Have you ever gone to work with a cold?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K.Diddy
sad

ADarksideJedi
Yea it sucks.But a cold is not that bad.As loing as you don't have a fever or anything like that.jm

Barker
Poor K.Diddy has a widdle cough. sad

Strangelove
I'm sure I have

Eccentric
I've gone to work with much worse. xD

=Tired Hiker=
I've called in sick without a cold too.

Puzzle
Originally posted by Eccentric

Ditto!

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I've called in sick without a cold too.

Ditto!

Eccentric
I feel like a goody goody, I've never stayed off work. sad

Puzzle
I feel like a goody goody, I've never stayed off work. sad

You thankfully only have to work a few days a month at your job...once you've been working at the store for 6 months, 5 days a week with no raise and nothing else to show that your employers care about you...you start to stop caring about being punctual and showing up every day. Maybe it's just the job I have, but I can never get my heart into it.

The Pict
Originally posted by Puzzle
Ditto!

Ditto!

Ditto to your dittos

silver_tears

^

I've also called in sick for being "hungover" so many times. lol

Eccentric
You thankfully only have to work a few days a month at your job...once you've been working at the store for 6 months, 5 days a week with no raise and nothing else to show that your employers care about you...you start to stop caring about being punctual and showing up every day. Maybe it's just the job I have, but I can never get my heart into it.

I don't really like my job either, especially when I had to work over my December holidays which is our longest school holiday since it is our summer. And I was cashier and it was so busy and I had to work right before and after Christmas.

But I understand what you mean though, maybe once I left school and get an everday job, I'll be taking off days when I don't really need to. *sneaky*

Stock taking is the worse thing ever invented and my area manager makes it even worse. sad Just felt like I needed to add that. xD

Eccentric
Originally posted by silver_tears
^

I've also called in sick for being "hungover" so many times. lol

This one time I threw up at work because I really wasn't feeling well. They let me go home after that. xD

silver_tears
This one time I threw up at work because I really wasn't feeling well. They let me go home after that. xD

I don't actually get hungover,I just love the sleep after a good night of drinking, so I just don't wanna get up. stick out tongue

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
^

I've also called in sick for being "hungover" so many times. lol So uncool and irresponsible irene. You have gone down notch in my top coolest peeps list, you're now at number 2.

silver_tears
Originally posted by -X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
So uncool and irresponsible irene. You have gone down notch in my top coolest peeps list, you're now at number 2.

srug

Puzzle
I don't really like my job either, especially when I had to work over my December holidays which is our longest school holiday since it is our summer. And I was cashier and it was so busy and I had to work right before and after Christmas.

But I understand what you mean though, maybe once I left school and get an everday job, I'll be taking off days when I don't really need to. *sneaky*

Stock taking is the worse thing ever invented and my area manager makes it even worse. sad Just felt like I needed to add that. xD

I used to be one of the only 3 night stockers at my work, that's all we ever did was take stock and inventory, unload the trucks of product that come in, throw all the items on the aisles and then put the items on the shelves. It is so bad around Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then right after that we have to do the store wide inventory and keep track of every single jar or can of product. And then after that we would have what we call a case lot sale where we sell items in bulk...the stockers get the short end of the stick and have to work up to 12 hour days each day of the week.

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
srug no, it is not better than number one.

Speaking of fgoing to work with hangovers, i don't think i'll be going to work tomorrow.

Eccentric
I used to be one of the only 3 night stockers at my work, that's all we ever did was take stock and inventory, unload the trucks of product that come in, throw all the items on the aisles and then put the items on the shelves. It is so bad around Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then right after that we have to do the store wide inventory and keep track of every single jar or can of product. And then after that we would have what we call a case lot sale where we sell items in bulk...the stockers get the short end of the stick and have to work up to 12 hour days each day of the week.

That sounds really not nice. sad

Also part of the reason why I don't like missing work is because if I do I am also letting down my co-workers and most of them need the job more than I do, so I feel guilty. stick out tongue

silver_tears
My store is heavily understaffed so we all get kick ass hours and the job is quite easy really. I think I might love my job. But it's a lot to do with my managers/co-workers/ policies.

Puzzle
That sounds really not nice. sad

Also part of the reason why I don't like missing work is because if I do I am also letting down my co-workers and most of them need the job more than I do, so I feel guilty. stick out tongue

That's always the worst part about calling in sick, if you are really sick. At my work they like to try and guilt trip you into coming in, even if you are so sick you are throwing up and feverish.

Eccentric
That's no good. sad

Puzzle
I really do feel for my fellow workers though, when I had to tell everyone I was needing a few months off because of injury they had to hire 2 more people to take my place. Every time I step in the door they are asking me if I am ready to come back.

Eccentric
You must be a good worker then. stick out tongue

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
My store is heavily understaffed so we all get kick ass hours and the job is quite easy really. I think I might love my job. But it's a lot to do with my managers/co-workers/ policies. are you still gonna get the second job at some coffee shop?

silver_tears
Originally posted by -X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
are you still gonna get the second job at some coffee shop?

Perhaps, I was also thinking department store and I'm getting my serving license. w00t

Puzzle
You must be a good worker then. stick out tongue

Not to toot my own horn, but I like to think so...and that's why I get in trouble so often at work. stick out tongue I am one of the fastest cashiers in the store and I can get a customer in and out within a couple minutes. This one time I rang a customer up with 4 shopping carts of food in less than 10 minutes

All of this ends up with me standing around doing nothing half the time because the lines die down and I have to wait for customers...and that's when I talk to coworkers and make mischief. innocent

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
Perhaps, I was also thinking department store and I'm getting my serving license. w00t Cool, then you can come see me after you see lover boy.

K.Diddy
I'm feeling even worse today,my throat is ****ing aching and I coughed up some Flem in the morning the size of a golfball,I just dont wanna take a day off cause it's only my third week there sad sad sad

Sweet Escape
Yeah, it sucks disgust

K.Diddy
It's gonna be a long 8 and a half hours

Sweet Escape
Always is sad I try to bring advil with me... sometimes it works shrug

Miss_Moon_Shine
Depends on how bad the cold actually is however.
But usually i do.
Just to infect others to make me feel less crap.
Ha.
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.