Karate Kid vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Karate Kid
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Legionkaratekid.jpg

vs

Captain America
http://jjinbeat.com/Cap/StarSpangledSite/JohnnyWalker-CaptainAmerica5-Shield.jpg

illadelph12
KK easily.

Is this spite?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by illadelph12
KK easily.

Is this spite? id say so

Charlotte DeBel
It's AWFUL spite...

Captain America is a legend, but he's not KK equal. In fact, he would be lucky to last more than minute against KK.

Scoobless
Cap for the win ... he has drug powers.

smile

guy222
Originally posted by complexbrother
Karate Kid
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/Legionkaratekid.jpg

vs

Captain America
http://jjinbeat.com/Cap/StarSpangledSite/JohnnyWalker-CaptainAmerica5-Shield.jpg

cap

jasonk3
Cap loses

Board Walker
I lost respect for post crsis KK, the momment Batman schooled him, and KK acted like a completely child.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Board Walker
I lost respect for post crsis KK, the momment Batman schooled him, and KK acted like a completely child.

Batman schools everyone though

batdude123

Yeah... that's not exactly how it went.

At all.

They fought evenly for a few pages before Black Lightning shocked the hell out of KK.

Hardly a "schooling."

olympian
I dont even consider it an even match.

KK didnt had memory of who he was and had just woken up of a coma and the one who still had internal injuries in the end was Batman.

batdude123
Originally posted by olympian
I dont even consider it an even match.

KK didnt had memory of who he was and had just woken up of a coma and the one who still had internal injuries in the end was Batman.

Correct, but he made it pretty clear that he remembered all of his combat training.

capt it up
batman should not be able to fight KK. KK should just kick the shit out of batman

batdude123
Originally posted by capt it up
batman should not be able to fight KK. KK should just kick the shit out of batman

Just like how Hal Jordan and the Spectre should've kicked the shit out of him? 313

Badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Correct, but he made it pretty clear that he remembered all of his combat training. Very true.
Originally posted by capt it up
batman should not be able to fight KK. KK should just kick the shit out of batman This just proves once and for all that Batman is the greatest fighter....ever! eek!

Joey Stacks
Evenly matched? You call Karate Kid having tattered clothing with a few bruises versus Batman getting his belt taken and a hernia an even match?

batdude123
Originally posted by Joey Stacks
Evenly matched? You call Karate Kid having tattered clothing with a few bruises versus Batman getting his belt taken and a hernia an even match?

I didn't say it was a stalemate, did I?

I said they fought on equal footing for a few pages with Karate Kid ending up being shocked.

Karate Kid didn't just have a few bruises, his face was bloodied up pretty badly. And the hernia didn't seem to faze Batman at all. It wasn't even the reason he shifted his stance.

So yeah, I don't think it's too far-fetched saying they fought pretty evenly for three pages before Karate Kid was electrocuted.

And I'm not saying Batman is as good of a fighter as Val is. KK is on another level, however it was a pretty good showing for Bruce.

olympian
Well sure it was. Good enough that is.

The controversy was more due to people expecting KK to be at pre crisis levels. Wich is unlikely.

Validus
Originally posted by olympian
Well sure it was. Good enough that is.

The controversy was more due to people expecting KK to be at pre crisis levels. Wich is unlikely.
A fight with Batman doesn't prove he isn't at PC levels. Val never really did any crazy stuff against normal people. Plus as said before, it IS Batman.

Joey Stacks
The problem was they weren't on equal footing.

Batman landed hits on the humanly fast Karate Kid. Nothing to brag about if you're as skilled as Batman is thought to be.

Karate Kid took Batman's belt mid-battle (let's make a list of human fighters that have done this) and did actual damage to him while actually downtalking the hell out of Bruce like he was a chump (clearly the off panel fight was going well into his favor).

I think people went into the fight thinking KK had super speed or something.

batdude123
Karate Kid took Batman's belt mid-battle (let's make a list of human fighters that have done this)

ZOMG!!

That's about as crucial to the overall fight as Karate Kid's clothes being torn up.

and did actual damage to him while actually downtalking the hell out of Bruce like he was a chump (clearly the off panel fight was going well into his favor).

"Actual damage?" You don't think Bruce did actual damage? Val was bleeding from his cheek, nose, and mouth and had a black eye.

And Batman received a supposed hernia which didn't even seem painful enough to grab his attention.

Like I said before... equal footing. Saying anything different is laughable.

Deathstroke
KK also split Batman's cowl. That would seem to be a pretty fierce hit he can dish out.

batdude123
Originally posted by Deathstroke
KK also split Batman's cowl. That would seem to be a pretty fierce hit he can dish out.

Which, again, is about as important to the fight as Karate Kid's clothes being torn up.

Bruce's face didn't have a mark on it. Wish I could say the same for Val...

Validus
Look harder.

http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07ax6.jpg

Deathstroke
The only reason I mentioned it was because someone in the comic mentioned it while calling KK a pitbull.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Cap gets beat up very badly.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Look harder.

http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=07ax6.jpg

You're right. Sorry I forgot about the spot of dirt on his cheek in that picture.

Next page shows Bruce with a miniscule scrape on his face.

WOWERZZ ZOMG!!!11!!@@

The fantastic Karate Kid managed to scratch Bruce with his fingernails. ermm

Validus
You're right. Sorry I forgot about the spot of dirt on his cheek in that picture.

Next page shows Bruce with a miniscule scrape on his face.

WOWERZZ ZOMG!!!11!!@@

The fantastic Karate Kid managed to scratch Bruce with his fingernails. ermm
He clearly has multiple cuts on his face. Don't try and be a wise ass. That's my gig.

Deathstroke
Maybe someone should start a Batman vs. KK thread, because this is KK vs. Cap.

Joey Stacks
ZOMG!!

That's about as crucial to the overall fight as Karate Kid's clothes being torn up.

"Actual damage?" You don't think Bruce did actual damage? Val was bleeding from his cheek, nose, and mouth and had a black eye.

And Batman received a supposed hernia which didn't even seem painful enough to grab his attention.

Like I said before... equal footing. Saying anything different is laughable.

You sound like someone who's never been in a fight. Just because you're bleeding doesn't mean you're hurt and the black eye can be explained by the first shot he got in when Val was just recalling that he actually knew Karate (the blood from his lip can too).

And you must be sick if you think Karate Kid being able to pull off Batman's belt with his bare hands without having any broken bones isn't a blatant display of superiority (not to mention Karate Kid damn near mocking him at the end). Like I said earlier, let's list the humans that have been able to do something like that.

batdude123
He clearly has multiple cuts on his face. Don't try and be a wise ass. That's my gig.

Black character lines = a bloodied up face? haermm

Next page Bruce had nothing more than a tiny scrape on his cheek.

And there's no need to lash out just because you're starting to realize that you're losing your touch. ermm

Validus
Black character lines = a bloodied up face? haermm

Next page Bruce had nothing more than a tiny scrape on his cheek.

And there's no need to lash out just because you're starting to realize that you're losing your touch. ermm
Not lashing out. Just trying to see why you're defending this so much despite already admitting KK is better than Bruce. You even downplayed the hernia. A hernia won't typically make you keel over in pain.

Badabing
Why is everybody so upset. Batman had a good showing, so what? Do we want to list the other so called street levelers with higher showings against super humans? I happen to agree with Batdude's assessment. People need to move on.

batdude123
You sound like someone who's never been in a fight.

I've been in plenty of fights before, and Karate Kid's face was f*cked up. Period.

Just because you're bleeding doesn't mean you're hurt and the black eye can be explained by the first shot he got in when Val was just recalling that he actually knew Karate (the blood from his lip can too).

I didn't say Karate Kid lost or was severly injured because of a bloodied up face and a black eye.

It's not like Bruce even registered pain when Val gave him a hernia either.

And you must be sick if you think Karate Kid being able to pull off Batman's belt with his bare hands without having any broken bones isn't a blatant display of superiority (not to mention Karate Kid damn near mocking him at the end). Like I said earlier, let's list the humans that have been able to do something like that.

Wow. Getting jacked in the face vs. stealing someone's belt...

Hmm...

It showed them on equal grounds throughout the entire fight. It really shouldn't even be up for debate. Neither looked overly superior to the other. When it was over, they were even. End of discussion.

And you're making it seem like I'm saying Bruce is Karate Kid's equal in h2h combat. I already said that wasn't the case.

batdude123
Not lashing out. Just trying to see why you're defending this so much despite already admitting KK is better than Bruce. You even downplayed the hernia. A hernia won't typically make you keel over in pain.

I'm defending the showing in JLA #8, not their actual combat prowess in general.

There's a huge difference.

Deathstroke
Let's just all agree that both Batman and Karate Kid would beat Cap and be done with it. big grin

Badabing
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Let's just all agree that both Batman and Karate Kid would beat Cap and be done with it. big grin banana02 badabing

Validus
I'm defending the showing in JLA #8, not their actual combat prowess in general.

There's a huge difference.
Like?

batdude123
Like?

Like what?

I'm defending what was actually shown during their fight. I'm not gonna sugar coat it just because Val has pwned cosmic ass before.

However, when you take into account all of their showings, Karate Kid is obviously superior in h2h combat.

Joey Stacks
I've been in plenty of fights before, and Karate Kid's face was f*cked up. Period.

I didn't say Karate Kid lost or was seriously injured because of a bloodied up face and a black eye.

It's not like Bruce even registered pain when Val gave him a hernia either.

Wow. Getting jacked in the face vs. stealing someone's belt...

Hmm...

It showed them on equal grounds throughout the entire fight. It really shouldn't even be up for debate. Neither looked overly superior to the other. When it was over, they were even. End of discussion.

And you're making it seem like I'm saying Bruce is Karate Kid's equal in h2h combat. I already said that wasn't the case.

1.) If that's your definition of ****ed up I'd hate to see what your opinion on most boxing matches are.

2.) Bruce now has a hernia, Karate Kid is irritated that Lightning snuck up behind him.

3.) Batman had his masked ripped off, caught a full contact kick to the chest, had his belt ripped off and now has a hernia. Karate Kid had his clothes tattered and few knicks and bruises on his face that a normal human gets when they fight someone who's likely physically stronger and faster then them.

4.) It showed them on equal grounds, which was why Karate Kid was so confident in the end and suffered 0 injuries outside of bruised eye, whereas Bats in his attempts to prove Clark wrong had Lightning jump him.

Bats was out classed. Their speech tells us he was outclassed. The damage done shows us he was outclassed. Him loving to prove Clark wrong by having Lightning jump in shows us he was outclassed. etc etc etc.

Validus
Like what?
ermmnone

I'm defending what was actually shown during their fight.
Rather blindly. What was shown in their fight was Bruce clearly being outclassed. If you think having a black eye is worse than having a hernia, you're nuts.

batdude123
1.) If that's your definition of ****ed up I'd hate to see what your opinion on most boxing matches are.

2.) Bruce now has a hernia, Karate Kid is irritated that Lightning snuck up behind him.

3.) Batman had his masked ripped off, caught a full contact kick to the chest, had his belt ripped off and now has a hernia. Karate Kid had his clothes tattered and few knicks and bruises on his face that a normal human gets when they fight someone who's likely physically stronger and faster then them.

4.) It showed them on equal grounds, which was why Karate Kid was so confident in the end and suffered 0 injuries outside of bruised eye, whereas Bats in his attempts to prove Clark wrong had Lightning jump him.

Bats was out classed. Their speech tells us he was outclassed. The damage done shows us he was outclassed. Him loving to prove Clark wrong by having Lightning jump in shows us he was outclassed. etc etc etc.

A hernia that didn't even bother him, yes.

He didn't have his mask torn off, it had a rip in it which was completely inconsequential to the overall fight.

A few knicks as in bleeding from all of his orifices in his face along with his cheek and a black eye, yes. He also coughed out blood in the end.

So narrating what you've done to someone means you've won the fight? Gotcha.

So BL ending the fight quickly takes a dump on what Bruce actually did to Karate Kid during their encounter? Where's the logic in that?

Their speech tells us absolutely nothing.

Karate Kid jumped Bruce from behind in the first place. However, that led to Karate Kid having his chop blocked and then he was decked in the face for his effort. Black Lightning jumping Val from behind is just returning the favor as far as I'm concerned.

batdude123
ermmnone

Rather blindly. What was shown in their fight was Bruce clearly being outclassed. If you think having a black eye is worse than having a hernia, you're nuts.

I see what you're doing here. ermmhappy

You're back!

Bentley
Batman wears a helmet that provides resistance against weapons doesn't he? With the kind of scratch he has in his helmet his head would have a severe injury. Whet BL commented how KK went through Bruce's armor Batman stop him because he is ashamed of being beaten up.

Validus
I see what you're doing here. ermmhappy

You're back!
smokin'

Joey Stacks
Karate Kid coughed up blood because that's sorta what happens when you get blasted by lightning.

Bleeding from all openings (except eyes and ears) isn't that bad when it's only a slight trickle that magically went away once he got zapped, in fact I equate what Bruce did to what I would do to Mike Tyson if I got a clear shot to his face.

If I punched Mike Tyson as good as Bruce decked Val he'd likely have a little blood coming from his mouth too (not that my punch would actually do any real damage to him like how Bruce's did no real damage to Val).

And Val's pre-emptive attack was actually anticipated by Bats and Val knew he saw it coming (at the last minute). Not exactly the same thing.

batdude123
Karate Kid coughed up blood because that's sorta what happens when you get blasted by lightning.

Bleeding from all openings (except eyes and ears) isn't that bad when it's only a slight trickle that magically went away once he got zapped, in fact I equate what Bruce did to what I would do to Mike Tyson if I got a clear shot to his face.

If I punched Mike Tyson as good as Bruce decked Val he'd likely have a little blood coming from his mouth too (not that my punch would actually do any real damage to him like how Bruce's did no real damage to Val).

And Val's pre-emptive attack was actually anticipated by Bats and Val knew he saw it coming (at the last minute). Not exactly the same thing.

He didn't even cough it up. He screamed and blood came out. That can easily be explained by Bruce's shots to his face.

So, with only one punch, you'd give Mike a black eye, a bloody mouth, a bloody nose, and a bloody cheek? You must have a big fist.

At the same time, if I kicked someone as hard as I could in the groin area, they'd probably get a hernia as well.

Neither was seriously injured and neither looked superior to the other.

They were on equal footing before BL shocked KK. That's all I said. I didn't even say the fight was a stalemate.

Draco69
Goddamn Meltzer....

First Deathstroke owning the JLA, now this crap....

sad

Validus
What's wrong with Meltzer? He even said KK was the better fighter. confused

Bentley
When BL was talking about KK's skills Batman tried to change the topic since he was ashamed of the fact he was losing.

masterbruce
He didn't even cough it up. He screamed and blood came out. That can easily be explained by Bruce's shots to his face.

So, with only one punch, you'd give Mike a black eye, a bloody mouth, a bloody nose, and a bloody cheek? You must have a big fist.

At the same time, if I kicked someone as hard as I could in the groin area, they'd probably get a hernia as well.

Neither was seriously injured and neither looked superior to the other.

They were on equal footing before BL shocked KK. That's all I said. I didn't even say the fight was a stalemate.

dood, a hernia's worse than a black eye, much much worse

Draco69
What's wrong with Meltzer? He even said KK was the better fighter. confused

KK shouldn't have gotten a black eye or any sort of damage whatsoever, IMO.

It should have been as a brutal curbstomp as a pregnant Spoiler vs. Richard Dragon on Red Bull...

Validus

Your lame ass would miss and hit them in the balls. sad

Validus
Originally posted by Draco69
KK shouldn't have gotten a black eye or any sort of damage whatsoever, IMO.

It should have been as a brutal curbstomp as a pregnant Spoiler vs. Richard Dragon on Red Bull...
I said before the fight was written more like a Richard Dragon Vs Batman fight than a real Karate Kid Vs Batman fight. Them be the breaks.

Joey Stacks
1.) Nice backtracking, but he did cough up blood and it did come from BL shocking him and he didn't scream

2.) Talking about why blood=/=hurt. If I punched Tyson in the mouth he'd bleed from the mouth, but I doubt he'd be hurt (annoyed but not hurt).

3.) The hernia came from the right leg not the groin area. Wtf are you talking about. I doubt you could give anyone a hernia in the right leg from kicking them.

4.) Batman had a hernia, his belt taken, his masked split in half (I forgot all about the lightning scene), his cape ripped apart, a hole in his chest and his clothes tattered to top it all off. KK had a few bruises on his face and tattered clothing and was talking like Batman was bush league. Both weren't injured? More like Karate Kid wasn't injured. Neither looked superior? Only if you equate being equal to staying conscience.

Draco69
And how the f**k did Mister Terrific play chess BLINDFOLDED? I don't care how smart he is, he needs to know where the f**king chess pieces are! Hell, Dinah coulda cheated and switched the pieces around while Mister Terrific was wisecracking...

Endless Mike
Playing Chess blindfolded is entirely possible, many real - life players have done so quite often. In fact one guy was known for giving exhibitions where he would play over 50 blindfolded games at once (and win most of them)

Board Walker
Yeah... that's not exactly how it went.

At all.

They fought evenly for a few pages before Black Lightning shocked the hell out of KK.

Hardly a "schooling."

I know the fight I'm talking about, and it was a schooling.

KK fought evenly with Batman? Yeah I read the entire fight, and stalemating with Batman brings shame to KK.

KK was schooled by bats, for the fighting tactical genius KK is suppose to be, he showed nothing of it. Rather he acted like an arrogant ass and was out smarted by Batman.

Yeah KK was schooled.

Badabing
1.) Nice backtracking, but he did cough up blood and it did come from BL shocking him and he didn't scream

2.) Talking about why blood=/=hurt. If I punched Tyson in the mouth he'd bleed from the mouth, but I doubt he'd be hurt (annoyed but not hurt).

3.) The hernia came from the right leg not the groin area. Wtf are you talking about. I doubt you could give anyone a hernia in the right leg from kicking them.

4.) Batman had a hernia, his belt taken, his masked split in half (I forgot all about the lightning scene), his cape ripped apart, a hole in his chest and his clothes tattered to top it all off. KK had a few bruises on his face and tattered clothing and was talking like Batman was bush league. Both weren't injured? More like Karate Kid wasn't injured. Neither looked superior? Only if you equate being equal to staying conscience. duryoda

Validus
KK was schooled by bats, for the fighting tactical genius KK is suppose to be, he showed nothing of it. Rather he acted like an arrogant ass and was out smarted by Batman.
The rest of your post was laughable but you have a point here and thats why I take issue with anyone saying Val being in a near coma was negligible in regards to the fight. Simply not true. You're kidding yourself if you think a guy who didn't even know his name is fighting at 100%.

batdude123
Originally posted by masterbruce
dood, a hernia's worse than a black eye, much much worse

Thanks Bruce, but did I say any differently?

Why don't go back to fighting crime and leave the debating to other folks.

Board Walker
I said before the fight was written more like a Richard Dragon Vs Batman fight than a real Karate Kid Vs Batman fight. Them be the breaks.

Thus why I said KK was school, KK in character would of destroyed Batman in picto seconds.

batdude123

laughing out loud

Where did you see coughing? His mouth was agape and his eyes were wide open. Nothing that looked like a coughing motion. He screamed.

Yeah, thanks. However, this can go both ways considering Bruce wasn't anything more than annoyed either.

I don't see why not.

A lot of things can happen to the legs if you kick them hard enough.

Hemorrhages, nerve damage, muscle damage, blood clots, aneurysms, etc.

A hernia isn't exactly out of the question.

4.) Batman had a hernia

Which didn't bother him at all.

his belt taken, his masked split in half (I forgot all about the lightning scene), his cape ripped apart, a hole in his chest and his clothes tattered to top it all off

laughing

How exactly is this any better than you saying Bruce tattered Karate Kid's clothing? Wow, what a f*ckin' double standard, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

It means absolutely dick in the overall scheme of things.

KK had a few bruises on his face and tattered clothing and was talking like Batman was bush league. Both weren't injured? More like Karate Kid wasn't injured. Neither looked superior? Only if you equate being equal to staying conscience.

Narrating a fight means the other person didn't do anything to you? Hmmm, I guess I should remember that next time. Him talking throughout the fight doesn't prove a damn thing. It's the same thing Batman did in the beginning when KK thought he had Bruce's fighting skills down pat.

Neither looked superior because neither had any crippling blows, or tide switching moves throughout the match. They each had their shots in. Yeah, it was equal footing.

Oh, and laughing out loud @ you trying to tell me that I was backtracking. Look at your 4th point and then talk to me about "backtracking."

Hypocrisy is a b*tch, huh? haermm

Superherovandal
actually i think KK getting jacked in the face was from the one time he was hit by Bruce when he was surprised. Hey even the best get surprised once in a while. Plus he got hit by Bats. That's gotta hurt. But it didn't seem like he had another hit on him at all. Bruce got one surprise hit and KK owned him the rest of the way.

batdude123
Originally posted by Superherovandal
actually i think KK got jacked in the face the one time he was hit by Bruce when he was surprised. Hey even the best get surprised once in a while.

If anything, Karate Kid was the one with the surprise attack considering he tried to knock him out from behind. Bruce then blocked the chop and decked him.

That wasn't a surprise attack on Val at all.

Validus
It's not a surprise attack when both participants know whats going on.

Blair Wind
no but its an unfair fight when was just woke up from a coma like sleep, barely knew who he was, and when in his Trident form he didnt know how to fight at all erm

Besides, KK is a (15?) level fighter, and Batman is a (12?)

On topic KK wins. Always

Superherovandal
Okay i reread it now. Yeah it wasn't really a surprise but still Bats got one hit in and KK ripped his suit, broke his helmet which obviously is reinforced as it has to protect the computer in it as well as his head, gave him a hernia, and take off his belt (which Bruce only knows how to take off) KK was wayyy the better.

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no but its an unfair fight when was just woke up from a coma like sleep, barely knew who he was, and when in his Trident form he didnt know how to fight at all erm

However, Karate Kid was the one who attacked Bruce in the first place.

Superherovandal
still like i said he only got one hit in and payed for it. see my above post. thats what happened to Batfart.

Validus
I don't disagree, Kevin.

BTW, your name is Kevin now.

Blair Wind
I don't disagree, Kevin.

BTW, your name is Kevin now.

Chris. Not Kevin no expression

batdude123
Okay i reread it now. Yeah it wasn't really a surprise but still Bats got one hit in and KK ripped his suit, broke his helmet which obviously is reinforced as it has to protect the computer in it as well as his head, gave him a hernia, and take off his belt (which Bruce only knows how to take off) KK was wayyy the better.

Huh?

That was the only shot shown on panel in the entire fight.

It's folly to believe Batman only landed that one strike when you look at KK's clothes and other marks on his face.

batdude123
still like i said he only got one hit in and payed for it. see my above post. thats what happened to Batfart.

What makes you think that was the only shot Batman got in?

That was the only shot shown on panel throughout the entire fight... for either of them.

Validus
Chris. Not Kevin no expression
That works too.

batdude123
That works too.

How about Victor?

Superherovandal
So...he only looked hurt on his face..sure he had tattered clothes but that doesn't mean that Bats hurt him at all. If anything Batman looked worse he had scratches on his face, his armored mask was split into two and KK had given him a hernia and stolen his belt.

Validus
How about Victor?
Juntai is Victor.

batdude123
So...he only looked hurt on his face..sure he had tattered clothes but that doesn't mean that Bats hurt him at all. If anything Batman looked worse he had scratches on his face, his armored mask was split into two and KK had given him a hernia and stolen his belt.

Bats had one tiny scratch on his face at the end of the match.

His belt being stolen, his mask being split, etc. means shit. That's about as useful as KK's clothes being torn up.

Karate Kid looked like he took more than one shot to the face, considering he had a black eye, a bloody mouth, nose, and cheek.

And the "hernia" did absolutely nothing.

In the end neither looked over superior to the other.

tkitna
Batman not being defeated by KK in a few panels or less is worse than Spiderman/Firelord. I cant believe somebody had the balls to write that.

Board Walker
The fact KK was ambushed also is ridiculous.

batdude123
Originally posted by tkitna
Batman not being defeated by KK in a few panels or less is worse than Spiderman/Firelord. I cant believe somebody had the balls to write that.

Kinda like Batman hurting Wonder Woman with a pressure point strike, turning Captain Marvel into Billy Batson with one kick, knocking out Solomon Grundy with three hits, making the Spectre bleed with a batkick, or kicking the crap out of white martians?

ermm

tkitna
Kinda like Batman hurting Wonder Woman with a pressure point strike, turning Captain Marvel into Billy Batson with one kick, knocking out Solomon Grundy with three hits, making the Spectre bleed with a batkick, or kicking the crap out of white martians?

ermm

Well,,,,,,,,yes. What you posted is almost as bad as the KK fight.

I see you like Batman a good bit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Originally posted by tkitna
Well,,,,,,,,yes. What you posted is almost as bad as the KK fight.

I see you like Batman a good bit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, and I forgot one-punching Hal Jordan too.

ermmhappy

King_Mungi
Don't forget Robin beating Hal as well smile

Alfheim

ermm

So you dont have a problem with Bats doing the above. You dont see it as PIS?

lifeisaglich
Just so I remind everyone and myself that his is a kk vs. cap fight and not batman vs kk.

Anyway what I wanted to say is that KK lost the fight minute he took the belt and put it on his shoulder. If BL did not shock him batman would have.

Batman is smart enough (notice how I did not say his martial arts is equal or greater than kk) to go a few a rounds with kk and pull off a few wins. Due to him being a smarter.

Superherovandal
KK is too good to be outfought or outstrategized by Batman. or Captain America for that matter... If BL hadn't been awake Batman woulda received a whoopin' like no tommorow

batdude123
KK is too good to be outfought or outstrategized by Batman. or Captain America for that matter... If BL hadn't been awake Batman woulda received a whoopin' like no tommorow

Yeah... Karate Kid sure as hell didn't look like he was owning Bruce at all.

srankmissingnin

This really isn't that out of line with how Karate Kid has been depicted since Legion rebooted in '04. He has, what, one impressive feat since then? A Karnak-esq "find the weakness" in a ice encased building type deal but other that he hasn't really even done anything... in fact I think he was even bet up by some security guards with low level tp. Nothing that Karate Kid did before the 2004 reboot matters any more, it isn't who this character is and it is not in line with what he his capable of. Maybe he is still a better fighter then Batman or Captain America (he probably is) but not to the point where they can't give him a fight.

jinzin
does anyone have scans of the batman kk thing? I'd looooove to see this. lol.

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/02-03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/06.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/07.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/08.jpg

jinzin
lol.. batman's the shit... smile

Deathstroke
Hopefully we'll get some more KK action in the next JLA to better gauge what level he's on.

Validus
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

This really isn't that out of line with how Karate Kid has been depicted since Legion rebooted in '04. He has, what, one impressive feat since then? A Karnak-esq "find the weakness" in a ice encased building type deal but other that he hasn't really even done anything... in fact I think he was even bet up by some security guards with low level tp. Nothing that Karate Kid did before the 2004 reboot matters any more, it isn't who this character is and it is not in line with what he his capable of. Maybe he is still a better fighter then Batman or Captain America (he probably is) but not to the point where they can't give him a fight.
Except the Karate Kid in JLA isn't the same Karate Kid from the current Legion reboot.

Validus
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Anyway what I wanted to say is that KK lost the fight minute he took the belt and put it on his shoulder. If BL did not shock him batman would have.
Umm, what? Where do people on this forum come with this kind of stuff? God damn this place sucks.

Tazer
Yo.

Oh, and I forgot one-punching Hal Jordan too.

ermmhappy

of course, that was *after* Hal had silenced him w/a punch.

Tazer

Validus
How is it one punching someone if the person being punched isn't KO'd? Uhh yeah, he punched Hal once and accomplished nothing other than getting even. Big shit.

Tazer
Yo.

using.......wat?? surely nothing in his belt.

Batman is smart enough (notice how I did not say his martial arts is equal or greater than kk) to go a few a rounds with kk and pull off a few wins. Due to him being a smarter.

if yur equating "smart enuff" with "calling in help", then sure.

the SMARTEST move would be to haul ass tho, since its obvious he'd lose badly.

Tazer

lifeisaglich
Ahh come on....this place rules

Using..... wat?? the belt it self... bat's belt can discharge a surplus amount of electricity up to 200,000 volts.

Nope....not even close. KK taking batman's belt and slapping it on his shoulder was not a good move. and besides they are in the batcave...there would have been a number of different ways for bat's to stop kk, had BL not come into play.

FOOM
After seeing the scans posted by srankmissing ninja, I have to say some of you guys draw alot of conclusions from very little evidence.

Draco69
Originally posted by FOOM
After seeing the scans posted by srankmissing ninja, I have to say some of you guys draw alot of conclusions from very little evidence.

1) He was amensiac. He was not at his best.

2) Batman had help.

3) Batman "admitted" KK was better when he deflected the question by Black Lightening of how poorly he fought in comparision to KK.

4) Please shut the f**k up, noob!!

laughing

Juntai
When did number 3 take place?

And for the hand2hand segment, Batman had no help. The KO did come with help, but people are speaking directly of their confrontation.

Tazer
Yo.

Using..... wat?? the belt it self... bat's belt can discharge a surplus amount of electricity up to 200,000 volts.

not surprised, but can Bats fire the charge off w/o touching the belt??

Nope....not even close. KK taking batman's belt and slapping it on his shoulder was not a good move. and besides they are in the batcave...there would have been a number of different ways for bat's to stop kk, had BL not come into play.

using a Bat-trick....maybe. NONE of them involve beating him in a h2h-match.

of course, being a quick tactician Val wisely figured that removing said belt severely truncated his options.....

Tazer

Joey Stacks
laughing out loud

Where did you see coughing? His mouth was agape and his eyes were wide open. Nothing that looked like a coughing motion. He screamed.

How exactly is this any better than you saying Bruce tattered Karate Kid's clothing? Wow, what a f*ckin' double standard, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

It means absolutely dick in the overall scheme of things.

While the rest of your post is nothing but garbage I'll address these two.

1.) It was not a scream, a sound didn't come out of his lips, only blood, hence the cough and let's not foregt

He also coughed out blood in the end.

wink

2.) Explain how you block/deflect shots from Bats without getting your clothes tattered when you're only a human with human stats?

Superherovandal
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/sf014.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=59396
Bruce basically interrupted BL cause he wanted to change the subject from how badly he was about to get owned. And he coughed up blood in the end cause BL shocked him not from Bruce's hits.

srankmissingnin
http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/sf014.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=59396
Bruce basically interrupted BL cause he wanted to change the subject from how badly he was about to get owned. And he coughed up blood in the end cause BL shocked him not from Bruce's hits.

All BL says is he split Bruces cowl... there is no mention of an owning, or even a hint that one was on the way.

What makes you think it was Bruce who said "We need to find out who he is"? There were at least three other people in the room who weren't Batman, and he was already pretty clear on the fact that he thought it was Val.

Superherovandal
All the damage on KK you see on his body is one black eye. Bruce was wors off.

lifeisaglich
I suppose you did not see the trident uniform that kk was wearing? Its just a guess.

lifeisaglich
The belt has been shown to discharge while batman is unconscious. So I suppose he could have voice command... a switch on the belt itself or a switch in his gloves.

I see using a trick to confuse or course kk to lose concentration then could then move in and take kk out by h2h.

Removing said belt and placing it over his shoulders not a very wise move. Batman is also a tactician for all we know batman probably let kk take the belt.

batdude123
While the rest of your post is nothing but garbage I'll address these two.

Is it garbage because you can't rebut against it, or because you're just too damn lazy?

2.) Explain how you block/deflect shots from Bats without getting your clothes tattered when you're only a human with human stats?

Except he DID get his clothes tattered... nice try though.

King KAM
CHECK ALL MY PREVIOUS POSTS on KK....

I SAID IT!!!! I SAID HIS CHIN WAS GLASS!!!!

Tazer
Yo.

The belt has been shown to discharge while batman is unconscious. So I suppose he could have voice command... a switch on the belt itself or a switch in his gloves.

if it went off while Bats was unconscious, whered U get the idea it had VOICE-COMMAND from?!??

Id be willing to buy that something got pressed which shouldnt have been.....

I see using a trick to confuse or course kk to lose concentration then could then move in and take kk out by h2h.

yea......not gonna happen. Id bet the farm KK has better concentration than Bats himself.

Removing said belt and placing it over his shoulders not a very wise move. Batman is also a tactician for all we know batman probably let kk take the belt.

granted, its an arguement. but just by looking at that pic, I dont get *that* feelin', but the opposite.

Tazer

batdude123
Originally posted by King KAM
CHECK ALL MY PREVIOUS POSTS on KK....

I SAID IT!!!! I SAID HIS CHIN WAS GLASS!!!!

But at the same time, Captain America doesn't have the advantage of being the goddamn Batman.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tazer

Id be willing to buy that something got pressed which shouldnt have been.....

The thug only touched a general spot on the abdomen of his suit.

I doubt there's a specific button or whatever one has to touch in order to get electrocuted.

King KAM
But at the same time, Captain America doesn't have the advantage of being the goddamn Batman. yeah your right he doesnt, in anything pshyical, or fight related, Cap's his superior.

batdude123
yeah your right he doesnt, in anything pshyical, or fight related, Cap's his superior.

How Bruce is seen on KMC is vastly different from how he's written in comics.

Batkicking the Spectre anyone?

Yeah...

Captain America is not the goddamn Batman.

Steve gets... or should I say, WOULD get wrecked by KK. evil face

King KAM
How Bruce is seen on KMC is vastly different from how he's written in comics.

Yeah...

Captain America is not the goddamn Batman.

Steve gets... or should I say, WOULD get wrecked by KK. evil face he kicked the spectre... whos powers vary....

Steve Dropped King Thor...

batdude123
he kicked the spectre... whos powers vary....

Steve Dropped King Thor...

His powers vary, correct... but not low enough to be compared to King Thor for God's sake. laughing out loud

King KAM
His powers vary, correct... but not low enough to be compared to King Thor for God's sake. laughing out loud spectre has never taken over the world... king thor dide

batdude123
spectre has never taken over the world... king thor dide

laughing out loud Are you kidding me?

Earth is shit to Spectre

No, he hasn't taken over Earth, but Spectre has remade the multiverse, and in a hostless state pwned the crap out of every magical being in DC.

Comparable? Not in the slightest.

lifeisaglich
Where I got the idea from? try batman's books...if I did not read it there I would not be getting those ideas. Ofcourse the voice command is just me speculating which I might add is not so far off.

Well that is where I completely disagree with you...He got knock out by BL even if that blast did not knock kk out do you really think he would be able to put a good defense or offense against batman?

Yea there isn't much for me to say here then....except placing that belt on his shoulders was not a good move. And I am willing to bet that belt kk put on his shoulder would have lead to batman winning if the fight continued without any interruption.

Alfheim

Yeah...

Isnt Spectre supposed to be an abstract? Hwo did that happen unless the Spectre allowed it?

MERCILOUS
Anyone think Kid could break Cap's shield?

Symmetric Chaos
No

MERCILOUS
Are you sure? it is one of his powers, you know... the power to break stuff...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Are you sure? it is one of his powers, you know... the power to break stuff...

The shield is made of Vibranium. It can't be broken no matter what you do to it since it would absorb the energy of the blow.

Tazer
Yo.

The thug only touched a general spot on the abdomen of his suit.

I doubt there's a specific button or whatever one has to touch in order to get electrocuted.

then its an arguable point either way, since all we apparently know is that his belt is booby-trappd, but not exactly how its set off.

Tazer

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The shield is made of Vibranium. It can't be broken no matter what you do to it since it would absorb the energy of the blow.

actually it's a vibranium adamantium alloy, and it's been broken before.

Alfheim
actually it's a vibranium adamantium alloy, and it's been broken before.

Yeah by Skyfather level + characters. roll eyes (sarcastic) SO no KK aint breaking Caps shield.

Earth is shit to Spectre

Furthermore if earth is so shit how comes Batman still kicked him. Batman is from earth and hes not the most powerful super hero is he?

MERCILOUS
skyfather+? names, i demand names. and kk breaks stuff, and kkk hates stuff.

Alfheim
skyfather+? names, i demand names. and kk breaks stuff, and kkk hates stuff.

Dr Doom with beyonders power...he was so powerful when he fell asleep it affected the universe. Theres King Thor who was as powerful as Odin at the time.

Martian_mind
KK one-shots the planet their on.

Then,when the vacuum of space stops him from breathing,he one shots it to put it in it's place and goes home.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Alfheim
Dr Doom with beyonders power...he was so powerful when he fell asleep it affected the universe. Theres King Thor who was as powerful as Odin at the time.
i could have sworn it was broken by less than that the first time... i dunno i may have been mistaken (although i doubt it).

Alfheim
i could have sworn it was broken by less than that the first time... i dunno i may have been mistaken (although i doubt it).

I think its PIS that King Thor broke it. Its usually people more powerful than that.

Martian_mind
I think its PIS that King Thor broke it. Its usually people more powerful than that.

But do those people ever show effort in doing it?

Alfheim
There you go

Originally posted by Galan007
The only force(s) to date, which were capable of destroying Cap's shield are...

Molecule Man:
http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/1002561/sh1.jpg

Klaw, (amped by Beyonder's power):
http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/1002564/sh5.jpg

Doctor Doom, (amped by Beyonder's power):
http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1002565/sh3.jpg

Thanos /w/ IG:
http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/1002562/sh2.jpg

King Thor:
http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1002566/sh4.jpg

Originally posted by Martian_mind
But do those people ever show effort in doing it?

Well you can see for yourself now. All these people as far as I know ere amped. I dont think they tried that hard but they were pretty powerful...like I said Dr Doom had to try not to fall asleep because if he did he might destroy the universe.

Juntai
Karate Kid wins.

MERCILOUS
ok alfheim, you've been very helpful, you've convinced me that kk could not break cap's shield, which in my eyes gives cap a chance at this. my guess it would break down to who ever makes the first mistake, or whoever gets tired first.

Juntai
spectre has never taken over the world... king thor dide Are you comparing King Thor to Spectre?
laughing

Juntai
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

All BL says is he split Bruces cowl... there is no mention of an owning, or even a hint that one was on the way.

What makes you think it was Bruce who said "We need to find out who he is"? There were at least three other people in the room who weren't Batman, and he was already pretty clear on the fact that he thought it was Val. Yeah, someone said "We need to find out who he is?", While BATMAN, already knows who it is, having looked it up on the Fortress' files already. lol.

Skeets
Isnt Spectre supposed to be an abstract? Hwo did that happen unless the Spectre allowed it?
It's Batman.You can't touch Spectre physically,he's a ghost.
The way I see it is that Batman kicked Crispus Allen not the Spectre,but that doesn't make much sense either as Allen's a ghost too...ermmnone

Juntai
Originally posted by Skeets
It's Batman.You can't touch Spectre physically,he's a ghost.
The way I see it is that Batman kicked Crispus Allen not the Spectre,but that doesn't make much sense either as Allen's a ghost too...ermmnone Yeah, he had to allow it. He's only physical at all when he wishes to be. Notice how no one in the entire series can see him at all unless he wants them to.

Skeets
Shit not even Superman can touch him,but Bruce can..haermm

Alfheim
Originally posted by Juntai
Yeah, he had to allow it. He's only physical at all when he wishes to be. Notice how no one in the entire series can see him at all unless he wants them to.

Ah there you go.

ok alfheim, you've been very helpful, you've convinced me that kk could not break cap's shield, which in my eyes gives cap a chance at this. my guess it would break down to who ever makes the first mistake, or whoever gets tired first.

Whoa, whats going on here??? Your not supposed to agree with me your supposed to in despite of all the evidence call me a douche bag and a fanboy!!!

Sorry I need to sit down I cant take this...he thinks ive been helpful

Tazer
Yo.

Where I got the idea from? try batman's books...if I did not read it there I would not be getting those ideas. Ofcourse the voice command is just me speculating which I might add is not so far off.

ahhh, so then U cant actually say 1 way or the other correct? fine, I can work with speculation, as long as its stated to be such, but I still wanna know just wat good a vocal commanded belt would do for a person whos not able to speak to activate it.......

Well that is where I completely disagree with you...He got knock out by BL even if that blast did not knock kk out do you really think he would be able to put a good defense or offense against batman?

wat has getting blasted by BL have to do w/KKs concentration??

and yes, I think KK, having been blasted by FAR WORSE (and remaining conscious) teaming w/the LSH, has a good chance of still holding a def-posture if he not simply ktfo'd and Bats comes in for the win.

of course his chances drop no question.

Yea there isn't much for me to say here then....except placing that belt on his shoulders was not a good move. And I am willing to bet that belt kk put on his shoulder would have lead to batman winning if the fight continued without any interruption.

personally, if it HAD been then I think Bats would likely have used it b4 BL even woke up, since he was still on the losing end of a fight I dont see him prolonging any beating if he could set the trap off and end it......unless he didnt think that 200k charge would be enuff to knock KK out. wink laughing

Tazer

Soljer

Sorry I need to sit down I cant take this...he thinks ive been helpful

You were.

And now you're acting like a douche.

Joey Stacks
Is it garbage because you can't rebut against it, or because you're just too damn lazy?

Except he DID get his clothes tattered... nice try though.

No because it's laughable garbage. You're comparing Karate Kid giving Batman a hernia, splittling his mask in two, putting a noticable kick into his chest and blowing holes through his cape to Bats tattering his clothes and giving him a few knicks and bruises and saying they came out equals while writing off the fact that Karate Kid was damn near mocking him at the end (and that's ignoring the backtracking and defensive smileys).

Trash.

Btw nice ignoring the point (being how can someone with normal human stats deflect blows from someone as strong and, most notably, skilled as Bats without get his clothes tattered).

lifeisaglich
Of course I did say the voice command thing was just me speculating but there isn't much for you to say about batman activating the belt though a switch in his gloves. I read this in a nightwing book where batman is telling nightwing how he has upgraded stuff in the batcave.
So yeah kk lost the minute he put the belt on his shoulders.

Batman does not have to be unconscious for the belt to activate from what I understand the belt also activates if batman is unable to defend himself. I know it is very vague, we could all interpret that to mean allot of different things.

Well this is basically it batman winning though a plot device. And had the fight continued that belt on kk shoulders would have been that plot device.

Well personally, I think he wanted to see how kk was compared to him since as Clark listed kk as a class 15 fighter and batman as a class 12. Now if batman had activated the belt before BL woke up he would never know now would he. wink smile At least now he knows that this kk kid gots some mad moves.

Tazer
Yo.

Of course I did say the voice command thing was just me speculating but there isn't much for you to say about batman activating the belt though a switch in his gloves. I read this in a nightwing book where batman is telling nightwing how he has upgraded stuff in the batcave.
So yeah kk lost the minute he put the belt on his shoulders.

hey, Im not saying he couldnt have done wat U claim equip-wise, but a vocal cmd wouldnt help him if he were unconscious now would it? and while I dont doubt that Bats made such a statement, it matters little since we saw *none of it* represented in this fight.

so yea the belt is, and was, a non-factor for this fight.

Batman does not have to be unconscious for the belt to activate from what I understand the belt also activates if batman is unable to defend himself. I know it is very vague, we could all interpret that to mean allot of different things.

proof? got a direct quote or issue number so it can be verified beyond "what you understand"??

Well this is basically it batman winning though a plot device. And had the fight continued that belt on kk shoulders would have been that plot device.

but....Bats DIDNT WIN thru plot device. technically, Bats didnt win at all. the only thing Bats did was remain standing while his opponent fell to the floor due to outside interferrence......and he was still conscious even then.

but even assuming we hold back Jeff from rescuing Bats from that ass-whupping being handed to him U'd still have to show that KK couldnt handle 200k volts.

Well personally, I think he wanted to see how kk was compared to him since as Clark listed kk as a class 15 fighter and batman as a class 12. Now if batman had activated the belt before BL woke up he would never know now would he. wink smile At least now he knows that this kk kid gots some mad moves.

I can agree w/that, but I remain unconvinced the belt would be an issue.

Tazer

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>