility. Guy didn't face Shadowloo headon...and his fight with rose (if i remember correct) was unconfirmed to have actually have happened.

laughing
fine, fine, my bad there.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
hey i never realized you replied. woah. so here we go:

no...they were convicts who didn't actually wait around for the cops. Kim just happened to track them down (if anything Kim's a better detective) and beat them up.
not minimalizing emp. I'm just saying that a city runover by TWENTY FIVE people is kinda lame.

Have you actually seen Mad Gear in it's entirety?

-Belger had the cops paid off
-Rolento had fomer military red berets with Tanks at his diposal
-Sodom had an underground ring with him
-They have Hugo
-Affiliations with other gangs and work on an international front.

I was never too impressed by E Honda. Wasn't he beaten by Sakura in a fight in SFA3? hardly impressive for a suma to get his bigass kicked around by a rookie school girl. no dice there.
No dice because he lost, c'mon sado that's what I mean. Honda losing to one of the strongest Street Fighters doesn not make him weak.

The only splitting up we know was that Cody took the shortcut through bay area after following the dog. but i'll take your word for it.
still, its not too impressive fighting 1/2of a 25-man gang with help from the ex-wrestling champion. Kim did everything on his own.

Kim only fought two guys versus Guy, the rest of kims fights are speculation. Also, your forgetting about the Skull Crooss Gand and Shadooloo.

never stopped you from it. different timeline doesn't neccessarily alter a person's fighting credibility. Guy didn't face Shadowloo headon...and his fight with rose (if i remember correct) was unconfirmed to have actually have happened.
Different Timeline is different Timleine I don't wanna have a debate on canon. Also, Guy still fought Shadooloo head on or not.

laughing
fine, fine, my bad there.

~Sado

I don't get why were debating, I alrerady said Kim was would win IMO. Though, I'm starting to think Guy has a chance and could give him a fight. His win record is way more impressive.

brainchild81
I really don't see Kim winning this. Stylewise, only thing Guy doesn't seem to be better @ is kicking. & Guy's no slouch there either. It'll be rough(I always considered these 2 to be 2 of the toughest 2D non-projectile guys), but when it's all said & done, Guy's gonna fold Kim up like an old wallet

Sado22
my point was that Honda isn't really that strong since he lost to Sakura who is not even in the 4th tier of the series.

Kim lacks presence since he has always been a side character (i'll let brainy fill in the blanks, lol). guy was central in all of the Final fight games...hence he has more feats to talk about.
I'm also wondering about why we're debating by the way. seems you already have your hands full with dArko.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
my point was that Honda isn't really that strong since he lost to Sakura who is not even in the 4th tier of the series.

The rankings tiers are pretty flexable actually, and besides Sakura is powerful.

Kim lacks presence since he has always been a side character (i'll let brainy fill in the blanks, lol). guy was central in all of the Final fight games...hence he has more feats to talk about.

Well, Side character or not he's very underdeveloped. . .
Guy was only in 2/3 Final Fight games.

I'm also wondering about why we're debating by the way.

~Sado

I've asked the samething laughing

brainchild81
Kim lacks presence since he has always been a side character (i'll let brainy fill in the blanks, lol)big grin Gladly. In the old "Terry's Fury" or "Fatal Terry" days, "side" character meant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to the side, as in "you're not the star so you ain't doing shit but getting f**ked up while the star basks in the victorious spotlight" to the side

Sado22
laughing

Who else?
Originally posted by brainchild81
big grin Gladly. In the old "Terry's Fury" or "Fatal Terry" days, "side" character meant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to the side, as in "you're not the star so you ain't doing shit but getting f**ked up while the star basks in the victorious spotlight" to the side laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.