Help?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Janus X
I think is where it belongs. I have an intergrated graphic card. If I want a new one, what should I do and graphic card is recommended?

LinixCobra
We first need to know what kind of motherboard you have. For example the motherboard name would be ASUS M2A-VM Socket AM2 AMD690G. Once we have the motherboard model we can determine what types of graphics cards you can use and which is best suited for your PC. Also it would be nice to know what you would mostly be needing this Video Card for that way you wouldnt have to spend so much money for something that will rarely be used or worse a video card where you cant use its max settings.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Janus X
I think is where it belongs. I have an intergrated graphic card. If I want a new one, what should I do and graphic card is recommended?
Like LinixCobra said, tell us that what Motherboard are you using.

Secondly it is important to note that what kind of slots are present on your motherboard.

Generally a motherboard comes equipped with 3 kinds of Slots:

- PCI Standard (Available on all Motherboards)

- AGP 8x (Only single AGP Slot is present on an AGP Mobo)

OR

- PCI Express (Available on latest Motherboards)

A 3D Card uses one of the above mentioned interfaces.

-> PCI 3D Cards are obsolete.
-> AGP 3D Cards are slowly fading away but are still available.
-> PCI-E 3D Cards are available in massive quantities and are future-proof.

So you must tell us that what Motherboard are you using. Only then we can give any recommendations.

Utrigita
and when you figure that out tell what you are planning on spending on it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.