grindhouse to be split here in the uk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king leonidas
well thats the bad news, and the good news is.......... well there is none. i can' believe this. why split something up when it was created so we could watch 2 films for the price of 1. i am outraged that the wienstiens would split up what is possibly the greatest movie experience in a long time (i saw grindhouse as it was supposed to be last week). i now officially hate the wienstiens.

exanda kane
Yay, now I don't have to watch the Tarantino one smile

MildPossession
I've seen it all in one too, but shame to hear it's getting a split. UK has to wait until September now, and later for Planet Terror apparently.

Solo
Originally posted by exanda kane
Yay, now I don't have to watch the Tarantino one smile
Wise decision, if you hate any film made above a certain level of mediocrity.

BackFire
A very low level, apparently.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Solo
Wise decision, if you hate any film made above a certain level of mediocrity.

Sorry, but I think I'd prefer to watch the films Tarantino copies from rather than his packaged productions of rehashed material.

Dusty
Sorry, but I think I'd prefer to watch the films Tarantino copies from rather than his packaged productions of rehashed material.

As apposed to the zombie-esque film we've seen a hundred times over?

InnerRise
Which one of them made the one with the girl with the Machine Gun for a Leg?

Is that the better of the 2 movies?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Wolfie
Originally posted by InnerRise
Which one of them made the one with the girl with the Machine Gun for a Leg?

Is that the better of the 2 movies?
Planet Terror, the better of the two by far.

Lucid Lui
That sucks. Really hope they don't do that here is Oz.

king leonidas
planet terror was more a more enjoyable film of the two, but death proof is a much better film. easily as good as kill bill, if not better, but not quiet as brilliant as reservoir dogs and pulp fiction. planet terror was a lot more fun though, and more like a grindhouse film than death proof. meaning more scratches, and things wrong with the print.

vintageSW77
wernstein is a ****
he says he will "allow" the uk watch the movies seperatley
well **** off you fat bastard
reading around on the net most people in the UK who were looking forward to Grindhouse myself included wont bother watching or paying for 2 seperate flicks
Well done average US cinemagoer...your liking of crap like ARE WE DONE YET,WILD HOGS and thaty Will Ferrel ice skating movie were again he does that same old smarmy arent we clever/funny routine that died out when Chevy Chase welcomed in the 1990s has dictated what we watch.
The UK gets the shit end...but thats all we deserve afterall Reservoir Dogs and El Mariachi got props here and bums on seats before both directors found an audience in the states.

Ill wait for the DVD or get a copy off the net.
I dont agree with movie piracy but for this ill make an exception
****ing ****

ADarksideJedi
Do you guys from UK get movies before america or after?jm

vintageSW77
usually roundabout the same time with major flicks
but this time we didnt

you got Hot Fuzz late though
no doubt it will stiff

ADarksideJedi
Oh why is it later?When does Pirate 3 coming?It is coming to America on may 25.jm

T.M
Does anyone know is it will it be split just for the cinema's or will separate DVDs be released too ?

exanda kane
Originally posted by Dusty
As apposed to the zombie-esque film we've seen a hundred times over?

Yes.

Solo
Actually, it's quite the opposite in Grindhouse's case. Most agree that Tarantino actually made an original, authentic grindhouse film. While Rogriguez did the rehashing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.