darthgoober's Amalgam Tournament Conformation Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Alright this is the conformation thread. The conformation period will only last a few days(hopefully), so everyone need to finalize their picks as soon as possible. Anyone with any objections to characters who've been drafted, this is your last chance to voice your opinion's so make sure your concerns are addressed. Now to address a few issues...

Invinsible- What's he done? From what I understand, it's seems very possible that he is over the cap, but a feat list of some kind would be helpful in making that decision(otherwise all I have to go by is the opinions of the judges).

Grail- Sorry but from the info I've received from the judges, Grail seems to be closer to a herald level character than Iron Man, so he'll have to be replaced.

Shimmer(and matter manipulation)- Due to a general consensus from the judges and participants, I've decided to ban Matter Manipulation altogether from this tourney. However character's capable of matter manipulation are still allowed, assuming that they're still < Extremis overall(they just can't use that particular technique). Also, direct matter manipulation will be allowed in cases like countering phasing by your opponents(by making them solid again), to keep phaser's "killability" under control.

Bastion- Sorry but after lengthy consideration and input from the judges I've decided to ban Bastion. Bastion is probably Iron Man level WITHOUT his immunity to the most common power source in Marvel, and with that level of immunity factored in, it seems that he'd exceed the cap by quite a bit IMO.

This is the draft list as it stands currently...

1.Hank Pym
2.Hawkman
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Bloodaxe

Draft #2

1.Indigo
2.Fixer
3.The Spot
4.Sabertooth
5.Moonstone II
6.invisible woman
7.Invincible(under consideration)
8.Colossus
9.Grail(re-pick)
10.War Machine
11.Shimmer(re-pick)
12.Executioner

Draft #3:

1.Black Panther
2.Wonderman
3.Aquaman
4.Death's Head II
5.Sebastian Shaw
6.Sasquach
7.Cannonball
8.Bastion(re-pick)
9.Emma Frost
10.Grunge
11.?????(awaiting pick)
12.Booster Gold

TricksterPriest
and I now start arguing against the ban on Bastion. There are plenty of non-mutants and Bastion is immune to mutant powers, but that doesn't mean he can take a punch or that he can counter a laser beam, etc. IM would still destroy him. And since IM is the standard, there are a few people here who he cannot beat. Like Wonderman, Sasquatch, and Invincible. (who is being banned, but you get the point.) I argue Bastion is a inspired pick, and that kicking him out to maintain fairness is penalizing whoever picked him for coming up with a good idea and following through on it.

King Kandy
Why is captain Nazi allowed? Isn't he equal to Captain Marvel?

Martian_mind
Suck it up and repick Tricker stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
That's another thing, anyone who can fight Captain Marvel is probably over the caps.

Bastion can be beaten by mutants, they just have to be creative, or use brute force on him.

Half the people in this tournament aren't mutants (no x-gene is the definition I'm using), so why is Bastion being kicked for that?

Martian_mind
Originally posted by King Kandy
Why is captain Nazi allowed? Isn't he equal to Captain Marvel?

No.He loses every encounter.hell he ws taken down by Batman and Red Hood recently....

Scoobless
Grunge was kicked out of the last IM level tourney because he has the same powers as the Absorbing Man.

wink

And Booster Gold can take attacks from Doomsday without injury.

Emma Frost seems a little > IM on her own ... what are the limits to telepathic attacks again?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Scoobless
Yeah... He took ONE attack, and it drained his sheilds.

TricksterPriest
That reminds me, did we discuss Warlock? Isn't he over the killability limit?

Martian_mind

Didn't Doomsday BREAK his suit?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
About stupid-magic hand man:

A lot of those things mentioned in his power set seem suspiciously like "powers", not "body" things. It would be logical to assume most of that other stuff would be getting neutered once the amalgam is put together.

This is Aquaman, btw. I have no problem with him as a body...just not everything else the person listed.

Also, Bastion was potentially > IM anyway...and I thought using specific versions of someone to keep them slightly under the caps was not allowed (which is what was being done).

But I think Booster's fine.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
and I now start arguing against the ban on Bastion. There are plenty of non-mutants and Bastion is immune to mutant powers, but that doesn't mean he can take a punch or that he can counter a laser beam, etc. IM would still destroy him. And since IM is the standard, there are a few people here who he cannot beat. Like Wonderman, Sasquatch, and Invincible. (who is being banned, but you get the point.) I argue Bastion is a inspired pick, and that kicking him out to maintain fairness is penalizing whoever picked him for coming up with a good idea and following through on it.
It's not JUST his immunity to mutants, it's his overall defenses. He's got all the abilities of Nimrod and Mastermold(including Nimrod's regeneration and durability), and a bunch of new stuff besides. That level of overall durability combined with his immunity to all mutant powers is what puts him over the "killability" cap. He just seems a little to much like a loophole character to allow.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by darthgoober
It's not JUST his immunity to mutants, it's his overall defenses. He's got all the abilities of Nimrod and Mastermold(including Nimrod's regeneration and durability), and a bunch of new stuff besides. That level of overall durability combined with his immunity to all mutant powers is what puts him over the "killability" cap. He just seems a little to much like a loophole character to allow.

no No, he doesn't. He didn't have their powers as Bastion, he got them later when his body was exhumed and his programming altered, which point he became Template.

His head was blown off in one shot by Cable and his durability and strength aren't much higher than a prime sentinel, which is about CL10-20.

http://marveldatabase.com/Bastion

I keep telling you guys, he's not anywhere near as powerful as Nimrod or Mastermold.

And he certainly doesn't have their regeneration, otherwise he never would have had his head passed around to so many people.

Martian_mind
no No, he doesn't. He didn't have their powers as Bastion, he got them later when his body was exhumed and his programming altered, which point he became Template.

His head was blown off in one shot by Cable and his durability and strength aren't much higher than a prime sentinel, which is about CL10-20.

http://marveldatabase.com/Bastion

I keep telling you guys, he's not anywhere near as powerful as Nimrod or Mastermold.

And he certainly doesn't have their regeneration, otherwise he never would have had his head passed around to so many people.

That bio's opening lines say that Bastion was seemingly unstoppable....

plus you are Aware how powerful some of Cable weapons are?have you got a scan so we can see this gun?

TricksterPriest
Haven't been able to find that scan.

2nd, Wolverine took his head off as Death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_%28comics%29

Plus, the unstoppable part, was the nimrod/MasterMold fusion. THAT WAS FORCED THROUGH THE SIEGE PERILOUS, WHERE IT BECAME BASTION.

The Nimrod&Mastermold fusion was indeed, unstoppable. Bastion however, has been beaten several times.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Martian_mind
No.He loses every encounter.hell he ws taken down by Batman and Red Hood recently....

He recently in JSA solo'ed both Hawkman and Green Lantern (Alan) at the same time
====
Also Death's Head II? what's the caps again, Iron Man? Yeah no.

Scoobless
What were the telepathy limits?

TricksterPriest
I think it was either Emma Frost or Jean Grey.

Martian_mind
Haven't been able to find that scan.

2nd, Wolverine took his head off as Death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion_%28comics%29

Plus, the unstoppable part, was the nimrod/MasterMold fusion. THAT WAS FORCED THROUGH THE SIEGE PERILOUS, WHERE IT BECAME BASTION.

The Nimrod&Mastermold fusion was indeed, unstoppable. Bastion however, has been beaten several times.

Of course he took his head of,He has claws that can cut through anything.hell,he was amped.So seeing that having his head cut off like that means he's below Caps,and the fact that Deathverine could take of Thors head,can i daft him?stick out tongue

Scoobless
I think it was either Emma Frost or Jean Grey.

Isn't that quite high for people at Iron Man level?

Joey Stacks
Selene's bannable but freaking Minion isn't.

How lame.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by King_Mungi
He recently in JSA solo'ed both Hawkman and Green Lantern (Alan) at the same time
====
Also Death's Head II? what's the caps again, Iron Man? Yeah no.

Offpanel.He was then knocked out by Hourman throwing a bell at him.....erm

King_Mungi
Offpanel.He was then knocked out by Hourman throwing a bell at him.....erm

Still beat them and we know just those two were going to fight him. Hourman is a beast, don't knock him.

Even in the past he was a match for Captain Marvel, he was a reaccuring villian for him.

Martian_mind
Still beat them and we know just those two were going to fight him. Hourman is a beast, don't knock him.

Even in the past he was a match for Captain Marvel, he was a reaccuring villian for him.

He still always lost though.....hell,he doesn't even have impressive superspeed.that GL and Hawkman feat shouldn't really matter as it happned off panel so we have no idea what happened,he could have dodged a Gl blast that hit hawkman,then koed GL.or tiny pixies aided him and flew into their ears and ate their brains.We don't know what occured.
]

What we do know is a bell can Ko him,and it obvously wasn't thrown hard at all considering the lack of any damage...

King_Mungi
He still always lost though.....hell,he doesn't even have impressive superspeed.that GL and Hawkman feat shouldn't really matter as it happned off panel so we have no idea what happened,he could have dodged a Gl blast that hit hawkman,then koed GL.or tiny pixies aided him and flew into their ears and ate their brains.We don't know what occured.
]

What we do know is a bell can Ko him,and it obvously wasn't thrown hard at all considering the lack of any damage...

Doesn't matter he has still proved to be a match for people over the caps. Also highly doubt it, but even if he dodged a GL construct goes with the point he is over the caps.

It was the Liberty Bell no way would they destroy it, and Nazi has taken far worse than that and wasn't knocked out.

Martian_mind
Doesn't matter he has still proved to be a match for people over the caps. Also highly doubt it, but even if he dodged a GL construct goes with the point he is over the caps.

It was the Liberty Bell no way would they destroy it, and Nazi has taken far worse than that and wasn't knocked out.

aye,so we have a ridiculously low showing and a ridicuosly high one in the same comic.But the fact remains he may have fought Marvel many times but he always lost.He lost to RH and Batan,lost to Cm3,and Black mask and Deathstroke were calling him a lightweight villian.He isn't very far on the heirarchy...

King_Mungi
aye,so we have a ridiculously low showing and a ridicuosly high one in the same comic.But the fact remains he may have fought Marvel many times but he always lost.He lost to RH and Batan,lost to Cm3,and Black mask and Deathstroke were calling him a lightweight villian.He isn't very far on the heirarchy...

Yet when ever he fights Marvel he takes it to him and pushes him to his limits. Right there that's over the caps. It depends on the incarnation as there have been a few.

Martian_mind
Yet when ever he fights Marvel he takes it to him and pushes him to his limits. Right there that's over the caps. It depends on the incarnation as there have been a few.

Iron man has pushed Thor and SS to their limits....both take a hearty majority over Nazi boy.

Wonderman stalemated thor....

Abom pwned Hulk...

Iron man took it to Namor.....

How in the hell does pushing marvel put him over the Caps?

TricksterPriest
Because Captain Marvel>everyone you just named, with the possible exception of Thor&Surfer. And that surfer showing was PIS in IM's favor.

Joey Stacks
It means their peers. The only time I can think of Iron-Man taking it to Surfer was when he was weakened from the earth binding

and the only times I can think of him taking it to Thor is in Avenger's books, with which Thor depowers himself purposely.

King_Mungi
Iron man has pushed Thor and SS to their limits....both take a hearty majority over Nazi boy.

Wonderman stalemated thor....

Abom pwned Hulk...

Iron man took it to Namor.....

How in the hell does pushing marvel put him over the Caps?

Uh huh, except Nazi was made as a Captain Marvel villian. PIS aside that's who Nazi is a C.Marvel villian.

Wonderman lost to Thor, regardless he even took it to Hulk as well.

Abomination is class 100, and is far over Iron Man's strength cap.

Considering who and what Marvel has done, it easily puts him up there.

Martian_mind
Because Captain Marvel>everyone you just named, with the possible exception of Thor&Surfer. And that surfer showing was PIS in IM's favor.

PIS is such a lovely excuse isn't it.Still my point is any character can push a vastly superior one to it's limits.

Scoobless
What about Grunge?

Martian_mind
Uh huh, except Nazi was made as a Captain Marvel villian. PIS aside that's who Nazi is a C.Marvel villian.

Wonderman lost to Thor, regardless he even took it to Hulk as well.

Abomination is class 100, and is far over Iron Man's strength cap.

Considering who and what Marvel has done, it easily puts him up there.

Both Abom and WM are in the tourney....

Pus,Nazi doesn't have speed near Captain marvels,nor has he ever shown it.

And?so he's a CM villian,hammerhead is a Spiderman villian,look at the power difference between them.

King_Mungi
Both Abom and WM are in the tourney....

Pus,Nazi doesn't have speed near Captain marvels,nor has he ever shown it.

And?so he's a CM villian,hammerhead is a Spiderman villian,look at the power difference between them.

and how do you think I feel about them in this? thumb down

He easily keeps up with Marvel's attacks, so don't automatically assume he has no speed

Hammerhead has victories over Spider-Man and your actually comparing Spider-Man to Captain Marvel?

Martian_mind
and how do you think I feel about them in this? thumb down

He easily keeps up with Marvel's attacks, so don't automatically assume he has no speed

Hammerhead has victories over Spider-Man and your actually comparing Spider-Man to Captain Marvel?

Well the judges don't have a problem,and they didn't have one with Nazi...

So any attack is now automatically at full speed?I doubt it,considering CM3 blitzed him...

No,i wasn't.I was saying that the power gap between Nazi and Marvel is like Spidey and Hammerhead.The villians are far weaker,but they can hang,push them to their limits and occasionaly beat them.(Though Nazi has lost to every member of the marvel family time and time again)

King_Mungi
Well the judges don't have a problem,and they didn't have one with Nazi...

So any attack is now automatically at full speed?I doubt it,considering CM3 blitzed him...

No,i wasn't.I was saying that the power gap between Nazi and Marvel is like Spidey and Hammerhead.The villians are far weaker,but they can hang,push them to their limits and occasionaly beat them.(Though Nazi has lost to every member of the marvel family time and time again)

Bad arguement, so the judges didn't notice a problem it's fine? don't you remember the last tourny?

and CM3>Iron Man in terms of speed.

Yet once again as I mentioned earlier, Cap is stalemating and takeing it to and pushing the hero to his limits to people over the caps. Hardly logical comparing Spider-Man villians with Captain Marvel as to hang with him you have to have level of power almost god-like since C_M gains powers from gods.

Martian_mind
Bad arguement, so the judges didn't notice a problem it's fine? don't you remember the last tourny?

and CM3>Iron Man in terms of speed.

Yet once again as I mentioned earlier, Cap is stalemating and takeing it to and pushing the hero to his limits to people over caps. Hardly logical comparing Spider-Man villians with Captain Marvel as to hang with him you have to have level of power almost god-like since C_M gains powers from gods.

Well,last tourney also went down because people who weren't even involved stirred up trouble where there was none before.

And?Still shows his speed is nmowhere near marvels...so he shouldn't give him trouble without Cis.

Also,you are aware Iron man himself has been picked,and that he has pushed people far above tourney Caps and far above him...

as has Wonderman,and Abom,and Aquaman and a host of others.Hell,even if a character is above caps,everyone has a character who is sketchy,so it's even.Banning Characters just puts others at a disadvantage.

leonidas
Hell,even if a character is above caps,everyone has a character who is sketchy,so it's even.Banning Characters just puts others at a disadvantage.

that last bit at least is very likely true. there are certainly characters in this that . . . stretch the limit of ironman-level.

though once again, people need to respect ironman a little better. there is not a single draft pick in this tournament that ironman could not or would not beat for at least a few fights.

if there IS someone, anyone care to name the person they think could take tony 10/10?

if someone can take him 6-7/10, personally, i think that's close enough. erm

King_Mungi
Well,last tourney also went down because people who weren't even involved stirred up trouble where there was none before.

And?Still shows his speed is nmowhere near marvels...so he shouldn't give him trouble without Cis.

Also,you are aware Iron man himself has been picked,and that he has pushed people far above tourney Caps and far above him...

as has Wonderman,and Abom,and Aquaman and a host of others.Hell,even if a character is above caps,everyone has a character who is sketchy,so it's even.Banning Characters just puts others at a disadvantage.

No the main reason was in characters were getting in when they shouldn't have and people got upset.

Yet like I mentioned earlier he has gone one on one EXTENDED periods with Captain Marvel so oncwe again don't assume he doesn't have any speed. CM3 still has half the speed of Mercury

He's the cap, so why would he be banned? and when he actually took it to certain characters yes there is PIS involved and that's a fact.

and like I said, what do I think of those picks? thumb down Why no one has raised a fuzz I do not know.

Martian_mind
As i said,everyone has a char that could stalemate him,but not outwright beat him.

Personally i'm fine with everyone having the one character that pushes it,and even then Tony is being vastly underrated.

leonidas
oh, and don't forget -- show the wrong scan in a battle and you are SCREWED!!

i think that's the best safety net we have and the best guide that we have to ensure people aree confident in who they choose and what feats they decide to show (or -- maybe more importantly -- are willing to risk have shown AGAINST them in a battle . . . because if i know for a FACT that someone is over the cap, bet your ass i'll show a scan of a feat that clearly indicates said character IS over the cap. wink and i'd expect the same tactics to be used AGAINST me. smile )

Martian_mind
No the main reason was in characters were getting in when they shouldn't have and people got upset.

Yet like I mentioned earlier he has gone one on one EXTENDED periods with Captain Marvel so oncwe again don't assume he doesn't have any speed. CM3 still has half the speed of Mercury

He's the cap, so why would he be banned? and when he actually took it to certain characters yes there is PIS involved and that's a fact.

and like I said, what do I think of those picks? thumb down Why no one has raised a fuzz I do not know.

Who cares if he's fought him for extended periods?He still hasn't shown any speed,and Red Hood was dancing around him.WE've only seen a lack of speed.

I never said he should be banned,just that he has beat people above him,therefore your marvel arguement is moot.Alright,Nazi hanging with Marvel who is stronger,faster and smarter is Pis.

Maybe because if everyone has a high pick it's fair,and people want to enjoy a tourney that would be fair rather then have it fall down again because people have made fuzzes where not needed...

Martian_mind
Originally posted by leonidas
oh, and don't forget -- show the wrong scan in a battle and you are SCREWED!!

i think that's the best safety net we have and the best guide that we have to ensure people aree confident in who they choose and what feats they decide to show (or -- maybe more importantly -- are willing to risk have shown AGAINST them in a battle . . . because if i know for a FACT that someone is over the cap, bet your ass i'll show a scan of a feat that clearly indicates said character IS over the cap. wink and i'd expect the same tactics to be used AGAINST me. smile )

exactly.people are just ******ng for no reason atm...

King_Mungi
Who cares if he's fought him for extended periods?He still hasn't shown any speed,and Red Hood was dancing around him.WE've only seen a lack of speed.

I never said he should be banned,just that he has beat people above him,therefore your marvel arguement is moot.Alright,Nazi hanging with Marvel who is stronger,faster and smarter is Pis.

Maybe because if everyone has a high pick it's fair,and people want to enjoy a tourney that would be fair rather then have it fall down again because people have made fuzzes where not needed...

Bad showings, compared to what we know he can do and even though you do not like it yes he did defeat Hawkman and Alan with ease. This seems to be an all new Nazi as the last one was killed in Villians United

Right and Iron Man beating Silver Srufer isn't PIS? On majority of Nazi's showings he has been shown FREQUENTLY a high match for Marvel. Why is that PIS as that is who he was intended to be, it's his other apperances in other comics that have him in low showings.

That's why there are caps, it's easy to pick over the caps it takes skill to pick the cap and debate with it. If you don't think there should be caps and people should be able to pick whoever make a seperate tourny but caps are implemented for a reason.

leonidas
i think it's because -- while clear that a couple people ARE likely above caps -- everyone is CLOSE to caps. there are no egregious errors.

i really don't know cap nazi at all, but if i face mm, be damn sure i WILL know him. if mm is confident enough to pick him, well, he should be comfortable enough knowing that if i look, i won't find something to use AGAINST him in our match that will clearly show him being above caps. smile is stalemating cm above caps? sounds like it might be. wonderman could hang with cm for a while as he is in thor's strength class -- or VERY close to it. should HE be banned? he also has some crazy durability feats?

wonderman is as close to cap busting as anyone. if he's allowed, then maybe nazi SHOULD be ok? i don't really know . . . erm

King_Mungi
Well I'll drop it as if he posts someone over the caps it will be outright banned

Yeah there are several other characters who I think should be banned.

leonidas
Yeah there are several other characters who I think should be banned.

you may have a valid point, but like i said, i think most are close enough to sorta skate by.

barely in some cases.

Martian_mind
Bad showings, compared to what we know he can do and even though you do not like it yes he did defeat Hawkman and Alan with ease. This seems to be an all new Nazi as the last one was killed in Villians United

Right and Iron Man beating Silver Srufer isn't PIS? On majority of Nazi's showings he has been shown FREQUENTLY a high match for Marvel. Why is that PIS as that is who he was intended to be, it's his other apperances in other comics that have him in low showings.

That's why there are caps, it's easy to pick over the caps it takes skill to pick the cap and debate with it. If you don't think there should be caps and people should be able to pick whoever make a seperate tourny but caps are implemented for a reason.

All new Nazi who was koed by a bell.....impressive...that Alan thing is just pointless as we don't know what happened whether you like it or not.

I wasn't aware you alone could say whats pis and what isn't.that alan and Hawkman thing was pis,unless you think marvel could take them down even easier.Hell,what has alan done lately OYL to show his old level?Get punked by Nazi and be useless against BA,He's hardly been that impressive.

Your not even in the tourney,and considering someone who is agreed with me,i don't think you should be telling me to do anything.If i haven't been debating with you for the last couple of pages then what have i been doing?He is below Caps,prove he's not.

leonidas
oh, and was it decided how many picks we could swap out in this thread if we felt like doing so?

TricksterPriest
No idea. Better ask Bada, Digi or Goober.

Btw, Bastion would lose AT LEAST 7-8/10 against pre-extremis IM.

darthgoober
Ok guys check this out. I'm going to be digging up dirt on Bastion and Captain Nazi for the next 24 hours. At the end of that time, I'll announce my FINAL decision in regards to both of them. So anyone with scans involving either of them should PM them to me, to help expedite the process.

That being said, I forgot about some changes when I re did the draft list, so here's the REAL updated version(with changes in bold)...

1.Hank Pym
2.Guardian(Heather)
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Bloodaxe

Draft #2

1.Indigo
2.Fixer
3.The Spot
4.Sabertooth
5.Moonstone II
6.invisible woman
8.Colossus
9.Grail(re-pick)
10.War Machine
11.Shimmer(re-pick)
12.Executioner

Draft #3:

1.Black Panther
2.Wonderman
3.Jean Grey
4.Death's Head II
5.Sebastian Shaw
6.Sasquach
7.Cannonball
8.Bastion(re-pick)
9.Emma Frost
10.Grunge
11.?????(awaiting pick)
12.Booster Gold

leonidas
executioner -- as in skurge? as in the asgardian god . . .

the limits contiue to streeetttttccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

smile

King Kandy
executioner -- as in skurge? as in the asgardian god . . .

the limits contiue to streeetttttccccchhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

smile
EXECUTIONER?!

Dude, the guys so far over the caps it's not even funny. He gave Thor a fight.

TricksterPriest
I think there's more than one Executioner. But if it's Skurge, I'm calling bullshit. wink

King_Mungi
All new Nazi who was koed by a bell.....impressive...that Alan thing is just pointless as we don't know what happened whether you like it or not.

I wasn't aware you alone could say whats pis and what isn't.that alan and Hawkman thing was pis,unless you think marvel could take them down even easier.Hell,what has alan done lately OYL to show his old level?Get punked by Nazi and be useless against BA,He's hardly been that impressive.

Your not even in the tourney,and considering someone who is agreed with me,i don't think you should be telling me to do anything.If i haven't been debating with you for the last couple of pages then what have i been doing?He is below Caps,prove he's not.

I'll bite my tongue, but yes I will prove he is over the caps as I plan on making a respect thread for him most likely after the tourny is said and done as it takes awhile to compile and organize the scans like how I do with all my other respect threads. However, I will lump it into a Captain Marvel villians page as a Nazi respect thread is not the best idea.

TricksterPriest
A nazi respect thread.......that sounds so very very wrong. laughing

Btw, do you know anything about Bastion?

And is Sasquatch over?

King_Mungi
A nazi respect thread.......that sounds so very very wrong. laughing

Btw, do you know anything about Bastion?

And is Sasquatch over?

as in sentinel?

and depends on how he uses him, but with the likes of other characters drafted really is there even a point of debating some drafts?

TricksterPriest
Yeah, the 'sentinel'. The guy who was the fusion of Nimrod&Mastermold. I know he's nowhere near as powerful as those and he's in the damn caps.

King_Mungi
Yeah, the 'sentinel'. The guy who was the fusion of Nimrod&Mastermold. I know he's nowhere near as powerful as those and he's in the damn caps.

No sorry don't know enough of him to accurately say, but I would question his ability to look at someone causing them to become a Prime Sentinel. I don't know enough about that myself.

TricksterPriest
No sorry don't know enough of him to accurately say, but I would question his ability to look at someone causing them to become a Prime Sentinel. I don't know enough about that myself.

*sigh* He can't do that. Wiki ****ed up. He can activate the prime sentinel implants, but he can't turn someone into a prime sentinel on his own. It's a forum myth.

King_Mungi
*sigh* He can't do that. Wiki ****ed up. He can activate the prime sentinel implants, but he can't turn someone into a prime sentinel on his own. It's a forum myth.

That's what I based it on, I don't know much about him as I mentioned so tried to look at some bios.

Blair Wind
so...this is the Conformation thread? Wheres the Confirmation one? ermmnone

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Blair Wind
so...this is the Conformation thread? Wheres the Confirmation one? ermmnone

Conform to our acceptance of bad spelling mad

Martian_mind
I'll bite my tongue, but yes I will prove he is over the caps as I plan on making a respect thread for him most likely after the tourny is said and done as it takes awhile to compile and organize the scans like how I do with all my other respect threads. However, I will lump it into a Captain Marvel villians page as a Nazi respect thread is not the best idea.

Dude.....just call it the Nazi espect thread....It'll be totally pimpshifty

you could throw in every Nazi from comics,Even hitlers showings...

I'm guessing you'll be making it after the Vandal savage one?

bastard....stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Dude.....just call it the Nazi espect thread....It'll be totally pimpshifty

you could throw in every Nazi from comics,Even hitlers showings...

I'm guessing you'll be making it after the Vandal savage one?

bastard....stick out tongue

There are a lot of Nazi comic characters it would be quite larhe

Shit, I forgot about Vandal. Scratch the Captain Marvel villians I need to finish the Vandal one I started it and forgot about it with exams.

Martian_mind
There are a lot of Nazi comic characters it would be quite larhe

Shit, I forgot about Vandal. Scratch the Captain Marvel villians I need to finish the Vandal one I started it and forgot about it with exams.

ZDamn....I thoought you'd given up and were gonna stop...

Thunderstealing rat bastard....

Fine.I'll make a manitou Raven and an Etrigan one.stick out tongue

CasanoVa
I'm still not convinced Invincible should be banned erm, ATM he hasn't done anything I couldn't see Iron Man doing.

Martian_mind
http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/136487/you_were_made_for_loving_me/KISS%20-%20I%20WAS%20MADE%20FOR%20LOVING%20YOU

Just to lighten the mood...

Scoobless
12.Bloodaxe

9.Grail(re-pick)

12.Executioner

3.Jean Grey

10.Grunge

Bloodaxe is Thor level

Grail is low herald level

Which Executioner?

Every time people debate Jean Vs Iron Man she gets a hefty 8-9/10.

Grunge has the exact same powers as the Absorbing Man = Thor level

no expression

Martian_mind
I have no idea what Scoob is on about.However he seems to,so i cosign shifty

ExodusCloak

Jean Grey is just confusing, these days it's just really hard to decipher what's a Jean feat and what's a Jean Tapping into her Phoenix Potential feat.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/104/newxmen11614tr9.th.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9797/newxmen11615jq3.th.jpg

leonidas
for the first time i WILL officially call bullsh!t.

blood axe is DEFINITELY not going to be allowed. and yes, i can show 100% he is above caps if it comes to that.

i'd prefer not to have to go through the hassle. if he IS allowed, then i'll simply change one of my picks to thor. wink

Scoobless
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Jean Grey is just confusing, these days it's just really hard to decipher what's a Jean feat and what's a Jean Tapping into her Phoenix Potential feat.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/104/newxmen11614tr9.th.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9797/newxmen11615jq3.th.jpg

Another good point ... ermmfist

Symmetric Chaos
Bloodaxe is Thor level

Grail is low herald level

Which Executioner?

Grunge has the exact same powers as the Absorbing Man = Thor level

no expression

STop trying to get people banned! mad

King Kandy
Holy crap! Bloodaxe?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
STop trying to get people banned! mad

Stop trying to draft people over the limits.

erm

Symmetric Chaos
Stop trying to draft people over the limits.

erm

I'll try haermm

Scoobless
It was directed at everyone, but would you let Absorbing Man into an Iron Man level tourney?

Symmetric Chaos
It was directed at everyone, but would you let Absorbing Man into an Iron Man level tourney?

Of course not.

But holistically what are these characters like? I mean Spiral has multiple team busting feats against the Xmen and in a fight with the Avengers she temporarily depowered CaptMarvel and took down IronMan. However her average was considered low enough that she was let in.

TricksterPriest
Christ, and they go after me for Bastion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

darthgoober
Ok I have a couple of questions for anyone who knows the answer.

1. Captain Nazi- Was he ever shown to be the physical equal of Captain Marvel? If not, how close where they in that regard?

2. How many appearances does the version of Bastion that Trickster's wanting to draft have?

TricksterPriest
as Bastion, established OZT (Uncanny X-Men #333, 1996); imprisoned Professor X & Mannites (Onslaught: Epilogue, 1997); OZT attacked X-Men (X-Men #65-69/Cable #45-47/X-Man #30/Uncanny X-Men #346/Wolverine #115-118/Generation X #29-31/X-Force #68-69, 1997); OZT shut down by government (X-Men #69, 1997); opposed by Cable & Machine Man, seemingly destroyed (Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Cable & Machine Man /Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Machine Man & Bastion, 1998);

darthgoober
as Bastion, established OZT (Uncanny X-Men #333, 1996); imprisoned Professor X & Mannites (Onslaught: Epilogue, 1997); OZT attacked X-Men (X-Men #65-69/Cable #45-47/X-Man #30/Uncanny X-Men #346/Wolverine #115-118/Generation X #29-31/X-Force #68-69, 1997); OZT shut down by government (X-Men #69, 1997); opposed by Cable & Machine Man, seemingly destroyed (Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Cable & Machine Man /Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Machine Man & Bastion, 1998);
And are those Bastion's TOTAL appearances, or all they all appearances of the version you want to use?

TricksterPriest
the version I want.
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Bastion

Here's the full bibliography.

First Appearance (As Bastion, cameo) X-Men #52 (1996); (as Bastion, fully) Uncanny X-Men #333 (1996); (as Template) Warlock #7 (2000)
Origin Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Machine Man & Bastion (1998)
Significant Issues Master Mold merged with Nimrod, entered Siege Perilous (Uncanny X-Men #246-247, 1989); as Bastion, established OZT (Uncanny X-Men #333, 1996); imprisoned Professor X & Mannites (Onslaught: Epilogue, 1997); OZT attacked X-Men (X-Men #65-69/Cable #45-47/X-Man #30/Uncanny X-Men #346/Wolverine #115-118/Generation X #29-31/X-Force #68-69, 1997); OZT shut down by government (X-Men #69, 1997); opposed by Cable & Machine Man, seemingly destroyed (Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Cable & Machine Man /Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Machine Man & Bastion, 1998); survived, attacked by Death, head left intact (Astonishing X-Men #1, 1999); gained new body, opposed Warlock & allies, transformed into Template, seemingly destroyed (Warlock #6-8, 2000); head recovered by government, opposed X-Men (X-Men: Declassified #1, 2000)

darthgoober
the version I want.
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Bastion

Here's the full bibliography.

First Appearance (As Bastion, cameo) X-Men #52 (1996); (as Bastion, fully) Uncanny X-Men #333 (1996); (as Template) Warlock #7 (2000)
Origin Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Machine Man & Bastion (1998)
Significant Issues Master Mold merged with Nimrod, entered Siege Perilous (Uncanny X-Men #246-247, 1989); as Bastion, established OZT (Uncanny X-Men #333, 1996); imprisoned Professor X & Mannites (Onslaught: Epilogue, 1997); OZT attacked X-Men (X-Men #65-69/Cable #45-47/X-Man #30/Uncanny X-Men #346/Wolverine #115-118/Generation X #29-31/X-Force #68-69, 1997); OZT shut down by government (X-Men #69, 1997); opposed by Cable & Machine Man, seemingly destroyed (Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Cable & Machine Man /Marvel Comics 1998 Annual Starring Machine Man & Bastion, 1998); survived, attacked by Death, head left intact (Astonishing X-Men #1, 1999); gained new body, opposed Warlock & allies, transformed into Template, seemingly destroyed (Warlock #6-8, 2000); head recovered by government, opposed X-Men (X-Men: Declassified #1, 2000)

In that case, I'll go ahead and allow him since most of the protest are a result of a wiki bio(and most seem to concern a different version than you're wanting). I'll trust that you're not trying to pull a fast one, because you seem to know more about him than anyone who's objected and not a lot of evidence has been brought forth to put him over the cap. But keep in mind that if it turns out that his AVERAGE showing puts him out of the average Iron Man level heroes league, I'll have to ban him even if it's mid match when I find out(and he will be one of the ones that the judges and I are watching).

Also, you'll have to confine yourself to that particular version's feats. You won't be able to use anything from Nimrod or Mastermold or his later appearances, only that specific version of Bastion.

TricksterPriest
Thank you. thumb up I'll stick to OZT feats, since I haven't been able to find much of the other stuff.

Much appreciated Goober.

leonidas
sounds good. smile

Scoobless
Booo! ... ban him!

stick out tongue

Joey Stacks
Is it just me or does coming back to life seem over the killability limit

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/960/bastionxh0.th.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7744/bastionmk9.th.jpg

confused

NOT THAT I CARE OR ANYTHING

just saying

TricksterPriest
that's not Bastion. That is a prime Sentinel. And it's technically dead. It's the nano implants activating and using the body as a shell.

Joey Stacks
Yes, weaker versions of Bastion are coming back to life from the dead.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
Is it just me or does coming back to life seem over the killability limit

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/960/bastionxh0.th.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7744/bastionmk9.th.jpg

confused

NOT THAT I CARE OR ANYTHING

just saying

So, you're saying ...... I can't draft Jesus or E.T.?

sad

TricksterPriest
..............Joey, just lie down before you hurt yourself. Bastion isn't human. 2nd, those people are effectively cyborgs. They don't need their organic components to function.

Joey Stacks
They died and came back to life. No different from externals dying and coming back to life.

TricksterPriest
What the f**k? Externals are immortal to begin with. the prime sentinels are nanotech in human bodies. and for the record, Bastion was killed by blasting him apart or taking his head off. so yes, he has some enhanced durability. But he's not over the caps.

Joey Stacks
Or let me put it in terms you can even understand. The cyborg suffered multiple fatal wounds and died only to regen and get back up in minutes like nothing happened. That's over limits.

Externals are immortal

this is why Selene killed them all.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

TricksterPriest
What the f**k? The human died. The prime sentinel was activated and took over the body. Different person. and of course you'd have to dismember Bastion or blow his chest apart or take his head off. But so what? Sabertooth and Wolverine are like that.

Joey Stacks
And conviently instantly regenerated all the stab wounds and such.

The healing factor I see here is more Deadpool, which is banned.

And honestly, Wolverine and Sabertooth should be banned too.

TricksterPriest
......Joey, how about we ban you and save ourselves some bitching? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Joey Stacks
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6117/tricksterxv0.jpg

Trickster complaining about bitching?

What's next?

Midnighter complaining about obscene violence?

Blair Wind
so...bastion is a cyborg right?

Joey Stacks
A cyborg with Hulk level regen.

Really, given what Sentinal Primes and such can do, his defeat was way below average.

It'd be like

Superman got knocked out by a gas station

HE'S PERFECT FOR THIS TOURNEY!

Scoobless

Mommy! .... what's a cy-borg?

smile

Entity
Mommy! .... what's a cy-borg?

smile Well, you see when a human and a robot love eachother very much........

confused eek!

TricksterPriest

Bastion is a magically created fusion of human flesh and cybernetics. So yeah, a cyborg, in the traditional sense of having organic components. A little like Death's Head.

Hulk level regen? blink News to me. I never knew he even HAD regen.

darthgoober
Ok so does anyone have any info as to whether or not Captain Nazi was the physical equal of Captain Marvel?

Symmetric Chaos
Ok so does anyone have any info as to whether or not Captain Nazi was the physical equal of Captain Marvel?

Dunno but RedHood killed him once.

darthgoober
Dunno but RedHood killed him once.
I looked into that, and it turns out that he only took him out by sticking a taser in his eye(which was described as being the only vulnerable part of him).

Symmetric Chaos
I looked into that, and it turns out that he only took him out by sticking a taser in his eye(which was described as being the only vulnerable part of him).

But still it means that he lacks either the skill or the speed to defend against a good street leveler.

srug Then again comics usually like to make people's deaths interesting.

Martian_mind

He's inferior in every way with piss-poor reaction times.Batman and Hood where dancing around him.

The only reason he can hold out against Marvel is because marvel holds back,and Nazi does everything he can to kill him.

SpunkySmurph
I looked into that, and it turns out that he only took him out by sticking a taser in his eye(which was described as being the only vulnerable part of him). Same with Colossus. He's in this.

darthgoober
He's inferior in every way with piss-poor reaction times.Batman and Hood where dancing around him.

The only reason he can hold out against Marvel is because marvel holds back,and Nazi does everything he can to kill him.
Well if that's the case, I'll take your word for it and allow him. But if scans start getting produced during your matches that show him actually being on Marvel's level, I'll have to ban your amalgam.

Martian_mind
Hey,I'm only going by what i've seen,if i dig and find he's over the caps i'm gonna swap.

darthgoober
Hey,I'm only going by what i've seen,if i dig and find he's over the caps i'm gonna swap.
I understand. Just make sure you're watch closely and do all the research you can about him(I'd PM some Captain Marvel fans if I were you), cause after the conformation periods over and I announce the final amalgams no one will be allowed to switch anyone out. If you really consider it to be that big of a possibility, you might want to switch him out just to be safe.

Devil Lance
He gave Black Adam a good fight wink

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=villainsunitedinfinitecrisissp3.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=villainsunitedinfinitecrisissp2.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=villainsunitedinfinitecrisissp.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=villainsunitedinfinitecrisissp1.jpg

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=villainsunitedinfinitecrisissp2.jpg

granted this is only one showing but I'd say it put him over the caps

leonidas
1.Hank Pym
2.Guardian(Heather)
3.Northstar
4.Spiral
5.Tony Stark
6.Warlock
7.Vision
8.Black Knight
9.Captain Nazi
10.Abomination
11.Karate Kid
12.Bloodaxe

Draft #2

1.Indigo
2.Fixer
3.The Spot
4.Sabertooth
5.Moonstone II
6.invisible woman
8.Colossus
9.Grail(re-pick)
10.War Machine
11.Shimmer(re-pick)
12.Executioner

Draft #3:

1.Black Panther
2.Wonderman
3.Jean Grey
4.Death's Head II
5.Sebastian Shaw
6.Sasquach
7.Cannonball
8.Bastion(re-pick)
9.Emma Frost
10.Grunge
11.?????(awaiting pick)
12.Booster Gold

just to keep things fresh. smile

Scoobless
I still think Jean Grey is > Iron Man

leonidas
problem with jean is what exoduscloak said -- it's very hard to determine when her powers are being augmented by the pf. and her abilities have varied so widely. tp, no tp. tk. weak. strong.

personally, i'd like to know which incarnation has been chosen. give me some issues so i'll know who i'm facing. erm

Newjak
problem with jean is what exoduscloak said -- it's very hard to determine when her powers are being augmented by the pf. and her abilities have varied so widely. tp, no tp. tk. weak. strong.

personally, i'd like to know which incarnation has been chosen. give me some issues so i'll know who i'm facing. erm Yeah that would definitely help.

Because it really is hard to determine Jean without Phoenix Force. Unless your gonna be using all of her old old appearances.

Scoobless
Booster Gold was drafted ... if he's the mind character, does he get Skeets?

I'm also assuming that this is Booster before the whole "Supernova" thing.

King Kandy
Bloodaxe must leave.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
Bloodaxe must leave.

co-signed. He's a thor villain. Also, why is Skurge the executioner here? Not to mention Grunge. blink

Edit: WAIT A MINUTE! I kicked Grunge from the last tournament. He's Absorbing Man lite. Toss em. thumb down

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6117/tricksterxv0.jpg

crylaugh haermm

Blair Wind
Edit: WAIT A MINUTE! I kicked Grunge from the last tournament. He's Absorbing Man lite. Toss em. thumb down

What YOU did in the last tournament doesnt matter. Ever ermmgay

Besides that, yes ban him

TricksterPriest

Besides that, yes ban him

Are you guys ever gonna forget that? embarrasment At least you agree on the banning. thumb up

Newjak
Are you guys ever gonna forget that? embarrasment At least you agree on the banning. thumb up Nope never mhm

And I say Ban everyone take no prisoners except for my people. stick out tongue

Scoobless
*Takes Newjak's people prisoner*

evil face

Symmetric Chaos
*Takes Newjak's people prisoner*

evil face

*nukes Scoobless*

Oh wait that makes things worse of Newjak . . .

Newjak
*nukes Scoobless*

Oh wait that makes things worse of Newjak . . . I'll survive.

And I'm excited I've been working on the picture for my guy and it is finally taking shape. stick out tongue

Scoobless
Originally posted by Newjak
I'll survive.

And I'm excited I've been working on the picture for my guy and it is finally taking shape. stick out tongue

Always the slow one eh?

stick out tongue

Yeah, mine took a while to put together as well.

Newjak
Always the slow one eh?

stick out tongue

Yeah, mine took a while to put together as well. Nope I just misquoted the wrong guy stick out tongue

Mine is probably a fifth of the way done but it shouldn't take me too long to complete.

Scoobless
Which characters are you using:?

smile

Newjak
Which characters are you using:?

smile You will find out soon enough dear Scoobs stick out tongue

Scoobless
You will find out soon enough dear Scoobs stick out tongue

Like now?

Newjak
Like now? Soon stick out tongue

Scoobless
How 'bout now?

no expression

Newjak
How 'bout soon

no expression

Validus
Nice use of ermmgay, B-Dub! thumb up

Scoobless
How 'bout soon

no expression

Now is soon (in relation to your last post)

big grin

Newjak
Now is soon (in relation to your last post)

big grin Ah but soon is a not a quantifiable number so soon then is the same as soon now and in the end the answer remains the same who will learn soon enough.

Scoobless
Ah but soon is a not a quantifiable number

Yes it is, it's 7.

erm

Blair Wind
Scoobs go do this herbwank and stop pestering

Newjak
Yes it is, it's 7.

erm Really then perhaps I should change my answer hmm

You'll know when I want you to know

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Scoobs go do this herbwank and stop pestering

You can't make me ... but if you did then that would just be weird.

no expression

leonidas
no expression

CasanoVa
You can't make me ... but if you did then that would just be weird.

no expression

It's times like these that you need Batdude ermm

illadelph12
no expression

illadelph12
*edit

darthgoober
Could I get some more info on Grunge? I know he's supposed to be Absorbing Man light, but how "light" exactly? Technically, Ms Marvel is Wonder Woman light, so what has Grunge personally done that puts him over the cap?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>