A proposal towards peace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
It's the 21st century, and i'm tired of all the bullshit.

As a jew, i have to deal with proscelitism, especially from christians constantly and i think it's irritating, offensive, and just plain a waste of time. My faith doesn't proscelitize or spend so much time and resources bothering other people into changing their faith. I don't mind faiths having a open door policey or a testing policy or what standard they have for people who WISH to convert but for the sake of people who don't and just find missionary's and door to door assholes annoying, not to mention the questionable things missionaries do overseas, I think all liberal democracies should ban proscelitism and missionary work and disavow all support for it, regardless of faith.

inimalist
clear violation of people's individual freedoms

we might just as well say you don't have the right to promote the belief you are in this thread, or that I am not allowed to criticize it

Burnt Pancakes
Exactly.

We have the right to go door to door just as you have the same right to say "hell no" and slam it in our faces.

EDIT: And I don't see what being a Jew has to do anything (If you're referring to race.) Half of my Congregation and it's elders are Jewish. And also, the message in your post has nothing to do with peace.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
We have the right to go door to door just as you have the same right to say "hell no" and slam it in our faces. This is the truth that everyone seems to forget.

On this thread: I personally find evangelists coming to my door annoying. They ask, "have you heard the good news of Jesus?" and I say, "yes, I've accepted him as my personal savior". After this they continue preaching at me and I think this is completely stupid on the basis that I already know everything they are saying. Why don't they say "Woot! Have a nice day" and then go to the next house?

Anyways, banning missionary work is a bad idea. Missionary work is one of the main contributors to humanitarian aid.

Rogue Jedi
are we talking world peace?

Boris
I think all religions should be banned.

Rogue Jedi
then what would we worship?

Boris
Eh... nothing? You really don't need to worship anything, it's just a waste of your time.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by Boris
Eh... nothing? You really don't need to worship anything, it's just a waste of your time.

laughing

FeceMan
Proselytism. It's spelled like that.

Council#13
So is there a solution to world peace in this thread, or will the subject that the title advertised continue to be nonexistent?

Bardock42
Yes, I agree....................with Council....hehehehe

Stupid proposition.

Darth Jello
i just think that treating faith like a ****ing clearance sale at wal-mart that everything has to get in on to the point where people bother you constantly and monkey with the law is disrespectful and isn't that far removed from ethnic extermination and i'm especially targeting southern baptists who target specific groups for conversion and those posers who call themselves "messianic jews". basically i live in a place thats gone to hell within a 300 mile radius in the last 10 years or so and it's gotten to the point where certain "church groups" have actually resorted to violence against those they consider to be non-christians, not to mention the stuff at the airforce academy. basically people like Jesusisalive only armed with either money, influence, or baseball bats and chains.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Darth Jello
i just think that treating faith like a ****ing clearance sale at wal-mart that everything has to get in on to the point where people bother you constantly and monkey with the law is disrespectful and isn't that far removed from ethnic extermination and i'm especially targeting southern baptists who target specific groups for conversion and those posers who call themselves "messianic jews". basically i live in a place thats gone to hell within a 300 mile radius in the last 10 years or so and it's gotten to the point where certain "church groups" have actually resorted to violence against those they consider to be non-christians, not to mention the stuff at the airforce academy. basically people like Jesusisalive only armed with either money, influence, or baseball bats and chains. I have a feeling you are exaggerating, but if you are not, then I would have to say that that is fairly messed up.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Jello
i just think that treating faith like a ****ing clearance sale at wal-mart that everything has to get in on to the point where people bother you constantly and monkey with the law is disrespectful and isn't that far removed from ethnic extermination and i'm especially targeting southern baptists who target specific groups for conversion and those posers who call themselves "messianic jews". basically i live in a place thats gone to hell within a 300 mile radius in the last 10 years or so and it's gotten to the point where certain "church groups" have actually resorted to violence against those they consider to be non-christians, not to mention the stuff at the airforce academy. basically people like Jesusisalive only armed with either money, influence, or baseball bats and chains.

Violence is illegal.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Bardock42
Violence is illegal. laughing out loud That's a profound answer I guess.

Rogue Jedi
as is alot of things that are fun as hell. ever kick a midget down a flight of stairs?

debbiejo
I think of the many religions it's the Jews that usually get the raw deal. Well they're Christ Killers right?

As far as proselytizing, must everyone put "No soliciting" signs on their door? We shouldn't have to should we? *Thinks booby traps*

I agree with John Lennons song.

Burnt Pancakes
We're all ordinary people?

debbiejo
Look a little deeper....And Imagine.

flashpink

Oooo I feel better already...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.