Marvel 2008?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Big Sexy
I have read a few books on the new "Initiative" . Ign keeps stating, that several of the books are subtly referencing an event in 2008. What are they talking about?

phillipan
ANOTHER event?!?? Good god all these constant cross overs marvel are making are only degenerating the value of them. They dont have a big impact more than a few issues later.

Big Sexy
bump

willRules
I hope we find out what the villains were all doing during Civil War and so maybe they cause chaos in 2008?!!! eek!

King_Mungi
It's most likely the magic event they mentioned a few months back.

Morridini
Another one so fast? I'm not even finished with Civil War yet and soon World War Hulk is coming.

marvelprince
Originally posted by King_Mungi
It's most likely the magic event they mentioned a few months back.

Naw thats the arcana event that the writer on Sensational was working on. That's been reference in Nightcrawler, Sensational Spider-Man etc.

This new event supposedly will springboard/be set up off of the last page of New Avengers 31.

xmarksthespot
Thoroughly sick of "events."

Juntai
Originally posted by phillipan
ANOTHER event?!?? Good god all these constant cross overs marvel are making are only degenerating the value of them. They dont have a big impact more than a few issues later. Its not just them, DC had WW3, then the very next week started Amazon's attack.

llagrok
Yeah, it's not THAT long since we had Infinite Crisis and Decimation as well.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Juntai
Its not just them, DC had WW3, then the very next week started Amazon's attack.

WW3 was more like a spin-off of 52. It was optional to buy if you want to see more fights. At $2.50 it was tempting. Haven't read Amazon Attack....just the name of the writer alone keeps me away.

Juntai
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
WW3 was more like a spin-off of 52. It was optional to buy if you want to see more fights. At $2.50 it was tempting. Haven't read Amazon Attack....just the name of the writer alone keeps me away. Yeah it was more of a mini event.
Cool for a one day thing though.
The impace of all of them hittign at once was cool.

DC doesn't do giant events quite as often as Marvel, but it seems to be picking up.

Just around the same time period from IC to now...
Marvel had House of M/Decimation, Annihilation, Civil War, and now WWH, though it seems mostly self contained thus far.

{{QS}}
Originally posted by phillipan
ANOTHER event?!?? Good god all these constant cross overs marvel are making are only degenerating the value of them. They dont have a big impact more than a few issues later.

The 'Initiative' is just a fall-back from CW, when a fight that big happens the winner has to do something.There are 50 points only 2 of which are known.

42.The Neg-zone Prison
and
?.The 50 state initative

The 50 state initative is the idea of getting a superhero team in each state.

I think the events they're referencing may have something to do that will make heroe's the way they used to be.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Soljer

Co-signed.

Where's the good old villain of the month comics we all used to know and love?

marvelprince
Originally posted by {{QS}}
The 'Initiative' is just a fall-back from CW, when a fight that big happens the winner has to do something.There are 50 points only 2 of which are known.

42.The Neg-zone Prison
and
?.The 50 state initative

The 50 state initative is the idea of getting a superhero team in each state.

I think the events they're referencing may have something to do that will make heroe's the way they used to be.

Add cleaning up SHIELD as one of those 40 ideas. Tony mentioned it at the end of CW 7.

I want to see what the "event" is or entails first before I make any judgements.

TricksterPriest

I'm still syked for Countdown. w00tw00t But the marvel events are getting obnoxious. We all know WWH will be a wank fest of epic proportions. I'm not touching Arcana simply because I utterly despite Scarlet ***** and want her to die. (Even though Black Knight is kickass.......) Initiative will probably suck, Stark is a douche.

You know what I want for an event? Nick Fury to come back kicking ass, taking names, and throwing Stark and Maria Hill off the SHIELD helicarrier. evil face

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You know what I want for an event? Nick Fury to come back kicking ass, taking names, and throwing Stark and Maria Hill off the SHIELD helicarrier. evil face

Co-sign

willRules
Originally posted by marvelprince
Add cleaning up SHIELD as one of those 40 ideas. Tony mentioned it at the end of CW 7.

I want to see what the "event" is or entails first before I make any judgements.

I'm not sure the cleaning up of SHIELD is complete. The conversation between Stark and Ms Marvel in mighty avengers #1 suggests that there are still hidden enemies and their conversation ends with Tony looking troubled and on the panel behind him the word SHIELD is written.......

SpunkySmurph

You know what I want for an event? Nick Fury to come back kicking ass, taking names, and throwing Stark and Maria Hill off the SHIELD helicarrier. evil face Co-motherf*cking-signed.

the Darkone

Amen, I really like too see Nick Fury b***h slap stark and hill, and then throough their a$$ in jai or send them into spacel.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Its not just them, DC had WW3, then the very next week started Amazon's attack.
Thankfully they've given us no reason to care about Amazon's Attack.

I agree with X. Stuff like Annihilation and 52 is fine because it showcases characters we don't often see but the stuff like WWH needs to end.

Starhawk
Agreed, And remember Cable said something related to the 50 state initiative would go horribly wrong.

Yeah Countdown is going to be much better.

Big Sexy
I'm still syked for Countdown. w00tw00t But the marvel events are getting obnoxious. We all know WWH will be a wank fest of epic proportions. I'm not touching Arcana simply because I utterly despite Scarlet ***** and want her to die. (Even though Black Knight is kickass.......) Initiative will probably suck, Stark is a douche.

You know what I want for an event? Nick Fury to come back kicking ass, taking names, and throwing Stark and Maria Hill off the SHIELD helicarrier. evil face Actually I am now semi ok with WWH. Those images of Hulk taking the Illuminati are what Hulk plans to do. Thank God because I thought they were actually pages in the series.

Martian_mind
I used to think baby you loved me,now baby i'm sure...

grey fox
Let's be honest , who ACTUALLY gives a shit about any of the Amazons save for WW.

No one.

I don't give a damn about Artemis or ANY named Amazon , I don't care for how the writers say this will be 'like pearl harbour for DC' , and I especially dontgive a shit if they attack Washington.

It'll all lead to WW whining at them to stop or Supes doing a major ass kicking . So either way it's stale.

Hell even WWH has a better plotline, at least his vengance MAKES sense.

Darth Macabre
But the marvel events are getting obnoxious. Marvel as a whole is getting obnoxious. erm

CasanoVa
You don't have to buy them erm.

Both companies are putting out just about the same amount of events.

And none of the events have even been that bad to be honest, the worst from both being WW3 and CW. Which weren't that bad.

Btw TP, if you miss out on Mystic Arcana you'll regret it. Believe me, it looks great IMO, if you don't buy it atleast download it for curiosities sake wink

Martian_mind
What gets me is that Dc's mini-spin off is the stale peice from it's side...but civil war was the biggest peice of overhyped trash ever.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Martian_mind
What gets me is that Dc's mini-spin off is the stale peice from it's side...but civil war was the biggest peice of overhyped trash ever.

WW3 was far worse than CW no expression

The actual event may have been sucky, but the 616 universe pwns after it.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by CasanoVa
WW3 was far worse than CW no expression

The actual event may have been sucky, but the 616 universe pwns after it.

Well,It was basically a four-part mini of Jonn that came out in one day,and i know it was a hunk of turds....but seriously,4 issues of emo Jonn goodness.I can't knock it.

That was never in doubt.Civil war avengers,the initiative is awesome.Poor mini-cap though.

CasanoVa
Well,It was basically a four-part mini of Jonn that came out in one day,and i know it was a hunk of turds....but seriously,4 issues of emo Jonn goodness.I can't knock it.

That was never in doubt.Civil war avengers,the initiative is awesome.Poor mini-cap though.

Jonn.

Emo.

Turd.

You think those things added together = good?

mini cap? you mean MVP? he pwned before getting shot in the head. I think the characters to watch in that series are definetly Trauma and Yellow Jacket.

Martian_mind
Jonn.

Emo.

Turd.

You think those things added together = good?

mini cap? you mean MVP? he pwned before getting shot in the head. I think the characters to watch in that series are definetly Trauma and Yellow Jacket.

No,just saying how the fanboy in me can't let me cal a series that damn near focused on Jonn crap...even though i know it was.

Trauma seems cery interesting,and Cloud 9.I get the cloud,but why is the 9 there?

grey fox
Both Civil War and IC failed once they entered the final lap.

52 (while good) has also gained this fault.

Initiative (so far) seems fine.

H. S. 6
Trauma seems cery interesting,and Cloud 9.I get the cloud,but why is the 9 there?

Because "On Cloud 9" is a commonly known saying? confused

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Because "On Cloud 9" is a commonly known saying? confused I thought the saying was "On Cloud Number Nine"?

Or is that just the song?

Which I... totally don't listen to. nahuh

H. S. 6
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I thought the saying was "On Cloud Number Nine"?

Or is that just the song?

Which I... totally don't listen to. nahuh

I've heard it said both ways.

But still, couldn't you have connected the two? stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
You don't have to buy them erm.

Both companies are putting out just about the same amount of events.

And none of the events have even been that bad to be honest, the worst from both being WW3 and CW. Which weren't that bad.

Btw TP, if you miss out on Mystic Arcana you'll regret it. Believe me, it looks great IMO, if you don't buy it atleast download it for curiosities sake wink

I'm sure a kind and generous soul will upload a few issues onto KMC at some point. wink

I'll try and find it at my local comic book store.

WW3 was kickass. Black Adam smacked some bitches up. big grin

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
Both Civil War and IC failed once they entered the final lap.

52 (while good) has also gained this fault.

Initiative (so far) seems fine.
IC was dynamite until the last issue. CW failed as soon as Clor popped up.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
IC was dynamite until the last issue. CW failed as soon as Clor popped up.

My EXACT feelings.

You sure your not a mind reader ?

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
My EXACT feelings.

You sure your not a mind reader ?
Don't think so.

marvelprince
I liked CW. I agree after 3 it lot steam but the ramfications to the entire MU make it for it.

I liked IC for the same reason, big sweeping change but with the multiverse back and the Amazons returning I don't see much things which really changed.

I just hope the new Marvel event isn't another hero vs hero thing. I'd really like to see the heroes actually get back to fighting VILLIANS these days. I know I know. Crazy idea

outavodka
Originally posted by marvelprince
I liked CW. I agree after 3 it lot steam but the ramfications to the entire MU make it for it.

I liked IC for the same reason, big sweeping change but with the multiverse back and the Amazons returning I don't see much things which really changed.

I just hope the new Marvel event isn't another hero vs hero thing. I'd really like to see the heroes actually get back to fighting VILLIANS these days. I know I know. Crazy idea gota agree, tired of the same ol hero with sinister plans, conspiricy yada yada. I actually feel like ive lost respect for characters. Give me some throwback hero vs villian action goddamnit!

Grimm22
I skipped the first issue of Amazons Attack.

I'll probably pick up the rest of the issue, just to see Batman lead America against those stupid h*es cool

I swear this could be one of the coolest things ever if done right. Seriously imagine Batman killing Hippolyta by impaling her with an American Flag through the heart! eek!

Then have Batman say "This is my goddamn country, b*tch" big grin

God I love propaganda laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.