God (YHWH) has fans: Allah, Muhammed, Muslims

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
The Qu'ran repeatedly talks about Jesus, His mother Mary, and Christians, but the Bible (the Word of the living God YHWH never talks about Muhammed, Allah, Islam, or Muslims.

Have you ever wondered why the Bible never mentions Muhammed, Allah, Islam, or Muslims--not even once. But the writers of the Qu'ran cannot stop talking about Jesus, Christians, and Mary.

Is Allah a fan of YHWH, is Muhammed a fan of Jesus?

Bardock42
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
The Qu'ran repeatedly talks about Jesus, His mother Mary, and Christians, but the Bible (the Word of the living God YHWH never talks about Muhammed, Allah, Islam, or Muslims.

Have you ever wondered why the Bible never mentions Muhammed, Allah, Islam, or Muslims--not even once. But the writers of the Qu'ran cannot stop talking about Jesus, Christians, and Mary.

No, I haven't wondered that once since....err...the bible was written earlier.

And your God has much more fans. Like many millions.

And...in theory Allah is YHWH...in theory. Like...pre-crisis Superman is post-crisis Superman...in theory. Know what I'm saying.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, I haven't wondered that once since....err...the bible was written earlier.

And your God has much more fans. Like many millions.

And...in theory Allah is YHWH...in theory. Like...pre-crisis Superman is post-crisis superman...in theory. Know what I'm saying.

No, YHWH and Allah are not one and the same. I have already substantiated this many times.

Bardock42
No, YHWH and Allah are not one and the same. I have already substantiated this many times.

No like, in theory...you know?

JesusIsAlive
No like, in theory...you know?

Are God and Allah One and the Same?

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (i.e. Israel) and Allah are not the same deity. I could go on enumerating the many reasons why this is true but I would be here until Christmas so I will defer to others who have already done the legwork.

Although I will list some of the most basic reasons why God and Allah are not one and the same here they are:

1. God has a Son but Allah denies having a Son.
2. God is Triune but Allah denies being triune.
3. God's Son Jesus was killed by crucifixion but Allah denies this fact.
4. God is Love (this is Who He is) but Allah is never called love.
5. God's covenant Name is YHWH not Allah. YHWH is never called Allah in the Bible, and Allah is never called YHWH in the Qu'ran (Koran).
6. The Bible never mentions Mecca nor Medina, but mentions Jerusalem 814 times! However the Koran never mentions Jerusalem.
7. God's special treasure (the Jews) are a people that He has chosen for Himself. The God of the Bible has set His love upon the Jews. Allah states in the Qu'ran,

Sura 5:51
51 O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

These are just seven reasons/facts that confute the fallacy/untruth that the God of the Bible and Allah are the same God. They are not the same God. Those who mendaciously assert that they are the same must deal with these scathing contradictions.

http://www.letusreason.org/Islam6.htm

http://www.kingmessiahproject.com/is_allah_not_God.html

http://www.menorah.org/allahtrc.html

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/god.htm

JesusIsAlive
Are God (i.e. YHWH) and Allah one and the same?

No. There are many false gods but only one, true God: the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The living God who is the Father of Jesus Christ. This is the true God.

The Christian God and Allah cannot be one and the same because in the Qur'an it is recorded that Allah denies having a son. But the Bible states in a multitude of places that God does have a Son. Jesus even stated that God is His Father. Let's take a look at the Qur'an. The Qur'an is organized into "Surahs" instead of by chapter and verse like the Bible.

Read:

Surah 4:171 O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.

Surah 6:101 The Originator of the heavens and the earth! How can He have a child, when there is for Him no consort, when He created all things and is Aware of all things ?

Surah 18:4,5 And to warn those who say: Allah hath chosen a son, (A thing) whereof they have no knowledge, nor (had) their fathers, Dreadful is the word that cometh out of their mouths. They speak naught but a lie.

Those are very damaging discrepancies and contradictions. Based on the information contained in the Bible and in the Qur'an, God (i.e. YHWH, the God of the Bible) is the true God, but Allah is "a" false god. There are many false gods and Allah is just one of the many gods who are false. The true God does have a Son and His Name is a Name that is above every name. That Name is Jesus!

More proof from the Qur'an that the God of the Bible and Allah are not one and the same. God has a Son (Jesus the Christ), but Allah denies having a son.

Surah 23:91 Allah hath not chosen any son, nor is there any god along with Him; else would each god have assuredly championed that which he created, and some of them would assuredly have overcome others. Glorified be Allah above all that they allege.

This is not an issue of semantics, hair-splitting, or being technical. I have quoted Allah's own words where he himself states (in his Qu'ran in a number of places) that he does not have a son.

On the contrary, the Bible (the Word of the true God) states in the Old Testament and New Testament in many places throughout Scripture that God does indeed have a Son.

The God of the Bible and Allah are not one and the same. Christ Jesus is never mentioned as the Son of Allah because Allah is not God. Jesus Christ is only called or refrerred to as a prophet in the Qu'ran. But in the Bible Jesus is called the Son of God. In addition, God Almighty calls Jesus His beloved Son. The God of the Bible and Allah are not one and the same.

Allah states in no uncertain terms that he does not have a son. But the God of the Bible says that Jesus is His beloved Son. Is Allah confused? No, Allah is not confused. Allah is correct, he does not have a son. Allah denies having a son because the God of the Bible and Allah are not one and the same. YHWH (i.e. the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob) and Allah are not one and the same. The God of the Bible is the true God and His Son's Name is Jesus (Who is the Christ).

Furthermore, Allah is the mood god, he has an idol that represents him (this is documented, historical fact). But the God of the Bible, YHWH (i.e. the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), does not have (nor has He ever had) any kind of idol to represent Him, associated with Him, nor in connection with Him--whatsoever. (This too is documented, historical fact). All the other gods of the earth have had some type of idol (i.e. a literal, physical statue or other manufactured work of their likeness and image that has been carved, fashioned, formed, or created to stand for them). So why hasn't the God of the Bible ever had an idol to represent Him? The answer is simple: the God of the Bible has never been an idol, is not now an idol, and will never be an idol. Unfortunately, Allah and those who represent him can never say that. The God of the Bible and Allah are not one and the same.

Former Muslims Testify About Islam

http://www.johnankerberg.org/TV/now_playing_IPR11.htm

Two formerly devout Muslims let the cat out of the bag and told their father that God (YHWH) and Allah are not one and the same. These brothers were given an ultimatum by their father to either choose him or to choose Jesus Christ. These brothers risked being disowned by their father. Find out what evidence led them to their decision to trust Jesus the Christ while they were in college. These brothers currently hold PhDs and are seminary professors.

Bardock42
I mean, that many people would say they are the same....that it is very likely not the case is clear..to me at least.

lord xyz
They are both the God of Abraham. There are different stories about him, but it's still the same person (If he exists). There are many similarities, and the differences are myths about the God and not actual fact.

Gregory

Gee I don't know. Maybe because Islam, Muslims, and Muhammad didn't exist until over five-hundred years after the Bible was written.

On the other hand, the Bible talks about Allah all the time. This has been explained to you., and your refusal to learn is not to your credit.

Devil King
Originally posted by Gregory
Gee I don't know. Maybe because Islam, Muslims, and Muhammad didn't exist until over five-hundred years after the Bible was written.

On the other hand, the Bible talks about Allah all the time. This has been explained to you., and your refusal to learn is not to your credit.

Indeed. How many times does the Torah mention Jesus by name? Or mary and Joseph? It doesn't. In fact, the inclusion of the first five books of the bible that do not mention Jesus are included to ellude to the fact that Jesus is the Jewish savior being awaited by the Jews. This is where JIA will hide, lending credence to his own faith while denying the legitimacy of any and all others.

Also, it shouldn't suprise you that he's being willfully ignorant, that's what socks do.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Devil King
Indeed. How many times does the Torah mention Jesus by name? Or mary and Joseph? It doesn't. In fact, the inclusion of the first five books of the bible that do not mention Jesus are included to ellude to the fact that Jesus is the Jewish savior being awaited by the Jews. This is where JIA will hide, lending credence to his own faith while denying the legitimacy of any and all others.

Also, it shouldn't suprise you that he's being willfully ignorant, that's what socks do.

No, that is what fundamentalist Christians do. wink

Devil King
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No, that is what fundamentalist Christians do. wink

It was a toss up for me. In the end, I chose sock because that's what I believe he is. This religionish persona is just a character. (I love the term religionish)

Shakyamunison
...(I love the term religionish)

laughing

Fatima

Mohammad in the Bible ....!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c4Sj_GRZ_o

RocasAtoll

Maybe because the bible was written (supposedly) around Jesus's time, and Muhammed lived about 500 years later? And if the bible mentioned Muhammed, then its credibility as an actual representation of what Jesus taught would be crippled?

lil bitchiness
The problem is, that you exect us to accept that the Bible is fact. Some of us do not.
Muslims claim that Bible prophesied Muhammad. Their belief and views are as reliable as the Bible, and you cannot use Bible to claim that their interpretation is ''wrong''.
We had a discussion about interpretation. There isn't a single ''right'' one, so you don't really have a point.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Well Muslims claim that Bible prophesied Muhammad. Their belief and views are as reliable as the Bible.

One can be an expert on the Bible, without being a Christian.

But god will hide the truth from you. wink Convenient, isn't it?

JesusIsAlive

This is one time that I want you to back up what you write Gregory. I don't know if I have ever asked you to do this.

Can you just once show me chapter and verse where God talks about Allah?

You claim that the Bible talks about Allah all the time, but I ask for just one reference of this (just one).

Shakyamunison
This is one time that I want you to back up what you write Gregory. I don't know if I have ever asked you to do this.

You claim that the Bible talks about Allah all the time, but I ask for just one reference of this (just one).

Get a grip... Allah is an Islamic word for the god of Abraham.

Devil King

What, the bible was written in modern english 1500 years ago? You also have no place asking anyone to back up what they write, when you never do.

JesusIsAlive

Jesus is not mentioned by His earthly Name, no, but you need to understand Who Jesus really is (Jesus is God). Jesus is God in the flesh, i.e. the Word flesh-covered. In the very first book of the Torah (i.e. Genesis) it is written:

Genesis 1:26
"Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, in Our likeness...."

That verse of Scripture undoubtedly refers to the triune God Who is comprised of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

So, Jesus is metioned in the Torah but not by His earthly name because He had not become taken upon Himself human flesh yet. I can give you several other chapters and verses to support what I maintain, but I have give you just one.

Shakyamunison
Jesus is not mentioned by His earthly Name, no, but you need to understand Who Jesus really is (Jesus is God). Jesus is God in the flesh, i.e. the Word flesh-covered. In the very first book of the Torah (i.e. Genesis) it is written:

That verse of Scripture undoubtedly refers to the triune God Who is comprised of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

So, Jesus is metioned in the Torah but not by His earthly name because He had not become taken upon Himself human flesh yet. I can give you several other chapters and verses to support what I maintain, but I have give you just one.

Or it could mean any number of gods.

JesusIsAlive

"Then God
said, "Let Us make man in Our image, in Our likeness...."

So, Jesus is metioned in the Torah but not by His earthly name because He had not taken upon Himself human flesh yet. I can give you several other chapters and verses to support what I maintain, but I have give you just one.

Shakyamunison

You already posted this. Why did you post it again?

Bardock42

"Then God
said, "Let Us make man in Our image, in Our likeness...."

So, Jesus is metioned in the Torah but not by His earthly name because He had not become taken upon Himself human flesh yet. I can give you several other chapters and verses to support what I maintain, but I have give you just one. Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Or it could mean any number of gods.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Fatima

Mohammed or Muhammed is not mentioned once in the Bible.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Fatima

Muhammad, Mohammed, or Muhammed is not mentioned once in the Bible.

Shakyamunison
Mohammed or Muhammed is not mentioned once in the Bible.

homer

Devil King

You believe Jesus to be god. We all get that.

And genesis 1:26 isn't talking about Jesus, it's talking about mankind. That would be much more apparent if you posted the rest of the verse. Now, in another thread, you said that god had to create life from another dimension because he had no body. Now you want to say that god made man in his own image? So, now god looks like a man, but is floating around in another dimension with a beard and pretty blue eyes? What kind of drugs are you taking? I really shouldn't have to explain your own religion to you.

Absolutely, tell us all the other verses when Jesus is mentioned in the Torah.

Seriously, why has no one banned this nutbag?

JesusIsAlive

The Bible is God's (YHWH's) Book not Allah's so it cannot refer to a number of gods (in that context).

Bardock42
The Bible is God's (YHWH's) Book not Allah's so it cannot refer to a number of gods (in that context).

That is the most circular reasoning I have ever....EVER...heard.

JesusIsAlive
You believe Jesus to be god. We all get that.

And genesis 1:26 isn't talking about Jesus, it's talking about mankind. That would be much more apparent if you posted the rest of the verse. Now, in another thread, you said that god had to create life from another dimension because he had no body. Now you want to say that god made man in his own image? So, now god looks like a man, but is floating around in another dimension with a beard and pretty blue eyes? What kind of drugs are you taking? I really shouldn't have to explain your own religion to you.

Absolutely, tell us all the other verses when Jesus is mentioned in the Torah.

Seriously, why has no one banned this nutbag?

The part of the verse that states,

"Let Us... Our image... Our likeness...."

is talking about the triune God of which Jesus Christ is included. I purposely excluded the latter part of the verse because it does not pertain to this discussion about Jesus Christ being mentioned in the Torah. But the beginning of the verse does mention Jesus Christ because Jesus is included in the Godhead.

God's image and likeness is "spirit" in terms of essence, but in tems of His shape or features, God has an anthropomorphic anatomy. God's anatomy is where we derive our basic makeup from (our anatomy is not some random, chance occurrence). In addition, the reason that we have a head, torso, arms, hands, waist, legs, and feet is because God has those features. No God does not look like a us per se, we look like Him (in terms of our basic, anatomical compostion).

Now, I never said that God was floating around anywhere with a beard and pretty blue eyes these are your words. If I had said that then I could understand your derogatory remark about me being a nutbag, but these are your words not mine.

JesusIsAlive
You already posted this. Why did you post it again?

I re-posted it because there was an error in it. I corrected it.

JesusIsAlive
That is the most circular reasoning I have ever....EVER...heard.

It is no more circular than you stating that your parents are your true, biological parents. Even if you got a DNA test to prove that your parents and you share some chemical connection, how do you know that the test was not falsified?

King Kandy
There's an edit button, you know...

Strangelove
It is no more circular than you stating that your parents are your true, biological parents. Even if you got a DNA test to prove that your parents and you share some chemical connection, how do you know that the test was not falsified? .....No. That's not right at all.

{"How can you be sure the Bible is true?"
"Because the Bible says it is true"} That is circular reasoning.

Your mother and father being your biological parents because a test says so is actually the opposite of circular reasoning.

And there's no such thing as a false positive on a DNA test.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Strangelove
.....No. That's not right at all.

{"How can you be sure the Bible is true?"
"Because the Bible says it is true"} That is circular reasoning.

Your mother and father being your biological parents because a test says so is actually the opposite of circular reasoning.

And there's no such thing as a false positive on a DNA test.

It is not the opposite if the integrity of the test is brought into question.

Strangelove
It is not the opposite if the integrity of the test is brought into question. No. Wrong again.

Circular Reasoning is using something to prove itself. (i.e. The Bible is true because the Bibles says so)

Non-circular reasoning is using an outside source to prove something. (i.e. We are your parents because this test says so)

It doesn't matter if the test is wrong or not, it's not circular reasoning.

JesusIsAlive
No. Wrong again.

Circular Reasoning is using something to prove itself. (i.e. The Bible is true because the Bibles says so)

Non-circular reasoning is using an outside source to prove something. (i.e. We are your parents because this test says so)

It doesn't matter if the test is wrong or not, it's not circular reasoning.

Fine.

big grin

Shakyamunison

OK, was it too late to fix it with edit?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The problem is, that you exect us to accept that the Bible is fact. Some of us do not.
Muslims claim that Bible prophesied Muhammad. Their belief and views are as reliable as the Bible, and you cannot use Bible to claim that their interpretation is ''wrong''.
We had a discussion about interpretation. There isn't a single ''right'' one, so you don't really have a point.

My point is simply that the Bible never mentions Allah or Muhammed. So if the God of the Bible (YHWH) and the god of the Qu'ran are one and the same then there ought to be some agreement between the two with respect to both books. But there is not one iota of evidence that they are the same person. There is no correlation between what the Bible reveals and what the Qu'ran states. The Bible and the Qu'ran have nothing in common.

That is where you are wrong. There is a single right interpretation of the Bible. There may not exist one for the Qu'ran but their is definitely one for the Bible. Furthermore, I am not using the Bible to claim that their interpretation is wrong, I am using their own book: the Qu'ran to show that God (YHWH) and Allah are not the same person.

Strangelove
My point is simply that the Bible never mentions Allah or Muhammed. So if the God of the Bible (YHWH) and the god of the Qu'ran are one and the same then there ought to be some agreement between the two with respect to both books. But there is not one iota of evidence that they are the same person. There is no correlation between what the Bible reveals and what the Qu'ran states. The Bible and the Qu'ran have nothing in common.

That is where you are wrong. There is a single right interpretation of the Bible. There may not exist one for the Qu'ran but their is definitely one for the Bible. Furthermore, I am not using the Bible to claim that their interpretation is wrong, I am using their own book: the Qu'ran to show that God (YHWH) and Allah are not the same person. Well if you read anyone else's posts, then you'd have realized that the Qu'ran was written 500 years or so after the Bible.

Shakyamunison
...That is where you are wrong. There is a single right interpretation of the Bible...

That is your belief. However, it lead to blindness and suffering of the "soul".

ADarksideJedi

I wonder why the bible does not talk about Allah.For one thing he is not real.Sorry going by my thoughts not trying to offend anyone.jm

JesusIsAlive
Well if you read anyone else's posts, then you'd have realized that the Qu'ran was written 500 years or so after the Bible.

But you are missing my point: if God (YHWH) and Allah are one and the same then why don't their writings say so? Why isn't their any agreement between the Bible and the Qu'ran about something as simple as this? I created this thread to point up the fact that YHWH and Allah are not the same person. God practically states from Genesis to Revelation that He has a Son yet the Qu'ran denies this fact repeatedly. So just because it was written 500 years later it should still agree with the Bible if it came from God (YHWH). But it doesn't agree, it doesn't even come close. There are so many discrepancies and inconsistencies in the Qu'ran relative to the Bible that it is obvious that it did not come from God. But the Bible (which is a collection of 66 different books, written by 40 different writers over a 1600 year period) is extraordinarily harmonious. There is not one book in the Bible that denies that God has a Son. There is not one page of Scripture where God is called Allah. There is not one chapter or verse that lacks continuity. One can read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and personally observe how congruent each book of the Bible is and how it correlates and fits in with another book.

Shakyamunison
But you are missing my point: if God (YHWH) and Allah are one and the same then why don't their writings say so? Why isn't their any agreement between the Bible and the Qu'ran about something as simple as this? I created this thread to point up the fact that YHWH and Allah are not the same person. God practically states from Genesis to Revelation that He has a Son yet the Qu'ran denies this fact repeatedly. So just because it was written 500 years later it should still agree with the Bible if it came from God (YHWH). But it doesn't agree, it doesn't even come close. There are so many discrepancies and inconsistencies in the Qu'ran relative to the Bible that it is obvious that it did not come from God. But the Bible (which is a collection of 66 different books, written by 40 different writers over a 1600 year period) is extraordinarily harmonious. There is not one book in the Bible that denies that God has a Son. There is not one page of Scripture where God is called Allah. There is not one chapter or verse that lacks continuity. One can read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and personally observe how congruent each book of the Bible is and how it correlates and fits in with another book.

Because they are both myths.

King Kandy
There is not one page of Scripture where God is called Allah. COLOR]
This is where your argument falls flat... Since Allah MEANS God, that's a pretty stupid argument.

You were hinging your argument on the fact that Neither the bible nor the Qu'ran clarifies that God is Allah. They don't have too. For two reasons.

A. God=Allah. The two terms are synonymous. Everytime you hear the Qu'ran saying Allah, they are not saying that is God's name. Allah is a word for God. It means God.

B. Since both religions are monotheistic, it is ASSUMED that the God they refer to (YHWH or Allah, the two are interchangeable) is the one true God. Therefore, that God's identity does not need to be clarified. It's taken as a given that Allah/God is himself.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I wonder why the bible does not talk about Allah.For one thing he is not real.Sorry going by my thoughts not trying to offend anyone.jm

I agree Allah is not real, he is an idol, the moon god to be exact.

http://www.ericbarger.com/whoisallah.htm

King Kandy
I agree Allah is not real, he is an idol, the moon god to be exact.

http://www.ericbarger.com/whoisallah.htm
That argument got blasted to shit in the other thread...

King Kandy
The crux of the discussion is right! The Quran only follows CERTAIN parts of the bible, you are 100% correct there.

But there is equally no doubt that Allah is stated to be the God of Abraham in the Qu'ran.

Ah, contradictions...

Gregory

It's not my job to educate idiots who refuse to learn. And you demanding that other people back up statements breaks my irony meter.

"In the beginning, there was Allah..."

You know that Allah is just Arabic for "God" because people have told you so many times.

You would know that Muslims worship the Christian god--or maybe it would be more appropriate to say Jewish god?--if you weren't uttely blinded by hatered and biggotry. It's been so, so clearly pointed out that your "Moon god" garbage is just that--garbage--and yet you can't stop spewing it. Why do you do this? Do you get off on publicly humiliating yourself?

I've said it before and I'll say it again--its a damn good thing most people here know better then to judge your religionj based on you. You disgrace yourself, and your faith.

JesusIsAlive
It's not my job to educate idiots who refuse to learn. And you demanding that other people back up statements breaks my irony meter.

"In the beginning, there was Allah..."

You know that Allah is just Arabic for "God" because people have told you so many times.

Why do you do this? Do you get off on publicly humiliating yourself?

I have shown repeatedly that they cannot be the same person (and they are not). Therefore, the God of the Bible and Allah are not one and the same. God (YHWH) has a Son, but Allah denies having a son.

Can you see this Gregory?

JesusIsAlive
Get a grip... Allah is an Islamic word for the god of Abraham.

It is impossible for the God of the Bible (YHWH) and Allah to be the same person. It is revealed throughout the Bible (in a number of books) that God has a Son. But according to the Qu'ran Allah denies having a son. You know why? Because the God of the Bible and Allah are not the same person.

Gregory
You haven't shown anything

Have you read the Koran? Do you deny that Allah is clearly, repeatedly, and explicitly stated to be the god of Abraham?

JesusIsAlive
You haven't shown jack squat; I see a bigot wallowing in his own ignorance, and I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to try to talk to you again. Nostalgia?

Have you read the Koran? Do you deny that Allah is clearly, repeatedly, and explicitly stated to be the god of Abraham?

You are side-stepping the fact that there is a glaring contradiction between what you say about the God of the Bible and Allah. You seem to lack the ability to counter what I say with a cogent response, and instead resort to name-calling.

sad

Gregory
I ditched the name-calling before you responded (and does someone who claims I'm a sinner who's going to hell for all eternity even have the right to complain? Ah well.). And I am not side-stepping anything. Let's try an analogy.

The hero of our analogy is a man named Bob Myers. You don't know him, because he doesn't exist, but in the world of our analogy, he is extremely famous. So famous, in fact, that he has had numerous biographies written about him. The two most popular biographies, of course, are "Bob Myer: His Life and Times" and "The Bob Myers Story."

Now Bob, as we know, is quite the contentious figure. He's been at the center of numerous scandles, and rumors run rampant about him. The most popular rumor is that he has a wife running around somewhere; he married her, it is said, durring his ten-year stay in India. Nobody knows for sure, though.

Jack Frit, the author of "His Life and Times" states catagorically in his book that Bob did, in fact, get married while in India.

Zak Writ, author of "The Bob Myers Story" claims in his best-selling book that this is nothing but an absurd legend.

We know have two books, about the same person, that explicitly contradict each other.

Do you see where I am going with this?

If someone was claiming that the Koran and the Bible are both perfectly accurate representations of God/Allah, then the fact that they contradict each other would mean something. Congratulations--you've convincingly demonstrated that they can't both be right.

That is not the same, however, as proving that Allah isn't YHWH.

Quiero Mota
You are side-stepping the fact that there is a glaring contradiction between what you say about the God of the Bible and Allah. You seem to lack the ability to counter what I say with a cogent response, and instead resort to name-calling.

sad

You never answered his question: have you ever read the Koran??

If you havent then shut the hell up. And saying "I've read a couple pages" deosn't count.

JesusIsAlive
I ditched the name-calling before you responded (and does someone who claims I'm a sinner who's going to hell for all eternity even have the right to complain? Ah well.). And I am not side-stepping anything. Let's try an analogy.

The hero of our analogy is a man named Bob Myers. You don't know him, because he doesn't exist, but in the world of our analogy, he is extremely famous. So famous, in fact, that he has had numerous biographies written about him. The two most popular biographies, of course, are "Bob Myer: His Life and Times" and "The Bob Myers Story."

Now Bob, as we know, is quite the contentious figure. He's been at the center of numerous scandles, and rumors run rampant about him. The most popular rumor is that he has a wife running around somewhere; he married her, it is said, durring his ten-year stay in India. Nobody knows for sure, though.

Jack Frit, the author of "His Life and Times" states catagorically in his book that Bob did, in fact, get married while in India.

Zak Writ, author of "The Bob Myers Story" claims in his best-selling book that this is nothing but an absurd legend.

We know have two books, about the same person, that explicitly contradict each other.

Do you see where I am going with this?

If someone was claiming that the Koran and the Bible are both perfectly accurate representations of God/Allah, then the fact that they contradict each other would mean something. Congratulations--you've convincingly demonstrated that they can't both be right.

That is not the same, however, as proving that Allah isn't YHWH.

No, I don't know where you are going with this (sorry).

There is a difference between saying that the Bible contradicts itself (which it does not) and saying that there is a contradiction between what you say about the God of the Bible and Allah being one and the same person. The contradiction is on the Islamic side of the fence concerning the fallacy that God (YHWH) and Allah are the same person. Remember: the Bible was written first so the contradiction must be with the Qu'ran not with the Bible. Moreover, if the God of the Bible and Allah were the same person then their respective books ought to correspond. But the fact of the matter is that the message and contents of the Qu'ran (which came later) does not agree with the (it is completely incompatible and inconsistent) with the Truth of the Bible.

God (YHWH) and Allah are not one and the same person. You seem to repeatedly gloss over this point (and this is the crux of the discussion).

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You never answered his question: have you ever read the Koran??

If you havent then shut the hell up. And saying "I've read a couple pages" deosn't count.

I have read enough of the Qu'ran to know and conclude that it is not God's (YHWH's) Book, and that Allah and the God of the Bible are absolutely, positively, unequivocally, and incontrovertibly--not the same person.

Gregory
No, I don't know where you are going with this (sorry).

There is a difference between saying that the Bible contradicts itself (which it does not) and saying that there is a contradiction between what you say about the God of the Bible and Allah being one and the same person. The contradiction is on the Islamic side of the fence concerning the fallacy that God (YHWH) and Allah are the same person. Remember: the Bible was written first so the contradiction must be with the Qu'ran not with the Bible. Moreover, if the God of the Bible and Allah were the same person then their respective books ought to correspond. But the fact of the matter is that the message and contents of the Qu'ran (which came later) does not agree with the (it is completely incompatible and inconsistent) with the Truth of the Bible.

God (YHWH) and Allah are not one and the same person. You seem to repeatedly gloss over this point (and this is the crux of the discussion).

Well, I tried. I think that the other people in this thread understand me, and I literally do not see how I can be any more clear. You say, "Moreover, if the God of the Bible and Allah were the same person then their respective books ought to correspond." Was my analogy really so poor that you didn't even get this from it? Books can be about the same person, place, or organizations and still contradict each other. You can't have two perfectly accurate books about the same person that contradict each other, but I don't suppose you believe the Koran is perfectly accurate.

Whether Bob has a wife or not, Life and Times and Story are still both about him.

Whether God has a son or not (I was originally going to actually use "illigitimate son" in my analogy to drive it home, but I thought you might think it was disrespectful), the Bible and the Koran are still both about him.

Quiero Mota

Yes they are. "Allah" simply means God in Arabic, just like "Yahweh" does in Hebrew, just like "God" does in English. Thats what you don't understand.

If you've really read 'enough' of the Koran (as you claim) then you would know that book states a million times that "Allah" (which again, is just the Arabic word for God) is the god of Adam, Abraham, Noa, Moses, and Jesus.

I have read enough of the Qu'ran

Nope, not good enough.

And the rest of your post is bullshit by the way.

Devil King
"Let Us... Our image... Our likeness...."is talking about the triune God of which Jesus Christ is included.

No, it does not. It's about humanity, the creation of man. It absolutely does not involve the Jewish prophecy that Jesus later, among many others....many other contemporaries I might add...included himself. Jesus simply won the "who fits the self-procliamed bill?" lottery. That's why you're still talking about him today. On top of all that, you chastise the catholics for their beliefs but then turn around and say that god has mulitple personality disorder? This persona is so full of shit it should be wiping it's mouth after it speaks.

Again, I shouldn't have to explain your own religion to you.

JesusIsAlive
Well, I tried. I think that the other people in this thread understand me, and I literally do not see how I can be any more clear. You say, "Moreover, if the God of the Bible and Allah were the same person then their respective books ought to correspond." Was my analogy really so poor that you didn't even get this from it? Books can be about the same person, place, or organizations and still contradict each other.

The contradiction concerns a cardinal Truth of the Bible that God has a Son. The fact that the Qu'ran denies this is a powerful case against the God of the Bible and Allah being the same person. I mean it is one thing to contradict something in an area that is minute and trivial, but the very foundation of faith for millions of people rests on the Truth that God has a Son, Who died for the sins of the entire world according to the Bible (i.e. the Scriptures). That He was buried and then that He rose the third day so that whoever puts their faith in Him (the Son of God who the Qu'ran flat out denies) will not perish but have everlasting life. How in the world can the Qu'ran drop the ball on something as critical as God having a Son?

How?

I tell you how: because the God of the Bible and Allah are not the same person (period). Sorry, but these are the facts.

sad

JesusIsAlive
No, it does not. It's about humanity, the creation of man. It absolutely does not involve the Jewish prophecy that Jesus later, among many others....many other contemporaries I might add...included himself. Jesus simply won the "who fits the self-procliamed bill?" lottery. That's why you're still talking about him today. On top of all that, you chastise the catholics for their beliefs but then turn around and say that god has mulitple personality disorder? This persona is so full of shit it should be wiping it's mouth after it speaks.

Again, I shouldn't have to explain your own religion to you.

I absolutely did not understand a word of what you wrote. Could you please try again?

sad

Quiero Mota
How in the world can the Qu'ran drop the ball on something as critical as God having a Son?

If youve actually read the Koran like you said you did, you would have your answer.

In fact thats addressed in like the fourth or fifth sura.

Quiero Mota
I absolutely did not understand a word of what you wrote. Could you please try again?

sad

Hes saying that that line in Genesis is referring to all of humankind.

Its not fortelling the coming of Christ.

Devil King
But you are missing my point: if God (YHWH) and Allah are one and the same then why don't their writings say so?

They DO, you dumb fu*k! All you're doing is saying the Star Wars trilogy ended after The Empire Strikes Back and that no one had anything else to say about it! That doesn't change the fact that a 4000 year old story continued after the Torah was written.

Devil King

sad

Is that supposed to suprise anyone? You don't even understand the very book you procliam to be the word of god! How are you expected to understand anything, let alone your own beliefs?

King Kandy
But you are missing my point: if God (YHWH) and Allah are one and the same then why don't their writings say so?
Because the terms "God" and "Allah" are interchangeable.

Quiero Mota
Is that supposed to suprise anyone? You don't even understand the very book you procliam to be the word of god! How are you expected to understand anything, let alone your own beliefs?

Much less, a book he hasn't even read...

Gregory
The contradiction concerns a cardinal Truth of the Bible that God has a Son. The fact that the Qu'ran denies this is a powerful case against the God of the Bible and Allah being the same person. I mean it is one thing to contradict something in an area that is minute and trivial, but the very foundation of faith for millions of people rests on the Truth that God has a Son, Who died for the sins of the entire world according to the Bible (i.e. the Scriptures). That He was buried and then that He rose the third day so that whoever puts their faith in Him (the Son of God who the Qu'ran flat out denies) will not perish but have everlasting life. How in the world can the Qu'ran drop the ball on something as critical as God having a Son?

How?

I tell you how: because the God of the Bible and Allah are not the same person (period). Sorry, but these are the facts.

sad

Sorry, no.

Just no. "Well this is important!" is not a valid counter-argument. I'm not even sure why you'd think it was.

Apropos of nothing, but I'm curious. Have you read the Bible cover-to-cover?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by King Kandy
Because the terms "God" and "Allah" are interchangeable.

Exactly. The dumbass doesnt understand that he's only arguing linguistics and has no point.

JIA, here's an example: "Caballo" is the Spanish word for horse. Does that mean that caballos and horses are two completely different animals?? No, they're just two different words for the exact same thing.

Devil King
Much less, a book he hasn't even read...

Of course he hasn't read it. He's a sock looking for the exact reactions we're all giving him. And like I said before, "just because he's a sock doesn't mean he can't contribute to a conversation". Otherwise, he wouldn't copy and paste his beliefs. And that's actually what most christians do, they copy and paste their beliefs because of what their pastor says. They do no critical thinking or research of their own. They're the very sheep they describe themselves to be.

Again, I ask: Why has no one banned this nutbag?

JesusIsAlive
Hes saying that that line in Genesis is referring to all of humankind.

Its not fortelling the coming of Christ.

?... I didn't say that it was foretelling anything...?

I said that Genesis 1:26 substantiates that Jesus Christ is mentioned in the Torah.

Gregory
Of course he hasn't read it. He's a sock looking for the exact reactions we're all giving him. And like I said before, "just because he's a sock doesn't mean he can't contribute to a conversation". Otherwise, he wouldn't copy and paste his beliefs. And that's actually what most christians do, they copy and paste their beliefs because of what their pastor says. They do no critical thinking or research of their own. They're the very sheep they describe themselves to be.

Again, I ask: Why has no one banned this nutbag?

I originally thought he was a troll, too. He sounds like one, but if he his, he's amazingly persistant..

JesusIsAlive
Sorry, no.

Just no. "Well this is important!" is not a valid counter-argument. I'm not even sure why you'd think it was.

Apropos of nothing, but I'm curious. Have you read the Bible cover-to-cover?

Yes, just curious, have you?

Gregory
All of the New Testament, but not all of the OT.

Devil King
?... I didn't say that it was foretelling anything...?

I said that Genesis 1:26 substantiates that Jesus Christ is mentioned in the Torah.

Then copy and paste the verse where it mentions the person of Jesus of Nazareth, not the prophecy he claims to have fulfilled. (which that verse does not address) "We", "Ours" and "Ours" isn't mentioning anybody by name, or even figuratively. It doesn't address it at all! Taken literally, God is talking about himself. The point with which you want to take exception is the dismissable truth that Jesus was god, or that god was talking about Jesus. If god is as all-knowing as you want to make him out to be, then surely he wouldn't have said something that wasn't so refutable and ambigious!

I originally thought he was a troll, too, but if he his, he's amazingly determined.

Being a sock and a troll are two different things. Hes a sock that's trolling.

Devil King
Yes, just curious, have you?

Well, way to fail at life. Loser.

JesusIsAlive
Exactly. The dumbass doesnt understand that he's only arguing linguistics and has no point.

JIA, here's an example: "Caballo" is the Spanish word for horse. Does that mean that caballos and horses are two completely different animals?? No, they're just two different words for the exact same thing.

For the umpteenth time plus one, I am not discussing semantics or linguistics. I--am--saying--that--the--God--of--the--Bible--and--Allah--cannot--possibly--be--the--same--person--BECAUSE (sorry if the caps comes off offensive, I did it solely for empahsis--God (YHWH)--states--in--His--Word--that--He--has--a--Son--but--Allah--in--the--Qu'ran--denies--having--a--son. For--THIS--reason (and this has nothing to do with Allah meaning god in Arabic, this is irrelevant because I am not talking about that)--the--God--of--the--Bible--and--Allah--cannot--be--the--same--person.

Did you get this?

They--cannot--be--the--same--because--one--has--a--Son (the God of the Bible)--and--the--other--denies--having--a--son (Allah denies having a son). This--is--a--major--contradiction--so--they--cannot--be--the--same--person.

Do you finally understand my point?

JesusIsAlive
edit

Gregory
Well, way to fail at life. Loser.

Some of the most fundamentalist, aggresive Christians I've known have never even read their holy book all the way through. If JIA has actually taken the time to read his holy book, I at least give him more credit then I give them.

JIA, you won't deny that the Koran has Allah explicitly say that he is the God of Abraham?

Goddess Kali
JIA, the Old Testament does not mention Jesus Christ, it simply stated that there would be a savior to God's people.

That could be anyone, Jesus Christ was not present until the New Testament where he is then said to be savior.

If God is the Father, and he exists, then yes he has a son...all of us. God cannot be a Father to anyone, if Jesus is his one and only son...

According to your mythology, God created us all, and birthed us all...therefore we are all his sons and daughters, regardless of whether or not you agree so. IT can logically be no other way.

Devil King
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
IT can logically be no other way.

Sure it can. By calling yourselves sheep and then literally acting that way for 2000 years.

And before Feceman comes into the thread and says that the self-describing noun of "sheep" is old hat and easily dimissed, I give you JesusIsAlive as an example. And you could argue that there aren't "real" christians out there that act exactly as this sock persona acts, but you'd be wrong. (and it's these people with whom I'm arguing, not the sock himself)

I will always defer to a knowledgable christian, capable of sound critical thinking, as the best example of christians. But, and I direct this soley at JIA, your own bretheren call you an idiot. So, not only do you want to pretend you have the market cornered on truth, but you want to act like you have the market conered with your own brand of truth.

You have serious self confidence issues. (which should be evident in the fact that you are a sock blathering on about things the man behind the keyboard likely dismisses or takes so seriously he has to be three different people to get one point across) This is exactly what i have said of your brand of christian in the past. You want to be so secure in your version of lemming behavior that you want everyone else to act and believe in the same manner, simply to reassure yourself. No christian that truely believes in his or her heart that they're right would act as you do. You're just too affraid to be the first lemming off the cliff, because you're afraid none of the others will follow you after they witness your flailing body smash on the rocks below. Grow up, grow a pair and then start preaching. On top of that, you want to cite spreading the truth as your basis for operation, when clearly you don't realize you aren't changing any hearts, minds or lives by preaching on the internet. So, this sock fails at life. Try another, and try one that practices what he preaches.

Quiero Mota
For the umpteenth time plus one, I am not discussing semantics or linguistics. I--am--saying--that--the--God--of--the--Bible--and--Allah--cannot--possibly--be--the--same--person--BECAUSE (sorry if the caps comes off offensive, I did it solely for empahsis--God (YHWH)--states--in--His--Word--that--He--has--a--Son--but--Allah--in--the--Qu'ran--denies--having--a--son. For--THIS--reason (and this has nothing to do with Allah meaning god in Arabic, this is irrelevant because I am not talking about that)--the--God--of--the--Bible--and--Allah--cannot--be--the--same--person.

Did you get this?

They--cannot--be--the--same--because--one--has--a--Son (the God of the Bible)--and--the--other--denies--having--a--son (Allah denies having a son). This--is--a--major--contradiction--so--they--cannot--be--the--same--person.

Do you finally understand my point?

Yeah I understand your point, but youre wrong.

I know that God/Allah says in the Bible that Jesus is his son, and God/Allah says in the Koran that this isnt the case; Jesus was just a man, a great Prophet, but still human.

The Koran maintains that Jesus being God's son was a mistake or some kind of mistranslations of the Christians.

That one thing aside, the Koran states that God breathed life into Adam just like in the Bible. It says that he is the same God of Abraham, David, Moses and so on. But you dont know that, because you havent read the Koran.

You just dont like the fact that Christianity and Islam are related. You wanna seperate the two as much as possible (probably for some personal reason) and the base of your whole "argument" is over a word: Allah.

Shakyamunison
It is impossible for the God of the Bible (YHWH) and Allah to be the same person. It is revealed throughout the Bible (in a number of books) that God has a Son. But according to the Qu'ran Allah denies having a son. You know why? Because the God of the Bible and Allah are not the same person.

wacko So you think God is a person?

JesusIsAlive
Then copy and paste the verse where it mentions the person of Jesus of Nazareth, not the prophecy he claims to have fulfilled. (which that verse does not address) "We", "Ours" and "Ours" isn't mentioning anybody by name, or even figuratively. It doesn't address it at all! Taken literally, God is talking about himself. The point with which you want to take exception is the dismissable truth that Jesus was god, or that god was talking about Jesus. If god is as all-knowing as you want to make him out to be, then surely he wouldn't have said something that wasn't so refutable and ambigious!

Being a sock and a troll are two different things. Hes a sock that's trolling.

God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit (this is Who God is); therefore, Jesus Christ is included.

leonheartmm
LMAO, JIA i think ur familiar with jesus's last words on the cross

"ELLOIH ELLOIH LAMA SABAKTAGIN"

oh god oh god why hast thou forsaken me.

elloih{hebrew}= ALLAH{arabic}

fact is muslims believe that the god yahweh/jehovah is the same as allah. they believe that the christians changed his teachings to create a trinity and made christ one with him{tried to} and theres proof of that as christ himself never claimed to be god or the son o god. and seeing as hardly a MINIATURE fraction of the bible is the red letter bible{actual recollections of the teachings of christ} and almost all the wrest of the new testament is revelation on SAINTS, like john etc. and they introduced the idea of him being god.

{btw ur idea of god, father/son/holy spirit is very insulting to what should be an omnipotent being, mere concepts like sex, fatherhood, or having to sacrifice sumthing to save other things should not confine an omnipotent being}

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
JIA, the Old Testament does not mention Jesus Christ, it simply stated that there would be a savior to God's people.

That could be anyone, Jesus Christ was not present until the New Testament where he is then said to be savior.

If God is the Father, and he exists, then yes he has a son...all of us. God cannot be a Father to anyone, if Jesus is his one and only son...

According to your mythology, God created us all, and birthed us all...therefore we are all his sons and daughters, regardless of whether or not you agree so. IT can logically be no other way.

The Old Testament mentions Jesus Christ a number of times (but not as Jesus, but as He was before He became flesh. He was referred to as the Son, Word, YHWH, Elohim, I AM, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Son of Man, etc.

John 8:43-44
Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.

Jesus Christ called those Jews that He spoke to children of the devil. (This is one example of what I meant when I said that God is the one making the distinctions not me Goddess Kali). So, no we are not all God's children, but we are all God's creation (there is a difference).

John 1:12-13
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Based on this Scripture it is clear that being a child of God is a choice, not something that we are by default since we are God's creation. We are all God's creation, but we are not all God's children.

JesusIsAlive
wacko So you think God is a person?

Yes, God is a Person. This is another contradiction between the God of the Bible and Allah. Based on the Bible Allah is not a person but a false god. There is only one, true God seated on the throne in Heaven, His Name is YHWH. But YHWH is the triune God Who is wonderfully comprised of Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

big grin

leonheartmm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
LMAO, JIA i think ur familiar with jesus's last words on the cross

"ELLOIH ELLOIH LAMA SABAKTAGIN"

oh god oh god why hast thou forsaken me.

elloih{hebrew}= ALLAH{arabic}

fact is muslims believe that the god yahweh/jehovah is the same as allah. they believe that the christians changed his teachings to create a trinity and made christ one with him{tried to} and theres proof of that as christ himself never claimed to be god or the son o god. and seeing as hardly a MINIATURE fraction of the bible is the red letter bible{actual recollections of the teachings of christ} and almost all the wrest of the new testament is revelation on SAINTS, like john etc. and they introduced the idea of him being god.

{btw ur idea of god, father/son/holy spirit is very insulting to what should be an omnipotent being, mere concepts like sex, fatherhood, or having to sacrifice sumthing to save other things should not confine an omnipotent being}

jesus:"the father is greater than i!" funny thing to say if ur an aspect of god

King Kandy
Based on the Bible Allah is a false god? The bible doesn't mention him.

Oh wait, it does. Everytime the word "God" springs up, it's "Allah" in Arabic.

chithappens

Someone else said it finally

JesusIsAlive

I am still waiting (probably until Hell freezes over) for you to explain how the God of the Bible (Who has a Son) could possibly be the same person mentioned in the Qu'ran as Allah (who flat out denies having a son). You have yet to reconcile this one glaring contradiction. Telling me that they are the same person because Allah means god in Arabic does not address the unmistakable discrepancy that God has a Son but Allah denies this fact. I honestly do not believe that you are capable of supporting your claim that YHWH and Allah are the same person. Perhaps this is why you persist in saying that since Allah means god in Arabic that it automatically must refer to the God of the Bible which cannot possibly be true based on my incontrovertible defense to that assertion.

Suppose I create a new username in another language that means or corresponds to "JesusIsAlive," but then I inform everyone on this forum that I am still JesusIsAlive, I just have a different name. But I affirm to you all that my new username means JesusIsAlive in this other language and that me and JesusIsAlive is one and the same person. Now here is the kicker: suppose I start posting things that contradict what you know about me. For example, what if I starting posting things like, "Jesus is dead", or that "God (YHWH) does not exist", or that "there are many ways to God", or that "Jesus never existed", or that "the Bible is not true," what would you began to think? You would start to think that either I am lying, joking, that I have changed my mind about what I previously believed, that I am schizo--or that I am not truly JesusIsAlive. Is Allah lying about not having a son, joking, has he changed his mind about what he previously believed, is he schizo--or is Allah not truly the God of the Bible? I believe that Allah is not truly the God of the Bible. Allah is supposedly god so I do not believe that he would lie about not having a son. Allah is never described as being a "joking" deity in the Qu'ran (far from having any emotion actually). Allah has no reason to change his mind about having a son, and there is no reason to believe that Allah is schizo. So that only leaves one alternative to explain why Allah denies having a son (if he and the God of the Bible are the same person): Allah is not truly the God of the Bible, he is--that's right, a false god. This is the most plausible explanation for the contradiction.

Please re-read this post before responding because I do not think that you understand what the issue under discussion is. You think that I am arguing semantics and linguistics and I am not. I am saying that if YHWH and Allah are the same person then they should both have a son but they do not. And since they do not this is a glaring contradiction, and this refutes the claim that they are the same person.

Can you see this King Kandy or are you going to write me another post that fails to address this conspicuous contradiction? The whole YHWH = Allah premise is not tenable because YHWH has a Son (is this registering with you?) YHWH has a Son, Allah does not so how can they be the same person?

Goddess Kali
The Old Testament mentions Jesus Christ a number of times (but not as Jesus, but as He was before He became flesh. He was referred to as the Son, Word, YHWH, Elohim, I AM, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Son of Man, etc.

The Old Testament mentions God, JIA..God..not Jesus.

Jesus is not mentioned, Christ is not mentioned, the Son is not mentioned until the New Testament.

The Jews initially rejected Christ, because he did not fit the discription of the Savior that God would originally send them. They expected a warrior who would free them from the oppression of Rome, not a humble, loving, lamb like Jesus.

Jesus Christ is not mentioned in the Old Testament...please give me one reference where JESUS CHRIST is actually mentioned, that name, that identity, and I will apologize and call you correct.

John 8:43-44
Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.

That's a cop out. People are not either good or evil, innocent or guilty, Godly or Demonic. The Human Race, personality, mentality, and spirit is FAR more complicated than that.

You ignore the greys, and divide everything into black and white. Like I stated before, that is dangerous and ignorant thinking, and the worst part is that you know this.

You aren't sincerely ignorant, JIA, you are intentionally ignorant. Why ?

children of the devil. (This is one example of what I meant when I said that God is the one making the distinctions not me Goddess Kali). So, no we are not all God's children, but we are all God's creation (there is a difference).

Jesusisalive, you are making the distinction, not God. The Bible is not proven to be the word of God, you just beleive it to be so. You take pieces of the Bible you like, and ignore the rest.

Tell me JIA...do you feel women should be allowed to speak in the Church ? Because the Bible states Women should never speak in Church..i made a thread about this earlier.

Do you beleive that homosexuals should be killed, because they are gay ? The Bible clearly states that homosexuality between men is a sin punishable by death.

So should Gays be executed here, like they are in Iraq and other Islamic nations ?

Your Bible seems to have no problem with that....

Are you 100% loyal to the Bible, or do you nitpick and select like EVERY single Christian does ? erm

Based on this Scripture it is clear that being a child of God is a choice, not something that we are by default since we are God's creation. We are all God's creation, but we are not all God's children.

I understand your point. God can disown one as his child, if the person chooses to disobey or disbeleive, as a Conservative Christian parent may disown a son or daughter for being Gay.

What a kind, loving, and understanding God you have thumb down

lord xyz
What do you have to say to these JIA?

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/Allah/BibAllah.html

http://www.answering-christianity.com/allah.htm

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
Honestly, I think that I nitpick.

sad

I understand your point. God can disown one as his child, if the person chooses to disobey or disbeleive, as a Conservative Christian parent may disown a son or daughter for being Gay.

God is not disowning anyone. If you are not saved then you were never His child to begin with.

What a kind, loving, and understanding God you have thumb down

God is very understanding it is other people who lack understanding. God has gone out of His way to show His love for you and the rest of the world. Do you think that God giving up His Son to die and be tortured by sinful men, and be treated with absolute contempt was easy for Him to do? Would you give your son (hypothetically speaking) up to be tortured by and to die for a bunch of wicked, sinful, ungrateful, unappreciative, dishonoring, disrespectful, abominable, unthankful, people? Would you let your worst enemies have an unrestrained field day with your daughter? You think that God just sat back and enjoyed what His Son went through? HE PERMITTED HIS SON TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THAT FOR YOU (and the rest of the world) , and yes it hurt God to subject His Son to all of that. But He loved you so much that He wouldn't even spare His own Son to save you from Hell.

sad

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by lord xyz
What do you have to say to these JIA?

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/Allah/BibAllah.html

http://www.answering-christianity.com/allah.htm

My response to you is the same as my response to King Kandy. Are you read lord xyz? Prepare yourself like a man (just kidding) big grin

I am still waiting (probably until Hell freezes over) for you to explain how the God of the Bible (Who has a Son) could possibly be the same person mentioned in the Qu'ran as Allah (who flat out denies having a son). You have yet to reconcile this one glaring contradiction. Telling me that they are the same person because Allah means god in Arabic does not address the unmistakable discrepancy that God has a Son but Allah denies this fact. I honestly do not believe that you are capable of supporting your claim that YHWH and Allah are the same person. Perhaps this is why you persist in saying that since Allah means god in Arabic that it automatically must refer to the God of the Bible which cannot possibly be true based on my incontrovertible defense to that assertion.

Suppose I create a new username in another language that means or corresponds to "JesusIsAlive," but then I inform everyone on this forum that I am still JesusIsAlive, I just have a different name. But I affirm to you all that my new username means JesusIsAlive in this other language and that me and JesusIsAlive is one and the same person. Now here is the kicker: suppose I start posting things that contradict what you know about me. For example, what if I starting posting things like, "Jesus is dead", or that "God (YHWH) does not exist", or that "there are many ways to God", or that "Jesus never existed", or that "the Bible is not true," what would you began to think? You would start to think that either I am lying, joking, that I have changed my mind about what I previously believed, that I am schizo--or that I am not truly JesusIsAlive. Is Allah lying about not having a son, joking, has he changed his mind about what he previously believed, is he schizo--or is Allah not truly the God of the Bible? I believe that Allah is not truly the God of the Bible. Allah is supposedly god so I do not believe that he would lie about not having a son. Allah is never described as being a "joking" deity in the Qu'ran (far from having any emotion actually). Allah has no reason to change his mind about having a son, and there is no reason to believe that Allah is schizo. So that only leaves one alternative to explain why Allah denies having a son (if he and the God of the Bible are the same person): Allah is not truly the God of the Bible, he is--that's right, a false god. This is the most plausible explanation for the contradiction.

Please re-read this post before responding because I do not think that you understand what the issue under discussion is. You think that I am arguing semantics and linguistics and I am not. I am saying that if YHWH and Allah are the same person then they should both have a son but they do not. And since they do not this is a glaring contradiction, and this refutes the claim that they are the same person.

Can you see this King Kandy or are you going to write me another post that fails to address this conspicuous contradiction? The whole YHWH = Allah premise is not tenable because YHWH has a Son (is this registering with you?) YHWH has a Son, Allah does not so how can they be the same person?

Shakyamunison
Yes, God is a Person. This is another contradiction between the God of the Bible and Allah. Based on the Bible Allah is not a person but a false god. There is only one, true God seated on the throne in Heaven, His Name is YHWH. But YHWH is the triune God Who is wonderfully comprised of Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

big grin

I feel sorry for you. If god was a person, then the universe would be a far smaller place.

JesusIsAlive
I feel sorry for you. If god was a person, then the universe would be a far smaller place.

Please, don't feel sorry for me, feel joy and euphoria for me! I am going to Heaven! I am going to see God!

big grin

Happy Dance

rolling on floor laughing

smile

jump

clap

pile

clapping

dance

Shakyamunison
Please, don't feel sorry for me, feel joy and euphoria for me! I am going to Heaven! I am going to see God!

big grin

Happy Dance

smile

jump

clap

pile

clapping

dance

I take it you will wait until you die. What a waist of a life. You can be in heaven right now, and realize your connection to God in this life.

JesusIsAlive
I take it you will wait until you die. What a waist of a life. You can be in heaven right now, and realize your connection to God in this life.

Heaven is a place (an actual locale). I do not believe that I am wasting my life because I am taking in the sights, sounds, and other things that life all around me has to offer--but I have the added peace of mind and security that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

There is a good possibility that Jesus Christ will return before I die and catch me up in the clouds with Him.

1 Thessanlonians 4:13-18
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep , lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus .
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

jump

clap

pile

clapping

dance

big grin

Happy Dance

smile

Shakyamunison
^JIA you are filled with delusion. There is no other world.

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison
^ Now all you are doing is Spamming. If you continue, I will report it.

Devil King
The Old Testament mentions Jesus Christ a number of times.

Not only are you a troll and a sock, but you are a liar.

JesusIsAlive
^ Now all you are doing is Spamming. If you continue, I will report it.

Then report it.

big grin

Shakyamunison
Then report it.

big grin

You do not care about the rules?

You do not care about other people?

JesusIsAlive
You do not care about the rules?

You do not care about other people?

Absolutely. I absolutely care about the rules and other people. I firmly believed that my post was pertinent to our discussion about Heaven and so that is why I posted those Scriptures in support.

Shakyamunison
Absolutely. I absolutely care about the rules and other people. I firmly believed that my post was pertinent to our discussion about Heaven and so that is why I posted those Scriptures in support.

I considered it to be rude. Only because it was a wall that you put up between us.

Devil King
I firmly believed that my post was pertinent

What does this:

jump

clap

pile

clapping

dance

big grin

Happy Dance

smile

have to do with heaven?

JesusIsAlive
What does this:

have to do with heaven?

So now I am on trial for using smilies in my post?

giljotiini

Devil King
So now I am on trial for using smilies in my post?

giljotiini

On trial? What does the use of 15 smilies have to do with heaven? The whole forum knows that when you start to use them, you're getting aggitated. Loser.

JesusIsAlive
On trial? What does the use of 15 smilies have to do with heaven? The whole forum knows that when you start to use them, you're getting aggitated. Loser.

I do not believe that I sound agitated in my posts. In fact, it appears that you are agitated by your tone and language. Are you agitated Devil King? If so, why? Why are you angry with world? Why are you so bitter? Would you like to be forgiven of all of your sins so that you can go to Heaven?

confused

JesusIsAlive

It was nine not fifteen.

Devil King
It was nine not fifteen.

and what do they have to do with heaven?

JesusIsAlive
and what do they have to do with heaven?

I got this off of the smilie web page Devil King.

Even More Smilies!

Here are even more smilies for you to use on the KMC Forums!
To use any of the following smilies, please follow these instructions:

Step 1: Select and click on one of the smilies.
Step 2: When asked whether you want to copy the code to the clipboard, select "OK"
Step 3: Go back to the page where you were writing your message then paste the code you just copied. You can do this by either right-clicking and selecting "Paste" or by pressing the "CTRL" and "v" buttons down together.
You will now have the appropriate code to display the smilies in your post.

Tip: You can automatically create the smilie code yourself by enclosing your preferred smilie name with the # keyword. For example entering 1eye in your post would create the appropriate code to display the 1eye smilie.

If you have any questions or problems, please create a thread in the News and Questions forum.

If smilies were illegal on this forum then they should not have them. Futhermore a smiley is defined as such:

Smiley: A symbol in e-mail and newsgroup messages used to convey emotion, or simply amusement.

This is the purpose of a smiley Devil King, to convey emotion or simply amusement. This is the exact purpose that I used them for. Why are we discussing smilies anyway? Are you angry about something?

confused

Devil King
I got this off of the smilie web page Devil King.

Even More Smilies!

Here are even more smilies for you to use on the KMC Forums!
To use any of the following smilies, please follow these instructions:

Step 1: Select and click on one of the smilies.
Step 2: When asked whether you want to copy the code to the clipboard, select "OK"
Step 3: Go back to the page where you were writing your message then paste the code you just copied. You can do this by either right-clicking and selecting "Paste" or by pressing the "CTRL" and "v" buttons down together.
You will now have the appropriate code to display the smilies in your post.

Tip: You can automatically create the smilie code yourself by enclosing your preferred smilie name with the # keyword. For example entering 1eye in your post would create the appropriate code to display the 1eye smilie.

If you have any questions or problems, please create a thread in the News and Questions forum.

If smilies were illegal on this forum then they should not have them. Futhermore a smiley is defined as such:

Smiley: A symbol in e-mail and newsgroup messages used to convey emotion, or simply amusement.

This is the purpose of a smiley Devil King, to convey emotion or simply amusement. This is the exact purpose that I used them for. Why are discussing smilies anyway? Are you angry about something?

confused

What does emotion have to do with the "truth" of heaven?

JesusIsAlive
What does emotion have to do with the "truth" of heaven?

What does calling someone a loser have to do with a harmless discussion? I am not here to win anything. Emotion is a natural human characteristic, you express it and so do I. Why are you harping on this anyway? Are you angry about something? Are you irate that I would dare use a smiley in my post about Heaven? That is what smilies were designed for to convey emotion. You convey your emotion through name-calling and profanity (that you have edited). But I convey my emotion with words and smilies which are harmless.

sad

Devil King
What does calling someone a loser have to do with a harmless discussion? I am not here to win anything. Emotion is a natural human characteristic, you express it and so do I. Why are you harping on this anyway? Are you angry about something? Are you irate that I would dare use a smiley in my post about Heaven? That is what smilies were designed for to convey emotion. You convey your emotion through name-calling and profanity (that you have edited). But I convey my emotion with words and smilies which are harmless.

sad

No, I called you a loser for the same reasons I've always called you a loser. Because you lose at all debates you attempt. And everyone here is fully aware of why you over use smilies. You've been doing it for years. You over use them to be irritating and indignant, and then call it emotion over your message. It's crap, just like everything you say.

JesusIsAlive
No, I called you a loser for the same reasons I've always called you a loser. Because you lose at all debates you attempt. And everyone here is fully aware of why you over use smilies. You've been doing it for years. You over use them to be irritating and indignant, and then call it emotion over your message. It's crap, just like everything you say.

I am not in a contest with anyone so, therefore, I cannot lose. If you are competing with me about something then knock yourself out.

I think that you need anger management. I have never seen someone get so upset over a smiley before.

Devil King
I am not in a contest with anyone so, therefore, I cannot lose. If you are competing with me about something then knock yourself out.

I think that you need anger management. I have never seen someone get so upset over a smiley before.

And you haven't seen anyone get angry over it now. Again, you're falling back on the same tired tactics. Someone calls you out and you tell them they're angry or take the forums too seriously, while never once addressing their point. This makes you a loser. It also illusatrates that you're a sock. If everyone else takes the forums too seriously, then why do you troll it and create sock accounts? On top of the fact that this persona is preaching about the bible, god and Jesus. So, if it's all in fun, then why use it as a platform for preaching the word of god?

lord xyz
^JIA you are filled with delusion. There is no other world. My opinion is he's trying to annoy us. I mean just look at his title and sig. Unless he's from that hated American family who praise 9/11 and hate gays. ermm

JesusIsAlive
And you haven't seen anyone get angry over it now. Again, you're falling back on the same tired tactics. Someone calls you out and you tell them they're angry or take the forums too seriously, while never once addressing their point. This makes you a loser. It also illusatrates that you're a sock. If everyone else takes the forums too seriously, then why do you troll it and create sock accounts? On top of the fact that this persona is preaching about the bible, god and Jesus. So, if it's all in fun, then why use it as a platform for preaching the word of god?

Show me from my posts how I have not addressed your point.

I can reach more people here than I could anywhere else (and I have). My job is to sow the Word and that I have.

lord xyz

Did you get this?

Do you finally understand my point? When you say Allah, do you mean the God of the Quran?

lord xyz
My response to you is the same as my response to King Kandy. Are you read lord xyz? Prepare yourself like a man (just kidding) big grin Did you just ask if I am read?
Or rather, why are you avoiding the links I posted?

JesusIsAlive
Did you just ask if I am read?

I meant are you ready.

big grin

Devil King
Show me from my posts how I have not addressed your point.

I can reach more people here than I could anywhere else (and I have). My job is to sow the Word and that I have.

You want me to show you posts where you have failed to address any real point? Why? So you can continue to ignore the point and get me to repeat myself again?

Would you like to provide some evidence of all the KMC members you've converted to the flock? Or is their privacy important to them? But, then again, if you've "reached" so many people, they should be proud of their new found faith and be just as profound in their vocal celebration of the word.

So, who are these many members you're reached? And when will they come forward? (If you think about it, this is the perfect chance for you to create dozens of new sock accounts)

lord xyz
I meant are you ready.

big grin Oh. Now answer my second question.

JesusIsAlive
You want me to show you posts where you have failed to address any real point? Why? So you can continue to ignore the point and get me to repeat myself again?

Would you like to provide some evidence of all the KMC members you've converted to the flock? Or is their privacy important to them? But, then again, if you've "reached" so many people, they should be proud of their new found faith and be just as profound in their vocal celebration of the word.

So, who are these many members you're reached? And when will they come forward? (If you think about it, this is the perfect chance for you to create dozens of new sock accounts)

I never said that I converted anyone.

I have reached many people in terms of sowing God's Word into their heart. For example, you may not agree with what I say but you cannot deny that you were exposed to the Truth of God's Word. So it is the exposure to the Word that I have succeeded at (telling thousands of people about God's love for them) this is what Jesus commands His church to do. Just tell them, then let that Word work on their heart. There are many people who have heard the Word for years before converting.

lord xyz
Oh. Now answer my second question.

JesusIsAlive
Did you just ask if I am read?
Or rather, why are you avoiding the links I posted?

I didn't avoid them. I responded with a quote from one of my posts that answers your post.

lord xyz
I am still waiting (probably until Hell freezes over) for you to explain how the God of the Bible (Who has a Son) could possibly be the same person mentioned in the Qu'ran as Allah (who flat out denies having a son).
1. Allah never denied this.
2. Allah is God. The Quran and Bible are merely two sides to the same story.

JesusIsAlive

Thank you for finally addressing my statement after 10 or 20 posts. Now we can have real exchange.

big grin

Quiero Mota
I am still waiting (probably until Hell freezes over) for you to explain how the God of the Bible (Who has a Son) could possibly be the same person mentioned in the Qu'ran as Allah (who flat out denies having a son)

Maybe you missed this:

Yeah I understand your point, but youre wrong.

I know that God/Allah says in the Bible that Jesus is his son, and God/Allah says in the Koran that this isnt the case; Jesus was just a man, a great Prophet, but still human.

The Koran maintains that Jesus being God's son was a mistake or some kind of mistranslations of the Christians.

That one thing aside, the Koran states that God breathed life into Adam just like in the Bible. It says that he is the same God of Abraham, David, Moses and so on. But you dont know that, because you havent read the Koran.

You just dont like the fact that Christianity and Islam are related. You wanna seperate the two as much as possible (probably for some personal reason) and the base of your whole "argument" is over a word: Allah.

He knows, but he's intentionally denying it, ey.

lord xyz
Thank you for finally addressing my statement after 10 or 20 posts. Now we can have real exchange.

big grin No. Your statement is that the God isn't Allah. What you meant was, the God of the Bible and the God of the Quran are not the same. This however, is also wrong because they are both the God of Abraham. They might have different opinions on God, but it is still the same God.

Quiero Mota
To everyone else: Captian, Urizen, Shaky, lord xyz.

If this guy really is a sock, then he's damn good at his little character-persona. He sure as hell knows a lot about the Bible (which is good for his sake) because most socks dont adhere to their front. He's a Jesus Freak sock whos actually knowledgable on the subject he bases his chracter on.

Bardock42

If this guy really is a sock, then he's damn good at his little character-persona. He sure as hell knows a lot about the Bible (which is good for his sake) because most socks dont adhere to their front. He's a Jesus Freak sock whos actually knowledgable on the subject he bases his chracter on. I don't believe he is a sock.

I kinda like him. He is very enjoyable to talk with.

Quiero Mota
I kinda like him. He is very enjoyable to talk with.

Youre joking, right?

JesusIsAlive
No. Your statement is that the God isn't Allah. What you meant was, the God of the Bible and the God of the Quran are not the same. This however, is also wrong because they are both the God of Abraham. They might have different opinions on God, but it is still the same God.

No, my statement is that God is not Allah BECAUSE God has a Son but Allah denies having a son.

(sorry for the caps, it was for emphasis only).

lord xyz

If this guy really is a sock, then he's damn good at his little character-persona. He sure as hell knows a lot about the Bible (which is good for his sake) because most socks dont adhere to their front. He's a Jesus Freak sock whos actually knowledgable on the subject he bases his chracter on. Yeah I know. Pretty good in my opinion. But lately, he's been making it more obvious with his more ridiculous claims. As for his knowledge on the Bible, I think he has one with him to read, or an online Bible with a search button.

lord xyz
No, my statement is that God is not Allah BECAUSE God has a Son but Allah denies having a son.

(sorry for the capsk, it was for emphasis only) Show me wher Allah denies having a son. And stop using Allah to describe the Muslim God.

Bardock42
Youre joking, right? No.

Quiero Mota
laughing out loud

Quiero Mota
Show me wher Allah denies having a son. And stop using Allah to describe the Muslim God.

The Koran says that on the Day of Resurection, Jesus will return and deny his divinity.

lord xyz
Haha. I think the best religious person to talk with is Regret. Although, at first, I couldn't stand Regret because of the things things (s)he said. Then I realised that (s)he undersrtands religion and isn't trying to force it. Not on me anyway. So I respect Regret. (S)he's also very knowledgeable.

lord xyz
The Koran says that on the Day of Resurection, Jesus will return and deny his divinity. Where?

Devil King
I never said that I converted anyone.

I have reached many people in terms of sowing God's Word into their heart. For example, you may not agree with what I say but you cannot deny that you were exposed to the Truth of God's Word. So it is the exposure to the Word that I have succeeded at (telling thousands of people about God's love for them) this is what Jesus commands His church to do. Just tell them, then let that Word work on their heart. There are many people who have heard the Word for years before converting.

Using god's word as a tool for your delusions of grandure is another example of your blantant trolling and socking. The converse of your claim is that you, too, have been exposed to the disingenuous nature of the bible and your religion. So, how successful is your quest in that respect? That's a lot of talking for not a single mind to have been changed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>