Nightmare and Night Terror VS Jenova and Sephiroth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Nothing
In this fight, Night Terror can exist without Nightmare's remains.

judgement hand
AHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA!!!!!
!!!! mommy and sonny take it

~ the hysterical hand of judgement

Xenogears
I don't think it's known exactly how powerful Jenova is. Seifer Sephiroth is a demi-god who has the energy of a planet. I would put Seifer Sephiroth above Nightmare seeing as he has the power of the lifestream, as well as powerful spells, some of which inflict status effects. In addition he can rain meteors in battle.

Jenova versus Nightmare seem a close match, but Jenova would most likely defeat Nightmare.

Night Terror and Seifer Sephiroth looks to be even closer. I do not know who win that match.

If this is not discussing Seifer Sephiroth,

Jenova and Night Terror should battle it out. Not sure who would win that.

Sephiroth and Nightmare would be the closest fight out of the two. My vote goes to Sephiroth.

Pyron_is_God
Jenova mindrapes the team by herself.

Classic NES
Wait a minute, how can nightmare and Night Terror work as a team if they are the same person? I'll wait for DSZ input on Night Terror.

SHM
In FFVII and AC, Jenova is nothing more than an extension of Sephiroth. She isn't a character, but a plot-device.

So this fight basically is, Nightmare and Night Terror vs Post-Nibel Sephiroth

Originally posted by Pyron_is_God
Jenova mindrapes the team by herself.

LOL

If only Sephiroth was mentioned, you would say that he can only mind-rape people with J-cells, like you said before in other threads.
But is not Sephiroth being mentioned, is Jenova. By your logic then, she can midrape anyone while Sephiroth(a guy with all her powers and more) can't.

Are threads like this, that shows how much of a Sephiroth hater you are.

Terryc250
She is a character.. approximately 2000 years ago before FFVII she was a living being meant to cause destruction, although her only objective to destroy, she was intelligent, transforming herself into the image of the Cetra's relatives to trick them, then spreading her virus transforming all the Cetras into monsters, we also see some of her powers, SOLDIERS infused with her cells become superhumans like Cloud and Zack, and how powerful Sephiroths mind became by being infused with her while he was still in Lucrecias womb her body.

Then we see the power Sephiroth gains using her bodyparts, etc

If it was Jenova while she was still a living being, she would most likely be a force to be reckoned with.

Jenova does have mind powers as well, i remember reading in the Reunion Files that Cloud after being infused with Jenova Cells unconciously read through Tifa's mind and created his own personality out of her memories in her mind (Tifa has no J-cells in her so apparently her mind powers work against anyone)

Dark-Jaxx
Jenova mindrapes the team by herself. Good luck mindraping suits of armor.

Pyron_is_God
Jenova has 255 Luck. big grin

Dark-Jaxx
Jenova has 255 Luck. big grin NT and NM have the uber hax which gives them +200 to all stats, a fellowship bonus when together granting them +250 strength, speed, and HP, and a +100 leadership bonus when underwater.

Darkstorm Zero
Very, very close indeed....

My conclusion is based on what weapon Nightmare is wielding.

Night Terror wields the Soul Edge (Complete Fusion), so if we are to suspend disbeleif and give Nightmare the Non-fused Soul Edge Complete he had from SC2, then the SC team could conceivably take this.

The Soul Edge is a godly weapon, sought by Aries and created on the forge of Hephastus. This thing is very literally older than Jenova, with tens of thousands of years worth of combat and warfare EXP, loads of supernatural powers, and the ability to absorb energy...

I need more information from the thread-starter...

Dark-Jaxx
Not to mention an incomplete SE was capable of worldwide corruption in the form of the Evil Seed.

SHM
Originally posted by Terryc250
She is a character.. approximately 2000 years ago before FFVII she was a living being meant to cause destruction, although her only objective to destroy, she was intelligent, transforming herself into the image of the Cetra's relatives to trick them, then spreading her virus transforming all the Cetras into monsters, we also see some of her powers, SOLDIERS infused with her cells become superhumans like Cloud and Zack, and how powerful Sephiroths mind became by being infused with her while he was still in Lucrecias womb her body.

That was before FFVII and AC. Read my post again.
And no, Sephiroth's mind wasn't that powerful because of Jenova.

Exactly. He made her body shapeshift in his image, and was using it like an extension of himself.

Not really. The UOG states that Jenova Synthesis was the closest to the original Jenova, the one who fought the Cetras. And Synthesis wasn't very powerful.

1) It was on the UOG. And the power to read minds comes from her cells. Sephiroth have J-cells, can control J-cells, is formed of J-cells in AC, and can use all their powers.

2) Mindreading =/= mindrape. Sephiroth(or Jenova when she was still a character, and not a plot-device) can't mindrape people who don't have J-cells inside them.

Terryc250
Originally posted by SHM
That was before FFVII and AC. Read my post again.
And no, Sephiroth's mind wasn't that powerful because of Jenova.

So then how did Sephiroth gain such a powerful willpower if it wasnt because he was infused with Jenova cells at birth?

That doesn't mean much really.. it was the closest out of of the others, but you can compare a mouse, a hamster, and a cat, then say the cat is the closest to a lion, doesn't nessarily it will be almost as powerful as a lion, but its still the closest out of the rest.

ThoraxeRMG
Sephiroth and Jenova win this.
Sadly, I'm too lazy to state why.

Pyron_is_God
A. Jenova SYNTHESIS' power level is game mechanics.
B. It was not even close to Jenova's original power level. There are countless SOLDIER in FFVII going around with her cells in them as well as Sephiroth himself. Plus all the body parts that were destroyed previously.
Synthesis was far from Jenova's original power level. The one that could survive re-entry.

Terryc250
Jenova must have insane durability as well, since she is a being that travels planet to planet, she is able to survive the vacuums of space and entry into the atmosphere and survive a landing from that too, also the fact that her cells are very much alive and powered after millenias

SHM
Originally posted by Terryc250
So then how did Sephiroth gain such a powerful willpower if it wasnt because he was infused with Jenova cells at birth?

Never explained.

And in AC Sephiroth's body is Jenova. Therefore he can do all those things too and more, because of the Negative Lifestream. And it even exist the possibility that Sephiroth's will and Jenova's stinctual nature merged together in the Lifestream("Seemingly, the will of Jenova as a human is the result of it consuming Sephiroth's spirit"wink.

Jenova is part of Sephiroth, or maybe they are even the same being(if they merged together).

One way or another, in the story of FFVII(the original game) and AC, she/it is nothing more than a plot-device. She is just an extension of Sephiroth, and he IS more powerful than her original form because he have part of the Lifestream, something she never had.

SHM
Actually, the title of this thread should change. Because "Jenova and Sephiroth" is what we call "Post-Nibel Sephiroth".

Pyron_is_God
Except that they're two separate entities. At least physically.
There is still a "Jenova" which we see in boss fights and disguised as Sephiroth while the real physical Sephiroth is in Northern Crater.

Terryc250
Originally posted by SHM
Never explained.
Well, its pretty logical he got it from being infused with Jenova at birth, other SOLDIERS can have a similar physical body to Sephiroth because of the cells infused with the body, but Sephiroth is different because he got it while he was still in the womb, so that would probably explain why none of the other soldiers have an abnormal mind/willpower like Sephiroth.

Too bad we never seen the limits of AC Sephiroth with the body, so its still unclear what her full powers are..

SHM
Except that they're two separate entities. At least physically.
There is still a "Jenova" which we see in boss fights and disguised as Sephiroth while the real physical Sephiroth is in Northern Crater.

In the first half of the game.
But in the second half, her cells merged with his body, forming Safer Sephiroth. And in AC his body is 100% Jenova.

My point is... Stating "Sephiroth and Jenova" is redundant. If we are talking about Post-Nibel Sephiroth, then of course Jenova will be present in some form. Or being controled by him, or merged with him, or composing his entire body. This is why Jenova can be considered only an extension of himself.
And IIRC even the UOG mentions Sephiroth as being "the new Jenova".

SHM
Not to mention that Sephiroth's cells are so similar to Jenova cells, that when Genesis wanted pure J-cells but couldn't find them, he asked for Sephiroth's cells.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.