Texas CHainsaw Massacre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
hey people

i have seen the remake and the prequel, and also all the previous ones in the series and there was one thing that troubled me... on this website i found that this one critic says that in the prequel we find out whose face leatherface is wearing in the remake...SPOILER- we know that he kills Eric in the prequel and uses his face as a mask, so does that mean that in the remake it is Eric's face he has on before he gets Kemper's face? i own both films and i tried to see some similarites between the two...what you think? it the movie kinda implied to that.

Evil Dead
who cares, both sucks. You're better to not watch either.

Watch the original........and if stoned and looking for a good laugh, part 2. Other than that........keep away from any movie that has Texas and Chainsaw in the title.

Impediment
TCM (1) is the only one worth a damn. Watch the 1973 original and you'll be satisfied.

NormaBates
Originally posted by Vladimir
hey people

i have seen the remake and the prequel, and also all the previous ones in the series and there was one thing that troubled me... on this website i found that this one critic says that in the prequel we find out whose face leatherface is wearing in the remake...SPOILER- we know that he kills Eric in the prequel and uses his face as a mask, so does that mean that in the remake it is Eric's face he has on before he gets Kemper's face? i own both films and i tried to see some similarites between the two...what you think? it the movie kinda implied to that.

So to answer your question; Yes, leatherface is wearing Eric's face when he killed and replaced it with Kempers face.
Don't worry Vladimir, a lot of horrorfans dislike the remake en prequals, but i like them. Don't be afraid; Impy and Evil Dead won't bite ya!! smokin'

steverules
they might if you poke them with a stick

NormaBates
Originally posted by steverules
they might if you poke them with a stick [/QUOTE

But you don't have to poke them with a stick! laughing

steverules
Dammit

xblanex
Originally posted by Evil Dead

Watch the original........and if stoned and looking for a good laugh, part 2. Other than that........keep away from any movie that has Texas and Chainsaw in the title.

amen

ragesRemorse

Watch the original........and if stoned and looking for a good laugh, part 2. Other than that

Maybe i was to high, but what ever happened to dennis hopper in that movie?

Still, that movie offers one of the best things in cinema to see a duel weilding chainsaw battle laughing out loud

Vladimir
TCM2 is so bad its funny.. haha i loved number 3 though.. and i also liked the prequel..

Micheal_Myers
I dont neccesarily think the original is bad, but I found myself kind of bored while I was watching it.It didnt keep my attention like the remake.I dont know, maybe I just need to re-watch it.I thought the remake was good though.

LaHaine88
you new school horror fans are too cute

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I dont neccesarily think the original is bad, but I found myself kind of bored while I was watching it.It didnt keep my attention like the remake.I dont know, maybe I just need to re-watch it.I thought the remake was good though.

you were probably to desensitized by the time you first watched the original. The first time i watched TCM i was 7 or 8 and that movie disturbed me, and watching it today is much like watching star wars to relive the emotions i first had when watching it the first time around

BackFire

Listen to him, he knows his shit.

NormaBates
This is all rather subjective, isn't it?

BackFire
It isn't.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
you were probably to desensitized by the time you first watched the original. The first time i watched TCM i was 7 or 8 and that movie disturbed me, and watching it today is much like watching star wars to relive the emotions i first had when watching it the first time around

The movie was disturbing to me, but it just couldnt hold my attention.There was like, no shock factor, it didnt leave me creeped out waiting for something unexpected to happen.Because to be honest, nothing unexpected really happened.The first two people Leatherface killed, was just kinda like, okay he opened to door grabbed them and pulled them in.....done......okay?....And it wasnt even like a surprise door opening, you just kind of saw it coming.Good movie, but....I dontn know...I will definately have to re-watch it soon.

NormaBates
Originally posted by BackFire
It isn't.

I beg to differ...

BackFire
Good, I like when people beg.

Turns me on.

NormaBates
well, what can i say... i'm a gal that like to turn men on!

BackFire
Outstanding.

NormaBates
Watch out, Backfire, you're being naughty!!
Don't make me put on my latex boots and bring out my whip now, you hear!

BackFire
Why would I NOT want to make you do that?

NormaBates
I bet your just a little tease, like me!

BackFire
I don't tease, I take.

NormaBates
Then i'll have to warn you, i don't let myself be taken that easily.

BackFire
But still a little easily?

Should still be enough.

NormaBates
Ok! that does it! Now i'm bringin out my whip, on you!!

BackFire
Finally.

Whip it good.

NormaBates
O, you can be damn sure i'll whip it reaaaaal gooood!!

(By the way, B, you should know better than to go off topic, like this!)

NormaBates
oh, where do you want me to spank you...?

BackFire
Oh I like you.

NormaBates
You do?? Even if i say that i actually love the TCM remake?
Is the luv over now??????

BackFire
No, it will just turn aggressive and possibly violent.

Not that that's a bad thing.

ADarksideJedi
This movie was base on something that really happen in real life right>jm

NormaBates
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
This movie was base on something that really happen in real life right>jm

It's loosly based on Ed Gein.

NormaBates
Originally posted by BackFire
No, it will just turn aggressive and possibly violent.

Not that that's a bad thing.

I like a man with a temper!
It prevent my fists of getting rusty stick out tongue

xblanex
Originally posted by NormaBates
It's loosly based on Ed Gein.

very loosely i might add

NormaBates
Originally posted by xblanex
very loosely i might add

Yeah, apart from the skin wearing, i didn't quite see the comparison.

pumas79
the other connection being that Ed gein used parts of some of his victims as furniture and ornoments etc. how ever as someone else said it is very loosely based on his crimes.

ADarksideJedi
So some of it is made up and other parts are not?Still abit confuse.I thought the whole movie was supose to be base on a murder that happen a while back.jm

pumas79
The movie is based on the crimes of Ed Gein, however very very loosely based,
Ed Gein: was just one guy opperating on his own, he killed a couple of people Inc his own brother and turned their remains into furniture and items of clothing, thats it

Basically TCM just used these details and built up on them, adding more details etc.

ADarksideJedi
Sounds nasty.but interesting.Thanks for filling me in.jm

Micheal_Myers
I watched the ending to the third one on TV this morning.It actually wouldnt have been soo bad if it werent soo incredibly cheesy.Even Leatherface looked cheesy.But thats only the end that I saw.

ADarksideJedi
THey have three movies of it aready?Thought there was only two.jm

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
THey have three movies of it aready?Thought there was only two.jm

One of the original sequels...I saw it on this morning....o.O...

K.Diddy
Every Texas chainsaw massacre is pretty much the exact same movie with different actors roll eyes (sarcastic)

ADarksideJedi
That must be prety boring to watch the same thing over and over again.jm

pumas79
depends i like the orginals and i like the remakes, both have plus points and negative points, the originals are the best though

xblanex
i only like the original
everything else i think was crap

ADarksideJedi
THey are always the best!jm

king leonidas
the original was a great movie, none of the sequels or the prequel are worth watching unless you feel like watching crap horror films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.