Darth Talon vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burnt Pancakes
Two lackeys face off. Like, z0mfg who wins?

darthsith19
This is close, but I tend to lean towards Talon. She is the second ebst Sith of her time, the perfect assassin, killed her Sith master in a single swing of her lightsaber amongst other things.

Burnt Pancakes
Wow, really? I'm surprised... Maul is rated highly on these forums...

At least against Obi-Wan.

darthsith19

Advent
Originally posted by darthsith19
She is the second ebst Sith of her time

Relevance? Have any of the Sith under Darth Krayt's rule proved their worth (compared to the Sith of old)? No, they haven't.

And Darth Maul was what exactly?

Oh, you must be referring to Darth Ruyn.

The Twi'lek who we know virtually nothing about, other than the fact he had trained Darth Talon herself, as well as other students.

I don't see how this constitutes as anything relatively impressive, as he's never been noted to be skilled with a blade.

These 'other things' you're referring to would be: defeating Elke Vetter with relative ease, and fended off Shado Vao (in addition to Wolf Sazen, at one point).

Elke, while she may have been an Imperial Knight, hasn't shown that she's ultimately powerful, nor even moreso than likes of Anoon Bondara. Likewise with the duo, one of which we see getting destroyed nearly all times he's battled against a decent opponent (Nihl kicks his ass, so does Talon).

None of the aforementioned have ever been shown to be as capable as the likes of even Qui-Gon Jinn on an individual level, much less Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi together. As far as Force powers are concerned, she does seem to be capable in that category as well, but I simply do not see that helping all too much, though it's not outside the realm of possibilities, as we've seen her employ both Force attacks while in a lightsaber duel. Still, Force push, and Force lightning against someone as physically fit as Darth Maul (and given the fact he resisted Mighella's lightning), like I said, I certainly do not see him going down.

In a straightforward lightsaber match, he has the match up.

Originally posted by darthsith19
I know, but on Vendaxa, Darth Talon was able to outfight two Jedi—Shado Vao and Wolf Sazen—simultaneously, showing her aptitude at lightsaber combat. Darth Talon was also able to use Force push to shove Shado Vao to the ground with such force that he was unable to recover for some time

Copy and paste from Wookiepedia, much? Not that I necessarily give a shit.

Did you even read the comic book? She doesn't use a mind trick whatsoever. She retrieves the information using a technique that apparently delves into the mind, and she uses such on Elke Vetter, a female Imperial Knight, not Antares "Badass" Draco.

Darth Subjekt
haha...

LORDSIDIOUS01
Darth Talon is a decent fighter but not in Mauls class.

Utrigita
stalemate

Darth Sexy
Talon hasn't shown that she's anywhere near Maul's league in saber combat. In fact, none of the sith, other than Nihl and Krayt, seem to be nothing more than average sith. Maybe that's why Krayt's rule of One is working so well.

Utrigita
And apparently he is nowhere near her in force powers.

Stalemate

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Utrigita
And apparently he is nowhere near her in force powers.

Stalemate

Uh because she can force push? Good golly, Maul can do that too!

Utrigita
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Uh because she can force push? Good golly, Maul can do that too!

No because she can force lightning when fighting and has defeated two jedimasters in sabercombat, and won something Maul didn't do and she wasn't wielding a doublebladed lightsaber, and she apparently has a greater force potential, look I didn't read the comic but I have watched the movies and talked with a friend about Talon from what he tells me in pure sabercombat Maul should take this but include active force powers then Talon should win (should get the comic tomorrow and then I will read for myself)

Advent
Originally posted by Utrigita
has defeated two jedimasters in sabercombat, and won something Maul didn't do

You're referring to when Darth Talon fought against Wolf Sazen, and Shado Vao while in perfect condition.

Neither of the aforementioned Jedi were ever noted as skilled swordsman, so the feat itself is lessened. In fact, Wolf Sazen gets his ass kicked very easily by Darth Nihl on almost every occasion.

Now, Darth Maul had gone into battle against the likes of Qui-Gon Jinn, someone who we know was talented with a blade, and Obi-Wan, who was seemingly a promising padawan. He dominated the entire fight, then killed Qui-Gon Jinn is thirty seconds flat. Let's take excerpts from The Phantom Menace novelization itself, found in chapters 22 and 23:

"Their efforts at attack, at assuming the offensive against this dangerous adversary, were woefully inadequate.

But on this day, he had met his match. The Sith Lord he battled with Obi - Wan was more than his equal in weapons training, and he had the advantage of being younger and stronger.

His agility and dexterity allowed him to keep them both at bay, constantly attacking while at the same time effectively blunting their counterattacks, relentlessly searching for an opening in their defense.

So they challenged the Sith Lord quickly, and just as quickly discovered that their best efforts were not good enough

They should have won this battle long ago. Against any other opponent, they would have. But the Sith Lord was battle trained and seasoned well beyond anyone they had ever encountered before. He had matched them blow for blow, and they weren't any closer to winning this fight now than they had been in the beginning.".

It's evident from the above that Darth Maul could've taken both of them, and that they were lacking in comparison to his sheer skill and determination. So, your point collapses.

This is aside from the fact Darth Maul had been injured before the bout even began. We see him kick the living shit out of the duo with melee attacks. The only reason he actually lost was because he was caught off guard by Obi-Wan's sudden burst of power by giving into the dark side, but even then it states that " was the stronger of the two".

Other than this, Darth Maul has taken down Anoon Bondara, the then Battlemaster of the Jedi Order, who's lightsaber skills are described as "second to none", and as a whole, "one of the best fighters". Talon has never fought anyone on this caliber, or shown that she could even contend. Maul is also "one of the deadliest Sith apprentices in history", Darth Talon is outclassed in a weapons confrontation, point blank.

Irrelevant.

Simply because she was using a single blade doesn't mean anything. We've seen those with a double blade surpass those using only one blade, and vice versa -- even when it comes to two on one. It's completely idiotic to even bring this up.

That's complete and utter bullshit.

There's absolutely nothing to indicate such a thing, don't be so dense.

Read the comic, it won't show you anything that I haven't included in this thread already. Save for the fact she was tossed some fifty yards by Cade Skywalker, who had been an out of practice Jedi for seven years, with only ten years of training to begin with (at most), and had been using deathsticks, which lessen his connection to the Force.

In lightsaber combat, Darth Maul wins without exerting his upper limit, from what we have seen. In an all out battle, he takes the cake there, too.

And the only Force power she has used offensively during battle was Force lightning, something we know can be deflected, and it's an ability that Darth Maul has resisted, albeit from a Nightsister, nonetheless it supports the fact that were he to get hit, he may or may not go down (because we don't know how potent her lightning is on relatively powerful beings ).

She has demonstrated other abilities, namely an unnamed technique, however, that was used on an already defeated opponent, and akin to that of the drain knowledge power. It has no regard in combat, and showing that she possesses one other possibly unique power means jack shit, it certainly doesn't say that her reserve of force energy is greater. Especially when you consider that when Darth Maul dueled Darth Sidious, he had became extremely fatigued from battling assassin droids, and renewed his strength using the dark side, which is impressive in its own right (also note that its stated that during the flurry, even Darth Sidious "barely deflected them"wink.

Back to the point, Darth Maul is a practitioner of Force grip. I could apply the same thing, as well. Like I said, her Force powers will hardly be enough to take down an opponent with superior skill and who's physical strength, speed, and agility outweighs her own.

Lightsnake
Oh, wolf and Shado are apparently very good.

Which means nothing as Maul outclasses the both of them and Talon in almost every possible way. Talon can't even touch him

Riverollv
I believe Talon maybe is a slghtly, slightly-above-average "Sith", but nothing compared to Maul. Maul takes this with no problem.

Burnt Pancakes
I've decided to not bother making a decision until I see more of Talon.

Captain REX
I hand this to Maul. As skilled as Talon is, I don't think she can take him.

Maul's been shown to fend off Force lightning, in any case, while being hit with it directly...

Utrigita
Originally posted by Advent
You're referring to when Darth Talon fought against Wolf Sazen, and Shado Vao while in perfect condition.

Neither of the aforementioned Jedi were ever noted as skilled swordsman, so the feat itself is lessened. In fact, Wolf Sazen gets his ass kicked very easily by Darth Nihl on almost every occasion.

Now, Darth Maul had gone into battle against the likes of Qui-Gon Jinn, someone who we know was talented with a blade, and Obi-Wan, who was seemingly a promising padawan. He dominated the entire fight, then killed Qui-Gon Jinn is thirty seconds flat. Let's take excerpts from The Phantom Menace novelization itself, found in chapters 22 and 23:

"Their efforts at attack, at assuming the offensive against this dangerous adversary, were woefully inadequate.

But on this day, he had met his match. The Sith Lord he battled with Obi - Wan was more than his equal in weapons training, and he had the advantage of being younger and stronger.

His agility and dexterity allowed him to keep them both at bay, constantly attacking while at the same time effectively blunting their counterattacks, relentlessly searching for an opening in their defense.

So they challenged the Sith Lord quickly, and just as quickly discovered that their best efforts were not good enough

They should have won this battle long ago. Against any other opponent, they would have. But the Sith Lord was battle trained and seasoned well beyond anyone they had ever encountered before. He had matched them blow for blow, and they weren't any closer to winning this fight now than they had been in the beginning.".

It's evident from the above that Darth Maul could've taken both of them, and that they were lacking in comparison to his sheer skill and determination. So, your point collapses.

This is aside from the fact Darth Maul had been injured before the bout even began. We see him kick the living shit out of the duo with melee attacks. The only reason he actually lost was because he was caught off guard by Obi-Wan's sudden burst of power by giving into the dark side, but even then it states that " was the stronger of the two".

Other than this, Darth Maul has taken down Anoon Bondara, the then Battlemaster of the Jedi Order, who's lightsaber skills are described as "second to none", and as a whole, "one of the best fighters". Talon has never fought anyone on this caliber, or shown that she could even contend. Maul is also "one of the deadliest Sith apprentices in history", Darth Talon is outclassed in a weapons confrontation, point blank.

Irrelevant.

Simply because she was using a single blade doesn't mean anything. We've seen those with a double blade surpass those using only one blade, and vice versa -- even when it comes to two on one. It's completely idiotic to even bring this up.

That's complete and utter bullshit.

There's absolutely nothing to indicate such a thing, don't be so dense.

Read the comic, it won't show you anything that I haven't included in this thread already. Save for the fact she was tossed some fifty yards by Cade Skywalker, who had been an out of practice Jedi for seven years, with only ten years of training to begin with (at most), and had been using deathsticks, which lessen his connection to the Force.

In lightsaber combat, Darth Maul wins without exerting his upper limit, from what we have seen. In an all out battle, he takes the cake there, too.

And the only Force power she has used offensively during battle was Force lightning, something we know can be deflected, and it's an ability that Darth Maul has resisted, albeit from a Nightsister, nonetheless it supports the fact that were he to get hit, he may or may not go down (because we don't know how potent her lightning is on relatively powerful beings ).

She has demonstrated other abilities, namely an unnamed technique, however, that was used on an already defeated opponent, and akin to that of the drain knowledge power. It has no regard in combat, and showing that she possesses one other possibly unique power means jack shit, it certainly doesn't say that her reserve of force energy is greater. Especially when you consider that when Darth Maul dueled Darth Sidious, he had became extremely fatigued from battling assassin droids, and renewed his strength using the dark side, which is impressive in its own right (also note that its stated that during the flurry, even Darth Sidious "barely deflected them"wink.

Back to the point, Darth Maul is a practitioner of Force grip. I could apply the same thing, as well. Like I said, her Force powers will hardly be enough to take down an opponent with superior skill and who's physical strength, speed, and agility outweighs her own.

okay what ever you say it is pointless debating against you, not worth the time, you where right I was wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.