Deadpool vs Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
The God of War vs destroyer of the 4th wall. Can Ares kill Deadpool?
Who wins?

Darth Macabre
I hope to god you don't mean DC Ares...

TricksterPriest
Even Marvel Ares should win this. DC Ares.......no that's just being cruel to Wade. stick out tongue

Board Walker
DC ares who is not only the "god" of war and conflict, but also of all things death and decay?

poor poor wade.

Entity
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I hope to god you don't mean DC Ares... No, Marvel Ares from the Mighty Avengers.

Martian_mind
Then Ares still.

Deadpool ain't that good....

Soljer
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Then Ares still.

Deadpool ain't that good....

Doesn't matter who wins. The first post asked "Can ares kill deadpool?"

No. no expression.

llagrok
Yes, Ares can kill deadpool.

Entity
Originally posted by llagrok
Yes, Ares can kill deadpool. How?

guy222
Ares should win

Can he kill DP. Nah

Mindset
Originally posted by llagrok
Yes, Ares can kill deadpool.

No, he can't.

Unless you mean temporarily.

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by Mindset
No, he can't.

Unless you mean temporarily. No... even then, Deadpool's not like Wolverine was.

Deadpool's cursed to never die, and I don't think that's been changed.

george '06
but Ares still KO's first

Mindset
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
No... even then, Deadpool's not like Wolverine was.

Deadpool's cursed to never die, and I don't think that's been changed.

If his hearted were removed then technically he would be dead, that's why I say temporarily.

Mr. Immortal's power is immortality, but he still dies, even if it's only for a short amount of time.

geshien
decapitation, vaporizing him, and infecting him with a virus are the only ways, that i could think of, that could kill him.

if he's decapitated his body can't heal and his brain won't work.

let the body decompose and he's dead.

infecting him has been shown to be another possibility.

in the Weapon X arc, they eliminated Wade by using a gas that caused his body to liquefy, and the T-O virus that infected Cable was having a similar effect until both DP and Cable merged, thus giving him immunity.

naturally, vaporizing him is feasible.

but, he'd be back in the next issue.

so to answer the question...

Yes, if Ares removes DP's head and keeps it off, he can temporarily kill him.

Juk3n
Ares ftw in a fight - if this were a straite up KO contest.

And Entity..that sig is all levels of win! (except pete is dead / ad getting stomped in more than 1 of the panels!!) and that never happends!! stick out tongue

Mindset
Originally posted by geshien
decapitation, vaporizing him, and infecting him with a virus are the only ways, that i could think of, that could kill him.

if he's decapitated his body can't heal and his brain won't work.

let the body decompose and he's dead.

infecting him has been shown to be another possibility.

in the Weapon X arc, they eliminated Wade by using a gas that caused his body to liquefy, and the T-O virus that infected Cable was having a similar effect until both DP and Cable merged, thus giving him immunity.

naturally, vaporizing him is feasible.

but, he'd be back in the next issue.

so to answer the question...

Yes, if Ares removes DP's head and keeps it off, he can temporarily kill him.

If his head is decapitated eventually he would heal back to normal.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Deadpool061-20.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Deadpool061-21.jpg

And it was the Facade Virus that was turning him to liquid, not the TO virus, Cable swallowing Deadpool saved Cable from being killed by the TO virus.

geshien
If his head is decapitated eventually he would heal back to normal.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Deadpool061-20.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/Deadpool061-21.jpg

And it was the Facade Virus that was turning him to liquid, not the TO virus, Cable swallowing Deadpool saved Cable from being killed by the TO virus.

the first part you're wrong about. T-Ray pissed on his corpse and brought him back through Thanos' spell.

as i stated, he'd come back either way but, a new head would not simply grow back. only through intervention would such a thing happen.

if Wade's head was removed and separated from his body, his body would not grow a new head, seeing as how signals are sent through the brain the body would not function in such a way.

while an alternate version, in the Age of Apocalypse reality, Deadpool was killed by having his head removed and teleported away by Nightcrawler. which is perfect example.

the second detail you were right about and i thank you for the correction and i'm aware of how it happened.

Mindset
the first part you're wrong about. T-Ray pissed on his corpse and brought him back through Thanos' spell.

as i stated, he'd come back either way but, a new head would not simply grow back. only through intervention would such a thing happen.

if Wade's head was removed and separated from his body, his body would not grow a new head, seeing as how signals are sent through the brain the body would not function in such a way.

while an alternate version, in the Age of Apocalypse reality, Deadpool was killed by having his head removed and teleported away by Nightcrawler. which is perfect example.

the second detail you were right about and i thank you for the correction and i'm aware of how it happened.

No, I'm not wrong about anything, his immortality allowed him to regen from a hand, thus he could regen from just a head. You realize he is still immortal, right?

No, it's not a perfect example, AOA Deadpool was not immortal...

He was also able to regen from being liquid, so.

geshien
No, I'm not wrong about anything, his immortality allowed him to regen from a hand, thus he could regen from just a head. You realize he is still immortal, right?

No, it's not a perfect example, AOA Deadpool was not immortal...

you have a selective memory.

he didn't regen from his hand because of his powers. if you remember, the gas that Weapon X used on him canceled out his power and then some.

Thanos gave a spell to T-Ray which he used on Wade's corpse, hence bringing him back.

Wade is only immortal due to Thanos. Cut his head off and he can't regen, plain and simple.

Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you can't die by any means.

it just means he can live forever and if he were to die somehow, Thanos or Death would bring him back.

Every time Wade dies (other than the time he willed his heart back) he's brought back to life.

Mindset
you have a selective memory.

he didn't regen from his hand because of his powers. if you remember, the gas that Weapon X used on him canceled out his power and then some.

Thanos gave a spell to T-Ray which he used on Wade's corpse, hence bringing him back.

Wade is only immortal due to Thanos. Cut his head off and he can't regen, plain and simple.

Just because you're immortal doesn't mean you can't die by any means.

it just means he can live forever and if he were to die somehow, Thanos or Death would bring him back.

Every time Wade dies (other than the time he willed his heart back) he's brought back to life.

He is banned from death, no one has to actively bring him back.

Also, you're assumption that DP can die from having his head removed is still wrong if he can regen from liquid, which he has.

geshien
in the cable/deadpool book, his head isn't removed in that scenario.

the fact that he came back from that is impressive but, his brain matter is in that goop, hence why he was able to regenerate.

now let me jog your memory...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/geshien/weaponx.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/geshien/pissoflife.jpg

i'm going to bed now. i've already proved my point. further discussion with you is pointless.

Don Mega
I think Ares would win.

Mindset
in the cable/deadpool book, his head isn't removed in that scenario.

the fact that he came back from that is impressive but, his brain matter is in that goop, hence why he was able to regenerate.

now let me jog your memory...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/geshien/weaponx.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/geshien/pissoflife.jpg

i'm going to bed now. i've already proved my point. further discussion with you is pointless.

So you think that Deapool's head could not grow a body, because?

If his entire body can regenerate from being in liquid from, there is no reason why his head could not grow an entire body. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.