Hulk versus Sandman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Fight in the Sahara Desert.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/105145-hulk_400.jpg versus http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Imm-sandman.jpg

mykke
In the desert sandman would be like 100000 ft tall , hulk would be hitting his baby toe, I cant see hulk winning this one. Not to familiar with sandman though.

Psyquis52
Then you wouldn't understand that Sandman is a total idiot and hos no clue what to do with his powers.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Fight in the Sahara Desert.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/105145-hulk_400.jpg versus http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Imm-sandman.jpg

hulk

Bouboumaster
Hulk.

miraclethree
Hulk beat him at least twice in comics.

Symmetric Chaos
Long ass stalemate. Sandman will eventually wear him down though.

don't shiv
Choke hulk

janus77
thunderclap/friction generated heat ftw.

sand can be turned to glass no?
thunderclap will destabilise him.

playa1258
Anyonw who thinks Hulk loses is just in denial. ****ing sandman yeah right.

masterbruce
Originally posted by playa1258
Anyonw who thinks Hulk loses is just in denial. ****ing sandman yeah right.

How exactly do you see Hulk beating Sandman?

jollyjim311
Originally posted by janus77

thunderclap will destabilise him.

That's about as likely to happen as Sandman using his sand powers to absorb the gamma radiation right out of the hulk.

It's not going to happen.

masterbruce
Originally posted by jollyjim311
That's about as likely to happen as Sandman using his sand powers to absorb the gamma radiation right out of the hulk.

It's not going to happen.

agreed

Sparkz
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Then you wouldn't understand that Sandman is a total idiot and hos no clue what to do with his powers.

Sandman isn't that stupid any more, he has been trained by silver sable, and after he reformed he just became alot smarter, and he does know how to use his powers now a days. It ain't like the old days where Spidey could trap him in a vaccume cleaner lol.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Sparkz
Sandman isn't that stupid any more, he has been trained by silver sable, and after he reformed he just became alot smarter, and he does know how to use his powers now a days. It ain't like the old days where Spidey could trap him in a vaccume cleaner lol.

1. besides, Hulk isn't exactly a genius either

2. fight is in the Sahara Desert, so no water...or vacuum cleaners around

Madvillain
How exactly does Hulk expect to beat Sandman, IN THE SAHARA desert.

Sandman would just asphyxiate the Hulk. End of.

Sparkz
1. besides, Hulk isn't exactly a genius either

2. fight is in the Sahara Desert, so no water...or vacuum cleaners around

Where did this "Sandman is weak to water" rumour come from??? Seriously the guy has beaten Hydro Man...you know the guy that turns into water, he can turn himself rock hard so he won't be affected by water, is this because you had to use water to beat him in the PS1 game?

And yeah we know Hulk isn't smart...

masterbruce
Where did this "Sandman is weak to water" rumour come from??? Seriously the guy has beaten Hydro Man...you know the guy that turns into water, he can turn himself rock hard so he won't be affected by water, is this because you had to use water to beat him in the PS1 game?

And yeah we know Hulk isn't smart...

I just figured he'd be weak to water since wouldn't he turn into mud?

Symmetric Chaos
Where did this "Sandman is weak to water" rumour come from??? Seriously the guy has beaten Hydro Man...you know the guy that turns into water, he can turn himself rock hard so he won't be affected by water.

Beware the UnbelievableMudThing!

Sparkz
I just figured he'd be weak to water since wouldn't he turn into mud?

He only ever did that once when he actually merged with Hydro man but the fact he can make his body as hard as rock kinda negates that sort of thing dosn't it.

llagrok
What keeps the Hulk from jumping away? :P

Sparkz
Originally posted by llagrok
What keeps the Hulk from jumping away? :P

Well wouldn't he lose if he ran away?

Symmetric Chaos

Yup

llagrok

Dunno, doesn't say.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
Dunno, doesn't say.

Self BFR is still a loss.

Scoobless
Where did this "Sandman is weak to water" rumour come from???

It's been around for a while:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6541/70463289cn2.th.jpg http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6522/78494450oh2.th.jpg

Badabing
How exactly do you see Hulk beating Sandman? Originally posted by janus77

thunderclap will destabilise him. durfist

Sparkz
Originally posted by Scoobless
It's been around for a while:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6541/70463289cn2.th.jpg http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6522/78494450oh2.th.jpg

So it depends on the writer it seems, or he has to be paying attention and be in his "hard" state to defend against it.

TricksterPriest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandman_%28Marvel_Comics%29

According to Wiki, even if you glass Sandman, it won't stop him. He can control the glass and reform him self from surrounding sand.

Scoobless
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandman_%28Marvel_Comics%29

According to Wiki, even if you glass Sandman, it won't stop him. He can control the glass and reform him self from surrounding sand.

Only if he gets shattered, when he's solid glass he can't move.

TricksterPriest
Ah. Well, live and learn. stick out tongue

LORDSIDIOUS01
Sand stops Hulk confused laughing laughing

janus77
Hulk would easily beat Sandman.
he could bfr all the sand with a wave of his hands, a stomp of his feet or a thunderclap.

he could fry the blummin' sand with friction, turn it into glass...

there's no feasible way that an objectively written battle could turn out anything other than a curbstomp in favour of Hulk.

WorldWarHulk
How long would it take for a loss, if Hulk dispersed him across the desert?

TricksterPriest
tournament rules have been 10 mins of Dispersal is a KO. But as for an official position under KMC rules? hmm Good question. Maybe Digi and Tron need to add something?

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
tournament rules have been 10 mins of Dispersal is a KO. But as for an official position under KMC rules? hmm Good question. Maybe Digi and Tron need to add something?

U gave me a wonderful idea....Hulk>Sandman

TheGame17
hulk wins. he sure as hell wouldn't lose to sand. ok so here it is: if hulk uses the thunderclap or wutever and turns him into glass, then sandman can't win. if this was a smart hulk, he wouldn't punch his glass form so he wouldn't have a chance of reforming. Hulk would win by count out cuz sandman wouldn't be able to move.

janus77
it's quite possible that Hulk could exert enough pressure to crumble the sand at the atomic level, forming it into silicate or something, that's how badly Hulk wins this fight.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TheGame17
if hulk uses the thunderclap or wutever and turns him into glass

it's quite possible that Hulk could exert enough pressure to crumble the sand at the atomic level

What the f**k?

TheGame17
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k?

ummm ... u can go ahead and change yur smiley whenever yur ready smile
there's no way hulk gets beat by sand.

Symmetric Chaos
ummm ... u can go ahead and change yur smiley whenever yur ready smile
there's no way hulk gets beat by sand.

Execept for the whole "reform from physical damage" thing that Sandman can do.

TheGame17
Execept for the whole "reform from physical damage" thing that Sandman can do.

not if he's in glass form, which can happen considering hulk's power of thunderclaps and mega mega farts.

Symmetric Chaos
not if he's in glass form, which can happen considering hulk's power of thunderclaps and mega mega farts.

Yeah . . . you're a retard.

TheGame17
Yeah . . . you're a retard.

great comeback. well u can shove that up yur ass! **** u. my point is that hulk has the power to turn him into glass. hulk isn't losing, even when sandman's got all the sand in the desert.

Symmetric Chaos
my point is that hulk has the power to turn him into glass.

Ya know whats awsome. The fact that Hulk lacks that power.

TheGame17
Ya know whats awsome. The fact that Hulk lacks that power.

research on yur part may prove otherwise.

Symmetric Chaos
research on yur part may prove otherwise.

Thunderclaps do not create enough energy to make a blast wave that produces heat sufficent to change the properties of every molecule in an area the size of a small country no matter who is doing it.

Power Cosmic
The hulk has enough strength to punch holes into other dimensions.....he definitely has enough power to turn sand into glass.....

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Power Cosmic
The hulk has enough strength to punch holes into other dimensions.....he definitely has enough power to turn sand into glass.....

Average showings (which is what we use on KMC) do not put him on that level.

janus77
Thunderclaps do not create enough energy to make a blast wave that produces heat sufficent to change the properties of every molecule in an area the size of a small country no matter who is doing it.
why would he need to affect every molecule. he could, but why would he need to?

here's an interesting scan of the Thunderclap's power output:
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Shockwave-TTA67.jpg

you think Hulk couldn't do a few thousand of them in a couple of hours?
if each one has force approaching a nuclear bomb, how much sand will remain in the desert for Sandman to +subsist+ upon.

it's just not conceivable that Sandman would pose a threat, merely that he would be a tricky kill.

Symmetric Chaos

Have you ever heard of hyperbole erm

Sure thunderclaps are really powerful but they're not going to produce the ambient heat that would be needed to transform sand to glass.

Hulk could probably thunderclap sand that was directly between his hands and turn it to glass but the shockwave from a thunderclap just doesn't have that kind of power.

masterbruce

you think Hulk couldn't do a few thousand of them in a couple of hours?
if each one has force approaching a nuclear bomb, how much sand will remain in the desert for Sandman to +subsist+ upon.

it's just not conceivable that Sandman would pose a threat, merely that he would be a tricky kill.

so the people that have survived hulk's thunder clap could also survive nuclear blasts?

janus77
no this is The Hulk and that's not hyperbole. it's freaky but it's part of who/what he is... come on, he's shaken up mountain ranges with his thunderclaps... can't shake 'em with hyperbole.

janus77
so the people that have survived hulk's thunder clap could also survive nuclear blasts?
all his thunderclaps are nuclear level?
he obviously has fine control over how much force he exerts.

WorldWarHulk
For f*ck sakes.
I thought it took heat to turn sand into glass.

janus77
http://files.photojerk.com/Jonathanos/STRENGTH/Shockwave-IH248.jpg
another viable tactic, bfr the sand with a combination of slams and thunderclaps.

janus77
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
For f*ck sakes.
I thought it took heat to turn sand into glass.
pretty sure Hulk could produce the necessary heat via many methods, including friction and slams/thunderclaps.

WorldWarHulk
pretty sure Hulk could produce the necessary heat via many methods, including friction and slams/thunderclaps. Showed the skill, or intelligence, when though?
I'm pretty sure Sandman could seep into all of Hulk's orifaces, and drown him out.
Not going to ever happen though.

Just like Hulk turning him into sand, shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread.

I agree Hulk wins, but bullshit like this, doesn't help his case.

janus77
Hulk grabs Sandman and leaps into the upper atmosphere, then either spreads the sand out or brings it down with him and lets the friction heat it up ... or leaps into space (earth orbit) and reenters with Sandman and uses the reentry heat ...

WorldWarHulk
Hulk grabs Sandman and leaps into the upper atmosphere, then either spreads the sand out or brings it down with him and lets the friction heat it up ... or leaps into space (earth orbit) and reenters with Sandman and uses the reentry heat ... no expression

Symmetric Chaos

Really? Just don't see what tactics Hulk has at his disposal that would be able to take out Sandman in the Sahara.

janus77
Showed the skill, or intelligence, when though?
I'm pretty sure Sandman could seep into all of Hulk's orifaces, and drown him out.
Not going to ever happen though.

Just like Hulk turning him into sand, shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread.

seems your annoyance got the better for you. aside from the incoherent gibbering you've suddenly resorted to, the insulting remarks aren't really helping make your point any clearer.

any of the intelligent incarnations of Hulk would have the requisite smarts, Banner is a nuclear physicist after all.

Sand entering any of Hulk's orifices would be suicidal for Sandman, no escape. unless Hulk shits him out.
Hulk can go without breathing for "extended periods", hence his excursions into space and the upper atmosphere.

this is just a quick and simple way of killing off Sandman, there are a myriad other ways, but this would be the least effort/most "bang for the buck" as they say.

WorldWarHulk
seems your annoyance got the better for you. aside from the incoherent gibbering you've suddenly resorted to, the insulting remarks aren't really helping make your point any clearer.

any of the intelligent incarnations of Hulk would have the requisite smarts, Banner is a nuclear physicist after all.

Sand entering any of Hulk's orifices would be suicidal for Sandman, no escape. unless Hulk shits him out.
Hulk can go without breathing for "extended periods", hence his excursions into space and the upper atmosphere.

this is just a quick and simple way of killing off Sandman, there are a myriad other ways, but this would be the least effort/most "bang for the buck" as they say. I'm saying Hulk doing what you said, is bullshit, because it is bullshit.
Friction?
He's not Superman.

Slams, and Thunderclaps?
That will only disperse Sandman.

Really, because from the looks of the Hulk in this thread, it looks like Savage Hulk (judging by the picture of course). I'll wait for the version from masterbruce though.
Otherwise it's current Hulk, which, I'm not sure if he retained all of Banner's intellect.

Wait, it wouldn't be Hulk's choice if he wanted Sandman to stay in, or out.
If we judge by powers never shown or used, then Sandman could enter, and leave whenever he wanted.
Plus, unless Sandman would go unnoticed inside Hulk's body (like it sounds), Hulk would not want him in his body.
I'm pretty damn sure Sandman could rip him apart from the inside.

Of course, this isn't a viable option, just like Hulk turning him into glass (from the way it sounds).

Really? Just don't see what tactics Hulk has at his disposal that would be able to take out Sandman in the Sahara. Ahh, I forgot the battle place... nevermind then.

Burnt Pancakes
I agree that the Hulk wins. I just don't see what Sandman can do to put down the Hulk. His multiple mile high jumps keep him clear of any "pore" entering the Sandman may try to do, and besides that I don't see what else eh can do. Crushing him or smothering him won't do a thing to a man who lifts Islands near effortlessly.

mykke
you are all forgetting that he is fighting sandman IN THE FRIGGEN SAHARA DESERT. The Sahara desert is 3,500,000 sq miles (almost as large as the entire United States, and its ALL SAND which means sandman (in theory) can control it all. How can Hulk affect something that massive. I cannot see anyway for the Hulk to even get something that massive's attention let alone injure it. Again, I do not know a lot about sandman, but since he controls sand, in theory he should be able to control all sand? Correct me if I am wrong of course.

Burnt Pancakes
Sandman controlling all 3500 Miles of sand would only be a hinderance to him, as he can't move that much sand fast enough for it to be effective in putting down the Hulk.

I can't see Sandman winning this, he just doesn't have the raw power needed to take down the Hulk, and after giving it some thought I don't see how the Hulk can win, either. So...

Sandman wins 1/10. Stalemate 9/10.

FOOM
Surely, Sandman's conciousness does exist in every grain of sand in the desert. If some part containing his mind is detached from the rest the remainder is lifeless.
That in mind, couldn't Hulk suck Sandman into his lungs and belly the way he did to Reid Richards? In addition to trapping him, I suspect Hulk's stomach acids would do some damage to Flint.

Badabing
Hulk survives breathing water and in the vacuum of space. Sand make Hulk sneeze, sneeze make sand go bye bye. Sandman no more. dur

jasonk3
Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk survives breathing water and in the vacuum of space. Sand make Hulk sneeze, sneeze make sand go bye bye. Sandman no more. dur

your logic wins you another debate durfist

Sam Z
Sandy wins. I just came back from Spider-man 3 and I'm still under the impression...
This is gonna be one HUGE Sandman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.