Quiz Questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
Hello all, not been around in a while and here I am asking for your help! Okay, the place where I work hosts a film quizz every month and I have been asked to write a horror round for the next one.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Bear in mind, the place I work in is a classy establishment, so questions related to vacuous teen slashers and pointless sequels will likely be scoffed at by the quiz participants. I'm looking at a mixture of questions on modern and classic horror.

Thanks in advance. Z-Man.

Pandemoniac
Hope these are of some help (to boozed to think of really insightful tricky questions) but hey!

Romero had something else in mind at first when he wanted to make a movie. What genre was it and how come he made something totally different?

-He wanted to do a western, but didn't know anybody who could provide the horses and sets on the low budget. He did have a friend who worked at a butcher's and could get him some pig intestines and such. The rest is history.

Only 2 actors portrayed (varied) characters that got messed up by a terminator, an alien and a predator.

-Bill Paxton (the terminator, aliens, predator 2) and Lance Henriksen (the terminator, aliens, AvP)

Evil Dead
pedestrian questions......hmmm.....

1. Friday the 13th.....who was the killer? Pameal Voorhies......first question asked in Scream also.

2. Hellraiser......what is Pinhead's real name? Elliot Spencer

3. A Nightmare on Elm St.......Johnny Depp played which character? Glen Lantz.

4. The Shining takes place at the Overlook Hotel in which state? Colorado.

5. Halloween.......Michael Myer's mask is a mask modeled from the face of what famous actor? Bill Shatner

6. Which movie features legendary actors of the horror genre Angus Scrimm (Phantasm/Tall Man), Tony Todd (Candyman), Robert Englund (ANOES/ Fred Krueger) and Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th 7&8, Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X/ Jason Voorhies) in the same film? Wishmaster

7. Dr. Herbert West is the protagonist of which cult horror series? Re-Animator

8. Jaws is the highest grossing horror film of all time. What is the second highest? The Exorcist.

9. Sam Raimi's (Spider-Man series) first feature film was a horror movie. Name it. The Evil Dead

you could go on forever with which actor's played which horror icons....

those are the easiest, most pedestrian questions that I could think of that even the casual movie goer should be able to answer if they paid any attention to the movies they were watching.......

papabeard
"Only 2 actors portrayed (varied) characters that got messed up by a terminator, an alien and a predator.

-Bill Paxton (the terminator, aliens, predator 2) and Lance Henriksen (the terminator, aliens, AvP)"

"6. Which movie features legendary actors of the horror genre Angus Scrimm (Phantasm/Tall Man), Tony Todd (Candyman), Robert Englund (ANOES/ Fred Krueger) and Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th 7&8, Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X/ Jason Voorhies) in the same film? Wishmaster"

These are 2 excellent questions.

zombieman
Thanks guys. Definately going with the alien, predator, terminator question and at least five or six of Evil Dead's. I need to come up with a few based on old skool horror now, the hammer era etc. I'll have a poke around the IMDB for some trivia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.