More Than 25% Of America's Bees Are Missing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NuclearWinter
LOST BEES A MYSTERY TO SCIENTISTS

Washington
April 25, 2007

MORE than a quarter of America's 2.4 million bee colonies have been lost - tens of billions of bees, according to an estimate from the Apiary Inspectors of America, a national group that tracks beekeeping. So far, no one can say what is causing the bees to become disoriented and fail to return to their hives.

A number of theories have been posed, and many seem to researchers to be more science fiction than science: people have blamed genetically modified crops, cellular phone towers and high-voltage transmission lines.

Diana Cox-Foster, an entomologist at Pennsylvania State University, and Jeffrey Pettis, an entomologist from the US Department of Agriculture, are leading a team of researchers trying to find an explanation for "colony collapse disorder", the name given to the disappearing bee syndrome.

The scientists have been focusing on the most likely suspects: a virus, a fungus or a pesticide. Researchers have collected samples in several states and have begun doing bee autopsies and genetic analysis.

They have also been testing pesticides. The group of compounds they believe is most suspect is the neonicotinoids, commonly used to treat corn and other seeds against pests.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/lost-bees-a-mystery-to-scientists/2007/04/24/1177180648274.html#

NuclearWinter
Bees, however, are capable of seeing ultraviolet light, which is invisible to humans. The bee is capable of navigating, even on a cloudy day, by cloud-penetrating ultraviolet light. Honey bees also use the sun as a reference point to communicate to other bees the angle of flight to be followed to arrive at newly discovered nectar-bearing flowers.

Bees are world-class navigators. Honeybees communicate direction and distance from the hive to nectar sources through a sophisticated dance "language". In 1973, Karl von Frisch received a Nobel Prize for deciphering this bee language, which consists of a circle dance and a tail wagging dance. It accurately tells other bees the angle from the sun and the distance to the nectar.

Bees use the sun as a compass. Even when the sun is obscured by clouds, bees can detect it's position from the light in brighter patches of the sky. Bees also can see ultraviolet designs in flowers like an airplane circling an airport sees the landing lights on a runway. Honeybees also have a built-in clock that appears to be synchronized with the secretion of nectar from flowers.

NuclearWinter
I think that the Bees are disappearing because they know that there are major changes in the Sun taking place. In fact, I believe that because of the coming Pole-Shift and changes with our magnetic field, that you will see many creatures suddenly "disappearing" for no apparent reason.

As we get closer and closer to the coming Pole-Shift, the Sun will begin to act stranger and stranger. Soon it will blow away our magnetic field and cause an enormous disaster on the Earth.

lord xyz
Everything's a conspiracy to you. no expression

Barker
Originally posted by lord xyz
Everything's a conspiracy to you. no expression

NuclearWinter
Well, I believe this is more related to the coming Pole-Shift, a Natural Disaster that has been proven by scientists to have occurred on our Earth previously more than a few times.

So, I don't think this one fits into the "conspiracy theory" category Lord. Not this one.

Scythe
Good luck getting Americans off their cellulars..

Evil Dead
Originally posted by NuclearWinter
I think that the Bees are disappearing because they know that there are major changes in the Sun taking place. In fact, I believe that because of the coming Pole-Shift and changes with our magnetic field, that you will see many creatures suddenly "disappearing" for no apparent reason.

As we get closer and closer to the coming Pole-Shift, the Sun will begin to act stranger and stranger. Soon it will blow away our magnetic field and cause an enormous disaster on the Earth.

that's why the dinosaurs went extinct. They all had a meeting one day and decided there was going to be a massive pole shift...........they decided upon all committing suicide to nullify the chances of any one of them dying in a pole shift.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Evil Dead
that's why the dinosaurs went extinct. They all had a meeting one day and decided there was going to be a massive pole shift...........they decided upon all committing suicide to nullify the chances of any one of them dying in a pole shift. No, the Lizard people killed the Dinosaurs! It's obvious fact you ignorant ostrich.

Barker
Well, I believe this is more related to the coming Pole-Shift, a Natural Disaster that has been proven by scientists to have occurred on our Earth previously more than a few times.

So, I don't think this one fits into the "conspiracy theory" category Lord. Not this one.
I could go the the bathroom right now and take a shit, and you'd question whether that was the start of a nuclear war and the next Nazi-Regime, etc.

KharmaDog
This is no conspiracy.

I saw an excellent report on how it was due to cell phones. Wish I'd remember where I saw that.

chithappens
Originally posted by KharmaDog
This is no conspiracy.

I saw an excellent report on how it was due to cell phones. Wish I'd remember where I saw that.

Explain what cell phones have to do with that.

Not saying it isn't true but what was the premise?

Deano
Albert Einstein quote: "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Deano
Albert Einstein quote: "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man. Bees aren't the only things that can fertilise plants.

Captain REX
Not a conspiracy...

Ushgarak
Albert Einstein quote: "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.

Prove he said that, or are you just parroting nonsense?

lord xyz
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Prove he said that, or are you just parroting nonsense? Lots of people make Einstein quotes, most of them sound very not like him.

Example: Religion without Science is lame. Science without religion is blind.

I highly doubt Einstein would say something like that.

Deano
undetermined

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/einstein/bees.asp

Evil Dead
why is Einstein being mentioned in this thread? He was a physicist, not a biologist, zoologist or botonist. Why not just quote the waitress from your local Dennys on the subject, she has just as much expertise.

Ushgarak
undetermined

So you mean you don;t actually have a source for it anywhere?

So by saying he said it, you were basically lying because you actually have not one idea if he said that or not.

Deano
i had heard it somewhere before. so i posted it. its 50/50 on whether he actually said it

Ushgarak
It's not 50/50 at all. There is not one bit of evidence, anywhere, that he said it.

That's not 50/50, that's simple bullshit.

Meanwhile, there IS evidence that OTHER people have said something suspiciously similar. Misattribution in order to make false authority is very common.

Evil Dead
it's all completely irrelevant.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Evil Dead
that's why the dinosaurs went extinct. They all had a meeting one day and decided there was going to be a massive pole shift...........they decided upon all committing suicide to nullify the chances of any one of them dying in a pole shift.

lol. That was funny.

No I meant more like they probably didn't die but they are probably having navigation problems and I am betting it is related to the Sun.

Or...they chose to move elsewhere because animals can sense when they need to leave for whatever reason WAY before Humans begin to realize it.

NuclearWinter
Perhaps since Bees happen to be some of the most sensitive creatures to the Sun on our Earth it would make sense that if the Sun was having problems and that if America was due to feel major effects from the Pole-Shift that the Bees would sense that first along with a few other critters as well.

NuclearWinter
Also, if it turns out that they are finding the dead bodies of Bees all over the place, of these "billions of billions" of Bees that are supposed to have "disappeared" (which gives hint that they don't know if they died or not or where they went), than even in that case I would suspect a relation between them and the Sun's changes. And also with the Earth's magnetic field. Of which I am sure they are highly in tune with as well.

Emperor Ashtar
Nice thread nuclear

KharmaDog
undetermined

Interesting that Deano would choose a website to try and prove a point that also has hundreds of other articles that disproves almost every conspiracy that he has previously put forth.

lord xyz
Would someone please tell Nuclear not to post three or more in a row. It's getting kinda annoying.

Spartan005
This thread might not have seemed so stupid if it was in ... say the general discussion forum. But No. Its located in the Conspiracy Forum... why not? Your stupidity has been explained by your actions more than I could ever explain it in this forum. Congratulations.

KharmaDog
As for the whole bees/cell phone connection, here are a few sites:

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/56901.html
http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=3044926&page=1
http://www.canada.com/topics/technology/news/gizmos/story.html?id=0285cf81-46d2-4636-aea7-dc02157a1d77&k=86662

There are a tonne if references to the issue, just thought i'd passs on a few.

Deano
the reptilians seem more plausible

lord xyz
Originally posted by Spartan005
This thread might not have seemed so stupid if it was in ... say the general discussion forum. But No. Its located in the Conspiracy Forum... why not? Your stupidity has been explained by your actions more than I could ever explain it in this forum. Congratulations. Some of the threads here, I think should be in the GDF. The Global Warming Swindle thread for one. It's not proof of a conspiracy, it's just a debunking of someone's moronic theories.

the reptilians seem more plausible lol

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Nice thread nuclear
Thanks Ashtar.

Just going off of a personal belief that the Sun will soon cause alot of different problems for the Earth. More so than many might have ever expected.

Emperor Ashtar
I believe it has more to do with the amount of sunlight on earth versus a pole shift.

lord xyz
Or something happened to their habitat.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I believe it has more to do with the amount of sunlight on earth versus a pole shift.

Right or that the Sunlight changes and what nots are a pre-cursor to a Pole-Shift?

Emperor Ashtar
Right or that the Sunlight changes and what nots are a pre-cursor to a Pole-Shift?
Perhaps

Emperor Ashtar
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/april2007/100407beesdying.htm

Bicnarok

Spidervlad
Whats the big problem with this thread? Yeah, it's correct that this should be in the General Discussion Forum, but I don't find that anyone should blame Nucleur for this.

There's no reasons other then the sun that the bees are dying. And this is a major threat, two ways. First way, is that if all the bees die, our crops would suffer ALOT. In fact, if we dont find some way to fertilize very quickly and effectively soon, than we would be doomed preety fast, feeding ourselves the same food for a few years until we run out of it.

Second, this means that the bees are showing us that there will be a polar shift. If there's a polar shift, most of us are dead. Or all, I don't even know. Some people say that Australlia will be the only country to be left unmolested by the Polar Shift, but I don't beileve that.

Emperor Ashtar
I think it's a sign of a famine to come.

Bicnarok
Its the cell phones and their masts

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Its the cell phones and their masts
No one cares though, which is why it is in here.

souvinir
there just bees....lol

Magee
fuk bees. Somehow one always manages to find itself through the small slot with my window open, every day. Buzz around trying to get through the glass HEY BEE YOU CANT GO THROUGH THAT MAN U GOTTA GO THE WAY U CAME IN LOL SILLY BEE.

Bicnarok
Bees are a part of an ecosystem cycle, we are also in this cycle. Like many things on this fragile world, mess about with a few cogs and the watch stops.

Zahara
Originally posted by souvinir
there just bees....lol

Yeah if you are ignorant.

The Overmaster
Well at least the bees in my garage arent dying. We would spray poison pretty much every 2-3 days and they never died. But now that im gonna plant some apple trees in my backyard, they will be extremely useful. big grin

Bicnarok

Emperor Ashtar
yep, get ready for a big famine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.