Ryu Vs Bison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
Third Strike Ryu vs alpha 2 Bison

shin_remy
Nice one!!

Alpha 2 Bison ALL the way

reason is M.Bison in sf 2 still strong enough is to beat Ryu.

I mean he hangs in the same class as Ryu

Emperor Ashtar
Well, I believe Ryu is a little stronger than SF@ Bison, I think this fihgt is close. Otta how many matches does bison win in your opinion.

shin_remy
6,5 stick out tongue

there is gap between sf alpha 3 bison and sf alpha 2 bison

if i'm correct was sf alpha 3 Bison his strongest incarnation right?

ps : you talk about 3s CURRENT Ryu or Ryu after 3s when he is training under Oro ?

Emperor Ashtar
Well, I'm talking about Ryu just in Third Strike. There isn't a Post oro Ryu yet. Yeah, and alpha 3 Bison is the strongest incarnation.

shin_remy
what do you think ?

In how many matches do you think Ryu wins

Emperor Ashtar
I dunno, he might win it's hard to tell.

Sado22
Ryu does shoryuken and Bison goes home crying. It happens all over again.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Sado22
It happens all over again.

~Sado
It never happened in the first place.

Sado22
my bad.
he hits him with shoryuken and bison blows up (courtesy Darko)
wink
~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
C'mon, Sado, ignoring what darko said you and I both know that never happened.

Sado22
LOL. let me check with Tiamat's guide though, i'm pretty sure he said that between them four, Bison retreated right after the shoryuken.
I'll check again though.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Looks like you were right, God I hate alpha 3's plot. How does Bison have to retreat because of Ryu when he easily beat his ass in alpha 2.

EDIT:

I loled

Sado22
can;t blame you, dude. its so much info in tiamat to actually remember sometimes. and of course there is the whole thing about SFA3 that is just so retarted at times.
you know about that charlie right? his prologue in the game is NOTHING like his canon prologue mad
storywise SFA3 was second only to post Tekken2 storylines by Namco. SFA2 had good story.
speaking of which, you seen the link i posted regarding Tekken6 on the "videogame discussion" thread. check it out if you haven't. the tekken story seems to have picked up somewhat.

laughing out loud

~Sado

King Nothing
I could understand why the Shoryuken would make Bison retreat, there are many important factors. All and all, SFA 3's plot was pretty good, IMO, made sence to me.
Anyway, I see Ryu taking it after a tough fight, by the time of 3rd Strike Ryu is as strong as Evil Ryu, maybe even stronger.

Emperor Ashtar
How does it make sense, Bison in alpha 2 onwed Ryu. Yet, he pushes a stronger version back with a shoryuken?

King Nothing
Well, Bison not only took on Sagat but fought Ken, Sakura, and the dolls, Bison was weakened due to him fighting so many characters in such a short time and none of the characters were slouches either.

Bison didn't even use the full power of the Psycho Drive.

It's not like Ryu hit him fair and square. While everyone was jumping Bison, Ryu came in and hit him, Bison was totally off guard.

Also, Ryu summoned all of his power for that blow, Ryu does have some of a wallop to hurt an off guard and half powered up Super Bison. Akuma didn't spare Ryu's life for nothing, the guy has been hinted at having immense potential since the very beginning.

Emperor Ashtar
And, thus why it's CIS. . .

King Nothing
It's reasonable and understanding. Bison was heavily dopple ganged and Ryu gave the final blow (or so it was thought).

Sado22
but Bison was far from affected at the time. he wasn't tired and he had a limitless supply of the pscyho powers. he is a godtier and with a limitless supply of the psychodrives he would be far from "tired".

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Yep, Bison being fatigued is PIS.

King Nothing
Bison did not use the full power of the Drive. C'mon people, I can't think of anyone in KOF/SF who can take Ryu, Ken, Sakura, Sagat and 12 dolls in so short of a time period. If Bison has to lose, that way fits best to me. Him being distracted and tired sounds sensible and justifiable. And no one he fought was below mid SF level. The Shoryuken was the last straw, everyone knocked down the pillars and Ryu just pushed the building over. What's wrong with that?

Sado22
...you're wrong and I've explained why. face the facts. there is no concept of logic in a fighting game that's why its a game.
its like looking for character development in an Uwe Boll movie.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by King Nothing
Bison did not use the full power of the Drive.
Due to CIS, which is why that fight was retarded.

C'mon people, I can't think of anyone in KOF/SF who can take Ryu, Ken, Sakura, Sagat and 12 dolls in so short of a time period.
I can, especially since this is there weak alpha incarnations. Also, Bison killed many of the dolls (Thank God) before retreating, again.

If Bison has to lose, that way fits best to me. Him being distracted and tired sounds sensible and justifiable.

Bison being tired from battle makes no sense since he can revitalize himself regardless even from death. Also, how was he tired during his fight with Ryu, sagat,Sakura, and Ken despite it being his first bout after a series of Fights??

The Shoryuken was the last straw, everyone knocked down the pillars and Ryu just pushed the building over. What's wrong with that?

You don't get it, Ryu single handley drove him back with a Regular Shoryuken! Sagat didn't even bother to help, maybe if he did it would make more sense. Also, Ken and Sakura fought Bison first, But they weren't able to push him back like Ryu.

Tha C-Master
I take it you mean PIS right?

King Nothing
Originally posted by Sado22
...you're wrong and I've explained why. face the facts. there is no concept of logic in a fighting game that's why its a game.
its like looking for character development in an Uwe Boll movie.

~Sado I'm wrong? Dude your are never right about anything pertaining to SF.

King Nothing
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Due to CIS, which is why that fight was retarded.

I can, especially since this is there weak alpha incarnations. Also, Bison killed many of the dolls (Thank God) before retreating, again.

Bison being tired from battle makes no sense since he can revitalize himself regardless even from death. Also, how was he tired during his fight with Ryu, sagat,Sakura, and Ken despite it being his first bout after a series of Fights??

You don't get it, Ryu single handley drove him back with a Regular Shoryuken! Sagat didn't even bother to help, maybe if he did it would make more sense. Also, Ken and Sakura fought Bison first, But they weren't able to push him back like Ryu. -You think it was retarded, I don't. It's all opinion in the end.

-Who can take them all at once?

-How can he revitalized if he's away from the Psycho Drive and too distracted to be hit by the beam from the satellite. He was weakened from the dolls not to mention, then he was weakened when Ryu went at him, even more weakened when Ken and Sakura jumped in, then Sagat jumped in. How is that not okay? We all know Ryu used a regular Shoryuken, but I guarantee you that that was and still is the most effort he ever put into a Shoryuken in his whole life. Ryu was only able to push Bison back after every one put their work in. I have a feeling y'all STILL don't get what I'm saying ESPECIALLY since y'all look to Tiamat for everything that is SF.

AsbestosFlaygon
SF3 Ryu is the strongest incarnation of Ryu to date (sans any crossover games).

The only version of Bison that stands a chance is SFA3 Shin Bison with his full Psycho Drive power.
And even then, I'm not sure if Shin Bison can take on SF3 Ryu.
My bet is he can.

juggerman
BISON

the ninjak
Bison is king. He wins/

b64
I've noticed many of you are adding Sagat to the group that took on Bison. Classic NES is correct as Sagat didn't really help the group in their fight against Bison. Sagat alone would be a tough challenge for Bison, not to mention adding Ryu, Ken and the others, but Sagat didn't help them in their battle.

juggerman
Sagat would never be any kind of challenge for Bison. There's a reason he's a henchman

Zack Fair
I don't think Sagat would be much of a challenge for Bison.

the ninjak
I remember thinking Sagat was the ultimate beast in SF with his high low fireballs and quick knee attacks...heck many opponents continued his combinations as I used Bison to dance around their attempts.

Bison's teleportation ability + his crushing combos put Bison in my top five fighters in the Alpha series. In fact he ended up as my 2nd best fighter.

I would dance around my friends with ease teleporting around their heads during their attacks, blocking any real offense and applying the damage when necessary.

The way to use Bison in the Alpha games is to mock your opponents into doing something stupid. Saving your Psycho Crusher until only necessary, for it was a easily countered move unless the opponent was completely open.

The fact that this is Alpha 2 Bison and not Alpha 3 is a problem though.

b64
Zack Fair
I don't think Sagat would be much of a challenge for Bison.

You're right, it was actually my fault I tried to show my point through a wrong way. Considering that it was during the Alpha events, Sagat wouldn't have been much of a challenge for Bison, especially against Final Bison from SFA3.

juggerman
Sagat would never be any kind of challenge for Bison. There's a reason he's a henchman

On the other hand, this statement is a false, since SF4 Sagat would be very tough opponent for SF4 Bison. By that time Sagat is in his "prime" and he isn't obsessed with his loss to Ryu anymore, while Bison decided to use a weaker body instead of waiting for the stronger one. So, SF4 Sagat would be tough for any version of Bison except the SFA 2/3 one. Also, Sagat was Bison's henchman only in SFA. By SF4 he doesn't have any connections with Shadaloo.

Back on topic, if you are counting current Bison (SF4) and current Ryu (SF3), then Ryu wins. If it's "prime vs prime", Final Bison beats Ryu.

juggerman
Originally posted by b64
On the other hand, this statement is a false, since SF4 Sagat would be very tough opponent for SF4 Bison. By that time Sagat is in his "prime" and he isn't obsessed with his loss to Ryu anymore, while Bison decided to use a weaker body instead of waiting for the stronger one. So, SF4 Sagat would be tough for any version of Bison except the SFA 2/3 one. Also, Sagat was Bison's henchman only in SFA. By SF4 he doesn't have any connections with Shadaloo.

So Sagat at his very best is a match for a ridiculously weakened Bison? Eh i think we can agree here tho i'd still give Bison the nod

b64
juggerman
So Sagat at his very best is a match for a ridiculously weakened Bison? Eh i think we can agree here tho i'd still give Bison the nod

That's right pretty much. During SF4, Bison is most likely in his weakest form, while Sagat is in his prime. It would be tough but I'd also put Bison slightly above Sagat and Ryu in SF4.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.