Darth Bane and Kas'im versus Exar Kun and Ulic Quel-Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Apollo Cloud
All characters are at their known best. Takes place in the Geonosian Arena as seen in Attack of the Clones.

Round 1: Lightsaber Battle. Bane is armed with a saberstaff rather than his regular single saber. Kas'im is armed with his dual sabers. Exar Kun with his saberstaff, and Ulic with his regular saber.

Round 2: Force Fight.

Round 3: All out fight. No orbalisk armour for Bane, and no amulets for Exar or Ulic.

Round 4: All out fight, anything is allowed (obviously except for things like superweapons and the like).

LORDSIDIOUS01
Team two might have some difficulty, but I think win.

vader11
Bane again...I bet you would say team 1 wins.
Can't you think of anyone other than him?

darthsith19
1. Bane has a double-bladed lightsaber? Hmm... well, Kas'im could take out Ulic after a long duel. Bane with a saberstaff is unknown - he knows all the movoes of a saberstaff but he never used one before. If he had has single-bladed lightsaber he could win, even without armor, though with difficulty. Is Bane allowed to use just one half of his double-bladed lightsaber? if yes, he beats Kun, if no, I say Kun beats him after a long duel, same time as Kas'im beats Ulic. Then it's Ulic vs. Kas'im... could go either way, I'll say Kas;'m would win. So Bane and Kas;im maybe take this, but I'm really not to sure.
2. Can Kun use his amulets? If yes, he takes out Kas'im right away. By his prime Bane is probably a master at that atatck he used on Kas'im in PoD. He kills Ulic with it, or else Ulic is able to block it with a Force Shield, not sure. Then Kun shoots his amulet at Bane, kills him if it can go through Bane's armor. if not, he aims for his head and Bane can just move his head to the side and dodge it and likely best Kun. So there's a lot of unknown things here that could easily decide the outcome. Really not sure.
3. Bane in his prime is still likely ahead of Kun, even without armor, and Kas'im could at least hold off Ulic till Kun dies, and could likely beat him.
4. If Kun takes Kas'im and the armor is able to block the amulet, Bane beats Kun, then helps Kas'im destroy Ulic. If Bane takes on Ulic, then UKas'im gets blasted with the amulet and Ulic and Kun togther beat Bane. I'd say usually Kun would take on Bane, since they are the strongest of their team's, so it depends on whether or not Orbalisk armor can block amulet blasts or not...

In other words: 1 is Kun/Ulic, 3 is Bane/Kas'im, and I'm not sure about 2 and 4.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by darthsith19
he aims for his head and Bane can just move his head to the side and dodge it and likely best Kun.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about. The blast isn't a laser. It's huge.

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Do you have any idea what you're talking about. The blast isn't a laser. It's huge.
I know. How does that make me wrong?

jollyjim311
You made it seem as if he could tilt his head and avoid the blast, he would need to jump the Hell away if he wanted a a chance of getting away.

overlord
Darth Bane?

Kadesh
I know. How does that make me wrong? you cant move your head to dodge a blast of monstrous proportions which power increases with every pulse of anger

Apollo Cloud
Who's saying Bane needs to dodge it? Force shield, much?

I don't think the fact that he never used one would make any difference whatsoever. We know he knew every move and sequence to the weapon perfectly, and we know that he taught his apprentice Zannah how to wield one some time after BotS, so it's safe to say that he would have been well equipped to wield one, and that it'd be his best choice of weapon.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
Who's saying Bane needs to dodge it? Force shield, much?
Prove that force shield can even block the blast, kasim had trouble blocking a simple force wave, the blasts power doubles with ever single pulse of anger and would annihilate bane utterly

Darth Sexy
Bane knows the moves of the saber staff, Exar Kun's style is FOREIGN to him seeing as how he twirled it with one hand and can change the length and intensity of it. Ulic is more than capable of defeating Bane in a saber fighting and then helping Kun defeat Kas'im.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Bane knows the moves of the saber staff, Exar Kun's style is FOREIGN to him seeing as how he twirled it with one hand and can change the length and intensity of it. Ulic is more than capable of defeating Bane in a saber fighting and then helping Kun defeat Kas'im. And bane gets shitted if some one uses a foreign style

Apollo Cloud
Anyone would in that position. It wasn't just a foreign style, it was a completely foreign weapon. Kas'im had mastered every form to the dual sabers to the highest degree, and then perfected them. It wasn't just 1 foreign style that Bane was up against, but essentially 7 perfected ones. That's pretty much every move and sequence there could possibly be to the dual sabers, and Bane was completely unfamiliar with every one. "His mind was flooded with a million options of what his opponent might attempt, and he had no experience to draw on to eliminate any of them." Almost anyone would get shitted on in that situation.

Darth Sexy
Anyone would in that position. It wasn't just a foreign style, it was a completely foreign weapon. Kas'im had mastered every form to the dual sabers to the highest degree, and then perfected them. It wasn't just 1 foreign style that Bane was up against, but essentially 7 perfected ones. That's pretty much every move and sequence there could possibly be to the dual sabers, and Bane was completely unfamiliar with every one. "His mind was flooded with a million options of what his opponent might attempt, and he had no experience to draw on to eliminate any of them." Almost anyone would get shitted on in that situation.

Except for the fact that Kas'im can't use 7 styles when wielding a saber staff, he can only use one. So while Kas'im DID know 7 forms, Bane knew one of them perfectly, or rather 2. His and Kas'im's.

Apollo Cloud
Firstly, I'm talking about dual sabers here, not the saberstaff, learn 2 read. Secondly, what are you talking about? The saberstaff is made up of seven forms, just like the single saber and duel forms, so really, again, what are you talking about?

Darth Sexy
Firstly, I'm talking about dual sabers here, not the saberstaff, learn 2 read. Secondly, what are you talking about? The saberstaff is made up of seven forms, just like the single saber and duel forms, so really, again, what are you talking about?

I'm not too sure about a saber staff but where does it say it was made up of 7 forms? Secondly, what in the world makes you think Kas'im taught Bane all 7 forms of the saber staff? In fact he told Bane that he should just concentrate on one form so Bane learned HIS form, and then Kas'i'ms form.

Apollo Cloud
Dual sabers? Bcos the seven forms of combat are made for all primary forms of saber, not just the regular single saber. For instance, Sora Bulq wielded Vaapad with dual sabers, Maul could do the same with Juyo, Serra Keto was stated to be able to do the same with Form 5... Jar'Kai and the saberstaff being seperate forms is just a common misconception.

And I never said Kas'im taught him that, because you're right, he did tell Bane to just concentrate on the one form, however surely you remember from reading PoD how Bane didn't listen to his advice, and every practise session, learnt as much from Kas'im's style as he could until he knew every move and sequence to the weapon perfectly. So Bane doesn't know just the one form, he knows every form for the saberstaff, as well as Form 5 for the single saber, so that's technically eight forms (Kas'im's perfected versions), not two.

Darth Sexy
Lol.. Since when did Kas'im fight him with all 7 forms? Kas'im KNEW all the forms but there's nothing to even suggest he used all 7 forms of combat during their sparring sessions and during their fight.

Apollo Cloud
He clearly did, since it was factually stated by the omniscient narrator that Bane had come to learn every move and sequence there is to the saberstaff.

Well seeing as just when Kas'im was beating him, the omniscient narrator attributed the fact that Kas'im had mastered all those forms to why Bane could never win, I'd say it's safe to say he used all of them in their fight, and really he would be pretty dumb not to given how much of an advantage it would give him.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Kadesh
you cant move your head to dodge a blast of monstrous proportions which power increases with every pulse of anger
Okay, but he can still maybe dodge it.

Kadesh
Okay, but he can still maybe dodge it. Possible, provided he knows kun is going to fire it and thus move before kun fires

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.