Heroes versus Villains: Role Reversal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
1. Which superhero would make the most compelling villain?

2. Which supervillain would make the most compelling hero?

Bentley
Batman would be a compelling villain, he would be practically a Doom clone and thats a top notch villain.

Sandman, the enemy of Spider-man is easy to relate with and not cliche-y as in the basic antihero/villain turned good formula.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Bentley
Batman would be a compelling villain, he would be practically a Doom clone and thats a top notch villain.

Sandman, the enemy of Spider-man is easy to relate with and not cliche-y as in the basic antihero/villain turned good formula.

Batman would be a pretty scary villain...he'd be pretty competent and have a backup for every situation.

I don't like Sandman as a hero much though.

Bentley
Well, he would not be mainstream at all, but I was not aiming for mainstream. It would be a little Luke Cagish as a hero. To be honest the villains are harder to figure out because in DC they are unidimensional and in Marvel most of then have done heroics at some point.

masterbruce
To be honest the villains are harder to figure out because in DC they are unidimensional and in Marvel most of then have done heroics at some point.

good point, I agree.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
1. Which superhero would make the most compelling villain?

2. Which supervillain would make the most compelling hero?

Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker

SpunkySmurph
To be honest the villains are harder to figure out because in DC they are unidimensional *coughjokercough*

Bentley
Now seriously, you can see Joker as a hero?

Symmetric Chaos

Rorschac?

masterbruce

actually that would be interesting to have Joker as a hero...he would drive the villains insane

SpunkySmurph
Now seriously, you can see Joker as a hero? Just pointing out villains that aren't unidimensional.

Oh and yes, yes I can.

Bentley
Well, not exactly but along the lines. I still wonder how heroic you can make him look though.

Batman villains are by the book examples of psychological illness. The Joker is well written so I guess there may be some inner struggle that makes him more than unidimensional, but otherwise you can say that his sole dimension would be to be insane.

SpunkySmurph
Just have his insanity fluctuate.

Bentley
Answered in my last post's edition.

SpunkySmurph

Batman villains are by the book examples of psychological illness. The Joker is well written so I guess there may be some inner struggle that makes him more than unidimensional, but otherwise you can say that his sole dimension would be to be insane. And, to this, I hand you "The Killing Joke".

Bentley
Thats what I meant by well written, I was precisely thinking about the killing joke at the time. There are not many villains that have as much dept as he does though.

spidey-dude
catwoman a hero
hulk a villain

Bouboumaster
Silver Surfer or Iron Man

Catwoman or Magneto

SevenShackles
Villian to hero = TaskMaster & Arcade

Hero to Villian = NightWing & Hellboy

thought bout lex, but if he was a hero he would just be a ironman rip.

and didnt sandman join the avengers for a shortwhile or something like that?

llagrok
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Villian to hero = TaskMaster & Arcade

Hero to Villian = NightWing & Hellboy

thought bout lex, but if he was a hero he would just be a ironman rip.

and didnt sandman join the avengers for a shortwhile or something like that?

TaskMaster isn't exactly a villain. He has feelings and everything sad

SevenShackles
Originally posted by llagrok
TaskMaster isn't exactly a villain. He has feelings and everything sad

hummm true true, then maybe just put him in a lighter shade of gray? lol something like Deadpool, just not him.

Estacado
The General would be a good hero.

grey fox
I still say Electro and Wrecker.

Sandman is interesting because , let's be honest, he IS what any average joe with Superpowers would be like.

yugotank
Daredevil would make a great street level villian. He could take out a few heroes after dark.

Wasp would be a great master thief.

Vision would make a great villian as well.

teh_perfection
Joker would be more like Punisher, killing and everything, only goes after criminals etc.

Like Venom, he would be what Venom is when he was a hero.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman would be a SCARY villian. Never Holding back. OMG. He'd Be Black Adam with more feats. Dr. Strange would also be scary as a villian. I great hero would be Magneto. I also like The Hyper clan as a team of heroes.

quanchi112
silver surfer could raise some hell as a villain. imagine surfer going all out. he beats people into submission holding back. imagine if he killed all the time. there would be lots of dead heroes.

SpunkySmurph
Batman would be a pretty compelling villain.

Basco15
I would like to see Onslaught as a hero.

Also, I think Dr.Strange would make a good villain.

redhotrash
I always like when Dr. Doom is forced into a heroic role. His reasoning is perfect: ("They cant destroy this planet, I own this planet"wink. I wouldnt mind seeing Doom using his full powers to stop a insane Thor.

grey fox
Originally posted by redhotrash
I always like when Dr. Doom is forced into a heroic role. His reasoning is perfect: ("They cant destroy this planet, I own this planet"wink. I wouldnt mind seeing Doom using his full powers to stop a insane Thor.

That , I like.

"A god ? Bah , Doom has conquered the mighty Galactus himself , no mrere god can stand in Dooms way ! "

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.