X-Man vs Jean vs Cable vs Rachel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
using only telekinesis and telepathy.

guy222
Originally posted by psy_blade
using only telekinesis and telepathy.

Between Jean and Rachel

psy_blade
no phoenixes.

llagrok
No phoenix? Then x-man wins.

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
No phoenix? Then x-man wins.

rachel or jean maybe the strongest without the phoenix

id369
No Phoenix
X-Man takes this.

guy222
Originally posted by id369
No Phoenix
X-Man takes this.

nate is said to rival dark phoenix...did cable and nate stalemate

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
rachel or jean maybe the strongest without the phoenix

Not stronger than X-man. Jean is probably at Moondragon's level.

celestialdemon
X-Man wins.

guy222
Not stronger than X-man. Jean is probably at Moondragon's level.

i like nate's heroism. no way shape or form is he beating rachel or jean with the force.

jean and rachel surpass moon

guy222
Originally posted by celestialdemon
X-Man wins.

he should

llagrok
i like nate's heroism. no way shape or form is he beating rachel or jean with the force.

jean and rachel surpass moon

Yeah, they're probably beyond Moondragon now. However, Nate's a stronger telepath than Xavier.

Are we underestimating Cable here?

guy222
Yeah, they're probably beyond Moondragon now. However, Nate's a stronger telepath than Xavier.

Are we underestimating Cable here?

nah...cable and nate had good battles..

llagrok
nah...cable and nate had good battles..

What are the odds of Jean or Rachel trying to use some female persuasion here? laughing

Technically they're not related by 616 bonds, well with the exception of cable.

guy222
What are the odds of Jean or Rachel trying to use some female persuasion here? laughing

Technically they're not related by 616 bonds, well with the exception of cable.

laughing out loud

rachel is probably stronger. imo

llagrok
laughing out loud

rachel is probably stronger. imo

Possible, considering that Emma taught her a little about telepathy, and possibly other things shifty

Starhawk
If no phoenix force allowed, X-Man takes all 3 of them down at once.

What If...
laughing

Starhawk
Well it's true.

guy222
Possible, considering that Emma taught her a little about telepathy, and possibly other things shifty

thumb up

What If...
No, it's not smile

Starhawk
X-Man is comparable in power to Dark Phoenix, the thread starter said Jean and Rachel couldn't access their phoenix powers. None of them can handle Nate.

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by Starhawk
X-Man is comparable in power to Dark Phoenix, the thread starter said Jean and Rachel couldn't access their phoenix powers. None of them can handle Nate. What feats support this?

Bentley
X-man wins.

Starhawk
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
What feats support this?

Moira confirmed his power level. Without the Phoenix, jean and Rachel are just telepaths and tk'ers, nothing more and Cable is a weaker version of Nate.

WorldWarHulk
Moira confirmed his power level. Without the Phoenix, jean and Rachel are just telepaths and tk'ers, nothing more and Cable is a weaker version of Nate. I said feats, not statements.

Starhawk
I don't need feats, Moria said in the issue before Cable and Nate first faced off that his power level was at Dark Phoenix's level. Jean and Rachel without the Phoenix have no feats that would suggest that they could beat Nate. And Cable is a weaker version of him, which suggests that Nate would crush him. Feats aren't always needed. You might as well ask for feats as to why Jarvis couldn't beat the Hulk.

llagrok
I don't need feats, Moria said in the issue before Cable and Nate first faced off that his power level was at Dark Phoenix's level. Jean and Rachel without the Phoenix have no feats that would suggest that they could beat Nate. And Cable is a weaker version of him, which suggests that Nate would crush him. Feats aren't always needed. You might as well ask for feats as to why Jarvis couldn't beat the Hulk.

That's a horrible example.

Nate's potential isn't above Cable's potential, and they're below Dark Phoenix level. The only reason why X-man would ever defeat these people, is because he produces an insane amount of telekinetic/telepathic energy.

I don't think that Rachel or Jean can go toe to toe against Holocaust, which Nate obviously can. However, this is because their fighting styles are very similar, brute and raw power.

You can't defeat Jean or Rachel with raw power alone.

id369

Starhawk
That's a horrible example.

Nate's potential isn't above Cable's potential, and they're below Dark Phoenix level. The only reason why X-man would ever defeat these people, is because he produces an insane amount of telekinetic/telepathic energy.

I don't think that Rachel or Jean can go toe to toe against Holocaust, which Nate obviously can. However, this is because their fighting styles are very similar, brute and raw power.

You can't defeat Jean or Rachel with raw power alone.

When they don't have any Phoenix powers as the thread states yes he can. It has been stated in Cable's comic that the only person who has a powerlevel similar to Nate's is Dark Phoenix, it's in the comics, therefore fact. And yes Cable virus keeps him from being as powerful as Nate Grey.

guy222
When they don't have any Phoenix powers as the thread states yes he can. It has been stated in Cable's comic that the only person who has a powerlevel similar to Nate's is Dark Phoenix, it's in the comics, therefore fact. And yes Cable virus keeps him from being as powerful as Nate Grey.

yes

I should post the scan stick out tongue

Starhawk
LOL Yes you should.

id369
The T.O. did a bit more then just keep him from being as powerful as Nate.

It also seems that it has halted his progression to farther develop his Psi powers.
This was briefly mentioned by Cable when he was comparing himself to Nate.

Oh and Nate is the only Fully functional in all the Multiverse. It seems all other Nates have a serious hindrance or Defect like Cable T.O.

Some Narration on Nate.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/X-Man_025_p06.jpg

psy_blade
The girls are pretty powerful too. I remember Jean saying that X-Man can match Madelyne's tk and also that Maddie's a clone of herself. That must mean their powers aren't that far apart. And Rachel lifted an island. That must be millions of tons. Their skills should also be considered. X-Man may be more powerful but Cable has more skills, like Emma is to Rachel.

llagrok
This thread is just stupid. We've never seen Rachel do anything without help from the Phoenix, and we only have really old examples of Jean doing anything without it.

id369

llagrok
For the record, Cable and Nate are not the same person. Cable is merely the son of Jean's clone. Nate is the real Jean's son.

Thus, despite being very similar, Nate's potential surpasses Cable's.

Utrigita
and the difference between the clones is what to be exact???

llagrok
Originally posted by Utrigita
and the difference between the clones is what to be exact???

Phoenix powa

Cosmic Flame
I don't think it's simply a matter of who can turn up the heat the highest. There's not doubt that X-Man is a beast, but he generally doesn't engage in combat on multiple fronts with several people of equitable power. One on one, he might be able to take the majority against most people, but in a four-way fight...I don't think victory's going to be that easy for him.

LordKaos
Jean is far more skilled than the others, just about everything Cable knows about his psi powers Jean taught him. Rachel has come a long way in the amounts of raw power she can produce since the Phoenix left her. Nate is like a drive-by shooter, all ammo no aim he just goes buckwild all the time. He and Cable have that psi-feedback thing that causes them a great deal of pain in close proximity a weakness that mom and sis can exploit. Jean has taken Cable out telepathically by mistake and she can use his tk apparently without his permission, since she used it to change their clothes while telling him she was doing it.

starlock
Nate Grey for the win

I think in AOA when Nate kills sinister,sinister makes the comment that Nate is attacking him on more than one front(physicaly,mentaly etc),at the same time

Not only is he a true child of Jean and Cyke but he was a test tube baby-one engineered to be the best,Not a product of a clone and Cyke having a baby

llagrok
Originally posted by LordKaos
Jean is far more skilled than the others, just about everything Cable knows about his psi powers Jean taught him. Rachel has come a long way in the amounts of raw power she can produce since the Phoenix left her. Nate is like a drive-by shooter, all ammo no aim he just goes buckwild all the time. He and Cable have that psi-feedback thing that causes them a great deal of pain in close proximity a weakness that mom and sis can exploit. Jean has taken Cable out telepathically by mistake and she can use his tk apparently without his permission, since she used it to change their clothes while telling him she was doing it.

Jean has no way injuring Nate.
She cannot use Cable's powers.

Nate's telekinesis is stronger than anything they've ever encountered, I don't think you understand that. Nate has no aim? His telepathy is far above Xavier's, you need aim with it?

You are underestimating Nate so much is fricking ridicules. His telekinesis is strong enough to TEAR DIMENSIONS APART. That's how he travels to other worlds. He can create his telekinetic armor which puts him on level with strength class 100+ guys.

Wanna talk about finesse? You say he has no aim? Enlighten me, how was it that he died? He split himself up telekinetically and became apart of every living thing on the planet.

If Jean's finesse is so good, why isn't she capable of injuring Apocalypse at full power? You know, like Nate did in AoA. Jean wouldn't even take out Holocaust.

Nate can just freeze Jean/Rachel, kill them and then deal with Cable.

LordKaos
Never encountered tk like nate? can you say dark phoenix
I'm not underestimating him at all he is not as skilled as she is point blank, he tried to sneak up on her once, guess what? she saw him coming from a mile away, but when she snuck up on him and maddie they didn't know until she was basically hovering over the chalet they were in with blackbird.
As a matter of fact at the beginning of OZT when the Xmen were first attacked by the prime sentinels Jean some how transported to the world where the avengers were trapped in after the Onslaught deal, long enough to hand Ironman his ass and pop back, she has also experienced some sort of reality shift when storm and candra were fighting over candras heart. When Odin was killed by Set, Jean felt it all the way on earth even though the incident took place in asgard.
Finesse my ass Jean stored Xaivers entire mind within her and then split it up to be placed in the minds of every mutant on earth and then put it back. She transfered her entire mind including her tk to emma frosts body.
She injured Apoc. during the 12 saga tore right through that oh so powerful celestial armour of his. She was also the only one to be able to see through the reality alterations Apoc was creating in his attempt to finish becoming god.
Sinister made that comment right before onslaught snatched nate away, and Jean attacked the Umen in the same manner. His constant abuse of his power always causes hemorrhaging.
As for the aim comment it was strictly metaphoric to illustrate that he is a wild card who over exerts himself most of the time lashing out at anything his raw tk can reach, I have not underestimated anything about his power it is ability to use them that I bring into question, most of his cooler psi tricks are subconscious. He has more power than Xaiver but he did not defeat him, pulling his form from the astral plane was actually a gift for onslaught, but the battle never ended Xaiver left because Nate was just destroying things lashing out with his powers like a dick. All of the summers/grey children have innate time skipping power. How do know she wouldn't take out Holocaust? when did they fight or even meet for that matter? Her mastery of her telepathic power will be the down fall of her children, she is simply more skilled at using her power. Nate burns to bright to fast and either suffers from nose bleeds, exhaustion or both.
The point is you can't go into a battle with an omega level who is better skilled and think your gonna win because you like to show off. Rachel has been able to open extra dimensional portals as well, can you say widget. Oh yeah and I'm tired of this shit about armor yeah it was cool but it's just his tk shield made to fit tight and one of the guardians of the M'kraan crystal shattered his force field like it was snow globe, while when Maddie was lashing out in rage when Jean tried to kill her, we all know she was channeling all that power from nate and who was the one to erect a tk bubble to protect nate and jean from the fallout, jean was. She easily used cables power after she showed him that cave that she found a while back, they were walking and their clothes began to change in mid change she said that she was using his tk to rearrange their uniforms, she also used her telepathic power to increase the mutant powers of others to once again using his tk to change is cybernetic arm into flesh and to help him created a more powerful force field so that Key could program those body jumping aliens to be cockroaches from now on.

llagrok
1. Almost all of those feats was done when she had the phoenix. Thus, they are not valid in this fight.

2. Jean was using cerebra when she split up charles. It also pretty much cost him half of his memories, good job jean. Cerebra amplifies her abilities many times.

3. Nate burns out? nonsense. Him burning bright and faster, always referred to his life expectancy. Unless they plan on fighting for 27 years, it won't be a problem.

4. Dark Phoenix? You're an idiot. No phoenix.

5. One of the guardians of the M'krann crystal? Do you mean Jaf? Thanos couldn't break the armor Nate made.

6. " He has more power than Xaiver but he did not defeat him, pulling his form from the astral plane was actually a gift for onslaught, but the battle never ended Xaiver left because Nate was just destroying things lashing out with his powers like a dick." Xavier knew he was facing a superior opponent and played dead. Yes he played dead. The superior combatant doesn't play dead.

7. Jean's showings of being an Omega class mutant? I'm rather iffy about those. We haven't seen any proper feats without the Phoenix, not on level with Nate's showings.

Rest of your rant doesn't make sense at all. Split it up into paragraphs like normal people do. You're nothing but a rabid Jean fanboy, who purposely ignores facts and rules.

No Phoenix, jean is on her own. The same person who's defeat, no one? If Jean is so powerful without the phoenix, she wouldn't be constantly relying on it to do stuff. She would've stopped Apocalypse before he was severely weakened, she wouldn't have been raped by Stryfe. Jean surely wouldn't have lost to Xorn/Sublime. She even had the Phoenix in that fight.

Nate can kill her using his telepathy, how? I'll make it simple for you.

Nate >> Xavier >> Jean

Or how about this.

Nate makes earth go bye bye, then leaves for 617.

LordKaos
Why are you arguing power levels when I'm talking about skill level, it's just like the last time when I was talking about the strength of dark Phoenix and you kept going on and on about the destruction and impact of CN. Jean had not fully linked with her Phoenix power until after she came out of the sun, she naturally progressed to phoenix level feats when her secondary mutation of tk sensitivity kicked in, nate was to burn out at 21, where did you get 27 from? I mentioned DP because you said they had never encountered a teke like him before yet his power levels were only ever compared to the Phoenix. Xavier stated that he left the battle with Xman because of the random destruction he was causing in a area where there were people. Jean doesn't constantly rely on the Phoenix, because her character was struggling to only be Jean Grey not marvel girl, not phoenix, that's why she went for so long without a codename. Xavier has always said Jean would surpass him, and before she died on asteroid M she had done so, by saving his battered mind. She wasn't fighting Xorn, and she had already stated to wolverine that she didn't know how long the Phoenix would let her stay. She had shit to burn away 150 years into the future, if she didn't i doubt a planetary stroke (whatever the hell that is ) would have done squat considering she had just come out of the sun and used it's raw power to rebuild wolverine on a subatomic level, meaning she must have somehow preserved his mind, and then made a new body for him, but that's Phoenix stuff and not relevant. By the way you can always tell when Jean is Jean or when Jean in connected to the Phoenix consciousness by looking at the difference in her speech bubble.
"Nate burning brighter and faster always referred to his life expectancy " his life expectancy was directly tied to his power, every time he went ape shit he shortened his life expectancy because he was engineered to burn out at 21. The rest of my "rant" as you call it ,makes sense you just couldn't counter the fact that Jean has used Cables tk as if it were her own on two occasions. She needed cerbera because she had stretched her own mind beyond it's normal capacity so that she could contain his, while a very nasty virus was slowly killing her and the others thanks to CN. I hope you find this "rant" just as confusing to read as you found the other, the fact that you would attack my not using paragraphs is laughable and petty, what are you my English teacher? this is a forum where most people don't even bother to spell things out. Now I'm a fanboy and an idiot because Jeans telepathic skills are superior to the other three and because you constantly misunderstand anything I post ? Kiss my black ass!

llagrok
Kiss your black ass? No thanks.

You're unable to counter any of my arguments. You're spouting nonsense about Jean trying to be herself and not marvel girl, what a laugh. Rebuild Wolverine at a subatomic level? Please.

This thread wasn't about skill level. It was about who would win. Nate defeated an alternate and stronger version of Jean, he wins.

Earth go bye, Jean go die.

LordKaos
So on your planet, the only thing you need in a fight is raw untrained strength with skill counting for nothing, on Earth people who think like that usually get their asses kicked. I don't care what Jean he beat in another dimension/future whatever, this is about 616 Jean. He could hardly take Emmas assault on him, she projected pain directly into his mind and what did he do? just started blasting away, his power tore up everything except the person who was attacking him. further more to call me a jean fanboy makes me think the only part of my initial post read was jean. I mentioned how Rachels powers have grown considerably, and she seems to be approaching the power levels she had as Phoenix, I also mentioned that little psi-feedback issue he has with cable, which Jean or Rachel could exploit in a battle between the four. All you saw was Jean. This is a fight jackass it's all about skill balanced with strength if it's going to be a good fight (you seem to not understand that, leading me to believe that either you have never gotten into a fight or you just don't know how to fight). Nate has power and very little skill he just reacts, Jean has skill and power and we know that with no Phoenix to speak of she can hold Avalon suspended while the X-family fought Magneto and his Acolytes at Illyana's funeral.

llagrok
I mentioned how Rachels powers have grown considerably, and she seems to be approaching the power levels she had as Phoenix

Ahhahahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

LordKaos
Whatever, when she first got to 616 time-line she was a regular tk/tp mix until she unlocked the Phoenix within her, since her return she has rewritten her genetic structure, was the main component in creating a small blackhole, sense, gather and display psi impressions left in certain areas to show people past events. Generated a psionic illusion of her self so impressive that it even fooled O*N*E* sensors, and touched and blocked that dumb ass blade that according to Korvus could only be wielded by those of his bloodline, was able to see through Jamie's alteration of the real state of the Braddock manor, she is coming into her own quite nicely as a result of natural progression and the fact that she thinks more than she used to when she had the Phoenix, unlike nate who didn't start to develop beyond a whinny little puss with virtually limitless power, until his book was complete rubbish and near it's end. Whatever the case may be I've tired and my medication is starting to kick in.sleepy

llagrok
You are nothing more than a rabid fanboy.

ALEMASTER
xman and cable will take on each other cale winning
rachel vs jean jean takes only just
they each have a scrap at each over before cable vs jean at the end and .... ..... ... .... . . cable

llagrok
How does Cable defeat Nate?

psy_blade
This is a fight of both power level and skill.

LordKaos
You are nothing more than a rabid fanboy.

crybaby please make him stop calling me names.

llagrok
Let's just agree to disagree.

LordKaos
agreed

llagrok
agreed

smile

I just don't think that skill is enough to give Jean an edge against someone like Nate.

Take the big goon Rachel/x-men fought when they first met x-23. He was so strong that she couldn't hold him back with her TK or shield them properly. I imagine that would be the case with Nate Grey.

id369

LordKaos
I'm sorry I stop buying Xman after all that Maddie was queen jean nonsense, when i think of Nate I think of him how I knew him when he was just a powerhouse, and I was a kid and vulgar displays of power were cool. Did a little research on that shaman thing, i won't concede but I will take things into perspective.

id369
I'm sorry I stop buying Xman after all that Maddie was queen jean nonsense, when i think of Nate I think of him how I knew him when he was just a powerhouse, and I was a kid and vulgar displays of power were cool. Did a little research on that shaman thing, i won't concede but I will take things into perspective.

Oh I see.

Their seem to be some misunderstanding about Maddie and Queen Jean.

Maddie and Queen Jean are two completely different characters.

Maddie, is Nates creation (or resurrection pick your choice T__T).

Queen Jean is an alternate reality Jean, that went reality hopping to find hosts of Alternate Nates, to do her biting. Eventually she comes across X-Mans reality, and replaces Maddie (of panel).

LordKaos
yeah that was crap i was referring to mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.