Underestimated characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
Since there's an overpowered character thread, I figured I could do something a little different and make this.

Are there any particular characters that doesn't get as much credit as it should? Brag away I made up a little list of some of the characters I think are underestimated. Bad guys or good guys, doesn't matter.

Havok
- He's not just a powerhouse, but also a pretty competent leader. He's the nexus of all realities after all, hehe.

Ozymandis
- He's a real schemer, great when it comes to thinking of tactics. He also has some pretty impressive powers as well.

Super Skrull
- This guy is very creative when it comes to using his powers and I think he has some pretty good showings after Annihilation. Feats that should put him on the same line as Hulk smile

Terrax
- People always refer to him as the weaker Herald, when in my opinion he's one of the stronger ones. He has the power cosmic, in addition to his pretty powerful earth manipulation powers.

That's all I have for now.

Board Walker
Batman

CasanoVa
Jesus.

He pwned.

Priest
Superman

Avalonofthewind
Mighty Mouse.

http://www.procolharum.com/tn+sq/mightymouse.gif

jasonk3
STORM ! no expression

grey fox
Wasp

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by jasonk3
STORM ! no expression
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/clown_penis.jpg

grey fox
Sue Storm

The womans potentially one of the most dangerous street levelers and she STILL takes crap from Reed ?

Bullshit

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by grey fox
Sue Storm

The womans potentially one of the most dangerous street levelers and she STILL takes crap from Reed ?

Bullshit

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/susanshutup.png

stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/susanshutup.png

stick out tongue

Yeah , every time that bastard would try that on me

BAM

Force bubble in the stomach !

jasonk3

Batman is underestimated

Symmetric Chaos
Taskmaster. The guy really deserves a comic where he goes nuts and tears through every martial artist in Marvel.

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Taskmaster. The guy really deserves a comic where he goes nuts and tears through every martial artist in Marvel.

I agree and don't like the way he was portrayed in the civil war either. It just didn't seem like him, those few moments he got in the spotlight.

Btw, did you read the Agent X comics? He starred in a couple of those.

Sparkz
Almost all of Spider-man's original rouge gallery seem to be under estimated, yes I know Shocker for example looks stupid but he has shown to be pretty powerful sometimes, granted he has suffered from being stupid to depends who is writing him I guess, same for electro, Kraven, Scorpion, Vulture etc yes these guys aren't powerhouses but they aren't exactly jokes like people around KMC seem to believe, and I know I'm gonna get moaned at for saying all that but I don't care stick out tongue

capt it up
Originally posted by Sparkz
Almost all of Spider-man's original rouge gallery seem to be under estimated, yes I know Shocker for example looks stupid but he has shown to be pretty powerful sometimes, granted he has suffered from being stupid to depends who is writing him I guess, same for electro, Kraven, Scorpion, Vulture etc yes these guys aren't powerhouses but they aren't exactly jokes like people around KMC seem to believe, and I know I'm gonna get moaned at for saying all that but I don't care stick out tongue

come on vulture.......even spiderman has stated he knows he lame........even MJ makes fun of peter about vulture giving him trouble.........vulture really is just a dumb looking bad guy.........and really no threat factor

masterbruce
Originally posted by capt it up
come on vulture.......even spiderman has stated he knows he lame........even MJ makes fun of peter about vulture giving him trouble.........vulture really is just a dumb looking bad guy.........and really no threat factor

Wolverine is underestimated embarrasment

capt it up
Originally posted by masterbruce
Wolverine is underestimated embarrasment
by many on the forums yes.

capt it up
black widow's underestimated.

Badabing
Rhino.

masterbruce
by many on the forums yes.

yeah, it's kinda sad

I watch Pokemon
Rorschach.

jasonk3
Originally posted by Badabing
Rhino.

Sparkz

Just because a character is lame dosn't mean he isn't underestimated stick out tongue

capt it up
Just because a character is lame dosn't mean he isn't underestimated stick out tongue
come on man he does not even have powers. all he can do is fly and he sucks at fighting. Him beign a threat to spiderman is rediculous lol

Sparkz
come on man he does not even have powers. all he can do is fly and he sucks at fighting. Him beign a threat to spiderman is rediculous lol

He has super strength...sometimes...ok I confess I have been reading to much 1960's Spider-man...

capt it up
He has super strength...sometimes...ok I confess I have been reading to much 1960's Spider-man...
I new it ahahaha .

Sparkz
I new it ahahaha .

It makes Vulture surprisingly good lol

Endless Mike
Absorbing man. If he was smarter he could be a very serious threat

WorldWarHulk
Superman.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Check out Earth X absorbing man. He was kicking the shit out of most of Marvel Earth. big grin

Faceman
Mar-Vell

llagrok
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Absorbing man, is no more smile

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok
Absorbing man, is no more smile

That scene heavily implied that he was going to comeback.

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That scene heavily implied that he was going to comeback.

Who knows. Even if it had been completely beyond the realm of possibility that he'd return, some idiot will ignore what happened and just bring him back.

Redatom65
http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/01-04/0123_captain_kangaroo.jpg

His Airness
Let me see...

Surfer
Thor
Superman
Thanos
Wolverine
etc

llagrok
Originally posted by His Airness
Let me see...

Surfer
Thor
Superman
Thanos
Wolverine
etc

Why do you feel that Superman is underestimated? smile

shksprtx
Sasquatch's strength is consistently underrated, despite numerous feats...

Marveldirectory.com lists him in the 70-Ton class, which I might point out is lower than Box, who is listed in the 85-Ton class...I cry bull-manure on that one...

Sasquatch has more and better strength feats than any incarnation of Box, as well as better feats than a number of characters who are rated above him in strength...

llagrok
Originally posted by shksprtx
Sasquatch's strength is consistently underrated, despite numerous feats...

Marveldirectory.com lists him in the 70-Ton class, which I might point out is lower than Box, who is listed in the 85-Ton class...I cry bull-manure on that one...

Sasquatch has more and better strength feats than any incarnation of Box, as well as better feats than a number of characters who are rated above him in strength...

What do you think of the Sabretooth limited comics? Sabes defeated Sasquatch without too much trouble. I think the writer there did a poor job of depicting Sasquatch and his strength.

Disappear
Who knows. Even if it had been completely beyond the realm of possibility that he'd return, some idiot will ignore what happened and just bring him back.

how did he even come back from being a mass-distributed designer drug?

llagrok
Originally posted by Disappear
how did he even come back from being a mass-distributed designer drug?

Let's not speak of it.

hotmelody99
medusa, the inhuman...severly underrated

Starhawk
Onslaught, next people are going to say Toad can beat him.

llagrok
Originally posted by hotmelody99
medusa, the inhuman...severly underrated

She's pretty attractive too smile

Disappear
earth x medusa, in particular. ungh.

Badabing
Originally posted by Redatom65
http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/01-04/0123_captain_kangaroo.jpg The Captain! eek!

WorldWarHulk
Thing.

shksprtx
What do you think of the Sabretooth limited comics? Sabes defeated Sasquatch without too much trouble. I think the writer there did a poor job of depicting Sasquatch and his strength.

I haven't seen the series, but knowing what I do about both Sas and Sabes, I'd say it's a major case of PIS...

Alfheim
Punisher he used to be pretty tough. He almost killed DD in their first encounters in other fights you see him getting pawned.

llagrok
Originally posted by Alfheim
Punisher he used to be pretty tough. He almost killed DD in their first encounters in other fights you see him getting pawned.

In one of his comics he almost killed Wolverine and like 50 dwarfs with guns. When Wolverine got him back though it was hinted at that Punisher is a homosexual.

Alfheim
In one of his comics he almost killed Wolverine and like 50 dwarfs with guns. When Wolverine got him back though it was hinted at that Punisher is a homosexual.

Did Bendis write it?

llagrok
Did Bendis write it?

Nope.

Faceman
masterbruce.

Board Walker
superman

{{QS}}
Shadowcat
Quasar

SpunkySmurph
Black Bolt
Elektra
Black Widow
Quasar
Daredevil
Kingpin
Black Bolt
Bullseye
Nick Fury
Falcon
Domino
Black Bolt
Mr. Terrific
Black Bolt.

llagrok
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Black Bolt
Elektra
Black Widow
Quasar
Daredevil
Kingpin
Black Bolt
Bullseye
Nick Fury
Falcon
Domino
Black Bolt
Mr. Terrific
Black Bolt.

You forgot Black Bolt wink

Falcon is an interesting choice. I personally think that he's overestimated, want to debate? ^^

His Airness
Black Bolt, GL's...

StyleTime
Thunder(Anissa).
Standard Gambit.

Alfheim
Nope.

Ok what issue was it?

Hercules
Rage imo.

First apearence hes bowling past She Hulk and Thor to get to Cap.

Later in another Avengers issue hes seen Benching with Herc and Herc comments on his strength (Hercules gets distracted while spotting later and Rage actually gets up in his face)

Then we get the reveal that hes 13, gets put on reserve status and joins the Warriors and promptly turns into a wuss!

He even got stabbed by a normal human with a shard of metal!

New Warriors ruined Rage imo.

Hercules
edit.

llagrok
http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-Vol-Business-Usual/dp/customer-reviews/0785110143

Although it's quite possible that Bendis wrote the one where it's hinted that punisher might be gay. Wouldn't surprise me.

Psyquis52
Darkhawk. Seriously. He is.

Alfheim
http://www.amazon.com/Punisher-Vol-Business-Usual/dp/customer-reviews/0785110143

Although it's quite possible that Bendis wrote the one where it's hinted that punisher might be gay. Wouldn't surprise me.

**** sorry didnt mean Bendis, I meant Ennis that means nobody will take the writing serioulsy.

Ha Ha Wolverine gets beatdown in it. laughing

llagrok
**** sorry didnt mean Bendis, I meant Ennis that means nobody will take the writing serioulsy.

Ha Ha Wolverine gets beatdown in it. laughing

Yeah, Punisher blows his face away.

It has a lot of midget killing in it, good comic big grin

Alfheim
Yeah, Punisher blows his face away.

It has a lot of midget killing in it, good comic big grin

Ah actually ive seen that one. no expression

llagrok
Ah actually ive seen that one. no expression

The Wolverine comic where they fight is just stupid. Wolverine cuts Frank tons of times, and he's not even injured by it. You'd think he was the one with the healing factor big grin

Alfheim
The Wolverine comic where they fight is just stupid. Wolverine cuts Frank tons of times, and he's not even injured by it. You'd think he was the one with the healing factor big grin

Meh. I mean at any rate Frank has almost killed DD and could have killed Cap once it could be argued Einnis is just making Frank as good as he used to be. It could be argued that Frank moved so that Wolverines cuts did not do full damage. Frank has also had a non Einnis fight with Wolverine where he was doing pretty well. Unfortuantely though there are other Frank showings where its shows he would not be fast enough to evade Wolverines blades.

Martian_mind
Jason Todd

llagrok
Meh. I mean at any rate Frank has almost killed DD and could have killed Cap once it could be argued Einnis is just making Frank as good as he used to be. It could be argued that Frank moved so that Wolverines cuts did not do full damage. Frank has also had a non Einnis fight with Wolverine where he was doing pretty well. Unfortuantely though there are other Frank showings where its shows he would not be fast enough to evade Wolverines blades.

I think both of them are fully capable of killing each other. In my opinion it's all about who's trying to kill who. Frank definitely has what it takes and the necessary equipment to kill Wolverine. Wolvie is a trained assassin and so on.

They're both great killers smile

And yes, Punisher has been underestimated a lot.

capt it up
frank should not even be able to contend with wolverine.

I know the non ennis fight your refferring two and it was as stupid as ennis run if not worse. They some how forgot logans strength level.......they forgot his powers.........and they made him an idiot.......not to mention his senses would work and then not work........which was even dumber

Alfheim

And yes, Punisher has been underestimated a lot.

Im glad somebody else agrees. roll eyes (sarcastic)

frank should not even be able to contend with wolverine.

I know the non ennis fight your refferring two and it was as stupid as ennis run if not worse. They some how forgot logans strength level.......they forgot his powers.........and they made him an idiot.......not to mention his senses would work and then not work........which was even dumber

Well considering he could have killed Cap and almost killed DD. I dont see why not. Furthermore there was another fight which Frank had with Wolvie were he did quite well....but the fight got broken up.

Hell he could have killed Spiderman on a couple of occassions.

capt it up
im sorry but it the truth. Logna out does him in ever area........it rediculous that punisher can even handle him........I can see fighting capt because well capt does not have a healing factor but even then if capt wanted to he shoudl really have no problem evdaing the bullets.........

capt it up
Im glad somebody else agrees. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well considering he could have killed Cap and almost killed DD. I dont see why not. Furthermore there was another fight which Frank had with Wolvie were he did quite well....but the fight got broken up.

Hell he could have killed Spiderman on a couple of occassions.
I know that fight I own it and it was dumber the the ennis fights......

Alfheim
i but even then if capt wanted to he shoudl really have no problem evdaing the bullets.........

Yeah but thats not what happened. Cap caught Frank by suprise, Frank threw Cap over his shoulder with an MA move. Then Cap threw his shield at Frank, Frank deflected the shield and caught it with his feet. Cap was without his shield. Considering Frank evaded a suprise attak from cap I dont see why he couldnt have shot him.

Furthermore Frank has shot Spiderman before and has pinned Spiderman to the wall with a knife. So he cant shot Cap?

I know that fight I own it and it was dumber the the ennis fights......

Oh I see Einnis is crap, anything with Frank doing well is crap as well?

capt it up
alf are you really that big of a fanboy..........to actually think he has any chance of taking wolverine or spiderman..........im sorry but at best he could win once out of tena nd thats been kind...........

capt it up
Yeah but thats not what happened. Cap caught Frank by suprise, Frank threw Cap over his shoulder with an MA move. Then Cap threw his shield at Frank, Frank deflected the shield and caught it with his feet. Cap was without his shield. Considering Frank evaded a suprise attak from cap I dont see why he couldnt have shot him.

Furthermore Frank has shot Spiderman before and has pinned Spiderman to the wall with a knife. So he cant shot Cap?
im sorry do bullets go faster now when frank shoots them........

also ive seen the one were he shoots spiderman and spiderman in experienced and a novice. ya frank should really be able to pinn spiderman who about 100 times his strength aginst a wall........I bet you think frank should have been able to put spiderman in a head lock too.......

Alfheim
alf are you really that big of a fanboy..........to actually think he has any chance of taking wolverine or spiderman..........im sorry but at best he could win once out of tena nd thats been kind...........

Oh shut up for **** sake. You do know Frank has shot Spiderman before, right. You do know Frank has pinned Spiderman to the wall with a knife right?

capt it up

Oh I see Einnis is crap, anything with Frank doing well is crap as well?
yes ennis is crap he always has been. There a reaosn no one cares what ennis writes when concern other heros becuase he known for his bias ways and he known for righting punisher up and writting every oen else like morron and they all lose there powers for some reason........

capt it up
Oh shut up for **** sake. You do know Frank has shot Spiderman before, right. You do know Frank has pinned Spiderman to the wall with a knife right?
dude your a huge rabid fan boy it so rediculous I can't even understand how you can be some dumb.

yes he hit a novice spiderman once.......and he pinnd spdierman to a wal with a knife even though spidermans 100 times his strength..............

llagrok
I think that Wolverine would win if they met "gladiator" style and fought in an arena or like they did in the comics. However, I think it's possible that Frank could assassinate him/kill an oblivious Wolverine. However, Frank's weapons are pretty amazing and so is his aim. So despite the fact that Wolverine's physically superior, Frank has a shot.

Please, let's not argue.

Alfheim
im sorry do bullets go faster now when frank shoots them........

Yeah because his reflexes and accuracy are better than other shooters. If two atheletes set off at the sametime but one has faster reflexes. The one with fatser reflexes is going to go further when the its time to start the same applies with bullets.

also ive seen the one were he shoots spiderman and spiderman in experienced and a novice.

So he still has superhuman reflexes.

ya frank should really be able to pinn spiderman who about 100 times his strength aginst a wall.

Well you can argue about getting pinned but there is nothing to say he should not be accurate enough for him to hit Spiderman where he did with the knife.

.......I bet you think frank should have been able to put spiderman in a head lock too.......

No I dont.

capt it up
I think that Wolverine would win if they met "gladiator" style and fought in an arena or like they did in the comics. However, I think it's possible that Frank could assassinate him/kill an oblivious Wolverine. However, Frank's weapons are pretty amazing and so is his aim. So despite the fact that Wolverine's physically superior, Frank has a shot.

Please, let's not argue.
what? please I love to know how.......unless you mean frank gets massive one sided prep and attacks an unknowing wolverine...that also to assume that wolverine does not sense him.......then frank would have to have enough power to take logan down right off the bat which well won't happen unless he dropping a bomb on wolverine and then when wolverine wakes up what frank gunna do?

Alfheim
*sigh*

capt it up

capt it up
*sigh*
how about we debate this in the vs forum I always enjoy a laugh from you.........and your crazy idea

you hoesntly think frank can take a majority from wolverine? or spiderman?

llagrok
what? please I love to know how.......unless you mean frank gets massive one sided prep and attacks an unknowing wolverine...that also to assume that wolverine does not sense him.......then frank would have to have enough power to take logan down right off the bat which well won't happen unless he dropping a bomb on wolverine and then when wolverine wakes up what frank gunna do?

That's what I meant by Wolverine being completely oblivious. It's possible to hide one's scent, that's what Agent X is doing. If Wolverine had no idea then Punisher could take him. When Wolverine was together with the native, I was easily immobilized with a sniper shot in the spine. Frank could do the same.

Now, this does not belong in this thread. Please make a thread in the versus forum if you want to. If you want to discuss, then discuss if/if not the Punisher/any character is underestimated.

Alfheim
how about we debate this in the vs forum I always enjoy a laugh from you.........and your crazy idea

you hoesntly think frank can take a majority from wolverine? or spiderman?

You know what im not even going to bother.

capt it up
That's what I meant by Wolverine being completely oblivious. It's possible to hide one's scent, that's what Agent X is doing. If Wolverine had no idea then Punisher could take him. When Wolverine was together with the native, I was easily immobilized with a sniper shot in the spine. Frank could do the same.

Now, this does not belong in this thread. Please make a thread in the versus forum if you want to. If you want to discuss, then discuss if/if not the Punisher/any character is underestimated.
sorry hiding oen scent form wolverine is really really hard.......

also did you jsut use the naive arck as evidence...do you know how many tiems there controdicted there selfs.........it was the worst arc ever and it been ignored by marvel ever since....

capt it up
You know what im not even going to bother.
why becuase you will lose? Like always and you will sound rediculous like always?

honestly I should start saving what you say it so rediculous all the time

llagrok
Please capt, I'm giving you one more chance before I call the mods. Please do as told.

Does anyone feel that Cannonball is a little underestimated?

capt it up
Please capt, I'm giving you one more chance before I call the mods. Please do as told.
call the mods I don't care it not like they will care that much. Also it not my fault you gusy started this. Hey I love to take ti some were else but we all know alf won't

Alfheim
Good grief.....

Symmetric Chaos
Good grief.....

Oh You!

capt it up
Good grief.....
yes the man who thinks punisher can take spiderman and wolverine........ roll eyes (sarcastic)

shksprtx
That's what I meant by Wolverine being completely oblivious. It's possible to hide one's scent, that's what Agent X is doing. If Wolverine had no idea then Punisher could take him.

I support this contention...Wolverine's heightened senses are NOT infallible, as Puck (and, I'm sure, others) have shown...

It IS possible to sneak attack Wolverine...just not very easy...

llagrok
I support this contention...Wolverine's heightened senses are NOT infallible, as Puck (and, I'm sure, others) have shown...

"There's no adamantium down there, ugh"

Puck is one of the many underestimated alpha flight characters. His strength is around Spider man's level I think.

shksprtx
"There's no adamantium down there, ugh"

Puck is one of the many underestimated alpha flight characters. His strength is around Spider man's level I think.

Actually, since his "upgrade," Puck's strength is somewhere around the 2-ton class, I believe...close, but not quite Spidey-level yet...

But his agility and reflexes are much closer to Spider-man's...

You're right -- he's consistently underrated by both readers and writers...

Alfheim
I like Puck. Damn I seem to like underated characters....im seeing a pattern here. I even used to like Bumblee from the Transformers....the weakest one......

shksprtx
Damn I seem to like underated characters....

Hell, I like Alpha Flight, a vastly underrated TEAM...

Alfheim
Hell, I like Alpha Flight, a vastly underrated TEAM...

Hey I love Alpha Flight. Fell in love with them around 1983. Secret Wars time. There was this fight with Puck in a bar with all these otehr guys from that moment I thought Puck was ****ing cool. cool

Again with the underated pattern...meh.

shksprtx
Hey I love Alpha Flight. Fell in love with them around 1983. Secret Wars time. There was this fight with Puck in a bar with all these otehr guys from that moment I thought Puck was ****ing cool. cool

Again with the underated pattern...meh.

AF #23 (vol. 1) was my first comic book purchase ever, and I fell in love...not sure why, but after #23 I was hooked...

Alfheim
AF #23 (vol. 1) was my first comic book purchase ever, and I fell in love...not sure why, but after #23 I was hooked...

Havent read one in ages though. The last time I read AF, Box had switched bodies with Snowbird and this girl found out that the Purple Man was her father.

Hope to start collecting comics again this year.

shksprtx
Havent read one in ages though. The last time I read AF, Box had switched bodies with Snowbird and this girl found out that the Purple Man was her father.

Hope to start collecting comics again this year.

Wow...it HAS been a while, huh?

I stopped reading around the time that AF went subscription-only, back in the late 80's/early 90's...so I've missed a lot myself...

Alfheim
Wow...it HAS been a while, huh?

I stopped reading around the time that AF went subscription-only, back in the late 80's/early 90's...so I've missed a lot myself...

Yeah...I think the last AF issue I got was in 1989 or 1990, not sure....man the 80s were great. The last time I serioulsy was collecting comics was in 1993.

Ive got some comics which I bought in 1999/2000 but to be fair I wasnt as enthuastic about it as I used to be.

Hey this is a good conversation sure beats the ones ive been having. stick out tongue

LOL I remember thinking damn man...is Box gonna feel Snowbirds **** laughing

Ok maybe that sounded pervy....think I killed the convo.

shksprtx
Yeah...I think the last AF issue I got was in 1989 or 1990, not sure....man the 80s were great. The last time I serioulsy was collecting comics was in 1993.

Ive got some comics which I bought in 1999/2000 but to be fair I wasnt as enthuastic about it as I used to be.

Hey this is a good conversation sure beats the ones ive been having. stick out tongue

LOL I remember thinking damn man...is Box gonna feel Snowbirds **** laughing

Yeah, my biggest turn-off with comics the last ten-fifteen years or so was the change in art style, but I'm slowly coming around to that...

And, of course, the whole Civil War concept in Marvel (never been much of a DC guy) has sort of re-energized my interest in comics...

As for Walt/Wanda, yeah, when he inhabited Snowbird's body my first adolescent, pubescent, sex-obsessed thought was, "So what's his/her sex life going to be like now?"

Like something straight outta Mallrats, man...back in the day, I WAS Brodie when it came to that stuff...

But, for the sake of staying on topic, I think perhaps the most grossly underrated AF member was probably Roger Bochs (first Box)...

He invented a remote-psionically-controlled suit of armor LONG before Stark came up with the idea (as far as I know), and designed an interdimensional gateway -- which IMHO puts him close to Reed Richards intellect level...

Alfheim
Yeah, my biggest turn-off with comics the last ten-fifteen years or so was the change in art style, but I'm slowly coming around to that...

And, of course, the whole Civil War concept in Marvel (never been much of a DC guy) has sort of re-energized my interest in comics...

As for Walt/Wanda, yeah, when he inhabited Snowbird's body my first adolescent, pubescent, sex-obsessed thought was, "So what's his/her sex life going to be like now?"

Like something straight outta Mallrats, man...back in the day, I WAS Brodie when it came to that stuff...

But, for the sake of staying on topic, I think perhaps the most grossly underrated AF member was probably Roger Bochs (first Box)...

He invented a remote-psionically-controlled suit of armor LONG before Stark came up with the idea (as far as I know), and designed an interdimensional gateway -- which IMHO puts him close to Reed Richards intellect level...

Box: What switch me back? Nah you know what guys I think I wanna stay in this body....did I introduce you to my girlfriend? evil face

Sorry couldnt resist it, my idea of humour sad

Yeah Box was pretty cool as well. He was a mutant right?

llagrok
Box: What switch me back? Nah you know what guys I think I wanna stay in this body....did I introduce you to my girlfriend? evil face

Sorry couldnt resist it, my idea of humour sad

Box has been brainwashed by weapon x. Apparently he's in some sort of sick relationship with the abusive director and designed the box bots that are responsible for capturing his wife and killing many mutants.

shksprtx

Nope...just a really smart cripple, as far as I know...

And that was another thing I liked about AF...a handicapped superhero (and I don't mean like Daredevil who's blind but has radar vision to compensate)...

Bochs was an amputee who used his brains to become a superhero and overcome his physical limitations...

Or Puck, the first superhero dwarf (as far as I know)...

AF was also the first superhero team that I know of to have a completely powerless leader (Heather Hudson pre-Vindicator suit)...

To me, as a kid, that kind of stuff was intriguing because you didn't see it happening much in other comics...

shksprtx
Box has been brainwashed by weapon x. Apparently he's in some sort of sick relationship with the abusive director and designed the box bots that are responsible for capturing his wife and killing many mutants.

Different Box...you're thinking of Madison Jeffries, who inherited/stole the Box armor from Roger Bochs, the original Box...

Damn, I just read that and it looks kind of confusing... confused

llagrok
Different Box...you're thinking of Madison Jeffries, who inherited/stole the Box armor from Roger Bochs, the original Box...

Damn, I just read that and it looks kind of confusing... confused

"You're so violent when you're drunk"

Madison - Director

But yeah, I was probably thinking about the wrong Box.

shksprtx
I was shocked when I heard that Jeffries had been brainwashed and become a bad guy...he was always one of the more idealistic AF'ers, especially after seeing what his brother Lionel had become...

Alfheim
Puck was one reason why I loved AF. I thought Northstar was pretty cool as well. Apart from that couldnt really tell you why I liked them so much. I know this might sound stupid but I really liked their name...Alpha Flight....it just sounds much cooler than The Avengers or Defenders.

I think the fact they were Canadian was cool as well, it just gave a different feel to them.

Cant quite remember if I bought in AF in 1993. Im just remembering this black mutant called Windshear.

shksprtx
Puck was one reason why I loved AF. I thought Northstar was pretty cool as well.

Co-signed...I loved the fact that Puck had a secret crush on Heather, and I loved the fact that Northstar was a reluctant member of the team, with radically different politics from the other team members...

capt it up

when did puck sneak up on wolverine........sas does all the time for some reason though it like wolverine can't sense him

llagrok
when did puck sneak up on wolverine........sas does all the time for some reason though it like wolverine can't sense him

It was when a demon took over the Alpha flight complex-

SpunkySmurph
Wolverine just finished with Sasquatch, he didn't know he that Puck was an enemy, and Puck ran up and nut-shotted him. Hardly a sneak attack there. erm

And Puck's SO far from underrated on KMC, it isn't funny. At least, by any of the usual members.

His Airness
I'm underrated...

King_Mungi

He's done it more than once due to skill. "Well..well...well. I shouldda known you'd be the only one who could sneak up on me like that."

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/AlphaFLight_17_18.jpg

I assume he can't sense Sasquatch due to being magical.

King_Mungi
Wow awesome, love the Alpha Flight discussion and you named off all the reasons I like them.

Actually, since his "upgrade," Puck's strength is somewhere around the 2-ton class, I believe...close, but not quite Spidey-level yet...

2-10 range in strength

Roger Bochs human with genius level intellect

Madison Jeffries was a mutant

and hundred of Sentinels he is going to be using to go to war

I was shocked when I heard that Jeffries had been brainwashed and become a bad guy...he was always one of the more idealistic AF'ers, especially after seeing what his brother Lionel had become...

He was first brain washed into becoming a villian for the Zodiac and then Weapon X kidnapped and brain washed him again. Guy gets no breaks

And Puck's SO far from underrated on KMC, it isn't funny. At least, by any of the usual members.

....and who is responsible for that? cool

King_Mungi
Alright on-topic, who do I think is underated? Lots of people...

Aquaman-One of my favorite characters
Alpha Flight & villians-obvious reasons took it upon myself to give them justice even though their not my favorite characters. I'm actually more of a DC reader lately
Captain Comet-Guy is the man, but no one knows him
Hawkman/Hawkgirl-Such old characters with such a rich history
JSA-My FAVORITE team, I love them to death and don't get the credit they deserve
Mr. Terrific II-His character just interests me
Superman-Yes, Superman every thinks he is just a strong brick type character, but he is so much more and with such a great character set, mythology and history. One of my favorite characters

and one of my all time favorite characters...Dr.Mid-Nite.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by King_Mungi

....and who is responsible for that? cool ...

Batdude? ermmnone

King_Mungi

Batdude? ermmnone

I would have accepted either The_Judge, but same thing cool

capt it up
He's done it more than once due to skill. "Well..well...well. I shouldda known you'd be the only one who could sneak up on me like that."

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/A_Flight4/AlphaFLight_17_18.jpg

I assume he can't sense Sasquatch due to being magical.
see thats funny since if puck is a demon he should be one of the last people to beable to sneak up on wolverine

Martian_mind
Cable has got the drop on Wolverine before...

Alfheim
Co-signed...I loved the fact that Puck had a secret crush on Heather, and I loved the fact that Northstar was a reluctant member of the team, with radically different politics from the other team members...

Then theres Shaman as well. I like the fact he could summon the spirit of anything. There was one issue where he summouned the spirit of magnetism to fly a ship. I was like "Wow, I thought you could only do basic stuff like earth, air, fire and water but its like this guy can summon the spirit of any substance."

see thats funny since if puck is a demon he should be one of the last people to beable to sneak up on wolverine

He can sneak up on Wolverine, let it go!

llagrok
Originally posted by Martian_mind

Some writers made the old cable as strong as Colossus almost.

shksprtx

Puck is NOT a demon. He used his body for a long time as a container for the demon Razer, but he is not a demon himself...

Just thought, you know, a clarification might be needed...

King_Mungi
Then theres Shaman as well. I like the fact he could summon the spirit of anything. There was one issue where he summouned the spirit of magnetism to fly a ship. I was like "Wow, I thought you could only do basic stuff like earth, air, fire and water but its like this guy can summon the spirit of any substance."

Nice to see someone else who has a good knowledge of AF

Yep, even his daughter summoned the spirit of time and space. He can as well, but doesn't have the power to command like she does. Basically in the sarcee belief everything has a soul

1. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-01.jpg
2. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-02.jpg
3. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-03.jpg
4. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-06.jpg
5. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-14.jpg
6. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-18.jpg
7. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-19.jpg
8. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-21.jpg
9. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-22.jpg
10. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-23.jpg

Alfheim
Nice to see someone else who has a good knowledge of AF

Yep, even his daughter summoned the spirit of time and space. He can as well, but doesn't have the power to command like she does. Basically in the sarcee belief everything has a soul

1. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-01.jpg
2. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-02.jpg
3. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-03.jpg
4. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-06.jpg
5. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-14.jpg
6. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-18.jpg
7. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-19.jpg
8. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-21.jpg
9. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-22.jpg
10. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight81-23.jpg

Told you I liked AF stick out tongue ..Its just been while. Isnt his daughter powered by a magical headband? So its like Shaman has more natural power but his daughter uses an artifact.

Anyway I think your scans answer my question. I think I can see her using the headband.

Then theres Northstars's sister who has the same powers but cant be detected by Sentinels for some reason she registers as a human and not a mutant.

There Vindicator who at the time I was reading had inherited that super suit.

I cant even remember anything about Sasquatch...I never really found him interesting.....cant remember a damn thing......

King_Mungi
Told you I liked AF stick out tongue ..Its just been while. Isnt his daughter powered by a magical headband? So its like Shaman has more natural power but his daughter uses an artifact.

Then theres Northstars's sister who has the same powers but cant be detected by Sentinels for some reason she registers as a human and not a mutant.

There Vindicator who at the time I was reading had inherited that super suit.

Yep the Talisman, but without it she still has powers just not as powerful. Only she can wear it though, and she's the avatar of the Gods to fight evil. She is on a higher level than her father

Aurora, and that's because Walter did some modifications and altered her powers completly

Yep Heather, thought that was brillant to give her the suit.
==
AF had some great chracters, but not so great writers who basically destroyed the concept of the team. Oh well, at least Omega Flight has turned out to be a good read.

His Airness
Thor.

llagrok
Originally posted by His Airness
Thor.

I agree, a lot of people really underestimate him.

Holocaust is also very underestimated. People think he's fricking low meta.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I know.

llagrok
:bump:

guy222
:bump:

Cable

llagrok
Originally posted by guy222
Cable

Telekinesis big grin

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by guy222
Cable

I actually think Cable gets overestimated.

Nihilist
Thanos

Newjak
The Juggernaut

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Newjak
The Juggernaut

I know you think that stick out tongue

Phantom Zone
Im going to hell for this but two examples are Blade and Punisher the lengths that posters will go to downplay their feats is incredible.

You would think that their life depended on downplaying the feats.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Im going to hell for this but two examples are Blade and Punisher the lengths that posters will go to downplay their feats is incredible.

Especially Punisher's prep feats.

And Crossbones.

fangirl101
any character in the 2nd herald class.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Especially Punisher's prep feats.

And Crossbones.
true I mean with prep he can even beat superman.

Battlehammer
and blades a vampire he speed blizt capt

Badabing
Originally posted by Battlehammer
true I mean with prep he can even beat superman. I thought it was DC Earth? mmm

stick out tongue

Just kidding PZ. laughing out loud

Raoul
Originally posted by Battlehammer
true I mean with prep he can even beat superman.

out. get out. go on... uhuh

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>