Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obsession Asajj

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
This is TPM Qui-Gon vs. Obsession Asajj. Who wins? I say Asajj, but it's close - she's younger, quicker, more in shape than Qui-Gon. But Qui-Gon was quite skilled with a blade, even at the time of TPM, and he'll probably give her a good fight.

Darth_Glentract
This goes to Asajj. The girls a beast with the saber. Qui-gon has more knowledge than her and is definately wiser, but doesn't have the vitality or natural skill to outmatch her.

darthsith19
How close do you think that it would be?

vader11
Asajj.

Darth_Glentract
Pretty even for the most part with Asajj only gaining an advantage after several minutes of fighting.

kiddo44
I think the girl takes it, but he could give her somewhat of a fight, shes just too young, too quick for him, like Maul was. Now Asajj and Maul that would be a close saber fight.

darthsith19
Maul > Asajj, it has been done many times and almost everybody says Maul would win.

vader11
Originally posted by darthsith19
Maul > Asajj, it has been done many times and almost everybody says Maul would win. Yeah, & Dooku > Maul stick out tongue

Darth Subjekt
indeed

((The_Anomaly))
Unfortunately Qui-Gon cant win this fight.

Council#13
As much as I hate to admit it, Asajj wins this fight. But, once again, could someone please explain to me and my feeble little brain: What was so spectacular about Obession Asajj?

Darth Subjekt
I still think people seriousy underestimate QGJ...oh well...

vader11
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I still think people seriousy underestimate QGJ...oh well... I think so, but Asajj takes this.

darthsith19
Originally posted by vader11
Yeah, & Dooku > Maul stick out tongue
And your point is... confused

She held her own against Obsession Kenobi, she was beating K'Kruhk, Sian Jeisel and Rhad 3 on 1, and, only 6 months before ROTS, she was bestng Anakin in a fight, until he used the dark Side, though not by much, she was the one who cut him on his face). She beat Kit Fisto, too, and killed J'ai Maruk. That's pretty impressive.

Count Makashi
J'ai Maruk wasn't all that powerful Jedi and Obsession Kenobi didn't want to kill her, hell he didn't want to fight her, he wanted to talk, he just parried her strikes, if he wanted to kill her, it would be a short duel and i think Obsession Asajj is being overpowered by some people, she isn't that impressive, ROTS Anakin would destroy her with zero difficulty.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Count Makashi
J'ai Maruk wasn't all that powerful Jedi and Obsession Kenobi didn't want to kill her, hell he didn't want to fight her, he wanted to talk, he just parried her strikes, if he wanted to kill her, it would be a short duel and i think Obsession Asajj is being overpowered by some people, she isn't that impressive, ROTS Anakin would destroy her with zero difficulty.
Maruk was powerful, dude, he beat those droids so much easier than Maks Leem did and still put up a good fight against Asajj. So what if Kenobi wasn't trying to kill her, she would have killed him if Anakin hadn't stopped her. Anakin would have a little trouble with her even in ROTS.

kiddo44

She held her own against Obsession Kenobi, she was beating K'Kruhk, Sian Jeisel and Rhad 3 on 1, and, only 6 months before ROTS, she was bestng Anakin in a fight, until he used the dark Side, though not by much, she was the one who cut him on his face). She beat Kit Fisto, too, and killed J'ai Maruk. That's pretty impressive. She was pretty badass in Obsession

i don't know it would be very close, yeah Anakin and Kenobi could beat her in Obsession, but they could both beat Maul as well, i think it would be a very close fight,Asajj/Maul, her force powers are as great as he is, and she is just as young and fast as he is.

jollyjim311
Maul has more natural talent, has more skill and training, and I would say he physically surpasses her in speed, strength, endurance, etc.

While their fight wouldn't be a curbstomp or anything, Maul just has her beat in pretty much every category by varying margins.

vader11
And your point is... confusedIt has also been done many times that almost everybody says Dooku > Maul stick out tongue

kiddo44
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Maul has more natural talent, has more skill and training, and I would say he physically surpasses her in speed, strength, endurance, etc.

While their fight wouldn't be a curbstomp or anything, Maul just has her beat in pretty much every category by varying margins. I would say she has more speed than him, and from Obsession and the CW, stronger force powers.

Apollo Cloud
Yeah, in DR, it says something like '"only once in a generation was one born with such speed and fury,"' implying that her natural speed was pretty incredible. I'd also say she's stronger in the force than Maul given the stuff she's pulled off (such as lifting Obi-Wan up with TK and holding him still in the air).

jollyjim311
Have you read Shadow Hunter? I'd give speed to Maul. They are close, though.

Maul is a dark Lord of the Sith. If Asajj has any edge over him in force powers, it can be negated, and isn't enough to win it. Asajj was owned by lightning, while Maul could just take it.

EDIT: Apollo, that was a beaten, poisoned Obi Wan who just got his skull stepped on and cracked. Try not to be so misleading.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
Yeah, in DR, it says something like '"only once in a generation was one born with such speed and fury,"' implying that her natural speed was pretty incredible. I'd also say she's stronger in the force than Maul given the stuff she's pulled off (such as lifting Obi-Wan up with TK and holding him still in the air).

Yeah Obi-Wan was beaten and injured and just been through a lot. Yeah Assaj doing that to someone who is badly hurt isn't impressive.

kamikz

Maul is a dark Lord of the Sith. If Asajj has any edge over him in force powers, it can be negated, and isn't enough to win it. Asajj was owned by lightning, while Maul could just take it.

EDIT: Apollo, that was a beaten, poisoned Obi Wan who just got his skull stepped on and cracked. Try not to be so misleading.

Except that lightning was from a Dathomir witch, which Maul claimed "knew nothing of the dark side", whilst the other was from Count Dooku, "one of the greatest jedi the order had produced, and an even greater sith".

jollyjim311
Originally posted by kamikz
Except that lightning was from a Dathomir witch, which Maul claimed "knew nothing of the dark side", whilst the other was from Count Dooku, "one of the greatest jedi the order had produced, and an even greater sith".

Knew nothing compared to him. And I would say that Mighella blasting with two hands and all her effort is more potent, or at least comparable to Dooku casually frying Asajj with one hand.

darthsith19
Maul was just talking shit to her, actin' all tough right before he kills her. Earlier, at the beginning of their fight, she asks him if he knows what she is, and he replies "A Nightsister. A witch of Dathmoir, skilled in the use of the Dark Side of the Force."
http://swtimeline.ru/?comics=11&page=082

Knew nothing compared to him. And I would say that Mighella blasting with two hands and all her effort is more potent, or at least comparable to Dooku casually frying Asajj with one hand.
Agreed, especially since Dooku didn't seem to be trying his hardest against Asajj.

kamikz

Maul never compared her to himself, at least not by his words, she probably overestimated her powers when saying "you are no match for force lightning", and he put her back in her place by replying "you know nothing of the dark side".

And Dooku used two hands on Assaj.....
And please prove a source where it says Dooku wasn't even putting effort in the lightning. And from what we know, a toying Dooku > Some random witch. Dooku took out jedi with a single burst of lightning multiple times, and all the time he didn't seem very bothered and used one hand. He used both on Assaj, and hadn't it stopped her she would've cut of his head.

Apollo Cloud

Many a times but I really don't recall what was so overly impressive about his speed. Some quotes and passages would be greatly appreciated.

JollyJim, Assaj was owned by lightning from Count Dooku, whereas Maul was taken down by lightning from a random Nightsister. Count Dooku >>>> random Nightsister. Try not to be so misleading.

Council#13

She held her own against Obsession Kenobi, she was beating K'Kruhk, Sian Jeisel and Rhad 3 on 1, and, only 6 months before ROTS, she was bestng Anakin in a fight, until he used the dark Side, though not by much, she was the one who cut him on his face). She beat Kit Fisto, too, and killed J'ai Maruk. That's pretty impressive.

Yup, I know about all of her other achievements that are, without a doubt, very impressive. But my question was what was so special about Obsession Asajj.

darthsith19
Maul never compared her to himself, at least not by his words, she probably overestimated her powers when saying "you are no match for force lightning", and he put her back in her place by replying "you know nothing of the dark side".

And Dooku used two hands on Assaj.....
And please prove a source where it says Dooku wasn't even putting effort in the lightning. And from what we know, a toying Dooku > Some random witch. Dooku took out jedi with a single burst of lightning multiple times, and all the time he didn't seem very bothered and used one hand. He used both on Assaj, and hadn't it stopped her she would've cut of his head.
Maul was just talking shit to her, actin' all tough right before he kills her. Earlier, at the beginning of their fight, she asks him if he knows what she is, and he replies "A Nightsister. A witch of Dathmoir, skilled in the use of the Dark Side of the Force."

Dooku was smiling, nearly even laughing when he zapped Dooku. Does that make it look like he's trying his hardest? Some random witch? More like a witch who's skilled in the Dark Side of the Force.

Oh, idk, by Obsession Asajj I pretty much just mean Asajj in her prime.

kamikz

Dooku was smiling, nearly even laughing when he zapped Dooku. Does that make it look like he's trying his hardest? Some random witch? More like a witch who's skilled in the Dark Side of the Force.

Oh, idk, by Obsession Asajj I pretty much just mean Asajj in her prime.

And my theory of what he was talking about applies just as well. Apparently she was not skilled enough to take him down. Also, he said that the witches of dathomir was skilled in the dark side, but he didn't think she was, so he might just have heard they were, but wasn't impressed when he met one.

Smiling? Point out when he was smiling plx, cause he wasn't from what I remember.
And yes, she is a random witch, compared to Dooku she is nothing. The fact that Dooku used two hands against her, and that he would actually have been cut down hadn't he gotten her to faint, I can assume just as much that he was putting effort in it.

Also, we don't know how long Assaj held out. From what we can assume, she was impressive to be able to stand her ground and take the pain, she could've stood like that for a long time, we never saw her get knocked out. Anakin and Sora got wtfpwnd in seconds against his lightning, we saw Assaj stand there for about 5 seconds and we did not see any more of it. That's longer than both of them.
Do I also need to remind you that this is the worst form of Assaj that we've seen?

And I'm not downplaying Maul's feat, I'm not sure Assaj would've been able to kill the Dathomir witch if her body was hit with lightning. But to compare her to Dooku isn't fair. All forms of lightning aren't the same.

jollyjim311
I'm just saying that the degree of power behind the two bursts is at least comprable, seeing as the Nightsister who was "skilled in the use of the dark side of the force" was going all out and Dooku was trying to keep Asajj alive.

Anyway, Maul had "far superior darkside knowledge" than Mighella. (UVG)

Apollo Cloud
Eh, the fact that he couldn't even block the lightning says more than the fact that he resisted it, in the sense that failing to block the lightning says quite a lot about his lack of precog, reflexes and general speed, all of which factor in on these battles to quite a high degree. Resisting lightning is great and all, but it's not that great a deal, given how it would only factor in if he was actually hit by a tangible blast of energy, in which case he would most likely be killed on the spot by a stronger force user, or in the very least extremely weakened to the point where the match is over anyway (unless by some extraordinary chance he is able to replicate what he did in the comics, which would only happen if his opponent was not only as weak as or not much stronger than the Nightsister, but also standing right next to him like the Nightsister was, and the chances of all of those variables being exactly like that are extremely slim). The point I'm making is that the feat is actually a strike against Maul, given how what it speaks for would only factor in in the event that he's already basically been beaten (in other words it's useless), whereas what it speaks against would factor in on all of these versus battles (where his speed, precog and reflexes would always been known as inadequate with blocking lightning from an average Nightsister).

kamikz
I'm just saying that the degree of power behind the two bursts is at least comprable, seeing as the Nightsister who was "skilled in the use of the dark side of the force" was going all out and Dooku was trying to keep Asajj alive.

Anyway, Maul had "far superior darkside knowledge" than Mighella. (UVG)

I don't see how he would've killed her with lightning, it's not that easy unless you're Sidious. Dooku used two hands, he used it for a very long time, and it was a point blank range. I think Assaj is impressive not to fly away like many other people has when faced Dooku's lightning.

And again, Maul says that the night sisters on Dathomir are "skilled in the dark side", yet he calls Mighella out on knowing "nothing of the dark side". One speaks to her kind, one speaks to her, I'm going to go on the one focused on her. It could be that he just spat out an insult like DS said, or it could be that the lightning wasn't actually strong at all.

Darth Subjekt
good point.

jollyjim311
The first is a general statement, the second is a comparison to himself.

Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
lack of precog, reflexes and general speed

Read up.

kamikz
Comparison? Well I don't know if it was or not, but shouldn't there have been a "compared to me" in "you know nothing of the dark side"?

darthsith19
Yeah, and...

She asked him if he knew who she was, and he responded "a witch of dathomir, skilled in the dark side of the force." the skilled part was referring to the question "who am I" NOT "what is a witch of dathomir". He was specifically telling her what she was. And you think that the head of Black Sun would hire a weak Withc of Dathmoir as his personal bodyguard?

I don't have a pic, watch chapter 6 over again. It;s only 3 minutes, just watch it.

But a Dooku not trying his hardest? It has to be pretty close. He would have gotten cut down if he'd done nothing, but all he had to do to stop her was get her with a little lightning. it doesn't require a large amount of Force Lightning to stop someone.

More proof that Doku wasn't going all-out, unless you're trying to say that Asajj at that point > Sora, which would make Sora, at best, slightly stronger than AOTC Anakin. Remember, Sora put up an okay fight against Mace Windu.

kamikz
Yeah, and...

She asked him if he knew who she was, and he responded "a witch of dathomir, skilled in the dark side of the force." the skilled part was referring to the question "who am I" NOT "what is a witch of dathomir". He was specifically telling her what she was. And you think that the head of Black Sun would hire a weak Withc of Dathmoir as his personal bodyguard?

I don't have a pic, watch chapter 6 over again. It;s only 3 minutes, just watch it.

But a Dooku not trying his hardest? It has to be pretty close. He would have gotten cut down if he'd done nothing, but all he had to do to stop her was get her with a little lightning. it doesn't require a large amount of Force Lightning to stop someone.

More proof that Doku wasn't going all-out, unless you're trying to say that Asajj at that point > Sora, which would make Sora, at best, slightly stronger than AOTC Anakin. Remember, Sora put up an okay fight against Mace Windu.

And nothing, just that your "she's skilled" is nothing but a feat war.

She was asking what she was as a race, which is a witch of dathomir. You cannot seriously say that Maul knew of her specifically before this? He just said she was a witch, and the witches were skilled in the dark side, not that he knew of her skills.

No, but maybe he didn't have a large variety to chose from (witches that is), and she was very skilled compared to all the others. (More so than any other thug in the black sun).

I didn't find the video on youtube, don't know what to search for. But it's not chapter 6 is it? Thought it was chapter 7, and I still don't remember him smiling. stick out tongue

Lol? Last time I checked, resisting lightning doesn't equal fighting skills, nor does it talk about force skills in all areas, just how much pain the body can take. Obviously, Assaj isn't better than Sora, but nothing aims towards that either.

Listen, this debate is futile since I still have no clue if Assaj could've done the same thing as Maul. I just don't see it fair to compare Assaj being knocked out by lightning, and Maul resisting it, when they are from completely different people, one who we undoubtedly know is alot stronger. It's like saying, "Anakin parried a force push, Sidious failed to do so, Anakin > Sidious", when Anakin only parried one from Assaj Ventress, while Sidious failed to do so against Yoda. (And was a bit unprepared to say the least) I know it's a weird comparison, but you get the picture.

A Dose Of Vraya
Assaj outlasts Qui-Gon Originally posted by kiddo44
I think the girl takes it, but he could give her somewhat of a fight, shes just too young, too quick for him, like Maul was. Now Asajj and Maul that would be a close saber fight. She really wasn't experienced enough in the darkside to beat Maul. She seemed new to it while Maul seemed to bathe in it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Qui-Gon is a skilled fighter, but here I think Asajj wins.

Bobafett34
maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.