Cassandra Nova vs. Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Cassandra Nova

vs.

Martian Manhunter

who wins this??

guy222
Originally posted by Madvillain
Cassandra Nova

vs.

Martian Manhunter

who wins this??

cn

Madvillain
bump

llagrok
Cassandra Nova tore through the Shi'ar imperial guards without breaking a sweat.

CN.

Superherovandal
MM went through the JLA. MM.

llagrok
Originally posted by Superherovandal
MM went through the JLA. MM.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by llagrok
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH?

Estacado
Cassandra Nova tore through the Shi'ar imperial guards without breaking a sweat.

CN.
Vulcan has killed about 80 percent of them of the Shi'ar imperial guard.

llagrok
Originally posted by Estacado
Vulcan has killed about 80 percent of them of the Shi'ar imperial guard.

He wasn't able to beat Gladiator. CN made him wet himself.

Madvillain
that she did.

Superherovandal
what can she possibly do to him. He's high enough telepathy wise that she wouldn't even have an effect on him.

Madvillain
well she could match Xavier on cerebra, at close range.

Superherovandal
So...MM has easily scanned the world before while being infected by Fernus who was trying to hinder him.

llagrok
Originally posted by Madvillain
well she could match Xavier on cerebra, at close range.

Not just match him, but actually take over his mind. Well she was going to, but he pulled out a gun. You also need to keep her insane healing abilities in mind, healing a broken neck in mere seconds.

Superherovandal
So...MM reconstituted himself from a hand...

Madvillain
So...MM has easily scanned the world before while being infected by Fernus who was trying to hinder him.

She killed 16 million mutants and most of the Shi'ar empire.

Superherovandal
Yeah...16 million with sentinels. MM nearly caused the world to go into nuclear holocaust when he was Fernus. He was easily manipulating thousands of people to kill JLA relatives. MM held b the Hindu god of creation in slumber against the will of every Hindu on Earth, penetrated the Spectre's consciousness, the overmind of Angels in heaven,etc.

llagrok
Yeah...16 million with sentinels. MM nearly caused the world to go into nuclear holocaust when he was Fernus. He was easily manipulating thousands of people to kill JLA relatives. MM held b the Hindu god of creation in slumber against the will of every Hindu on Earth, penetrated the Spectre's consciousness, the overmind of Angels in heaven,etc.

Shi'ar mind shields stopped Jean, yet CN didn't have any problems getting past them. CN is far above Xavier's level and I assume she's stronger than Jonn as well.

Madvillain
Could she pull him into the astral plane and just finish him off there, or possess his body like she did to Charles?

Soljer
Shi'ar mind shields stopped Jean, yet CN didn't have any problems getting past them. CN is far above Xavier's level and I assume she's stronger than Jonn as well.

That's a pretty hefty assumption...

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
That's a pretty hefty assumption...

J'onn's not THAT much stronger than Xavier.

Superherovandal
did you just see the feats i just listed. He does that all without any help from a machine. He quite a bit stronger than Xavier.

Starhawk
CN annihilates him telepathically, she is stronger then Xavier has ever been.

Superherovandal
CN won't do anything to MM.

Soljer
J'onn's not THAT much stronger than Xavier.

Yeah....

He kinda is.

Starhawk
CN won't do anything to MM.

Shred his mind?

llagrok
Yeah....

He kinda is.

No, no he's not.

Superherovandal
Nope...MM is far too powerful for crap like that.

Superherovandal
No, no he's not.
Yeah he is.

llagrok
Yeah he is.

Try to guess what I'm going to say now.

Madvillain
oh no he didnt?

Superherovandal
He's shown to do stuff Xavier does with Cerebra on a regular basis.

Starhawk
Nope...MM is far too powerful for crap like that.

No he isn't he entered Black Adams mind and it was too much for him. Shadow King has feats similar to MM's TP ones and Nova is more powerful then the Shadow King.

Soljer
'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

no expression. It's been done, the general consensus is that Jonn is like Xavier on crack with the mind gem. stick out tongue.

Superherovandal
That was plot induced stupity. He's penetrated Spectre's mind no problem. Who do you think has a more powerful mind? BA or Spectre?

Starhawk
That was plot induced stupity. He's penetrated Spectre's mind no problem. Who do you think has a more powerful mind? BA or Spectre?

It wasn't the power of BA's mind that messed him up it was the rage, MM has a problem handling intense emotions. CN's mind would be too much for him to take.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Starhawk
It wasn't the power of BA's mind that messed him up it was the rage, MM has a problem handling intense emotions. CN's mind would be too much for him to take.

even a demented Zatanna's mind was too much for him to take.

Superherovandal
and that's also bull. He can handle the resistance of every hindu's reverence on the planet for their god's but he can't handle BA.

Superherovandal
He could handle the Overmind of Heaven. However from time to time he jobs like many heroes.

Madvillain
and that's also bull. He can handle the resistance of every hindu's reverence on the planet for their god's but he can't handle BA.

yeah thats right.

llagrok

There's a difference between getting past resistance and handling the mind of someone who enjoys watching people rape their loved ones.

Evil_Ash
'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

'Yeah huh!'

'Nuh uh!'

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/ajr.gif

Superherovandal
no the fact is DC has many times made MM into a jobber. But he's shown to handle the best out there. If he can touch the mind of everyone on the planet (theres gotta be millions of people with thought just as bad if not worse than BA) he should have no problem with BA. however MM is know notoriously for getting the short end of the stick especially during crossovers.

Superherovandal
There's a difference between getting past resistance and handling the mind of someone who enjoys watching people rape their loved ones.
He easily enough pierced Joker's mind. and BA is sadistic but certainly he is not that evil. You obviously have no knowledge of him.

Starhawk
He easily enough pierced Joker's mind. and BA is sadistic but certainly he is not that evil. You obviously have no knowledge of him.

He only entered the small part of Jokers mind that was normal, he didn't have to face the Joker's insanity full on.

Superherovandal
No he went into Joker's mind. and at what point did he say he was only facing a small part of Joker's mind. and all things considered i'd rather face BA's mind than enter Joker's mind anyday. Joker is 100X more evil.

Starhawk
No he went into Joker's mind. and at what point did he say he was only facing a small part of Joker's mind. and all things considered i'd rather face BA's mind than enter Joker's mind anyday. Joker is 100X more evil.

Because the Justice League was with him and they only saw the normal side of Joker's mind.

Superherovandal
First he faced the insanity then the normal part. Thats how it went.

Starhawk
No the other part was hell. This is the issue with HJ Spectre correct?

Superherovandal
No that was part of Joker's mind. That was showing that in the insanity and demons of Joker's mind there was a ray of purity.

Starhawk
I have the issue right in front of me, do you have a scanner?

Superherovandal
No...but i remember the issue well. Why the heck would he go to hell when they were in the astral plane?

Starhawk
It was part of the whole Day of Judgement wrap up.

Superherovandal
i know but that was Joker's mind. Batman asks MM why he exposed them to Joker's mind. Spectre wonders why they're taken to THIS hell. He has no idea where they are. Not the hell. This shows its not Hell.

Starhawk
It is a level of hell and the reason he's not familiar with it was because he was new to being the spectre.

llagrok

Black Adam doesn't exactly fall under the sadistic category. He's just very extreme, but completely different from Cassandra Nova. She wanted to make every mutant kill each-other in the most horrible way possible, the things in her mind isn't comparable to the things one would see inside the Joker's or Black Adam's head.

Besides that, I think that J'onn might be too strong for CN to handle. Since neither will be able to defeat the other by using telepathy, I assume J'onn's wide array of powers and abilities will be too much.

Though, Gladiator wasn't even able to scratch CN and the telepathic resistance he sported then was amazing.

Superherovandal
Yeah but he's no MM. I never said MM would dominate CN telepathically. I said that he'd be far too strong for her to do anything to him and then he'd just kill her.

llagrok
Yeah but he's no MM. I never said MM would dominate CN telepathically. I said that he'd be far too strong for her to do anything to him and then he'd just kill her.

You're completely overestimating his telepathy. CN was far stronger than Xavier when he was using cerebra.

Soljer
You're completely overestimating his telepathy. CN was far stronger than Xavier when he was using cerebra.

As is the Manhunter.

Superherovandal
So...I think your overestimating her telepathy if you think she'll beat MM with it.

Starhawk
Shadow King has feats similar to MM's TP ones and Nova is more powerful then the Shadow King.

llagrok
So...I think your overestimating her telepathy if you think she'll beat MM with it.

I think you need to read my posts.

I wasn't saying that at all, I was saying that there is no way that J'onn is 100 times more powerful than Xavier.

Superherovandal
I never said a specific number. I just said he is. Xavier would need Cerebra to even accomplish some of the feats MM has.

Superherovandal
I never said a specific number. I just said he is. Xavier would need Cerebra to even accomplish some of the feats MM has.

Superherovandal
sorry blip in computer.

llagrok
I never said a specific number. I just said he is. Xavier would need Cerebra to even hope to accomplish some of the feats MM has.

You've found the quote button, congratulations.

We haven't seen Xavier fully exhausting himself while using Cerebra, we don't know what he is capable of doing with that machine. We just know that he could kill every single person in the world, easily.

Superherovandal
I'm sorry my computer messed okay i just said that.

Starhawk
Shadow King has feats similar to MM's TP ones and Nova is more powerful then the Shadow King.

^
|
Guys? I think that proves it.

Superherovandal
When has she shown to be better than the Shadow King in the first place? That proves nothing.

llagrok
^
|
Guys? I think that proves it.

It should.

Also, If Xavier can do whatever he wants to anyone when using Cerebra, how can J'onn be more powerful than that? Why wouldn't J'onn use his telepathy more? If he's so very capable, then why didn't he save all those millions during 52 with some fancy telepathic shizzle?

Starhawk
When has she shown to be better than the Shadow King in the first place? That proves nothing.

Okay let me explain,

C Nova is stronger then Xavier
Xavier is stronger then Shadow King
Shadow King is equal to MM.

Superherovandal
For the sake of the story...Using that logic why didn't Xavier save a whole bunch of people during his lifetime.

Superherovandal
Since when is Shadow King equal to MM. and since when has Xavier shown any sign that he's stronger than MM. That's your opinion pure and simple. Don't use that crap logic.

Superherovandal
gotta jet.see y'all later.

Starhawk
Since when is Shadow King equal to MM. and since when has Xavier shown any sign that he's stronger than MM. That's your opinion pure and simple. Don't use that crap logic.

It's not crap just because you say it is. Shadow King once controlled 99% of the minds on Earth at once. That is a feat on par with anything MM has done telepathicaly. Xavier is a stronger TP then Shadow King and C Nova is stronger then Xavier. Thats not hard to follow.

UniOmni

The only reason why Xavier can't scan the entire earth at once, is because Magneto basically handicapped him years ago.

He messed with the poles, and it's like a limiter on his range, due to the way Xaviers telepathy works.

Hence him needing Cerebro to simulate the earths untouched shape.

It's like saying that J'onn is faster than Xavier because he can reach the finishline faster, but not mentioning that Xavier has a ten pound brace on each ankle.

Before he was handicapped, he was scanning beyond Earth, and talking to Lilandra iirc.

J'onn isn't>Xavier by any means.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UniOmni
The only reason why Xavier can't scan the entire earth at once, is because Magneto basically handicapped him years ago.

He messed with the poles, and it's like a limiter on his range, due to the way Xaviers telepathy works.

It's like saying that J'onn is faster than Xavier because he can reach the finishline faster, but not mentioning that Xavier has a ten pound brace on each ankle.

Before he was handicapped, he was scanning beyond Earth, and talking to Lilandra iirc.

Have you ever wondered how many Xmen writers actually take that into consideration?

UniOmni
I haven't wondered.

But it hasn't been rectified in a canon comic yet, so i'll continue to believe it stands.

Symmetric Chaos
I haven't wondered.

But it hasn't been rectified in a canon comic yet, so i'll continue to believe it stands.

I realize that but still . . . ermm

llagrok

Wow, I honestly didn't know that. This has to be the first time in quite a while someone has told me anything about Xavier that I didn't know.

Anyways, CN has to be around 11 times stronger than Xavier, since she was stronger than him when he was using Cerebra.

ExodusCloak

This it?

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/6495/classicxmen1911tg4.jpg

Madvillain
yeah and im pretty sure he was contacting lilandra from space in the phoenix arc.

UniOmni
Won't matter.

People are convince J'onn is superior to Xavier, even tho there's a reason he can't long range scan like he used to.

The scan'll be forgotten, and it'll be J'onn>>Xavier all over again.

llagrok
Won't matter.

People are convince J'onn is superior to Xavier, even tho there's a reason he can't long range scan like he used to.

The scan'll be forgotten, and it'll be J'onn>>Xavier all over again.

However, even if J'onn was stronger than Xavier, he wouldn't be stronger than CN. Cassandra Nova was just insane.

LORDSIDIOUS01
John Jonzz loses

SwindlingSmurph
Cassandra

id369
Two high end telepaths taking each other on. I favor the Alien for its assortment of extra abilities, to back up telepathy.

supremthor
Originally posted by id369
Two high end telepaths taking each other on. I favor the Alien for its assortment of extra abilities, to back up telepathy.

you made the most sense whole thread.... clapping clapping clapping clapping

SwindlingSmurph
Cassandra also has a ton of extra abilities. Not as many, but not that far.

Martian_mind
The OP never said this was a Telepathic fight to begin with..

So considering who the better telepath is is up for question,then This fight goes to Jonn.Considering they can use everything they have.

Terryc250
if CN is a stronger telepath then Xavier then why is it stated so many times that Xavier is the strongest telepath on earth?

Bentley
Whats stopping MM from speedblitzing ugly butt?

KK the Great
He can handle the resistance of every hindu's reverence blah blah blah

You read way too much into that one throwaway panel.

Madvillain
Cassandra for the win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.