Did Nihilus Force Drain Traya?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
The scene in question can be viewed here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwqyirm3S8

For those who do not have time to download it thanks to the evil of dial-up (which I only recently got right of), let me describe the scene.

Kreia/Darth Traya is standing with her lightsaber drawn and facing Darth Sion. Behind her, Nihilus approaches. We see Keia lifted into the air and hurled into a walll.

Does this sound like a Force Drain to anyone so far?

Moving on.

Kreia's dialogue at this point is
"There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense."

We then see Kreia reach ut with TK and attempt to draw her lightsaber to her. It moves somewhat but she is too weak to draw it to her.

Now let's actually examine clear showings of Nihilus using a Force Drain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV8iniopJ3U

At 1:07, we see Nihilus attempt to drain the Exile. The attack manifests itself as orange lightning.

Added but not canon confirmation of this can be found in the cut content between Nihilus and Sion.

Now we go to the comic Unseen, Unheard where Nihilus drains all of the planet Katarr.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=172&page=191

Now what Kreia later specifically says happened to her:
"And there would be those, like me, who have had the Force stripped from them."

This poses somewhat of a contradiction to what we saw... If he stripped her of The Force, she couldn't move her lightsaber at all. Of course, we can pose in our own theories. Perhaps after he lifted her up and threw her into the wall and while she was trying to move her lightsaber, he stripped her of The Force.

This is not proveable but neither is that Nihilus used a Force Drain on her.

In conclusion:

-What we see in the scene does not depict any version of Force Drain from Nihilus.

-Kreia states she was stripped of The Force but we see her lightsaber move some.

-The bit about there being no defense against certan techniques is more ambiguous than Michael Jackin's current sex and/or gender.

I want a reasonable discussion of this. What is your thoughts and opinion on the evidence provided. Did he drain her?

Tangible God
I don't think it was drain necessarily, just a technique which blinded her to the Force, for a while. Knowing Nihilus, if he wanted to drain her, I think he would've out and out killed her.

Darth Sexy
Again, it couldn't have been a technique to strip her from the force for a # of reasons.

1. She could still move the lightsaber which would make the technique a drain.
2. She was "stripped of her power" during this scenes, which points to a force drain.
3. She says there is no defense for certain techniques in the force. At that time, there was no real defense for a Nihilus' drain, while there was indeed a defense for the "wall of light", or whatever severes your connection from the force.

Utrigita
agreed with darth Sexy, I don't believe that Nihilus force drained her but rather did what the movies shows pushed her VERY VERY hard into a wall while doing something to her of some kind but force drain no then she should have died I mean that is basically what happens to all others that he drains from unless the one is a hole in the force.

Allankles
Then it's not darth sexy you're agreeing with.^

Geistalt
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't think it was drain necessarily, just a technique which blinded her to the Force, for a while. Knowing Nihilus, if he wanted to drain her, I think he would've out and out killed her. Really wish I'd read this.

Freedon Nadd
Drained also has another synonym named deprive. Deprive=remove.
There is a source that says Nihilus and Sion drained her powers. But drain can obviously be a reference to remove/sever not absorption. As far as I am aware: You cannot drain Force powers. Nihilus and Sion must have used a dark variant of Sever Force on her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.