Setup?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spidervlad
Right, so my computer wasn't recognizing my hard drive, so I tried to put the SATA to the mode of "SATA and PATA" and after that, when I load my computer the BIO page appears, and it just doesn't go any farther then that. Not even tot he page where it tells me to give it a booting device.

When I press the button to go into Setup in order to change it back to normal, it still comes up to the BIO page and won't load any further.

How do I get into the setup screen again?

LinixCobra
Make sure you reset what you did first. Once everything was back to the way it was before it wouldnt load and before you switched it then you have to go into the BOOT menu in the BIOS. In the BOOT menu make sure you HDD is set to load first. Sometimes your drive may be set to boot first but this time switch it to your HDD that way it will be detected first. I am 100% sure this will get you somewhere.

Spidervlad
I can't get it to the setup to change it back to normal to fix my mistake, thats the problem. First, the Premium proccesor screen goes up. I press
DEL to go to Setup, then it loads the setup on a screen where it shows my proccesor stats. After that, the screen goes to another page where it says something like

"MARVEL 2005 Inc"
And then thats it, it just doesn't go any further. It doesn't ask me to go to RAID setup or normal SETUP, at all and doesn't go any further. I'm using my laptop currently.

Spidervlad
Like I said, I just have to put what I did back to normal, but I can't get into the setup to change it back...

Spidervlad
It gets to the RAID setup place, but it doesn't load and the | thingy flashes at the end, and doesn't send me to the BIOS setup.

Seriously, I don't wanna try to reset my BIOS in hardware terms because I don't remember all of my settings on right now. Any way to do it any other way?

LinixCobra
To reset the BIOS you have to open up your PC and take out the bios battery then place it back in or remove the BIOS chip then place it back depending on how old your PC is.

NOTE: CMOS will have a battery and that if you remove that it will only reset the system settings this will also reset your BIOS. Also BIOS may have a reset jumper so switching it back and forth will reset it. These are hardware solutions not software too.

Spidervlad
Well I got to the Lithium battery, and it's set into the board really tight, and i'm not sure how to get it out. Theres a kind of round case going around it from which I can't get it out.

LinixCobra
Search the internet for a site that explains how to remove the CMOS battery... I found a few that are good. I know how you feel, you dont want to break the thing but do not worry.

Spidervlad
Well thanks, I fixed it after 2 hours of sweat. I had to get something very thin and then put it down on the side of the battery, and after that I had to keep on trying to pinch it out. Well thanks, I put the settings back to normal and everything seems good. It also looks like my hard drive problem was because my IPOD was connected to the computer when I boot it, I guess for some reason it thinks the Ipod is the main hardrive.

LinixCobra
Ya that happened to me too but all you have to do was disconnect it. At least the problem is fixed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.