Is Explorer.Exe a Trojan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Janus X
Theres been experts in computer saying that Explorer.exe is a trojan. But my antivirus fails to acknowledge this. How do I delete Explorer.exe if its a virus?

Spidervlad
O_O What? Explorer.exe is in charge of all the desktop icons and the toolbar at the bottom of your desktop.

{{QS}}
Originally posted by Janus X
Theres been experts in computer saying that Explorer.exe is a trojan. But my antivirus fails to acknowledge this. How do I delete Explorer.exe if its a virus?

You may have been the victim of a prank.If you delete this file you'r pc will get totally messed up.

Puzzle

What the f**k?

Ushgarak
I was once hit by a malicious file called ' explorer.exe' (note the space, inserted by use of an invisible character), but the main file itself, hell no!

LinixCobra
"explorer.exe" is your desktop file. Deleting that will mess your PC badly. The only time that you would do anything with it is when your desktop freezes than you have to close "explorer.exe" and restart it again.

SpartanII

explorer.exe is basically the XP user interface. To a computer, there are two levels of code.

Layer 1 is all of the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. The stuff that links shortcuts, opens new files, responds to keyboard and mouse interfacing, stuff like that,

Layer 2 is what makes all of this accessible to the casual user. This is the icons, the start button, the windows, all that jazz.

explorer.exe is layer 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.