Local Elections, May 3rd: Have your say....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
Okay, there's the obvious issues: Education, the NHS, the Economy, the EU, the mass immigration of the Polish, Portuguese, Latvians, Romanians, etc., Tony Blair being a tosspot, Gordon Brown being no less of one. See also: David Cameron (Tw@t)....

They're all big issues, though, so they'll have to wait till 2009, when we'll have to choice wh'll be the next PM: A greedy jock, a silver-spoon hypocrite or a doddering, incompetent old fool: Pick your poison!

This Thursday, however, you get to have your say about the council in your area. Of course, the council don't really have much power, and make very few decisions themselves, so there's not much point voting for them, but you can make them realise that the British people do still have a voice (Apparently)....

Pointless fake Police without the power to arrest people? Sort it!
Nothing for teenagers to do, thus putting them on the street to cause trouble? Sort it!
Not enough jobs for British people? Sort it!
Fortnightly rubbish collections resulting in the risk of all types of nasty ilnesses? SORT IT!!!

So who're you voting for?

jaden101
the BNP...

Lord Coal
Originally posted by jaden101
the BNP...

Well, they're not quite as racist as labour or the Tories right now, I guess..... confused

I'm going for UKIP. Thy're nobs, but the big 3 seriously haven't earned my vote. mad

Schecter
meh

chillmeistergen
Liberal Democrats

Alfheim
Ive had enough I wanna emigrate. Uk is going down the ***ing tubes. Uk needs to stop picking up all of Americas bad habits.

vintageSW77
I know of a fair few who will be voting for the BNP who ten years ago would never have dreamt they would be giving their vote to them.....and most of them are regular people as opposed to the stereotypical nazi thug.
Living in the UK near a city centre its fairly obvious the reason for this and i reckon there will be quite a few votes going their way come May 3rd..prob more than usual.

The Pict
I've never bothered to vote before and it's too late too register now. I was going to vote for Labour but I think my unused vote goes to them anyway.

As to the points in the first post I hope something gets done about the masses of eastern Europeans coming into Britain.

Deano
have your say? hahaha

as if your vote will change a goddamn thing

jaden101
Originally posted by Deano
have your say? hahaha

i'm sure you say that in every election thread that gets made...we know what you think...stop it...its ****ing boring

Gregory
have your say? hahaha

Hm...I don't know if you noticed, but last election in America, our votes changed quite a few things. I don't know anything about UK politics, but your oh-so-edgy idea that voters can't make a difference is pretty damn silly.

Deano
Originally posted by jaden101
i'm sure you say that in every election thread that gets made...we know what you think...stop it...its ****ing boring

hearing how everyone thinks there vote will change a thing is boring too.

so stop it

Shakyamunison

so stop it

My vote does have power. It has the power to bore you, and that is good enough for me. stick out tongue

Deano

so stop it

Originally posted by Gregory
Hm...I don't know if you noticed, but last election in America, our votes changed quite a few things. I don't know anything about UK politics, but your oh-so-edgy idea that voters can't make a difference is pretty damn silly.

what did it change?

uk politics is the same as US politics

the main agenda stays the same buddy. it always as. dont fall for the tricks. you vote changes nothing. the world continues to spiral downhill. it always will unless people wake up

as bill hicks said:

'' i'll show you politics in america right now:

i think the puppet on my left shares my beliefs...well i think the puppet on the right is more to my liking...oh wait theres one guy holding up both puppets!.....SHUT UP....go back to bed america, your government is in control...heres american gladiators..watch this and shut up..you are free to do as we tell you you are free to do as we tell you''

sorry have i said that before?

i'll stop now

jaden101
and i believe that as much as you believe George W Bush.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by The Pict
I've never bothered to vote before and it's too late too register now. I was going to vote for Labour but I think my unused vote goes to them anyway.

As to the points in the first post I hope something gets done about the masses of eastern Europeans coming into Britain.

Its definatley a problem
I stood outside a newsagent waiting for my chick on saturday and id say a large percentage of the accents i heard of people walking past were Eastern european or African .
Add to this we were approached by a beggar with child who was obv Eastern european (which for me in Manchester city centre was a first) approached by Lucky Lucky men selling pirate dvds whilst we had a quiet drink(par for the course in Spain etc but another first in Manchester for myself) and the fact that half the big issue sellers we walked past are also immigrants its getting out of control....what the **** were these particular immigrants contributing to the UK exactly??.
Shit copies of Spidey 3 on DVD...whoop de ****ing doo!
Another instance this week was i had to nip in the library near work last night to send an urgent email and i couldnt get a seat on a pc out of id say 70 pcs as they were all being used by Morrocans,Somalis and the odd white who were obv Polish....all no doubt emailing relatives how ****ing great it was in blighty and get your arse over here real soon.

England has been multicultural for a long time but this is totally different.
England is losing its nationality....no one asked for this.
People have had enough and ill be very surprised if this doesnt reflect on the votes come thursday.

Koenig
I am not voting for the Conservatives and Labour along with the Liberals as these three party's have had there day, all of them lie and cheat and they don't give a toss about you. They have become so complacent they just don't care if you don't vote, because it will still play into there hands.

You must vote and deliver the message we have had it up to here with there BS and British politics needs a massive shake up. Vote for a smaller party but please don't vote BNP as they have no answers.

And please remember this is a local election where you live on local issues. It is not a general election on national issues.

vintageSW77
i wont be voting for the BNP
ive seen their "methods" in person

jaden101
Originally posted by vintageSW77
i wont be voting for the BNP
ive seen their "methods" in person

and why not?...they seem such nice people.

Gregory
Pretending that Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same is my least favorite edgy bullsh*t of all time. They're completely the same! Well, the disagree about gun control..and capital punishment, and abortion, and Iraq, and gay marriage, and every other political issue out there.

But otherwise, they're completely the same!

Bill Hicks can blow me.

chithappens
Just please vote rather than talk about it here only

Fishy
Originally posted by Gregory
Pretending that Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same is my least favorite edgy bullsh*t of all time. They're completely the same! Well, the disagree about gun control..and capital punishment, and abortion, and Iraq, and gay marriage, and every other political issue out there.

But otherwise, they're completely the same!

Bill Hicks can blow me.

I would but you are really far away, so instead I will just say that they are both centralist party's meaning that they aren't the same but appear in the center of the political thinking with either a left wing or a right wing group to get those sides. That's the problem with two political party's, the majority of the people will always have centralist views neither right nor left, so to get those votes you have to stay close to the center as well.... Otherwise you will lose the elections.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ive had enough I wanna emigrate. Uk is going down the ***ing tubes. Uk needs to stop picking up all of Americas bad habits. Well said.

Gregory
Originally posted by Fishy
I would but you are really far away, so instead I will just say that they are both centralist party's meaning that they aren't the same but appear in the center of the political thinking with either a left wing or a right wing group to get those sides. That's the problem with two political party's, the majority of the people will always have centralist views neither right nor left, so to get those votes you have to stay close to the center as well.... Otherwise you will lose the elections.

I think that most Americans are pretty squarely right or left wing. Maybe they'll be socially liberal but financially conservative or something, and they're "centrist" in the sense that most right-wingers aren't Ann Coulter and most left-wingers aren't Michael Moore, and they're willing to compromise with the oposition, but I don't think I'd call the average American centrist. If anything, the centrists are the ones who lose out with the two part system, since there's no "centrist" party, at least not a viable one.

TRH
I am not british and please dont bash me for posting here,but labour

vintageSW77
well last nights CRIMEWATCH on tv last night may have swung a few votes in the BNPs way
heres last night top ten most sought after
http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/suspect_appeals.shtml
it seems that most of the attacks on that show featured are by black people
so whats going on?

Fishy
Originally posted by vintageSW77
well last nights CRIMEWATCH on tv last night may have swung a few votes in the BNPs way
heres last night top ten most sought after
http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/suspect_appeals.shtml
it seems that most of the attacks on that show featured are by black people
so whats going on?

Blacks and immigrants are usually the poorer part of the population and thus the most likely to commit crimes like robbery murder and drug dealing. Simple fact, the way to change that is by investing money in them however and forcing them to follow an education immigrate and get a job. Not something most right wing party's want.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.