GL Corps versus Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Galactus, who has just fed on a sentient planet, is heading towards OA, can the entire GL Corps stop Galactus?

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2149/19956-galactus_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/7000/6992/69407-green-lantern-corps_400.jpg

golem370
Nah he would let his Heralds Galactus Dog and his punisher army fight then when they are done he goes in for the kill

Soljer
Why is the death star in the background?

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Soljer

msn-oh

Mider999
if the GL's was smart and knew exactly what to do they would win IE parallax style or Ion

Thanos_THOTU
If Galactus want to tryout his Nullifier then the crops are screwed weither or not they have Parallax and Ion.

Priest
Cant one of the Guardians solo the rest of the corps?

Board Walker
All the corps? So Ion and sentry?

Do you mean all the guardians too? Each of whom is skyfather+ level?

Do you also mean the Anti-Corps? Such as Sinis, cyborg superman, parallax, etc,?

Because technically they are all the "corps" and of the same grand power source when you get to the very bottom of it.

grey fox

That is Galactus's ship ( I think ? )
Needless to say though this would be a VERY good fight ; infact, what hasn't Marvel and DC tried to capitalise off of this ?

If they can make a stinker like Teen Titans/X-men then they can damn well make a Green Lantern / Galactus crossover worth a damn !

CasanoVa

Nothing happens in space without Vader's say-so.

Learn that *****.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Board Walker
All the corps? So Ion and sentry?

Do you mean all the guardians too? Each of whom is skyfather+ level?

Do you also mean the Anti-Corps? Such as Sinis, cyborg superman, parallax, etc,?

Because technically they are all the "corps" and of the same grand power source when you get to the very bottom of it.

No Ion, no Parallax, no Anti-Corps, no guardians.

Just the 7000+ individual Green Lanterns working in unison.

Priest
Galactus wins.
1 Gaurdian> 7000 GL's
Galactus >Guardian

Board Walker
Originally posted by Priest
Galactus wins.
1 Gaurdian> 7000 GL's
Galactus >Guardian

All guardians > Galactus

Unless your willing to argue Galactus is greater then hundreds of Odin level beings?

masterbruce
Galactus wins.
1 Gaurdian> 7000 GL's
Galactus >Guardian

Thor by himself held off Galactus, granted Galactus was weakened...but still it indicated that Thor could give Galactus some trouble.

Now Kyle or Hal are arguably as powerful or EVEN MORESO than Thor. So these 2 can do some damage to Big G.

Add the next 3, Kilowogg, John Stewart, and Guy and you have a fight on your hands.

Now, add SEVEN THOUSAND Green Lanterns to your side and Galactus is in deep trouble.

grey fox
All guardians > Galactus

Unless your willing to argue Galactus is greater then hundreds of Odin level beings?

What if Galactus destroyed/absorbed the central power battery ?

Board Walker
Originally posted by grey fox
What if Galactus destroyed/absorbed the central power battery ?

I'm not even sure he could, its not a planet, its the "source".

Big Sexy
Originally posted by grey fox
What if Galactus destroyed/absorbed the central power battery ? Thats pretty good. A crossover where Galactus finds that the central battery will cease his hunger.

Bouboumaster
Galactus could win. He would.

He could absorb the energy trow at him. Or destroy them with a move of the hand.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus could win. He would.

He could absorb the energy trow at him. Or destroy them with a move of the hand.

the same way he defeated Thor...oh wait, he didnt

LORDSIDIOUS01
Certainly Big G should win

guy222
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Certainly Big G should win

Big G should

Soljer
Just the lanterns? No Ion, no Guardians, etc.?

Galactus.

Symmetric Chaos
Just the lanterns? No Ion, no Guardians, etc.?

Galactus.

Well MB did say the entire GreenLanternCorps. I think that includes the Guardians too.

mykke
He clarified later in the thread, saying only the 7000+ individual Green lanterns, no guardians, ion, parallax etc.

Galactus takes this btw.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well MB did say the entire GreenLanternCorps. I think that includes the Guardians too.

Originally posted by masterbruce
No Ion, no Parallax, no Anti-Corps, no guardians.

Just the 7000+ individual Green Lanterns working in unison.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by mykke
He clarified later in the thread, saying only the 7000+ individual Green lanterns, no guardians, ion, parallax etc.

Galactus takes this btw.

Oh. Well then yes the best they can hope for is getting him leave in search of easier prey.

Otherwise the Lanterns get eaten.

illadelph12
Not to sell the Lanterns short because they truly are a force to be reckonned with, but what's stopping Galactus from simply absorbing and redirecting everything they throw at him or simply absorbing everything through matter/energy conversion and leaving them defenseless? He's very capable of doing so. And given that the Surfer was able to absorb Oan/"Source" energy in the crossover, it's very likely Galactus could do it effortlessly.

Either that or the GL Corps create a 3000 mile long green wall in space and Galactus flies into it and knocks himself out. I mean, it's not like Galactus is a bigger threat then Superboy Prime or anything.

That's my two cents.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by illadelph12
Either that or the GL Corps create a 3000 mile long green wall in space and Galactus flies into it and knocks himself out. I mean, it's not like Galactus is a bigger threat then Superboy Prime or anything.

ermm SBP was more of a threat but he isn't as powerful as Galactus

illadelph12
Eh, never mind.

I'm above petty sarcasm.

Symmetric Chaos
Eh, never mind.

I'm above petty sarcasm.

No you're not.

Priest
All guardians > Galactus

The Guardians are not included in this fight.
Galactus with ease wins.

masterbruce
The Guardians are not included in this fight.
Galactus with ease wins.

Galactus was driven off by Thor (who is arguably less powerful than Hal or Kyle). How can he defeat 7000 GLs?

Priest
Thor by himself held off Galactus, granted Galactus was weakened...but still it indicated that Thor could give Galactus some trouble.
pishhh, Glactus was severly weakend at the time..Thor is nothing but a newsence to current Galactus.

Now Kyle or Hal are arguably as powerful or EVEN MORESO than Thor. So these 2 can do some damage to Big G.
No, they are nothing comparied to the big G.
Big G can grant powers to beings just as strong as the top GL's.

Add the next 3, Kilowogg, John Stewart, and Guy and you have a fight on your hands.
Oh yeah, Glalctus that just destoyed 3 star systems with a temper tandrum would have a hard time with 3 secound rate GL's

Now, add SEVEN THOUSAND Green Lanterns to your side and Galactus is in deep trouble.
Their still nothing to Galactus, a Top tier Sky father would beat the corps imo.
Galactus 10/10

Priest
Galactus was driven off by Thor (who is arguably less powerful than Hal or Kyle). How can he defeat 7000 GLs?
Son, that was wat like 15 years ago, reed richards could beat a weakend Galactus laughing out loud.
Current Galactus would sit on the Corps.

the Darkone
Galactus >>> Guardians>>>> GLC

illadelph12
Galactus>>Individual Guardians
All the Guardians simultaneously>>>Galactus
Galactus>>>GL Corps

7000 Humanoid Energy Manipulators against an Energy Manipulating God capable of eating universes through matter/energy conversion and packing the Ultimate Nullifier. Once he adapts to their energy signature it's over.

illadelph12
Hell, they'd have a hard time with full powered Tyrant.

the Darkone
Galactus>>Individual Guardians
What the f**k?All the Guardians simultaneously>>>Galactus
Galactus>>>GL Corps

7000 Humanoid Energy Manipulators against an Energy Manipulating God capable of eating universes through matter/energy conversion and packing the Ultimate Nullifier. Once he adapts to their energy signature it's over.

indvivdual Guardian is = skyfather,Skyfathers<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Galactus.

Galactus will absorb the Guardians and the sh** them out.

Tenebrous

A severely weak Galactus also was winning against the Fantastic Four, Gladiator, the Starjammers, an alien armada, and the Avengers (including, yes, thor) and was not defeated until Silver Surfer turned Galactus' machines against him.

So point being we've seen weak Galactus driven away by Thor, and we've seen extremely weak Galactus hold off Thor plus a dozen others.

Well-fed Galactus? That changes everything.

OneDumbG0
Not to sell the Lanterns short because they truly are a force to be reckonned with, but what's stopping Galactus from simply absorbing and redirecting everything they throw at him or simply absorbing everything through matter/energy conversion and leaving them defenseless? He's very capable of doing so. And given that the Surfer was able to absorb Oan/"Source" energy in the crossover, it's very likely Galactus could do it effortlessly.

That's my two cents. Odd. I completely agree with Illadelph12 here. The Surfer/GL crossover had Surfer absorbing the Power of the Guardians and getting it under control, which Kyle couldn't do. I do think Galactus is indeed a much greater trheat than SPB though.
Galactus was driven off by Thor (who is arguably less powerful than Hal or Kyle). How can he defeat 7000 GLs? Like somebody else said, that was a very weak Galactus. Indeed, he was only hurt and driven off in that encounter anyway. He wasn't knocked silly by any means. And no, just no, GLs individually are not more powerful than Thor. Perhaps a discussion for another time and thread.

illadelph12
What's so odd about agree with me?

I don't have a penchant for posting bullsh*t. I hardly post in debates anymore as is. laughing

illadelph12
Originally posted by the Darkone
indvivdual Guardian is = skyfather,Skyfathers<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Galactus.

Galactus will absorb the Guardians and the sh** them out.

The ">" term means greater than.

Galactus>>Individual Guardian means Galactus is more powerful than a single Guardian.

All Guardians simultaneously means Galactus versus all of the Guardians at the same time. In that fight I like the Guardian's odds.

illadelph12
Oh, and the Superboy Prime thing was thinly veiled sarcasm. I still think a smart GL or Surfer should have been able to solo him by exploiting his weaknesses (k-nite and red solar radiation), even with the armor (which could have been transmuted).

MightyEInherjar
I can see all the GLs flying for him like in the SBP pic, then this happening:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/juggernaut66666/5-6.jpg

Game Over.

kevdude
Big G takes the win, they might slow him down a bit but thats all. i'm more of a fan of the Corps.

grey fox
the same way he defeated Thor...oh wait, he didnt

Slight difference. Magic is a complete unknown to Big G , he doesn't understand it and can't control it.

Martian_mind
There best hope is to all cse they're eyes,curl up in the fetal position and think "there's no play like home" over and over.

Unless the Guardians are backing them up,thats a whole different kettle.Oh,and Mogo.

grey fox
Originally posted by Martian_mind
There best hope is to all cse they're eyes,curl up in the fetal position and think "there's no play like home" over and over.

Unless the Guardians are backing them up,thats a whole different kettle.Oh,and Mogo.

Actualy Mogo IS one of the 7200 i think.....

Meh.

Big G would drain his Gl energy and then eat him.

Martian_mind
Mogo would give him indegistion evillaugh

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Mogo would give him indegistion evillaugh

And then Galactus farts, which kills the entire GL Corps.

Cosmic farts are no joke. 313

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
And then Galactus farts, which kills the entire GL Corps.

Cosmic farts are no joke. 313

Indeed,an entire multiverse collapsed after LT digested some stewed cabbage.

masterbruce
so, Soljer, you think 7000 GLs can take down Big G?

Ptr_Grifin
Galactus, who has just fed on a sentient planet, is heading towards OA, can the entire GL Corps stop Galactus?

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2149/19956-galactus_400.jpg

Man I usually don't like Big G because of his funky purple outfit and hat, but that is an awesome picture.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Man I usually don't like Big G because of his funky purple outfit and hat, but that is an awesome picture.

That's what I thought. I wonder if Galactus would feel it if the Death Star shot him in the back of the head. shifty

Utrigita
It isn't the death star it is his ship

Deathstroke
That's what I hear.

Avalonofthewind
Hmm...that would depend on who's the bigger jobber of the 2.

Galactus jobs hard..then again so does the corps.

jrodslam
What lvl is G in this fight?

Someone mentioined Surfer being able to absorb Oan energy. It was givin to him and he controlled it. He didnt drain, redirect or absorb it when against Kyle.

Like Avy said, both Big G and the Corps job, so it may depend on whos on their A game.

Has G ever fought 7000+ beings like the Corps?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
ermm SBP was more of a threat but he isn't as powerful as Galactus

But you also have to remenber that those were rookie GL's. They had no prior experience. That is why SBP had the edge.

Any GL prior to the destruction of Oa Main Power was a skillful and well trained Corp.

If Galactus were to attack RIGHT now! He would win depending on how many corps arrive on back up.

If Galactus (even full power mumble jumble) attack prior to the events of Parallax. I give him a big FAT CHANCE for a win.

Galan007
GLC ftw.

Tazer
Yo.

so, Soljer, you think 7000 GLs can take down Big G?

I cant decide if they do or dont.....but either way Galan isnt simply brushing them aside w/o a thought; THAT would be bullshit.

Tazer

janus77
Galactus.

Hyperion Prime

That was like over 35 years ago. Galactus has changed alot since then. 1969 to be exact. Shit 38 years ago.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.