Can they just leave Mary Jane the hell alone???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Alright who else besides me is sick and tired of every Tom, Dick, and Harry at Marvel trying to kill off MJ? I mean they've constantly talked about how much they all seem to want her gone. Truthfully I am getting really sick of it. How many other characters have lost as much as Peter? I know that is a huge part of his character and hell thats one of the main reasons I love him too but damn! The guys looses almost everything eventually or at least for a time. Can't he have just this one thing? I mean you don't see anyone itching to off Lois or Sue just to get them outta the way. Hell he has already lost his soul mate once. Does he have to lose the woman he loves now all over again too?

I just can't stand everyone wanting to take the one thing that Peter has going for him. I mean Aunt May I can see because well, no offense but she's old, she's already been dead once for quite awhile and how much more can her character really evolve or contribute to the story? I mean don't the writers, editors, and so on think there might be a reason why all the past attempts at removing MJ from Peters life one way or another have failed?

I'm just saying that Marvel needs to back off and leave MJ be. Sure go ahead and take everything else you can think of away from Peter. Make his life a living hell in more ways then he's ever seen before just so he can reach breaking point and do what has to be done to keep doing the right thing for the simple purpose that it is the right thing to do. But let him have her, his one glimmer of hope in his seemingly hopeless world.

Also without MJ, I just can't see Peter having the will to go on anymore. After everything he's lost, I just don't know if I could buy him still going on after having lost her too. It would be just to much IMO. MJ and May are the only things that ground him and keep him sane. For a long time MJ was the only thing and soon May will die, one way or another, and he will be truly alone. That is a burden I just don't think Peter could carry anymore.

So who's with me in thinking Marvel just needs to drop the whole nixing MJ idea once and for all?

Lucid Lui
Meh. MJ is such a huge part of the Spider-Man mythos that she'll always be around in one way or another. If they kill her, it's only a matter of time until she returns and goes back to being spider-wife.

If the comics are still good when she's dead, then it's fine. If they're crap, then it'll probably be reversed all the quicker.

That's the best way to look at it.

Martian_mind
Gwen should be brought back,and shae and MJ run off together.

A much better reasoning then the Osborn/Stacy idea.

Sparkz
I wouldn't mind if MJ left Peter or vice versa...but don't kill her again. Ok the main reason I want MJ to go is cause I wanna see him hook up with the Black Cat again lol

grey fox
All the MJ hate is kinda sad , Plus if people want Gwen/Peter action they should have kept Clone Gwen and Reilly alive.

It was awesome in a 'what-If' kinda way.

Martian_mind
I stand by the MJ/Gwen Stacy lesbian alliance.throw in Black Cat and Silver Sable and you have a passed out Entity and Digi.

Mobra
The funniest part is that it's not like killing MJ will make Gwen come back. And even if they pull off such magic and ressurect Gwen, she'll just be Norman's two dollar whore. Man. They sure did screw Spiderman up.

DigiMark007
Quesada has stated that Spidey getting married and being tied down to MJ was a bad idea....limits the romantic storyline possibilities.

So I wouldn't put it past him to kill her.

xmarksthespot
I've never perceived Spider-Man as the woman in every port type character so I've never really understood why Quesada so fervently dislikes a married Spider-Man.

Redatom65
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Quesada has stated that Spidey getting married and being tied down to MJ was a bad idea....limits the romantic storyline possibilities.

So I wouldn't put it past him to kill her.

Quesada's my dad no expression

UniOmni
Your dad's an idiot.

And i for one, don't understand how getting MJ our the picture would do anything but age Peter even more.

And that's the rub for Stupy Q.

He feels that Peter being married makes him too old. Well guess what nimrod, killing her makes him a widow, and divorce makes him a divorcee.

Eitherway, he's not wind of the sail Peter Parker anymore.

And to be honest, Parker married gives access to many more stories, if only Marvel had the guts to print them.

And lol at Marvel trying to make a super low self esteem having nerd like Peter, into a ladykiller.

For those who have many female friends, they'd tell you that confidence with a hint of true arrogance/dickishness is what gets them in the bed.

Marvel trying to turn Peter into Dick Grayson doesn't work, since he's a loser at heart.

Try dating sometime Quespazda!

Entity
Originally posted by grey fox
All the MJ hate is kinda sad , Plus if people want Gwen/Peter action they should have kept Clone Gwen and Reilly alive.

It was awesome in a 'what-If' kinda way. Yea I've wished countless times they'd kept Reilly and Clone Gwen around to have them run off to the opposite side of the country or something like that. That way we'd have him living two different lives in the same world.

Another way that has been about the only other way I thought I'd buy bringing Gwen back was if after HoM she'd somehow stuck around. That would've been kinda cool to have Peter in the current Marvel Universe with all the memories of both 616 and HoM. Torn between 616 MJ and HoM Gwen.

Originally posted by Martian_mind
I stand by the MJ/Gwen Stacy lesbian alliance.throw in Black Cat and Silver Sable and you have a passed out Entity and Digi. YEA! eek!

I've always wanted to hunt down all the people that even considered allowing Sins Past to happen and beating them beyond belief. Black Cat could've worked for that thou. Lets face it, Felicia's a hoe but GWEN'S NOT!!!

Just the thought of Gwen, MJ, and Felicia all in the same encounter thou. droolio

But anyway back on topic. They need to just deal with the fact that Peter's evolved and isn't the high school/college single that has to try and mesh dating with responsibility anymore. His character has grown beyond that and I for one am glad. I think we've read about all the relationship stories there were. Its time to just allow the character continue to evolve and move on through life.

If we want to read about Peter going to single life hell again, there's always Ultimate. wink

Redatom65
Originally posted by Entity
Yea I've wished countless times they'd kept Reilly and Clone Gwen around to have them run off to the opposite side of the country or something like that. That way we'd have him living two different lives in the same world.

Another way that has been about the only other way I thought I'd buy bringing Gwen back was if after HoM she'd somehow stuck around. That would've been kinda cool to have Peter in the current Marvel Universe with all the memories of both 616 and HoM. Torn between 616 MJ and HoM Gwen.

YEA! eek!

I've always wanted to hunt down all the people that even considered allowing Sins Past to happen and beating them beyond belief. Black Cat could've worked for that thou. Lets face it, Felicia's a hoe but GWEN'S NOT!!!

Just the thought of Gwen, MJ, and Felicia all in the same encounter thou. droolio

But anyway back on topic. They need to just deal with the fact that Peter's evolved and isn't the high school/college single that has to try and mesh dating with responsibility anymore. His character has grown beyond that and I for one am glad. I think we've read about all the relationship stories there were. Its time to just allow the character continue to evolve and move on through life.

If we want to read about Peter going to single life hell again, there's always Ultimate. wink

laughing I knew it was merely of a matter of time, til you would reply to the clone wars thing eek!

Entity
Originally posted by Redatom65
laughing I knew it was merely of a matter of time, til you would reply to the clone wars thing eek! WHAT? I always liked Ben and since I have always thought Gwen was Peter's soul mate it only makes since.

Redatom65
WHAT? I always liked Ben and since I have always thought Gwen was Peter's soul mate it only makes since.

i know, i'm commenting on the fact I knew you'd be here in no time... confused

Starhawk
Okay the main arguments marvel uses for this is that they want to introduce more romantic turmoil into the comic which is harder to do with a married couple as the guys writing Superman are finding out. Also there is other female characters like black cat whom the readers would like to see him with.

But if they do kill her off, my main worry is a repeat of Peter going psycho and becoming "The Spider". Does everyone remember that? After his Clone "parents" died.

Validus
Killing off MJ is a bad idea. Period. End of story.

His Airness
Originally posted by Validus
Killing off MJ is a bad idea. Period. End of story.

thumb up

llagrok
Wolverine had to kill Mariko.
He had to kill Jean grey 40 times to weaken her.
He accidentally killed Rose.
He lost Itsu.
His own son tries to kill him.
He was turned into a monster, which he later got the blame for.
All files about his past was erased.

Why can't they leave Wolvie alone?

Morridini
If they were to remove MJ then I would much rather see a divorce then a death. A death would be a tragedy for Peter, however if it is he who wants a divorce then it won't have such a bad effect on his life.

Grimm22
The only way they could have brought Gwen back without screwing over her death would have been to keep her alive after she was brought back in House of M.

Honestly, I don't like 616 MJ, she just kind of annoys me erm

I prefer Ult. Mary Jane, who like Ult. Spidey, I can identify with more since he's about my age

llagrok
Originally posted by Morridini
If they were to remove MJ then I would much rather see a divorce then a death. A death would be a tragedy for Peter, however if it is he who wants a divorce then it won't have such a bad effect on his life.

I wonder what Peter would have to do, for MJ to split...

Morridini
Originally posted by llagrok
I wonder what Peter would have to do, for MJ to split...

Black Cat maybe?

llagrok
Oh yeah, MJ seems to be quite jealous of her.

Validus
A divorce is an even worse idea than killing her.

Morridini
Why would u state that without reasoning? Just an attempt to start an argument?

CasanoVa
No, because it's his opinion and the purpose of these boards are to state your opinions.

And because he's right. erm

Grimm22
A divorce is an even worse idea than killing her.

Pretty Much erm

But, honestly, if marvel REALLY wants to make Spidey the everyman, he needs to get a woman with a REAL job.

Considering that acting isn't exactly something that most people partake in

Soljer
Honestly? I'm friggin tired of Ultimate Mary Jane. Every time they show her on panel, there is some sort of foreshadowing, and I just want to scream "Would you turn into some big hairy monster already? For ****'s sake!"

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer
Honestly? I'm friggin tired of Ultimate Mary Jane. Every time they show her on panel, there is some sort of foreshadowing, and I just want to scream "Would you turn into some big hairy monster already? For ****'s sake!"

Getting Ult MJ into the hero-action would be pretty cool.

And for Gods sake if they HAVE to keep Grey Goblin and Gwen JR in continuity then at least DO something with them. Give the a mini , drop 'em in thunderbolts. Hell, get Arana involved.

Let's make a frigging 'Spider-family' to counteract 'Team Superman' and 'The Bat-family'.

Morridini
So, anyone at all wanna try to say why it would be a bad idea?

Entity

And for Gods sake if they HAVE to keep Grey Goblin and Gwen JR in continuity then at least DO something with them. Give the a mini , drop 'em in thunderbolts. Hell, get Arana involved.

Let's make a frigging 'Spider-family' to counteract 'Team Superman' and 'The Bat-family'.

Umm, NO!

I am cool with having his kids take up the mantle one day but I don't want 8 freakin spider-people running around. I already got issues with Jessica Drew as it is.

I could enjoy Reilly coming back some how but he'd need to be off doing his own thing and only cross over with Peter occasionally. Then maybe years down the road have their kids working together and trying to sort out what kinda of odd family unit they have.

Are they siblings, cousin, or just people with similar abilities?
Not like they don't know who each other is, well maybe for an issue or 2 but thats not really what I was meaning. How do they react to each other as a family unit.

grey fox
It could work , you just spread them out over America.

Hell I want more Kaine since he's an untouched plot-point.

Entity
It could work , you just spread them out over America.

Hell I want more Kaine since he's an untouched plot-point. Kaine was always interesting to me too. Hell Peter, Ben, and him were really the only good things about the clone saga. Well, that and the potential they had to hook Ben up with Gwen's clone.

grey fox
Kaine was always interesting to me too. Hell Peter, Ben, and him were really the only good things about the clone saga. Well, that and the potential they had to hook Ben up with Gwen's clone.

Yes.

See now , they could have Kaine living in some bumhole in Europe when he get's one of his psychic flash-forwards showing him the kids and he's all 'Crap , gotta get my ass out of here'. The kids find him however and are like "Please clone-adopted daddy teach us how to use our insane powers".

Validus
So, anyone at all wanna try to say why it would be a bad idea?
UniOmni already explained it on Page 1. Joey Q wants MJ gone because it ages Peter but killing his wife or getting a divorce just makes him seem all the more older. As he also mentioned, Pete isn't Dick Grayson. Trying to make him a big time ladies man doesn't fit with his personality.

The only way to get rid of MJ without aging Pete more is via massive retcon.

Entity
Yes.

See now , they could have Kaine living in some bumhole in Europe when he get's one of his psychic flash-forwards showing him the kids and he's all 'Crap , gotta get my ass out of here'. The kids find him however and are like "Please clone-adopted daddy teach us how to use our insane powers". ORRRR! They could just let Sarah and Gabriel drop off the face of the earth like they never even existed.

And no one speaks of Sins Past ever again. smokin'
NEVER EVEN HAPPENED!

OH and GWEN WAS'T A WHORE!!!

Entity
UniOmni already explained it on Page 1. Joey Q wants MJ gone because it ages Peter but killing his wife or getting a divorce just makes him seem all the more older. As he also mentioned, Pete isn't Dick Grayson. Trying to make him a big time ladies man doesn't fit with his personality.

The only way to get rid of MJ without aging Pete more is via massive retcon. They really want MJ gone?
Send someone back in time mess with the time line. Have Norman throw her ass off that bridge and Gwen go on to live happily ever after with Peter................. Kinda.

Naw I'm just kiddin but I still wanna see the What If. stick out tongue

grey fox
Zombie Gwen would be pretty good.....

TricksterPriest
Yes.

See now , they could have Kaine living in some bumhole in Europe when he get's one of his psychic flash-forwards showing him the kids and he's all 'Crap , gotta get my ass out of here'. The kids find him however and are like "Please clone-adopted daddy teach us how to use our insane powers".

Since Joe Q is an idiot and we have no hopes of them retconning Sins past (no matter how much it ****s up the continuity), they do need to something. My only problem with your idea is, wasn't Kaine on a time limit? I thought he was an unstable clone destined to die in a few years. So....even by comic time, shouldn't he be dead or on his way out? hmm

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Since Joe Q is an idiot and we have no hopes of them retconning Sins past (no matter how much it ****s up the continuity), they do need to something. My only problem with your idea is, wasn't Kaine on a time limit? I thought he was an unstable clone destined to die in a few years. So....even by comic time, shouldn't he be dead or on his way out? hmm

MC2 Kaine is fine.

Marvel can bullshit their way out of anything , latent healing factor , devoured remains of Spidercide , ect. Something to keep his genetics stable.

Entity
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Since Joe Q is an idiot and we have no hopes of them retconning Sins past (no matter how much it ****s up the continuity), they do need to something. My only problem with your idea is, wasn't Kaine on a time limit? I thought he was an unstable clone destined to die in a few years. So....even by comic time, shouldn't he be dead or on his way out? hmm Yea cause no body else thats supposed to be dead in comics ain't! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dinalfos
Oh god, leave her the hell alone. The last thing the Spiderman comics need is the sappy romance from the movies. I prefer genuine drama instead.

Morridini

Hmm, then just throw her in a coma forever. Eventually Peter will have to move on.

Evil_Ash
Forget Mary Jane. Just bring back the Clone Saga.

durfist

UniOmni

See, it's times like this when i'm glad i remember to change your batteries.

cool

UniOmni
Hmm, then just throw her in a coma forever. Eventually Peter will have to move on.

You don't read much Spiderman, huh?

He hasn't gotten over Uncle Ben in 40+ years, so why'd he get over MJ?

He'd go out, fight crime, visit Aunt May and then swing by the hospice where he'd hold her hand and recant his day for her.

He'd do this for the rest of his life, unless she died first.

They're in a good spot, if only Quespazda would realize that, and stop wishing for the Wonder years.

DC can't bring back the whimsical, if sterile stories of the PC era, and Marvel can't bring back the loner, single, teenage Spidey.

Good writers can make a decent, if not great story outta shitty beginnings.

Bad writers retcon.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by UniOmni
You don't read much Spiderman, huh?

He hasn't gotten over Uncle Ben in 40+ years, so why'd he get over MJ?

He'd go out, fight crime, visit Aunt May and then swing by the hospice where he'd hold her hand and recant his day for her.

He'd do this for the rest of his life, unless she died first.

They're in a good spot, if only Quespazda would realize that, and stop wishing for the Wonder years.

DC can't bring back the whimsical, if sterile stories of the PC era, and Marvel can't bring back the loner, single, teenage Spidey.

Good writers can make a decent, if not great story outta shitty beginnings.

Bad writers retcon. I agree 100 percent. My question is why try to return a character to their original status? Peters relationship with MJ was gradual. Characters tend to change over time. I mean look at Juggernaut or Sabertooth, their both with a team of super heroes despite the fact that both are multiple murderers. Why would they want to change Peter into Nightwing. Look how well Night-wings series is doing now. Besides the annual, that book has been in the depths of mediocrity for a long time.

UniOmni
The Annual was great, mostly because it explained what happened in between OYL and the end of IC.

And Parker will never be the swashbuckling dashing rogue that Nightwing is.

Marvels obsession with emulating DC is a problem, especially since they were at their best when they did things their own way.

llagrok

:O keep Arana out of this, you monster!

Big Sexy
Originally posted by UniOmni
The Annual was great, mostly because it explained what happened in between OYL and the end of IC.

And Parker will never be the swashbuckling dashing rogue that Nightwing is.

Marvels obsession with emulating DC is a problem, especially since they were at their best when they did things their own way. Dont get me wrong, Civil was a great attempt at marvel changing the pace but it just left readers with a sour taste in their mouth. Clor was the beginning of the end for Civil War. The upcoming cockstroke that is WWH probably wont add to the creativity either.

grey fox
:O keep Arana out of this, you monster!

NEVER !!!!

She has Spider-powers. To the Spider-mobile !

NiņoAraņa
NEVER !!!!

She has Spider-powers. To the Spider-mobile ! isn't there already book called SPider Family? no expression

grey fox

NiņoAraņa
I honestly have no idea.

BTW The 'Spider-family' is an informal title like 'Bat-family'. eh, i thought i saw it at the Shop.....let me see if i could find it...

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I agree 100 percent. My question is why try to return a character to their original status? Peters relationship with MJ was gradual. Characters tend to change over time. I mean look at Juggernaut or Sabertooth, their both with a team of super heroes despite the fact that both are multiple murderers. Why would they want to change Peter into Nightwing. Look how well Night-wings series is doing now. Besides the annual, that book has been in the depths of mediocrity for a long time. That's one thing about Spiderman, his particular personal growth is what makes him unique amongst superheroes.

llagrok
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
That's one thing about Spiderman, his particular personal growth is what makes him unique amongst superheroes.

Personal growth isn't limited to Spider Man.

WrathfulDwarf
Mary Jane should have been dead ages ago.

The whole geeky superhero gets the fine looking red head model NEVER click with me.

My honest opinion....kill the dumb broad and then let Peter mature THEN get him a girlfriend.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The whole geeky superhero gets the fine looking red head model NEVER click with me.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Spider_Sense_by_edbenes.jpg

ermmnone

WrathfulDwarf
It's just the costume they love. stick out tongue

pr1983
I mean you don't see anyone itching to off Lois

i would... i'd love it if that b*tch died or left or whatever... man i hate her...

i think they should leave mj alone... she gives pete hope... no matter how bad shit gets, he has mj, and i think alot of the time thats what keeps him going...

llagrok
Peter didn't even kill anyone after he learned that Green Goblin sperminated the woman he loved...

Big Sexy
Peter didn't even kill anyone after he learned that Green Goblin sperminated and terminated the woman he loved... I should have been a poet stick out tongue

Evil_Ash
Peter didn't even kill anyone after he learned that Green Goblin sperminated the woman he loved...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/thrusta.gif

pr1983
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

that's wrong... just... wrong.

Validus
That's quite an O face Norman has there.

llagrok

He kinda looks like Bush, doesn't he?

Evil_Ash
He kinda looks like Bush, doesn't he?

Osborn is the love child of Tommy Lee Jones and Bush.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Greengoblininthunderbolts.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Osborn is the love child of Tommy Lee Jones and Bush.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Greengoblininthunderbolts.jpg

shocking

llagrok
I have a sneak suspicion there's something with Evil Ash and all those GG pictures.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.