Upheaval - Brieder War I

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Miracle
I do have permission by Ush so avoid embarrasment by claiming it doesn't.

Story.-

The year is 2559, more than 5 centuries ago, the planet formerly known as Earth had run out of fossil fuels. What became known as World War III started when America declared that their oil reserves were empty. They lied of course, so America, taking the advantage of it's relationship with the central american countries as well as Mexico and Canada, they allied with Russia and the European countries to attack and seize the oil reserves of the African countries.

The Africans put on a big fight, most of America, Mexico and Canada were obliterated and Russia soon after offered it's help to these countries in exchange of a big cut in the oil reserve. China seized the territory of Irak and Iran but they soon realized that what little was left of the reserves would not be enough to sustain the world. Scientists from all over the world discused the matter but all options pointed to what was inevitable, the end of the world.

Soon after the greenhouse effect started to become more dangerous, life in the desert became unsustainable and animals all over the Equator started to die. The dams started to go dry and the electric services became insanely expensive. Poverty was bigger than ever.

In all the chaos, Russia and China joined forces to build a space station that would support human life as it moved through space with destination to a planet discovered by Japanese scientists at NASA. This planet was without a name and was soon after called Hope as it was human kind's last hope for survival.

The space station was the size of Texas. Thousands of human beings were frozen for the travel and the last of the oil reserves were deposited into the space station to create an impulse so strong that it would send the station on it's course to arrive at the planet in the next 100 years.

The result was succesful, the good news was followed by a terrible one. Earth was finally dead and all those who were left in it. Where Earth used to be now only asteroids and dust are left.

Near the end of the voyage, an asteroid collided with the space station spliting it into two. One part crash landed and the other stayed in orbit examining the planet for life possibilities. A colony was built over the planet with only 300 people, this colony was called Sparta in reminescence of human history.

An expedition was soon carried out to learn of the fate of the people in the other half of the station. Thirty men left for it, only two came back. The atmosphere of the planet contained a bacteria that caused madness, mutation and agression. The people of that crash were now less than human, some gained more strength, others more speed, others more endurance. Their numbers grew and their new species branched like different kinds of spiders. A new name was given to these creatures, those who were our brothers, now are our enemies, some call them evolved humans but evolution is not that cruel. The name came from the serial number of their tanks, BR13D3R, so they were called Brieders. Their leader used to be Doctor Higgins, now he calls himself Lord Artus, he and his generals now seek to destroy Sparta.

Sparta is now the first human city. The size of the former USA. Sparta is our last defence against the invading Brieders who have also made their city deep in the mountains of what has been called The Hive. They had the time to make weapons, but we are not without our resources. Human numbers have grown, but so have theirs. The battle now takes place in the hills of Cretia, the abandoned human facility now taken by the Brieders. We must find a way to get to their capital and destroy them, underground they're more powerful but under the sky, we are the masters.

The toxin in the air was neutralized thirty years ago, now we can run free in the world. But be careful with Brieder weaponry as their Klaut-guns launch small injection darts that contain deadly viruses. Thank god they only have limited supplies, and us an antidote. But on the battlefield you must be careful, for the only antidote out there is death...

Note.-
Ok I did this a bit rushed and it went a little away from my original idea but since I'm writing a book that is not exactly this but sci-fi nonetheless I thought I'd come back here after my huge leave and bring this and see if it interests any of you big grin

Character Sheet
To participate please fill in the following form:

Name:

Personality:
Biography:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Appearence: (Pic or detailed paragraph)

Ok, here's mine:
Name: Faith Cortez

Personality: optimistic but quiet, she has problems trusting people, only few are considered friends by her.
Biography: Daughter of an English SAS member and a Spanish mother, Faith was raised in the military sector of Sparta, from a young age she started training and working with her father ensuring the security of the city. She is very knowledgeable about Brieders and their subspecies.
Strengths: loyal, helps whenever she can and is a great shooter.
Weaknesses: short temper and not very patient.

Appearence: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8625/katebeckinsalepatio18ccop0.jpg

Everyone post your character sheet and jump into the action.

It was mid-day, the infantry of the Spartan army moved towards the hills with great opposition from the Brieders. A small squad in a trench, south of what was an abandoned observatory was awaiting the arrival of the comms officer. Faith Cortez was one of the soldiers in the trench. The new model of weaponry was in her hands, the new carbine, a redesigned M4 with shotgun barrel with capacity of three shells.

The comms officer came rushing into the trench as a grenade blast was heard and seen a few metters away from them.

- "They're getting closer!" - one of the soldiers said, Faith took a look at the comms officer who was bleeding from his left arm.

- "Are you alright officer?" - Faith asked and the man nodded, he was panting and managed to catch a bit of his breath.

- "Ma'am, we've lost contact with the forward command center, the only comm available at this point is in the recon tower just north of the greenhouse" - the comms officer said.

- "Fine, we'll have to move there and contact the airstrike team to clear the Brieder camp just east of the hills" - Faith said and took her binoculars and saw three huge monsters, these monsters were called Tank Brieders because of their size and difficulty to bring down.

- "Three tanks on the way, anybody looked at the blueprints of this place?" - Faith asked.

Miracle
(The end)

Kasi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.