PotC II: Medallion question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

persh
****Possible spoilers ahead****

I tried to search and see if this was posted before but I could not find anything relevant.

When the crew visits Dalma for the first time, Jack is seen taking a ring from the table and you can see a medallion there (see attached pic). In the scene where Davy Jones is playing piano with anger, you can see in the center of the piano a medallion that looks the same as the one Dalma had.

Are the two people somehow related?

persh
The medallion as seen on Davy Jones piano.

pirate179
i dont know what every one said it was for sure but i do believe they are the lovers and tia broke davy's heart! by the way welcome!!! big grin

willofthewisp
Hi! I can tell you have a good eye. We've come to the conclusion on the forum that Tia Dalma is the woman in the Davy Jones story. We'll see what AWE tells us.

Minie Mina
In DMC, listen to the story of Davy Jones. In AWE, we will have more details.

persh
Ok thanks for your answers...can't wait for the third part. smile

pirate179
i know me too!!big grin

AudioHeart
Woo Hoo!

willofthewisp
Isn't the face on the lockets creepy?

JacksSweet

Ericadawn
If you look, the lockets match the chest that contains Jones' heart and the chest is decorated with both crabs and tentacles.

willofthewisp
What looks really weird on the chest is that crab also looks like a heart in a way.

AudioHeart
That's so interesting, maybe it's some sort of clue for AWE that TNT left us

PirateDiva
^^ well there was a symbols thread...and in that thread we came up some real good theroies well mainly MISTYPIRATE and MINNIE MINA and others contributed....but it was really interesting what crabs represnt!!! We talked about crabs because they seem to be pretty prominent in the movie...the crab on the chest, the crab legs she throws on the table...and some other stuff....it was a great thread im sad it died!!

Minie Mina
Right! Crabs had a unique symbol wink.

willofthewisp
or an indication of something else "special" about Tia.

calypso
She's a crab? Was a crab? Or has crabs?
I think today is a confusing day.

willofthewisp
Oh, wouldn't it be cool if she could turn into a crab?

calypso
Can a sea nymph be in crab like form?

The Brethern may release her from her human form, but will they make her become a crab to return to the sea if they don't let her return to her sea nymph form?

willofthewisp
I have no idea.

Ericadawn
I think she chooses how she wants to be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.