Kirsten Dunst

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparkz
Did anyone eles read the Sun yesterday, well ok that only really applies to people from the UK. But in there was an article that had Kirsten Dunst talk about Spider-man 3 and her character. Now this got on my nerves frankly and I need to vent, because she was talking about how she had added depth to her comic book counter part and if she acted like Mary Jane how she was in the comics she would be walking around in lingerie all the time saying "Hey Tiger". Frankly this gets on my nerves, it makes me wonder has she actualy read more than half of a Spider-man comic?? How can she add more depth to a character that has been around for 40 years, does she think her turning MJ into Gwen Stacy should be commended? Yes changing the character might have been better for the movie but is she adding more depth to the character I don't think so. Sorry about that but it just seems like Spider-man 3 has gone to her head.

the_satan32
Originally posted by Sparkz
Did anyone eles read the Sun yesterday, well ok that only really applies to people from the UK. But in there was an article that had Kirsten Dunst talk about Spider-man 3 and her character. Now this got on my nerves frankly and I need to vent, because she was talking about how she had added depth to her comic book counter part and if she acted like Mary Jane how she was in the comics she would be walking around in lingerie all the time saying "Hey Tiger". Frankly this gets on my nerves, it makes me wonder has she actualy read more than half of a Spider-man comic?? How can she add more depth to a character that has been around for 40 years, does she think her turning MJ into Gwen Stacy should be commended? Yes changing the character might have been better for the movie but is she adding more depth to the character I don't think so. Sorry about that but it just seems like Spider-man 3 has gone to her head.

I agree I don't see how changing the personality of the character can be counted as adding more depth. She's the one member of the cast that irritates me more than anyone. Tough I am tankful to an extent because if I saw her in lingerie I would have left the cinema.

H. S. 6
I've read a few interviews where Dunst makes herself sound like some sort of phenomenal actor.

She needs to get over herself.

steverules
I dunno if Dunst would be my first choice for playing MJ

Sparkz
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I've read a few interviews where Dunst makes herself sound like some sort of phenomenal actor.

She needs to get over herself.

She isn't a bad actress, but she does need to get over herself, luckily herself and Tobey are on Jonathan Ross tonight so I get to see him rip into them for a bit lol

SpyCspider
um, maybe she should check herself cuz the last time I checked, Mj was supposed to be..um,,.u know...HOT.

H. S. 6
She isn't a bad actress, but she does need to get over herself, luckily herself and Tobey are on Jonathan Ross tonight so I get to see him rip into them for a bit lol

No doubt she's a solid actress, but the way she presents herself in interviews, you'd think she was the hottest thing in Hollywood right now.

Sparkz
Originally posted by H. S. 6
No doubt she's a solid actress, but the way she presents herself in interviews, you'd think she was the hottest thing in Hollywood right now.
Well I'v just seen her in Jonathan Ross and she did look very attractive. The dress could have been better but still.

And Jonathan Ross even schooled them on Spider-man knowledge lol, he explained what happened in issue 100 and 101 and Toby didn't believe him, I found it quite funny.

And the only change either of them could think of in their characters from the movie was the web shooters lol, then moaned that the fans like the character's to be kept true to the comics. Just shows how much these 2 know about their characters even after reading 100 issues, at least the film sounds like its going to kick ass.

ADarksideJedi
She is abit of annoying actess but her personally fits Mary Jane alot.jm

doctorstrongbad
My main question is....

Why in God's name did they let her sing twice?

ADarksideJedi
I don't think she should be Mary Jane she looks nothing like the chactor from the cartoon or not.She is supose to have really dark red hair not light or almost blond.jm

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I don't think she should be Mary Jane she looks nothing like the chactor from the cartoon or not.She is supose to have really dark red hair not light or almost blond.jm

Its not just the looks that don't match. She acts more like a be-otch in the movies. Why would he want to marry her? I only like you when you save my life, or when I feel more important than you. Serious, drop that chick and get with Gwen IMO.

marvel_knight90
Originally posted by SpyCspider
um, maybe she should check herself cuz the last time I checked, Mj was supposed to be..um,,.u know...HOT.
O wow lol sooo true lol

Menetnashté
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It was died dark red in the first movie but then in the 2nd one it began to revert to her natural hair color.
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Its not just the looks that don't match. She acts more like a be-otch in the movies. Why would he want to marry her? I only like you when you save my life, or when I feel more important than you. Serious, drop that chick and get with Gwen IMO.
Yeah, she was in the comics to but he didn't have the choice between MJ and Gwen in the comics it was basically Gwen's dead looks like I have to settle with this whore.

Soljer
She sang.

sick.

Twice.

sick.

Nuff said.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Soljer
She sang.

sick.

Twice.

sick.

Nuff said.

I don't even think that was her voice. That sounded NOTHING like her.

Soljer
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I don't even think that was her voice. That sounded NOTHING like her.

If it wasn't, they sure as shit could have gotten someone MUCH better.

Sounded like they were tone deaf.

steverules
Well I'v just seen her in Jonathan Ross and she did look very attractive. The dress could have been better but still.

And Jonathan Ross even schooled them on Spider-man knowledge lol, he explained what happened in issue 100 and 101 and Toby didn't believe him, I found it quite funny.

And the only change either of them could think of in their characters from the movie was the web shooters lol, then moaned that the fans like the character's to be kept true to the comics. Just shows how much these 2 know about their characters even after reading 100 issues, at least the film sounds like its going to kick ass.

laughing out loud I saw that, Toby doesn't read comics so I wasn't suprised that he didn't believe Jonathan Ross, but it was still really funny to see them gettin all confused about what he was talking about, they should learn to look up their character and actually learn more about them.

Sparkz
Originally posted by steverules
laughing out loud I saw that, Toby doesn't read comics so I wasn't suprised that he didn't believe Jonathan Ross, but it was still really funny to see them gettin all confused about what he was talking about, they should learn to look up their character and actually learn more about them.

lol he even knew which issue Sandman was introduced, twas very funny seeing their reactions when he kept schooling them on comic knowledge, and he didn't pretend he knew loads either he admitted he knew little about Venom...Jonathon Ross should have played Spidey lol at least he would have been funny smile

Juntai
Dunst is a very bad actor.
In fact, pretty much the whole cast of the guys in Spiderman movies are bad actors.
But I believe their bad acting and cheesiness is part of what helps the film.

the_satan32
When I look at Dunst I just can't imagine her as Mary Jane, she doesn't act like her and certainly doesn't look like her. I don't know why but she really irritates me.

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Its not just the looks that don't match. She acts more like a be-otch in the movies. Why would he want to marry her? I only like you when you save my life, or when I feel more important than you. Serious, drop that chick and get with Gwen IMO. uhhh thats what he does

Arachnid1
Originally posted by the_satan32
When I look at Dunst I just can't imagine her as Mary Jane, she doesn't act like her and certainly doesn't look like her. I don't know why but she really irritates me.

I think this lady should have played MJ.

http://hometown.aol.com/rufflife3628127/images/ugly%20girl.jpg

stick out tongue

marvel_knight90
Originally posted by the_satan32
agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.